False gods/idols vrs the one true god

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 279 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 03 2013,07:33)
    If a demon told you he was a god would you believe him Mike?

I don't believe what I believe because any demon has personally told me that he is a god.

I believe they are gods because servants of God like Moses and Paul told me so.  And because even Jehovah Himself called them gods.  

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 03 2013,07:33)
    And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. Gen 3:4, 5

Why do you choose to believe satans lies?

But was that really a lie, Keith?

Genesis 3:22
    22 And the LORD God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil.”

This time, Satan didn't lie.  It happened exactly like he told Eve it would happen.  Notice that the “US” in 3:22 is the “gods” from 3:5.  Satan told Eve they would become like the gods in the respect to knowing good and evil, and then they DID become like “US” (Jehovah and the other gods in His heavenly counsel) in the respect to knowing good and evil.

Compare that with, say, Psalm 82:1, where Jehovah stands in the assembly of the gods, presiding over and rendering judgment upon the other gods.  (Some of these other gods that Jehovah rendered judgment against are the gods of Egypt, Keith.)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 03 2013,08:22)
    Its amazing at what length Polytheist will go to support their theory simply because to do other wise they would have to acknowledge Jesus is God.

It's amazing that Trinitarians put so much emphasis on the “ONE GOD” part of 1 Cor 8:6, when it is clear that Jesus is listed as someone OTHER THAN that “ONE GOD”.  :)

Or that they would place so much emphasis on “ONLY TRUE GOD”, when it is clear that Jesus can't BE that “only true God” because Jesus is the one talking TO that “only true God”.  :)

Like I said before, Keith, Trinitarians are the ones who ushered in this “monotheistic scriptures” fallacy a long time ago, because if they could convince people that there is LITERALLY only one god in scripture, then it would be easier to convince people that Jesus must BE that one god.

It has been a false claim based on personal wishes for as long as it has existed.  The scriptures actually teach about MANY gods, the Most High of whom is Jehovah.

Always remember that Jehovah couldn't possibly be the MOST HIGH god if He is literally the ONLY god.

Nor could He be the god OF gods if there exist no lesser high gods for Him to be the god OF.

This is simple common sense, but it also requires that one actually BELIEVE what is written in scripture – as opposed to these Trinitarian lies that have been grandfathered in to our current thinking for centuries.

I'm not the heretic here.  I'm the one telling it like the scriptures tell it.

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 03 2013,08:22)
    Here is a list of the false gods found in scripture…

Oh, and there is no such Hebrew or Greek phrase as “false god” in any scripture in the entire Bible.  That is another man-made alteration to scripture. The Trinitarian thinking on that one was if they could inaccurately call all the other gods mentioned in scripture “false gods”, it would help them to keep the first lie about there literally being only one “real” god in scripture.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 03 2013,09:16)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 17 2013,10:12)
    And that means we have a clear SCRIPTURAL example of the Most High God allowing a less high god to use his own power to perform many signs and wonders that no “false god” or “man-made idol” could have done.

Where is the scripture that says satan is a less high god?

Really? If Satan IS called a god in scripture, but he's NOT the MOST HIGH god Jehovah, then what other option is there, Keith?

Oh that's right, we can ADD the word “false” into the scriptures to fix the problem, right? :)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 04 2013,17:13)
    So, because you are a son of god, are you then “a god”?

Marty, that Psalm (82) was talking about heavenly beings, not men.

And YES, according to Biblical terminology and Biblical culture, God's heavenly counsel of spirit beings were also gods.

That is why they called Jehovah the MOST HIGH, or ALMIGHY god – to distinguish Him as ABOVE the other, less high gods.

You, like most people today, are simply CONFUSING our current generally accepted meaning of “god” with the Biblical meaning of “god”.

Today, we like to think that “god” refers ONLY to the one being who created all things – and therefore any other “god” is some made up god, or “false god”. That is not at all how the writers of scripture understood the words “el” and “theos”.

If we could only allow ourselves to wrap our minds around what THEY really meant by “el” and “theos”, the rest would fall in place.

But we, as a people, are stubborn and stiff-necked.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 05 2013,05:13)

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 05 2013,08:29)

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 05 2013,01:20)

Quote (t8 @ Sep. 04 2013,14:49)

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 17 2013,18:04)
    True or False?

2 Samuel 7:22
    “How great you are, Sovereign LORD! There is no one like you, and there is no God (elohim) but you, as we have heard with our own ears.

You obviously have a problem with Jesus who said, “ye are gods” which was a quote from the OT that goes, “ye are gods, ye are all sons of the Most High God”.

So here we go around the mulberry bush again. And I guess this saying is right, “always learning but never able to come to a knowledge of the truth”.

Yourself and WJ have a problem with Jesus. You really do because he used the word 'theos' in ways that you disagree with.

Hi t8:

So then, by the fact that you are a son of God, you also are “a god”?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

anyone with the truth of God almighty his more mighty than the greatest sinner on earth or in heaven ,

think about it ; I do love to be a son of my God

That was the question.  It is a privilege, and honor to be a son of God, but I am not “a god”, but am a partaker of “His divine nature”.

1Jo 4:4
    Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

It is God almighty that makes us mighty for his name sake ,and so yes I am a mighty , but I would not be so ambitious like you to be have establish that I am in line to be part of ,the partaker of his nature ,I would be just happy to be a little mighty one on earth,in his will,

We will see wen God almighty sets the table guessed ,who will be there and where , then

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 03 2013,22:39)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 03 2013,21:39)
    Greek mythology is the body of myths and teachings that belong to the ancient Greeks, concerning their gods and heroes, the nature of the world, and the origins and significance of their own cult and ritual practices. It was a part of the religion in ancient Greece. Modern scholars refer to and study the myths in an attempt to throw light on the religious and political institutions of Ancient Greece and its civilization, and to gain understanding of the nature of myth-making itself. Greek Mythology

WJ

wj

you have my way in thinking wrong;

you have to prove that actually,that what t8,mike and me believe COMES FROM THE GREEK MYTHOLOGY, AND THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN PROVE THIS IS MAKE THE BIBLE “ORIGINATE FROM THE GREEKS MYTHOLOGY, WHAT YOU CAN NOT DO ;

BECAUSE THE CLOSES YOU CAN REALLY GO IS ;
     Ge 6:4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of men and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

NEXT STEP WOULD BE THE CLAY TABLETS ;SO YOU ARE OUT DONE ,AND WHAT YOU SAY IS A LIE ,

but this is your turn so let see what you say ??? yet have lot more in my bag

WJ

You are a loser again ,and so you did lie after all ,

Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 05 2013,16:19)

True or False?

“How great you are, Sovereign LORD! There is no one like you, and there is no God (elohim) but you, as we have heard with our own ears.

You obviously have a problem with Jesus who said, “ye are gods” which was a quote from the OT that goes, “ye are gods, ye are all sons of the Most High God”.

So here we go around the mulberry bush again. And I guess this saying is right, “always learning but never able to come to a knowledge of the truth”.

Yourself and WJ have a problem with Jesus. You really do because he used the word 'theos' in ways that you disagree with.

Hi t8:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

anyone with the truth of God almighty his more mighty than the greatest sinner on earth or in heaven ,

That was the question.  It is a privilege, and honor to be a son of God, but I am not “a god”, but am a partaker of “His divine nature”.

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

It is God almighty that makes us mighty for his name sake ,and so yes I am a mighty , but I would not be so ambitious like you to be have establish that I am in line to be part of ,the partaker of his nature ,I would be just happy to be a little mighty one on earth,in his will,

We will see wen God almighty sets the table guessed ,who will be there and where , then

Hi Pierre:

The scripture that I posted above states “greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world”.

It is my Father that is mighty. He did not say that I was mighty.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 05 2013,23:04)

True or False?

Hi t8:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Hi Pierre:

The scripture that I posted above states “greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world”.

It is my Father that is mighty.  He did not say that I was mighty.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

scriptures says that Christ his the mighty one that God as send down to save us ,read the scriptures there are to many to mention ,

also the disciples received the holy spirit ,this was the power that made them mighty in the works of God ,and so could do miracles ,do things that no one else could do without the holy spirit , those are mighty men for God name

Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 05 2013,11:44)

And YES, according to Biblical terminology and Biblical culture, God's heavenly counsel of spirit beings were also gods.

That is why they called Jehovah the MOST HIGH, or ALMIGHY god – to distinguish Him as ABOVE the other, less high gods.

You, like most people today, are simply CONFUSING our current generally accepted meaning of “god” with the Biblical meaning of “god”.

Today, we like to think that “god” refers ONLY to the one being who created all things – and therefore any other “god” is some made up god, or “false god”.  That is not at all how the writers of scripture understood the words “el” and “theos”.

If we could only allow ourselves to wrap our minds around what THEY really meant by “el” and “theos”, the rest would fall in place.

Hi Mike:

Psalm 82:6

I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.
    Psa 82:7

But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes

This is the psalm to which Jesus referred when he was being accused by the Pharisees of making himself equal to
    God but in his answer to them, he did not say that he was
    god because of the fact that God called the judges “gods”, he said that “he was the Son of God”.

And so, I too am a son of God and a partaker of His divine nature but no, I am not “a god”.

I am content to say that I agree with the scripture that in my case as a born again believer that for me “there is but One God” the Father, and One Lord, my Lord Jesus.

For you, it might be different than this, but then as you say “we are a stiffnecked people”, Ever searching and never able to accept the truth when the scripture plainly states that for a Christian, the is “Only One God”.

Anything else is idolatry.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 05 2013,23:53)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 05 2013,11:44)

Today, we like to think that “god” refers ONLY to the one being who created all things – and therefore any other “god” is some made up god, or “false god”.  That is not at all how the writers of scripture understood the words “el” and “theos”.

Hi Mike:

Psalm 82:6

I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.
    Psa 82:7

But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes

This is the psalm to which Jesus referred when he was being accused by the Pharisees of making himself equal to
    God but in his answer to them, he did not say that he was
    god because of the fact that God called the judges “gods”, he said that “he was the Son of God”.

And so, I too am a son of God and a partaker of His divine nature but no, I am not “a god”.

I am content to say that I agree with the scripture that in my case as a born again believer that for me “there is but One God” the Father, and One Lord, my Lord Jesus.

For you, it might be different than this, but then as you say “we are a stiffnecked people”,  Ever searching and never able to accept the truth when the scripture plainly states that for a Christian, the is “Only One God”.

Anything else is idolatry.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

marty

Ever searching and never able to accept the truth when the scripture plainly states that for a Christian, the is “Only One God”.

WE MIKE,T8,AND I ,NEVER DENY THIS ;IDOLATRY IS THE ACTION TO WORSHIP OTHER THAN GOD ALMIGHTY ;

but you still have problems to believe in those scriptures as they are written ,;

Col 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
    Col 1:16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.
    Col 1:17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
    Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.
    Col 1:19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him,
    Col 1:20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.
    Col 1:21 Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior

and so do not believe that Christ preexisted all of creation right ???

Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 06 2013,04:53)

True or False?

Hi t8:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Hi Pierre:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

scriptures says that Christ his the mighty one that God as send down to save us ,read the scriptures there are to many to mention ,

also the disciples received the holy spirit ,this was the power that made them mighty in the works of God ,and so could do miracles ,do things that no one else could do without the holy spirit , those are mighty men for God name

Hi Pierre:
    i
    I gave you the scripture that shows who is mighty.

This is what Jesus said:

Jhn 5:19
    Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

Jhn 14:10

Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 06 2013,02:56)

True or False?

Hi t8:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Hi Pierre:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Hi Pierre:
    i

This is what Jesus said:

Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

marty

PS 82:6 I said, “You are gods,
    And all of you are sons of the Most High.
    ISA 41:23 Declare the things that are going to come afterward,
    That we may know that you are gods;
    Indeed, do good or evil, that we may anxiously look about us and fear together.
    JN 10:34 Jesus answered them, “Has it not been written in your Law, ‘I SAID, YOU ARE GODS’?

was Jesus excluded from those scriptures ??? if yes how ???

god = mighty , do not lose your mind on this words

Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 06 2013,08:11)

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 06 2013,02:56)

True or False?

Hi t8:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Hi Pierre:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Hi Pierre:
    i

This is what Jesus said:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

marty

PS 82:6 I said, “You are gods,
    And all of you are sons of the Most High.
    ISA 41:23 Declare the things that are going to come afterward,
    That we may know that you are gods;
    Indeed, do good or evil, that we may anxiously look about us and fear together.
    JN 10:34 Jesus answered them, “Has it not been written in your Law, ‘I SAID, YOU ARE GODS’?

was Jesus excluded from those scriptures ??? if yes how ???

god = mighty , do not lose your mind on this words

No, Jesus is not included from that and God said to the Son, Thy throne O god is thy septre of thy righteousness, but Jesus did not say that he was “a god”.

This is what he said:

Jhn 10:34

Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
    Jhn 10:35

If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
    Jhn 10:36

Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

He said that he was “the Son of God”, and you
    fail to post the part of Psalm 82 which states that they will die as men.

The judges were called “gods” by God because of their position as his representatives as judges, but to the people they were judges. The people did not know them as “a god”, and Moses was also said to be as “a god” to Pharoah, but to the people he was Moses.

Show me scripture where Jesus says that he is “a god”?

He said:

Jhn 17:3

And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 05 2013,11:53)
    For you, it might be different than this, but then as you say “we are a stiffnecked people”,  Ever searching and never able to accept the truth when the scripture plainly states that for a Christian, the is “Only One God”.

Psalm 82 is not about human judges, Marty.  But even if it was, Jehovah still called them gods, right?

So if Jehovah called someone other than Himself a god, and His Son Jesus Christ actually quoted that statement and added that “scripture cannot be broken”, then why in the world don't YOU believe that the ones Jehovah and Jesus called gods are indeed gods?   ???

I repeat that Psalm 82 is not about human beings, but if you insist it is about human judges, then these human judges were called “elohim” by none other than Jehovah God and Jesus Christ, right?

How then can Jehovah say there exist no elohim besides Himself, when He also called these others “elohim”?   ???  
    (Hint:  He wasn't speaking LITERALLY, but instead EMPHATICALLY)

Also, doesn't it bother you in the least that you've had to publicly disown your Creator, the Lord of Heaven and Earth, as your own Lord – just to force your doctrine into the scriptures?

If I were you, I would be very wary of disowning Jehovah as my Lord.

But do what you want………… you will anyway, right?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 05 2013,15:38)
    Show me scripture where Jesus says that he is “a god”?

How about Isaiah 9:6, where Jehovah Himself foretold that Jesus would be called a mighty god?

Marty, you are misunderstanding John 10:33-36.  The Jews never thought Jesus was claiming to be THE God.  They thought he was making himself out to be A god.

And he answered them by saying, If he called those other ones gods, and scripture cannot be broken, then why not the one God set apart as His very own and sent into the world?

Get it?  He wasn't saying that he wasn't a god.  He was saying that he was more special to Jehovah than those other ones, and Jehovah called them gods.

In other words, he was telling them that he had more right to be called a god than the other ones that Jehovah Himself had called gods years earlier.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 05 2013,15:38)
    ……you fail to post the part of Psalm 82 which states that they will die as men.

And those final words should tell you that this Psalm was not written about human beings, Marty.

What would it mean to tell a MAN that he was going to die like a MAN? ???

On the other hand, it would mean something very severe to tell an immortal spirit being that he was going to die like a human being.

terraricca
    Participant

Marty

He said that he was “the Son of God”, and you fail to post the part of Psalm 82 which states that they will die as men.

tell me what power does a SON OF GOD HAS ??? IF ANY ??? DO YOU KNOW THE POWERS THAT HIS FATHER AD GIVEN HIM ???? OR YOU RATHER STICK TO LITTLING THE SON OF THE ALMIGHTY AND IGNORE IT ???

MT 12:42 “The Queen of the South will rise up with this generation at the judgment and will condemn it, because she came from the ends of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and behold, something greater than Solomon is here.
    LK 11:31 “The Queen of the South will rise up with the men of this generation at the judgment and condemn them, because she came from the ends of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and behold, something greater than Solomon is here.

do you think that Solomon was a mighty man as the king of Israel ??? he sure was ;and yet Christ says he was greater and now you deny that,so this was a lie ,what he says ,????

Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 06 2013,08:44)

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 05 2013,11:53)

Psalm 82 is not about human judges, Marty.  But even if it was, Jehovah still called them gods, right?

So if Jehovah called someone other than Himself a god, and His Son Jesus Christ actually quoted that statement and added that “scripture cannot be broken”, then why in the world don't YOU believe that the ones Jehovah and Jesus called gods are indeed gods?   ???

I repeat that Psalm 82 is not about human beings, but if you insist it is about human judges, then these human judges were called “elohim” by none other than Jehovah God and Jesus Christ, right?

How then can Jehovah say there exist no elohim besides Himself, when He also called these others “elohim”?   ???  
    (Hint:  He wasn't speaking LITERALLY, but instead EMPHATICALLY)

Also, doesn't it bother you in the least that you've had to publicly disown your Creator, the Lord of Heaven and Earth, as your own Lord – just to force your doctrine into the scriptures?

If I were you, I would be very wary of disowning Jehovah as my Lord.

But do what you want………… you will anyway, right?

Mike:

I have not disowned my Father and God, and I have already showed you that God called the judges “gods” as his representatives,

He is Elohim because he is the God of gods, and the LORD of Lords, but does that mean that there is more than “One God”. No, it does not.

All of His heavenly hosts are one in spirit and purpose with Him, and are called by Him “gods” because of this, but no, there is not more than one God.

God also called Jesus god as his representative as head of the church, and has invested him with all power over heaven and earth, but Jesus himself did not claim to be “a god”, but stated that there was Only One True God.

I am sorry if you do not understand this Mike. And the problem with your teaching is that it is serious when Jew and Muslims will not come to God to be saved because of your misunderstanding. It is similar to the misunderstanding that has made the “trinity doctrine” an Orthodox teaching in the church.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 06 2013,09:28)
    Marty

He said that he was “the Son of God”, and you fail to post the part of Psalm 82 which states that they will die as men.

tell me what power does a SON OF GOD HAS ??? IF ANY ??? DO YOU KNOW THE POWERS THAT HIS FATHER AD GIVEN HIM ???? OR YOU RATHER STICK TO LITTLING THE SON OF THE ALMIGHTY  AND IGNORE IT ???

MT 12:42 “The Queen of the South will rise up with this generation at the judgment and will condemn it, because she came from the ends of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and behold, something greater than Solomon is here.
    LK 11:31 “The Queen of the South will rise up with the men of this generation at the judgment and condemn them, because she came from the ends of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and behold, something greater than Solomon is here.

do you think that Solomon was a mighty man as the king of Israel ??? he sure was ;and yet Christ says he was greater and now you deny that,so  this was a lie ,what he says ,????

Hi Pierre:

God has given to my Lord Jesus all power over heaven and earth, and but He said this:

Jhn 20:17

Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

He is the Christ, the Son of the Living God, and no man can come to the Father except through him, but he is a man and by his own words, he is not my Father or my God.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Participant

And, whatever Solomon had was given to him by God.

Phl 2:5

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

Phl 2:6

Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Phl 2:7

But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 279 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account