False gods/idols vrs the one true god

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 279 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 15 2013,14:58)
    1 Chronicles 16
    25For great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised;
     He also is to be feared above all gods.

How can Jehovah be feared ABOVE the OTHER gods if He is literally the ONLY one?   ??? I really want to hear an answer to this question from somebody.

26For all the gods of the peoples are idols,
     But the LORD made the heavens.

The Hebrew says “worthless”, not “idols”.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (942767 @ Aug. 15 2013,17:33)
    This is the scripture and not my opinion:

1Ti 2:5 For [there is] one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus

As indeed there are many gods and many lords.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

My definition of “god” is the same as Webster's: Any of various beings conceived of as supernatural, immortal, and having special powers over the lives and affairs of people and the course of nature.

This definition aligns with EVERY scripture in the Bible.

Do you guys who are fighting against me and scriptural truth ACCEPT this definition as being accurate?

If not, then PLEASE list YOUR OWN definition of “god”.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 14 2013,08:20)
    How can you and t8 claim “There is only One True God and yet claim there are other True Gods?

Like I said before WJ, you should not even be here because your questions expose your lack of understanding.

Here it is again for you:

There is one who is THE Theos (definite). There are some who are called 'theos' because they are of the counsel of God.

There is one who is called THE Devil (definite). There are some who are called 'devils' because they are of his counsel.

Definite and qualitative.

I await your next ignorant statement or question regarding my position. Perhaps I will just copy and paste this post each time to save time.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi T8,

I agree that there are certain posts that do have to be repeated. Also
    adding different elements to what was already said does help as well.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 16 2013,12:12)

Quote (942767 @ Aug. 15 2013,17:33)

1Ti 2:5   For [there is] one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus

As indeed there are many gods and many lords.

Well then, post the scriptures, and then see what is said.

Lightenup
    Participant

True or False?

2 Samuel 7:22
    “How great you are, Sovereign LORD! There is no one like you, and there is no God (elohim) but you, as we have heard with our own ears.

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 17 2013,01:04)
    True or False?

“How great you are, Sovereign LORD! There is no one like you, and there is no God (elohim) but you, as we have heard with our own ears.

Exactly Kathi

They can't take the blinders off their eyes to see that even Jehovah acknowledged that men had made gods for themselves and brought judgment to them like he did the Pharaoh who was worshiped as a god.

All they can do is speak swelling words of condemnation and call people ignorant. Amazing that t8 uses a chart like a pyramid showing the fallacies of debate and he sits at the bottom of the Pyramid while he calls everyone else an ass hat.

They cannot produce any scripture showing any gods doing miraculous acts accept what the magicians of Pharaoh did.

The only reason they have to take the Polytheistic view is because they want to put Jesus in the same category as all the other gods.

Pure and simple.

WJ

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 17 2013,12:04)
    True or False?

Kathi

no one argues that their is only one almighty like Jehovah God who is above all other gods ,just as the Israelites heard it and experienced it ,scriptures will confirm this over and over

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 17 2013,00:04)
    True or False?

2 Samuel NET
    7:22 …….There is no God besides you………..

7:23 ………….you delivered for yourself from the Egyptian empire and its gods.

So in one breath, David said there is no elohim besides Jehovah, and also that Jehovah delivered Israel from Egypt and its elohim.  (In what way did Jehovah deliver Israel from the gods of Egypt?  What man-made idol did He rescue them from?)

Have any of you heard of an “exaggerated statement”?  Look it up.  Many exaggerated statements are not meant to deceive, but to place EMPHASIS on a particular person, event, or thing.  That's why I call them “emphatic statements”.

Scriptural examples would include Jehovah saying there is no savior besides Him, when He knows full well that He sent many other saviors.

Or when Paul says that our one lord is Jesus, and then goes on to call Jehovah “lord”, and tell us to obey our earthly lords as we would obey Jesus.

David also said, “I will praise you, LORD, with all my heart; before the gods (elohim) I will sing your praise.”  (Psalm 138:1)

One commentator noted:  If this occurrence of elohim means un-gods, King David is saying something similar to, “Dear wife, I'm singing your praises to a bunch of prostitutes.”  :)

So Kathi, knowing that there absolutely DO exist other elohim in scripture, was David's statement in 2 Samuel 7:22 “literal”, or “emphatic”?

(Also, I can't understand your recent comments in this thread.  Don't you agree that John 1:1 speaks of TWO gods, one of whom was with the other?  And haven't you and I discussed and agreed that there are many elohim in scripture?

So I can't figure out if your posts here reflect your desire to be AGAINST me at any cost, or your desire to cozy up to Keith at any cost.  Perhaps a little of both?  Let's get to the bottom of it:  Kathi, do you believe that Jehovah the Father is LITERALLY the only elohim in existence?  YES or NO?)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 17 2013,07:04)
    They cannot produce any scripture showing any gods doing miraculous acts accept what the magicians of Pharaoh did.

You mean except what the gods of Egypt were able to do THROUGH the priests of Pharaoh, right?  Because no HUMAN BEING could “do the same things” that Jehovah did through Moses and Aaron, right?

But since you asked………..

Job
    1:12 The LORD said to Satan, “Very well, then, everything he has is in your power, but on the man himself do not lay a finger.”

1:15 ……the Sabeans attacked and made off with them……

1:16 …….The fire of elohim fell from the heavens and burned up the sheep and the servants……..

1:17 …….The Chaldeans formed three raiding parties…….

1:18 ……a mighty wind swept in from the desert and struck the four corners of the house…..

2:7 ……Satan went out from the presence of the LORD and afflicted Job with painful sores from the soles of his feet to the crown of his head.

So by Satan's own power, he controlled Sabeans, Chaldeans, fire from heaven, mighty winds, and human biology.

And that means we have a clear SCRIPTURAL example of the Most High God allowing a less high god to use his own power to perform many signs and wonders that no “false god” or “man-made idol” could have done.

That is the SCRIPTURE, Keith.  Will you believe it?  Or would you like yet another example?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Keith, I await answers from the last three posts on page 6.

“Are there other saviors besides Jehovah?” (Post 8 on page 6)

“Can you refute my understanding?” (Post 9 on page 6)

“Do any of Kathi's scriptures really say 'false gods'?” (Post 10 on page 6)

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,

How can Jehovah be feared ABOVE the OTHER gods if He is literally the ONLY one? ??? I really want to hear an answer to this question from somebody.

People make things/people gods but they are merely worthless objects of worship. Many people have objects of worship, but it is in vain.

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,

Kathi, do you believe that Jehovah the Father is LITERALLY the only elohim in existence? YES or NO?)

Read my signature and you will find your answer there.

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,

So I can't figure out if your posts here reflect your desire to be AGAINST me at any cost, or your desire to cozy up to Keith at any cost. Perhaps a little of both?

Neither. You should know better.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 15 2013,20:06)

1 Chronicles 16
    25For great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised;
     He also is to be feared above all gods.

How can Jehovah be feared ABOVE the OTHER gods if He is literally the ONLY one?   ???  I really want to hear an answer to this question from somebody.

26For all the gods of the peoples are idols,
     But the LORD made the heavens.

The Hebrew says “worthless”, not “idols”.

Mike,
    The Septuagint has the word for false gods.
    26For all the gods of the peoples are idols(Strong”s #1497), But the LORD made the heavens.

Strong's # 1497
    eidólon: an image (i.e. for worship), by impl. a false god
    Original Word: εἴδωλον, ου, τό
    Part of Speech: Noun, Neuter
    Transliteration: eidólon
    Phonetic Spelling: (i'-do-lon)
    Short Definition: an idol, false god
    Definition: an idol, false god.

And we should know that false gods are worthless, aren't they!

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 17 2013,08:53)

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 17 2013,12:04)
    True or False?

Kathi

no one argues that their is only one almighty like Jehovah  God who is above all other gods ,just as the Israelites heard it and experienced it ,scriptures will confirm this over and over

Pierre,
    Jehovah is both God of gods and Lord of lords…God, our Father and Lord Jesus Christ.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 17 2013,20:00)
    People make things/people gods but they are merely worthless objects of worship. Many people have objects of worship, but it is in vain.

Yep.  People surely have made idols and called them their gods.  

But look at the excerpt of Job that I just posted for Keith.  Shall we fear Jehovah above the god Satan?  Yep!

It is the gods like Satan that I'm discussing here.  The ones who have displayed mighty powers and have done signs and wonders.

So I'll ask again:  How are we to fear Jehovah above gods like Satan if there don't exist gods like Satan?

Will you guys pretend that Satan doesn't exist? Will you continue to pretend that all the other gods mentioned in scriptures are man-made idols? Will that continue to be your answer to everything?

Or will you start addressing gods like Satan and the gods of Egypt who we know AREN'T man-made idols because of the signs and wonders they performed?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 17 2013,20:30)
    Mike,

Kathi, do you believe that Jehovah the Father is LITERALLY the only elohim in existence?  YES or NO?)

Read my signature and you will find your answer there.

:)

You know t8 and I do this on purpose, right?  You realize that we get a kick out of watching you squirm and find just the right words so you don't have to come out and plainly say that you believe in one Almighty God the Son, and a completely DIFFERENT Almighty God the Father, right?

We do it because it is fun to show others that you will sometimes boldly proclaim your worship of TWO different Almighty Gods, but then other times will act embarrassed by your own belief.

Kathi, do you agree that John 1:1 speaks of TWO theos – one of whom was WITH the other?  YES or NO?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 17 2013,20:34)
    Mike,

So I can't figure out if your posts here reflect your desire to be AGAINST me at any cost, or your desire to cozy up to Keith at any cost.  Perhaps a little of both?

Neither. You should know better.

Kathi, why did you link the “Divine Counsel” site for Keith in that other thread? What did you hope that he would learn from Dr. Michael S. Heiser?

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 279 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account