For Wakeup

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 621 through 640 (of 793 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Marlin1 @ Mar. 08 2012,21:48)
    Mike and Pierre,

DEU 6:4 † Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

MARK 12:29 † And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

So tell me which is it, Scripture is WRONG?

Or is it UNDERSTANDING it Wrong?

God Bless
    Marlin

M

Dt 10:17 For the LORD your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality and accepts no bribes.
    Ps 136:2 Give thanks to the God of gods.
    His love endures forever.
    Da 2:47 The king said to Daniel, “Surely your God is the God of gods and the Lord of kings and a revealer of mysteries, for you were able to reveal this mystery.”

Da 11:36 “The king will do as he pleases. He will exalt and magnify himself above every god and will say unheard-of things against the God of gods. He will be successful until the time of wrath is completed, for what has been determined must take place.

Ps 136:3 Give thanks to the Lord of lords:
    His love endures forever.
    1Ti 6:15 which God will bring about in his own time—God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords,
    Rev 17:14 They will make war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will overcome them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings—and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers.”
    Rev 19:16 On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:
    KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

Ex 4:15 You shall speak to him and put words in his mouth; I will help both of you speak and will teach you what to do.
    Ex 4:16 He will speak to the people for you, and it will be as if he were your mouth and as if you were God to him.

god is a title not a name Jehovah is a name

Pastry
    Participant

Marlin1

The Bible does speak of other gods.

Psa 82:1  God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.  

Psa 82:6   I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.  

Psa 86:8   Among the gods there is none like unto thee, O Lord; neither are there any works like unto thy works.  

Georg

Ps. Pierre beat me to it, and he is right, god is a title, not a name; today we would say, boss.

Marlin1
    Participant

Which gods are you free to worship?

DEU 6:5 † And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

MAT 4:10 † Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

EXO 34:14 †  For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:

God Bless
    Marlin

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Marlin1 @ Mar. 08 2012,22:26)
    Which gods are you free to worship?

DEU 6:5 † And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

MAT 4:10 † Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

EXO 34:14 †  For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:

God Bless
    Marlin

Marlin

the God that his our God is the father of Christ ,the God of Abraham,Issac ,Jacob,and Daniel,Peter ,Paul,

our creator ,and the God that love us and as provided the grace to allow us to be reconciled with him,by obey him and worship him in truth and spirit ,

WE CANNOT BE DECEIVED

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Marlin1 @ Mar. 07 2012,21:48)
    Mike and Pierre,

DEU 6:4 † Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

MARK 12:29 † And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

So tell me which is it, Scripture is WRONG?

Or is it UNDERSTANDING it Wrong?

God Bless
    Marlin

It is many people's understanding that is wrong, Marlin.

Consider this passage:
    1 Cor 8
    5 For even if there are those called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many gods and many lords), 6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

Marlin, I'm sure you know that “lord” refers to “master/owner”, right?  The scripture says there is ONE lord.  So what do you make of Paul telling slaves to obey their earthly lords as if those lords were Christ himself?

What do you make of Jesus calling his own God the Lord of heaven and earth?  What do you make of Jehovah being called “Lord God” in Revelation, after Paul said Jesus was the ONLY Lord?

Are you getting it yet?  It is an emphatic statement, placing Jesus as a majestic Lord.

Ready for some more?  Okay, God also says in scripture that there is no savior apart from Him, right?

Yet, Nehemiah recounts the many saviors God SENT to help Israel throughout the years.  And God SENT Jesus to be our savior.  So how could God say He is the ONLY savior when we KNOW there were others?

Because it is an emphatic statement, meant to be understood that God is the ULTIMATE Savior.  Same with “there is no God apart from Me”.  It is an emphatic statement, placing the God who created the heavens, the earth, and everything in them ABOVE all the other gods in existence.

Ready for one more?

There are many messiahs/christs mentioned throughout the scriptures.  So, how would you understand me saying, “Yeah, but Jesus is the only true Christ” ?

Do you understand?  I wouldn't be saying that Jesus was LITERALLY the ONLY one God ever anointed.  Nor would I be saying that all the other ones, like King David and Moses, were “false christs”.  I would merely be making an emphatic statement that of all the christs God has sent, Jesus is the one that had the most impact on this world and those living in it.

Marlin, I hope you understand this.  If you cannot, then scripture truly contradicts itself for you; because, as you can see from the scripture I posted above, there are many gods in heaven and on earth.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Are you trying to muddy the water?

The Jews knew about the coming Messiah .

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 09 2012,17:34)
    Hi MB,

N

if you know better then show it or keep silence or ask question,you cannot be a student and a teacher at the same time,

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    You just do not understand
    but you backbite.

Change focus

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 08 2012,17:34)
    Hi MB,

Nick,

Have I posted something unscriptural? ???

And yes, the Jews knew about Christ Jesus coming before he came, just as they knew about Christ Cyrus coming before he came. What is your point? Or do you even have one?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 09 2012,17:50)
    Hi T,
    You just do not understand
    but you backbite.

Change focus

N

you are the one that nabbing and complain but you are the one who do not show scriptural correction,nor scriptural knowledge

and it is also you that do not believe in scriptures go back and see

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Did your Jesus need to be anointed with the Holy Spirit and power?
    Jesus of Nazareth did- he was anointed.[Acts 10.38
    There are other Jesus's preached[2cor 11.4]

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Yes Nick,

Because, although he was existing in the form of God, he made himself of no account by being made into the likeness of a human being.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Indeed the Spirit of Christ is of God.
    The Word was God

Marlin1
    Participant

there are many gods in heaven and on earth.

Mike, we are not talking about the gods you worship.  We are about the ONE GOD that true believes worship.

We are not talking about the golden calf.
    We are not talking about the little god.

We are talking about the ONE TRUE GOD
    We are talking about the ONLY GOD THAT TRUE BELIEVERS WORSHIP!!!!!!

God Bless
    Marlin

mikeboll64
    Blocked

I worship one God, Jehovah.  That doesn't stop me from believing the actual scriptures that speak of many gods.  What is it that stops you from believing them?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Marlin1 @ Mar. 10 2012,23:54)

there are many gods in heaven and on earth.

Mike, we are not talking about the gods you worship.  We are about the ONE GOD that true believes worship.

We are not talking about the golden calf.
    We are not talking about the little god.

We are talking about the ONE TRUE GOD
    We are talking about the ONLY GOD THAT TRUE BELIEVERS WORSHIP!!!!!!

God Bless
    Marlin

M1

is the word god taboo ????

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Pierre,

I think that is exactly what causes most people to scream in protest, “THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD!”  This is what they've been programmed to believe.  This is what they think is the “right thing” to say.

I understand them, because I've heard the same thing all my life.  But since I've started reading the Bible, I've come to know that many things I was told growing up are just not scriptural.  This is one of them.  For many, it IS taboo to even contemplate another powerful spirit being besides the Almighty Father.  Unfortunately, this taboo was instigated by the same people who brought us the Trinity Doctrine.  They figured if they could convince everyone that there was LITERALLY only ONE god in existence, then they could convince those same people that Jesus must BE that one god – because he is called “god” after all.

Just another twisting of scripture brought to us from the ones that would have us worship Mary as the Mother of God.  :)

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 11 2012,18:56)
    Pierre,

I think that is exactly what causes most people to scream in protest, “THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD!”  This is what they've been programmed to believe.  This is what they think is the “right thing” to say.

I understand them, because I've heard the same thing all my life.  But since I've started reading the Bible, I've come to know that many things I was told growing up are just not scriptural.  This is one of them.  For many, it IS taboo to even contemplate another powerful spirit being besides the Almighty Father.  Unfortunately, this taboo was instigated by the same people who brought us the Trinity Doctrine.  They figured if they could convince everyone that there was LITERALLY only ONE god in existence, then they could convince those same people that Jesus must BE that one god – because he is called “god” after all.

Just another twisting of scripture brought to us from the ones that would have us worship Mary as the Mother of God.  :)

:)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

I wonder what they make of the title “God of gods”?  Or “God Most High”.  Or “God Almighty”.

I wonder what they think about verses such as the following:
    Psalm 82:1
    God stands in the assembly of gods; in the midst of the gods he renders judgment.

Perhaps they think Jehovah congregates with golden calves. ???

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 12 2012,09:23)
    I wonder what they make of the title “God of gods”?  Or “God Most High”.  Or “God Almighty”.

I wonder what they think about verses such as the following:
    Psalm 82:1
    God stands in the assembly of gods; in the midst of the gods he renders judgment.

Perhaps they think Jehovah congregates with golden calves.  ???

I think many have difficulty with learning and if they learn to recognize that they have learn some thing ,

so they argue for the sake of arguing and show their inability to learn

why ??? i do not know

Viewing 20 posts - 621 through 640 (of 793 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account