FAITH Part 15

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Gene wrote:

Please do not take what i am saying as advocating sin , i am not brother. We should all strive to overcome sin in our lives daily

I agree that we should all strive to overcome all the sin in our lives.  I will add to that we cannot overcome all sin in our lives if we do not believe it is possible because we overcome sin through faith in Jesus the Messiah because we have confidence that God can do anything even overcome all of our sins.  This is God's grace that works through our faith in Jesus our Lord; that He will overcome all our sins and so cleanse us of all unrighteousness.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin………..Absolutely, GOD the Father does give power to overcome sins, and we should be becoming perfected, while we are not 100% yet we with GOD'S help should be growing, until we come to the the full measure if Christ as Scripture says. Those who have GOD'S Spirit will always be seeking Him.

love and peace to you and yours……………………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,
    Somewhere you said FAITH IS NOT GRACE

You know that by grace we are saved.
    You know that the Word is as a mustard see.
    You know faith comes by hearing.

All grace so far

One we are reborn into him we must build on that foundation.
    1Peter 3 7-17

2 Peter 1 offers us building blocks

2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,

3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;

7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

12 Wherefore I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things, though ye know them, and be established in the present truth.

One of them is FAITH.
    Do you need more faith?

Here is the GRACE OFFERED
    2Peter 1

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account