For Wakeup

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 701 through 720 (of 793 total)
  • Author
    Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 13 2012,03:31)
    I am still puzzled also, Wakeup.

Could you post the words from those verses that say Melchisadek was the Word of God transformed into a man?

Mike b.

The scriptures does not openly say that the word was melchisedek;this is why we have to seek and learn to DECERN scriptures.

Heb.7:1.For this Melchisedek,KING OF SALEM(peace)not jerusalem,but salem,for there was no city called jerusalem at his time.He is king of peace,and we know also that we only have one king of peace,and that is Jesus.Ok.

2. —HE IS ALSO KING OF RIGHTEOUSNESS,AND KING OF PEACE, we also know that we only have one king of righteousness.Ok.

Without father(earthly father),without mother,without descent,(no roots),having neither beginning of days,nor end of life.(he never died); BUT –MADE– LIKE UNTO THE SON OF GOD; ABIDETH A PRIEST CONTINUALLY(always).

Ch.6:20. —he was the forerunner for us, even JESUS,made a high priest after the ORDER OF MECHISEDEK.
    Now we know that Jesus is not following after anybody but himself.

Jesus is the preeminence of all(col1:18.)things.

By this we can know who this Melchisedek is.
    he was the word of God materialised into flesh,and Abraham met him.(gen.14:18.19.).

wakeup.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 13 2012,03:33)
    Wakeup,

Were you going to address this part of my post:

Then it only seems logical that if the SENTIENT PERSON Jesus said he had glory alongside his God before the world began, it means the SENTIENT PERSON Jesus had glory alongside his God before the world began.

Do you agree that the Word was a sentient person, separate from God, who had glory alongside his God before the world was created through him?

Mike B.

The word was always with God from the beginning.
    In the beginning was the word and the word was with God.

This same WORD was send to earth by God,in a different body(born flesh) so we can behold him.And he is called Jesus.

Before this: the WORD was also send to earth by God in a different body(flesh but not born) and he was called Melchisedek.

Melchisedek (the word)was not born; but simply translated(materialised),from spirit to flesh.
    Jesus(the word) was born as a human,and of the root of David.

Melchisedek(the word) could not die,for he is not truly human,but spirit a being -materialised- in human form.

wakeup.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 13 2012,04:24)
    wup

Mike B.

Gen.14: 18.19.
    Hebr.7: 1–4.

wakeup.

Ge 14:18 Then Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine. He was priest of God Most High,
    Ge 14:19 and he blessed Abram, saying,
    “Blessed be Abram by God Most High,
    Creator of heaven and earth.
    Ge 14:20 And blessed be God Most High,
    who delivered your enemies into your hand.”

Then Abram gave him a tenth of everything.

Heb 7:1 This Melchizedek was king of Salem and priest of God Most High. He met Abraham returning from the defeat of the kings and blessed him,
    Heb 7:2 and Abraham gave him a tenth of everything. First, his name means “king of righteousness”; then also, “king of Salem” means “king of peace.”
    Heb 7:3 Without father or mother, without genealogy, without beginning of days or end of life, like the Son of God he remains a priest forever.
    Heb 7:4 Just think how great he was: Even the patriarch Abraham gave him a tenth of the plunder!

Heb 7:11 If perfection could have been attained through the Levitical priesthood (for on the basis of it the law was given to the people), why was there still need for another priest to come—one in the order of Melchizedek, not in the order of Aaron?
    Heb 7:12 For when there is a change of the priesthood, there must also be a change of the law.
    Heb 7:13 He of whom these things are said belonged to a different tribe, and no one from that tribe has ever served at the altar.
    Heb 7:14 For it is clear that our Lord descended from Judah, and in regard to that tribe Moses said nothing about priests.
    Heb 7:15 And what we have said is even more clear if another priest like Melchizedek appears,
    Heb 7:16 one who has become a priest not on the basis of a regulation as to his ancestry but on the basis of the power of an indestructible life.
    Heb 7:17 For it is declared:
    “You are a priest forever,
    in the order of Melchizedek.”
    Heb 7:18 The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless

I DO NOT SEE IN THOSE SCRIPTURES WHAT YOU ARE CLAIMING ,SO OR IT IS NOT THERE AND YOU ARE MISTAKEN OR SHOW US WITCH IT WILL BE ????

Terra.

I have explained it to Mike,and you can read it.

wakeup.

terraricca
    Participant

wup

Terra.

wakeup.

so to what I understand you think that Melchizedek his in fact Christ the WORD of God right ????

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 13 2012,09:43)
    wup

Terra.

wakeup.

so to what I understand you think that Melchizedek his in fact Christ the WORD of God right ????

Terra.

Yes, melchisedek was the word of God TRANSFORMED into flesh.
    He had no population in salem; has he? So what king is he?
    He is king of peace and king of righteousness.

Jesus is that same word of God made flesh by birth.
    King of peace and king of righteousness.

wakeup.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Wakeup,

Melchizedek was “Shem”. (Link)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

journey42
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 13 2012,18:29)
    Hi Wakeup,

Melchizedek was “Shem”. (Link)

God bless

Edj

Shem had a father – Noah, and a mother, and brothers. Melchisedek did not have any lineage. He was not born, nor did he die…..

Hebrews 7:3 Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.

Milchisedek was “the Word” transformed into the King of Righteousness. The king of Peace. No one else has this title, but Christ. He appeared to Abraham, then disappeared.
    When Christ returns, he is not taking another's throne, he is claiming his own, as it rightfully belongs to him. Christ is always the first. The first king of Salem. (Peace)

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Georgie,

Christ returned on Pentecost.  (Link)

God bless

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 13 2012,21:21)
    Hi Georgie,

God bless

EdJ.

Where does it say in scripture(christ returned on pantecost?

wakeup.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 13 2012,16:43)
    wup

Terra.

wake up.

wup

Heb 7:15 And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest,kjv

sins when is the word ;similitude as become a certitude ???

similitude

si·mil·i·tude (s-mltd, -tyd)
    n.
    1. Similarity; resemblance. See Synonyms at likeness.
    a. One closely resembling another; a counterpart.
    b. A perceptible likeness.
    3. Archaic A simile, allegory, or parable.

——————————————————————————–

[Middle English, from Old French, from Latin similitud, from similes, like; see similar.]

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

——————————————————————————–
    similitude
    n
    1. likeness; similarity
    2. a thing or sometimes a person that is like or the counterpart of another
    3. (Literary & Literary Critical Terms) Archaic a simile, allegory, or parable
    [from Latin similitūdō, from similes like]
    Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003

this time i use the KJV ,please calling on the understanding that is faulty is not the right thing to do ,

so unless that word “SIMILITUDE ' is changed to an affirmative one your view on this his wrong.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Aug. 14 2012,00:28)

Hi Georgie,

God bless

EdJ.

wakeup.

Hi Wakeup,

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words:
    and my Father will love him, and WE will come unto him, and make OUR abode with him.

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Wakeup @ Aug. 12 2012,15:53)
    Mike b.

The scriptures does not openly say that the word was melchisedek;this is why we have to seek and learn to DECERN scriptures.

Wakeup,

You and journey make an interesting speculation about Melchizedek, and it is for sure that he is a great mystery to us all.

But Pierre makes an even better, scripturally backed point that Paul said Jesus is LIKE Melchizedek. One cannot be LIKE another one and also BE that other one.

Also, it's said that Jesus is a priest IN THE ORDER OF Melchizedek. That also means he is not actually Melchizadek.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Wakeup @ Aug. 12 2012,16:15)
    This same WORD was send to earth by God,in a different body(born flesh) so we can behold him.And he is called Jesus.

So you agree that the Word was an individual being with his own body in heaven before he was sent to earth “in a different body”?

Fantastic. :) And therefore you agree that the Word was always an individual being who was with God, but not actually God Himself, right?

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 14 2012,09:09)

Quote (Wakeup @ Aug. 14 2012,00:28)

Hi Georgie,

God bless

EdJ.

wakeup.

Hi Wakeup,

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words:
    and my Father will love him, and WE will come unto him, and make OUR abode with him.

God bless

EDJ.

You are avoiding my question again and again.
    Where does it say Jesus came back at pantecost?
    ———————————————

You are quoting scriptures about following the word; but you yourself did not do what the word says:
    Jesus said; eat my flesh; but you have spend your precious time eating some strange flesh.You love the dressings on it.

wakeup.

journey42
    Participant

similitude

Pierre

Look at the verses again.

Hebrews 7:14   For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Judah; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood.

Hebrews 7:15   And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedek there ariseth another priest,

The word is similtude. You are not understanding what these scriptures are saying, so you go to the dictionary for understanding. Go back to the scriptures, and look at what it's saying.
    After the similtude of Melchisedek, arises another priest, (Jesus).  Similar, The First King of Righteousness, and King of Peace, Christ didn't arrive in the same way did he?  No Christ was born of flesh, but he holds the same title.  So The Word appeared first as Melchisedek, then later born as Christ.  It's the same Word that has been translated – first into flesh (but not born), and second into flesh (born)
    The same Word.  There is only one Word.
    So similar to Melchisedek, Yes,
    but not exact, did not come in the same fashion, the way he came to us….. because Christ was born, died, and resurrected, whereas melchisedek appeared, then disappeared (was not born of any woman)
    but the SAME WORD, and God can manifest it, however he likes.

Hebrews 7:16   Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life

Hebrews 7:17   For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedek.

Revelation 1:17   And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

Revelation 2:8   And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;

Revelation 22:13   I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Christ is the FIRST king, and will be the LAST king of Peace and Righteousness.  He is not taking another's throne.  He appeared, in the days of Abraham, and Abraham witnessed this.

If Melchisadek were someone else, and not Christ (The Word) then the scriptures would not be true.  No one else can hold that title, not even an angel.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (journey42 @ Aug. 13 2012,17:38)
    Hebrews 7:15   And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedek there ariseth another priest

“after the similitude of Melchisedek” means “LIKE Melchizadek”.  And what do the words “ANOTHER PRIEST” mean?

NETNotes has this as part of the definition of the Greek word translated as “another”:

as opposed to some former person or thing;  the other of two  

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (journey42 @ Aug. 14 2012,17:38)

similitude

Pierre

Look at the verses again.

Hebrews 7:14   For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Judah; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood.

Hebrews 7:15   And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchizedek there ariseth another priest,

The word is similitude. You are not understanding what these scriptures are saying, so you go to the dictionary for understanding. Go back to the scriptures, and look at what it's saying.
    After the similitude of Melchizedek, arises another priest, (Jesus).  Similar, The First King of Righteousness, and King of Peace, Christ didn't arrive in the same way did he?  No Christ was born of flesh, but he holds the same title.  So The Word appeared first as Melchisedek, then later born as Christ.  It's the same Word that has been translated – first into flesh (but not born), and second into flesh (born)
    The same Word.  There is only one Word.
    So similar to Melchisedek, Yes,
    but not exact, did not come in the same fashion, the way he came to us….. because Christ was born, died, and resurrected, whereas melchisedek appeared, then disappeared (was not born of any woman)
    but the SAME WORD, and God can manifest it, however he likes.

Hebrews 7:16   Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life

Hebrews 7:17   For he testified, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedek.

Revelation 1:17   And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

Revelation 2:8   And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;

Revelation 22:13   I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Christ is the FIRST king, and will be the LAST king of Peace and Righteousness.  He is not taking another's throne.  He appeared, in the days of Abraham, and Abraham witnessed this.

If Melchizedek were someone else, and not Christ (The Word) then the scriptures would not be true.  No one else can hold that title, not even an angel.

j42

you got carry away ;let go back a little ;answer this to me ;;

IN WITCH WAY WAS OR IS CHRIST SIMILAR TO MELCHIZEDEK ACCORDING TO PAUL LETTER ???

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hebrews 7:3
    Without father, without mother, without genealogy, he has neither beginning of days nor end of life but is like the son of God, and he remains a priest for all time.

There's that word “LIKE” again. He is LIKE the Son of God, which means he can't BE the Son of God.

terraricca
    Participant

j42

Dt 18:15 The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own brothers. You must listen to him

look at the word LIKE Moses was not Christ right ???

mikeboll64
    Blocked

I must say though, Melchizadek is quite the mystery.  But remember that Paul only had the scriptures to go by, just like us.  And, ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURE, there is no RECORDED birth, death, father, or descendents of Melchizadek. That doesn't mean he didn't have these things. There are many people in the scripture that we don't know these things about.

But then again, he could be another like Elijah, who was taken up to be with God, and will live forever.  Who really knows?  After all, what do we really know about the birth or descendents of Elijah?

Viewing 20 posts - 701 through 720 (of 793 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account