For non trinitarians

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 19 posts - 441 through 459 (of 459 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    Your additions to scripture carry no weight.

Participant

Hi thethinker;

John said the following?

And why did John say that if we ask the Son of God for anything that is according to HIS will HE hears us and gives it to us? Shouldn't John have taught us to pray to the Spirit?

Scripture please?

Love in christ,
    Marty

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Feb. 16 2010,09:46)
    Hi thethinker;

John said the following?

And why did John say that if we ask the Son of God for anything that is according to HIS will HE hears us and gives it to us? Shouldn't John have taught us to pray to the Spirit?

Scripture please?

Love in christ,
    Marty

Marty,

Scroll back a few pages and read my posts.

Good night all. Logging off.

thinker

igorwulff
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 16 2010,09:57)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 15 2010,16:41)
    Hi TT,
    The Spirit of the living God indwelled Jesus and he is the fountain for that eternal life for men.
    Jn7

Come to him as talking about theoretical stuff just makes you a philosopher.
    You can know the God of jesus but you cannot know a committee god.

You can know God only by knowing Jesus who is God, “one with the Father and the Holy Spirit”!

WJ

We can also become one with Yeshua and with God, does this means according to your way of thinking that we also will become God Almighty?

Are you saying that Yeshua was God on Earth? The bible teaches several things about who and what God is, and clearly Yeshua can't be Almighty God as a human being. I'm now not talking about pre-existence and stuff like that. We also know that Yeshua has and will receive all kinds of things from God and that Yeshua is sitting at the right hand of YHWH. However the bible clearly states that Yeshua lowered himself before YHWH and became lower then the Angels for a while.

igorwulff
    Participant

How do you think about Philippians 2:6?

(NIV)
    Who, being in very nature[a] God,
         did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,

a. Or in the form of

(NKJV)
    who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God

I think that in this vers the NIV translated it rather wel… Yeshua is the Image of God, to be called the “morphe” means more something like shape/form. In context the NIV translation also appears to be better then most others, like KJV… ah the pressure translators have to sell more books.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (igorwulff @ Feb. 16 2010,20:10)

Hi TT,
    The Spirit of the living God indwelled Jesus and he is the fountain for that eternal life for men.
    Jn7

You can know God only by knowing Jesus who is God, “one with the Father and the Holy Spirit”!

WJ

We can also become one with Yeshua and with God, does this means according to your way of thinking that we also will become God Almighty?

Are you saying that Yeshua was God on Earth? The bible teaches several things about who and what God is, and clearly Yeshua can't be Almighty God as a human being. I'm now not talking about pre-existence and stuff like that. We also know that Yeshua has and will receive all kinds of things from God and that Yeshua is sitting at the right hand of YHWH. However the bible clearly states that Yeshua lowered himself before YHWH and became lower then the Angels for a while.

Igor,

Jesus was indeed God in the flesh:

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made….14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth…. 18 No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.

1. The Word wwas with God and was God (vs. 1)
    2. Without the Word nothing came into existence (vs. 3)
    3. The word BECAME FLESH and was called the begotten Son (vs. 14)
    4. Only the begotten Son has seen the Father (vs. 18)

What about these statements do you not understand?

thnker

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (igorwulff @ Feb. 16 2010,20:10)

Hi TT,
    Jn7

WJ

Igor,

We are one with God through the Spirit. Jesus was one with the Father by being in the Father's bosom. We can never become one with God in the sense Jesus was one with His Father.

thinker

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (igorwulff @ Feb. 16 2010,20:22)
    How do you think about Philippians 2:6?

(NIV)
    Who, being in very nature[a] God,
         did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,

a. Or in the form of

(NKJV)
    who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God

I think that in this vers the NIV translated it rather wel… Yeshua is the Image of God, to be called the “morphe” means more something like shape/form. In context the NIV translation also appears to be better then most others, like KJV… ah the pressure translators have to sell more books.

The NIV supports the trinitarian doctrine quite well. By “nature” it is meant that Jesus Christ was all that God was and therefore subsisted as God. Just like your being in your father's nature means that you are all that your father is and you subsist as man like your father.

Thanks for the NIV Igor. This is what we have been trying to tell you guys. Jesus was by nature all that God was. Come over to the side of truth. You would make a good trinitarian apologist.

See you later

thinker

JustAskin
    Participant

Igor,

“who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God”

This is a stupid interpretation – It is trinitarian based, twsited like most of their 'proof verses'

Examine it:
    “Jesus… Who, being in the form of God”.
    —————————————
    Being 'In the form of something' almost categorically means that you are NOT that thing that you are in the form of.
    e.g.:
    The Angels appeared “IN THE FORM OF MAN” (where the ANGELS men, then?).

The voice from heaven was IN THE FORM OF THUNDER (It sounded like thunder to our ears and to our ability to describe the sound) (Was the voice actually Thunder, then?)

The fat Man wallowed in the sands IN THE FORM OF (LIKE) a Beached Whale (Is the Man a Whale, then?)

The Holy Spirit alighted on the head of Jesus IN THE FORM OF a Dove (Is the Holy Spirit a Dove, then?)

“…did not think it robbery to be equal to God!”
    ———————————————
    Ha ha… Why would anyone, being equal to someone else, even THINK about being equal…
    Why would it be written to say they DIDN'T THINK it.
    This is the whole POINT. The negative aspects points to wrong textual interpretation. Now, if the text had said “He was happy, greatful, worthy, to be equal to God” then that may have made sense (But it doesn't).

The proper interpretation:
    “Who, being in very nature[a] God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,”

Examine it:
    “”Who, being in very nature[a] God,”
    ———————————–

What is the very nature of God? A powerful Spirit (but with greater autonomy than normal (?) Angels much like Satan was and Michael is!)

“did not consider equality a thing to grasp at”
    Satan 'considered' equality with God “a thing to be grasped at” and look where it got him?

Which interpretation reads truer through textual, sentencial logic?

One stating that Jesus WAS equal to God but didn't think there was anything wrong with it?????

Or one stating that Jesus did not try to gain equality with God even though he was in a position to [futily] attempt it?

igorwulff
    Participant

Hey JustAskin! :)

Well I was trying to say, and it might be possibly that I interpret passages differently then you sometimes, but definetly from JW and TT, that of-course the last one is true. :;):

The thing Paul is trying to say is, if I remember correctly is that we should have the same humble attitude. We shouldn't be like Satan who had a lot of power and wanted to become equal to YHWH, but be like Yeshua, who even with his power and glory as firstcreation didn't seek at any time equality with God, but instead lowered himself below the Angels and died for sinful men, out of love for His Father and us and was raised again by God.

But what is wrong with saying that Yeshua was in the form of God, or was similar in form of God, when he is also called the Image of God? Clearly both identify Yeshua as someone else then God, it just depends how you (want to) read it… will think about it.  :)

igorwulff
    Participant

Verses like these really tell a lot about who Yeshua was and is in relation to YHWH.

Hebrews 5:7-10
    who, in the days of His flesh, when He had offered up prayers and supplications, with vehement cries and tears to Him who was able to save Him from death, and was heard because of His godly fear, 8 though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered. 9 And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him, 10 called by God as High Priest “according to the order of Melchizedek,”

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (igorwulff @ Feb. 16 2010,23:58)
    Hey JustAskin! :)

Well I was trying to say, and it might be possibly that I interpret passages differently then you sometimes, but definetly from JW and TT, that of-course the last one is true. :;):

The thing Paul is trying to say is, if I remember correctly is that we should have the same humble attitude. We shouldn't be like Satan who had a lot of power and wanted to become equal to YHWH, but be like Yeshua, who even with his power and glory as firstcreation didn't seek at any time equality with God, but instead lowered himself below the Angels and died for sinful men, out of love for His Father and us and was raised again by God.

But what is wrong with saying that Yeshua was in the form of God, or was similar in form of God, when he is also called the Image of God? Clearly both identify Yeshua as someone else then God, it just depends how you (want to) read it… will think about it.  :)

Igor,

Paul was saying that Jesus existed in God's form and humbled Himself and became a servant. It's that simple!

thinker

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (igorwulff @ Feb. 17 2010,02:16)
    Verses like these really tell a lot about who Yeshua was and is in relation to YHWH.

Hebrews 5:7-10
    who, in the days of His flesh, when He had offered up prayers and supplications, with vehement cries and tears to Him who was able to save Him from death, and was heard because of His godly fear, 8 though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered. 9 And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him, 10 called by God as High Priest “according to the order of Melchizedek,”

Your point being…?

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The message Jesus brought from God was that people need to come to him to find salvation.[Jn3]
    If your god is a trinity then how do you come to the Son of God?

davidH
    Participant

I know I know my God closer now that I have settled who He is.  I pray to the father. after I have prayerfuly cleaned my self by asking forgiveness. Jesus then goes between me and the father and says look he has my robes on I died for him he is clean  so I am accepted of the father and go ahead and say my piece. to Him.

I had to smile one day, I heard a Pentecostal paster pray infront the church

“thankyou Lord Jesus fro bringing us back to yourself”

makes no sense.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

Trinity is a false god.

Come back to the Father, the God of Israel.

Little children beware of idols.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To all…..MAKING JESUS’ “IMAGE” INTO A GOD IS IDOLATRY, and God is against IDOLATERS.

“YOU SHALL HAVE NO OHER GOD BESIDES ME” “YOU SHALL NOT MAKE ANY “IMAGE” OF ME IN HEAVEN ABOVE OR EARTH BENEATH”.

Peace and love to you all. …….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

Trinity belief denies that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

That is the vital belief that Philip taught the Eunuch in Acts 8.37.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

Of course Acts 8.37 is one of those verses in brackets.

You may want to research it.

Viewing 19 posts - 441 through 459 (of 459 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account