For Wakeup

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 793 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Nick,

Would you argue with John's revelation, in which Jehovah is called “the Lord God” many times?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 16 2012,12:35)
    But is Jehovah still our Lord?  Is Jesus also our Lord?  The answer to both is “YES”.

How can this be if Paul says there is for us but ONE lord?  ???

Hi Mike,

JEHOVAH is “The Owner”
    Jesus is “owner”

I explained that to you, I'm sorry if YOU didn't accept my explanation?   …so which one is wrong then; 1 or 2 ?

1. Are you suggesting the bible is wrong for calling JEHOVAH LORD?
    2. Are you suggesting the bible is wrong for calling Jesus Lord?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

mikeboll64
    Blocked

I'm saying the Bible is correct on both counts. So, how do you explain Paul saying that we have but ONE lord, Ed?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 16 2012,13:08)
    I'm saying the Bible is correct on both counts.  So, how do you explain Paul saying that we have but ONE lord, Ed?

HI Mike,

I'm sorry I didn't understand your question at first. :(

YHVH is God(117) (Our Owner)
    Jesus is Lord(151) (Our Master)

Father: The Word(151) (HolySpirit)

TWICE is The LORD JEHOVAH=151 written in (God's Holy Bible) the Authorized King James Version… .

Isaiah 12:2 (Jesus Christ=151) Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid:
    for The LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.
    “GOD The Father=117 is (117=יהוה האלהים) “The Savior”=117! (Jer.14:8-9)  .

Isaiah 26:4 (HolySpirit=151) Trust ye in the LORD for ever:
          for in The LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength:
          “OUR YHVH”=117 is everlasting strength! .

God's Signature  
                                    Proof of God=117
    GOD(26) → The Bible(63) → AKJV Bible(74) → The LORD JEHOVAH(151)

יהוה=26 (God's Name: YHVH pronounced YÄ-hä-vā)
            YHVH=63 (God's Name יהוה translated into English)
            Jesus=74 (God's Son's name in English is: “Joshua”)
            HolySpirit=151 (“FATHER: The Word”: in all believers)
            God The Father=117 (Representing “GOD”: יהוה האלהים)

God bless
    (LINK to the thread THAT PROVES GOD’s EXISTENCE)

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 16 2012,10:54)
    Ed said,

Is “the son” his own father?
    I always thought when a father
    has a son, THEY become “a family”.
    The son gets married, THEY become “one”.

Is this not true?

Quote (Marlin1 @ Feb. 16 2012,10:01)
    Ed J,

I'm not sure what you ask,  Who Becomes One?  Do you speak of the woman and man?

Marlin

Hi Marlin,

“For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two
    shall be one flesh. This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.” (Eph 5:31-32)

God bless

No ED, they don't.

Husband and wife are not always in agreement with each other; and when the son, or daughter for that matter, grows up, they go their own way.

If Jesus was God, could he have then be “”made”” better than the angels?

Hbr 1:4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

If Jesus was God, could he then have been “”made”” any more perfect?

Hbr 2:10 ¶ For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

If Jesus was God, would he not already own everything; so why did God said he would “”become”” heir of it all?

Hbr 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Why would you look for possible scriptural disharmony when God has made things plain?

Is it a game?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 17 2012,12:54)
    Hi MB,
    Why would you look for possible scriptural disharmony when God has made things plain?

Is it a game?

Nick

it is only plain to the true believers

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 16 2012,12:54)
    Hi MB,

Is it a game?

I see no scriptural disharmony, Nick.

Many people have problems understanding Jehovah when He says that apart from Him, there is no god.  They must start imagining that all other mentions of gods in the Bible must refer to “false gods”, or “so-called gods”, even though those terms are never used in scripture.

But then those same people become stuck on terms like “God of gods”, “God Most High”, and “God Almighty”.  But surely you are a student of scripture, and you know those terms would amount to nothing if in fact there existed no other gods for Jehovah to be the God of, or Higher than, or more Mighty than.

Surely you know that Jehovah says there is no savior apart from Him, yet Nehemiah recounts God SENDING saviors to Israel, and Jesus is most definitely our savior too.

Surely you know that when Paul says that for us, there is but ONE lord, he doesn't not prohibit the existence of many other lords in heaven and on earth.

Surely you know that all of the above are ways of speaking emphatically, and not literally, right?

If you do not know these things, Nick, get to know them. Once you do, there will be no more “scriptural disharmony” for you when you read 1 Cor 8:6 in conjunction with Revelation 4:11.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Ed,

They are both called “Lord”, although Paul says there is but ONE “Lord”. How do you account for this……………BESIDES making up your own meanings for the word “lord”?

(Because you can't just claim without any evidence that when Jesus is called “lord”, it means “master”, but when God is called “lord”, it means “owner”. Are not both Jesus and God our “masters”? )

Pastry
    Participant

Mike

Excellent reply's, it is Nick who is playing games; which is nothing new.

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

hi MB,
    I thought you had no time but you can play around with truth?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 17 2012,09:32)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 16 2012,12:54)
    Hi MB,

Is it a game?

I see no scriptural disharmony, Nick.

Many people have problems understanding Jehovah when He says that apart from Him, there is no god.  They must start imagining that all other mentions of gods in the Bible must refer to “false gods”, or “so-called gods”, even though those terms are never used in scripture.

But then those same people become stuck on terms like “God of gods”, “God Most High”, and “God Almighty”.  But surely you are a student of scripture, and you know those terms would amount to nothing if in fact there existed no other gods for Jehovah to be the God of, or Higher than, or more Mighty than.

Surely you know that Jehovah says there is no savior apart from Him, yet Nehemiah recounts God SENDING saviors to Israel, and Jesus is most definitely our savior too.

Surely you know that when Paul says that for us, there is but ONE lord, he doesn't not prohibit the existence of many other lords in heaven and on earth.

Surely you know that all of the above are ways of speaking emphatically, and not literally, right?

If you do not know these things, Nick, get to know them.  Once you do, there will be no more “scriptural disharmony” for you when you read 1 Cor 8:6 in conjunction with Revelation 4:11.

Hi Mike,

Your analogy of gods to saviors is false because:

YHVH is “The Savior”(117) behind all those that are being saved.
    In more term they know YHVH is doing the saving through the hands of others.

But those who have other gods do NOT consider YHVH to be above  'their' gods.
    I'm not sure  if  you will understand this, but surely the others reading this post will!

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 17 2012,09:42)
    Ed,

They are both called “Lord”, although Paul says there is but ONE “Lord”.  How do you account for this……………BESIDES making up your own meanings for the word “lord”?  

(Because you can't just claim without any evidence that when Jesus is called “lord”, it means “master”, but when God is called “lord”, it means “owner”.  Are not both Jesus and God our “masters”? )

Hi Mike,

Consider: LORD the owner(or the CEO), and Lord the master(or the manager), and you should have no trouble.

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 17 2012,09:42)
    Ed,

They are both called “Lord”, although Paul says there is but ONE “Lord”.  How do you account for this……………BESIDES making up your own meanings for the word “lord”?  

(Because you can't just claim without any evidence that when Jesus is called “lord”, it means “master”, but when God is called “lord”, it means “owner”.  Are not both Jesus and God our “masters”? )

Hi Mike

“For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
    But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him,” (1 Corinthians 8:5-6)

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 16 2012,20:30)
    hi MB,
    I thought you had no time but you can play around with truth?

Show me which part of my post wasn't according to scripture, Nick.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Pastry @ Feb. 16 2012,20:21)
    Mike

Excellent reply's, it is Nick who is playing games; which is nothing new.

Georg

:)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 16 2012,22:38)
    Consider: LORD the owner(or the CEO), and Lord the master(or the manager), and you should have no trouble.

Now consider that I'm an entry lever employee. Which one of the two you mentioned (CEO and manager) are my “BOSS”?

Using your business analogy, Paul said that there is but ONE “Boss” for us, yet we know that “Boss” has a “Boss” of his own, who is ALSO our “Boss”.

So, is Jesus literally the ONLY “Boss” Ed? Or was Paul perhaps saying something else?

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Mike,

Yep, Jesus is the boss.

God bless

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 18 2012,07:30)

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 16 2012,22:38)

Now consider that I'm an entry lever employee.  Which one of the two you mentioned (CEO and manager) are my “BOSS”?

Using your business analogy, Paul said that there is but ONE “Boss” for us, yet we know that “Boss” has a “Boss” of his own, who is ALSO our “Boss”.

So, is Jesus literally the ONLY “Boss” Ed?  Or was Paul perhaps saying something else?

Hi MB,
    Why do you waste time wreiting this stuff when there is much to learn?
    If you do not know your Lord return to GO

mikeboll64
    Blocked

1 Cor 8:6
    yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

Rev 4:11
    “You are worthy, our Lord and God,
      to receive glory and honor and power,
    for you created all things,
      and by your will they were created
      and have their being.”

Nick, I haven't “re-written” anything in this post.  Please reconcile these two scriptures for me. Perhaps the living creatures before the throne didn't get Paul's memo that Jehovah was no longer a “Lord”?

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 793 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account