FAITH Part 14

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    davidbfun
    Participant

Rom 12:3 For through the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think more highly of himself than he ought to think; but to think so as to have sound judgment, as God has allotted to each a measure of faith.

Eph 4:13 until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ.

The Professor

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (davidbfun @ Aug. 28 2010,17:11)
    Pierre,

And members of the same body…..connected by the Spirit.

The Professor

DBF

you right but It take truth and the same will or intention to do the will of God,that is what it means by the same spirit,

be one in the same direction towards God.

Pierre

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To All………….FAITH (IS) THE SUBSTANCE OF THINGS HOPED FOR, IT IS THE (EVIDENCE ) OF THINGS (NOT) SEEN.

SIMPLE IS IT NOT, IT IS WHAT MAKES UP OUR HOLE BROUGHT ABLUT BY THING (NOT) SEEN , Has anyone seen God lately (NO) so how can i have (MY) EVIDENCE then? Is it not by GOD (INVOLVEMENT) IN MY LIFE THROUGH ANSWERED PRAYERS , God reveals Himself to Us. This is all the evidence you need.

“TELL ME THIS HE THAT WORKS MIRACLES AMONG YOU, DOES HE DO IT BY WORKS OF LAW OR HEARING OF YOUR FAITH”?

I believe God not because of what someone told me , I have had many many (PROOFS) GIVEN ME IN MY LIFE to believe there is indeed a true (INVISIBLE) GOD who hears our sincerer prayers.

“have your Faith have it unto yourself”…………….It is personal indeed.

Jesus said those that truly believe would have miracles happen in their lives and it is a sign that God is with Them. But the word Faith has been changed from its true original meaning by abridging of the language. Now it means any thing you except as what you believe is true without any real Proof required , just suppositions will do. Totally different from the Definition given by scripture which requires (PROOF). God is a GOD of PROOF no Suppositions. IMO

peace and love to you all………………………….gene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Aug. 29 2010,08:07)
    To All………….FAITH (IS) THE SUBSTANCE OF THINGS HOPED FOR,  IT IS THE (EVIDENCE ) OF THINGS (NOT) SEEN.

SIMPLE IS IT NOT, IT IS WHAT MAKES UP OUR HOLE BROUGHT ABLUT BY THING (NOT) SEEN , Has anyone seen God lately (NO) so how can i have (MY) EVIDENCE then? Is it not by GOD (INVOLVEMENT) IN MY LIFE THROUGH ANSWERED PRAYERS , God reveals Himself to Us. This is all the evidence you need.

“TELL ME THIS HE THAT WORKS MIRACLES AMONG YOU, DOES HE DO IT BY WORKS OF LAW OR HEARING OF YOUR FAITH”?

I believe God not because of what someone told me , I have had many many (PROOFS) GIVEN ME IN MY LIFE to believe there is indeed a true (INVISIBLE) GOD who hears our sincerer prayers.

Jesus said those that truly believe would have miracles happen in their lives and it is a sign that God is with Them. But the word Faith has been changed from its true original meaning by abridging of the language. Now it means any thing you except as what you believe is true without any real Proof required , just suppositions will do. Totally different from the Definition given by scripture which requires (PROOF).  God is a GOD of PROOF no Suppositions.  IMO

gene
    again no scriptures,
    let me help you;you say;;”TELL ME THIS HE THAT WORKS MIRACLES AMONG YOU, DOES HE DO IT BY WORKS OF LAW OR HEARING OF YOUR FAITH”?

Mt 12:27 And if I drive out demons by Beelzebub, by whom do your people drive them out? So then, they will be your judges.
    Mt 12:28 But if I drive out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.

so miracles is not proof because even Satan changes in a angel of light;

SIMPLE IS IT NOT, IT IS WHAT MAKES UP OUR HOLE BROUGHT ABLUT BY THING (NOT) SEEN , Has anyone seen God lately (NO) so how can i have (MY) EVIDENCE then? Is it not by GOD (INVOLVEMENT) IN MY LIFE THROUGH ANSWERED PRAYERS , God reveals Himself to Us. This is all the evidence you need

Mt 12:34 You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks.
    Mt 12:35 The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him.
    Mt 12:36 But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken.;;;;

Mt 12:50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother…….

if we have done some work then;;;Mt 13:12 Whoever has will be given more, and he will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken from him.
    Mt 13:13 This is why I speak to them in parables:
    “Though seeing, they do not see;
    though hearing, they do not hear or understand.

how can people recognize the true Christian if it is not according to hi words and behavior?

1Ti 5:8 If anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for his immediate family, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever

1Ti 4:1 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.
    1Ti 4:2 Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron.

1Ti 6:3 If anyone teaches false doctrines and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching,
    1Ti 6:4 he is conceited and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions
    1Ti 6:5 and constant friction between men of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain.

1Ti 5:24 The sins of some men are obvious, reaching the place of judgment ahead of them; the sins of others trail behind them.
    1Ti 5:25 In the same way, good deeds are obvious, and even those that are not cannot be hidden……

you will know how people ought to conduct themselves in God’s household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.
    1Ti 3:16 Beyond all question, the mystery of godliness is great:
    He appeared in a body,
    was vindicated by the Spirit,
    was seen by angels,
    was preached among the nations,
    was believed on in the world,
    was taken up in glory……

1Ti 3:9 They must keep hold of the DEEP TRUTHS of the faith with a clear conscience.
    1Ti 3:10 They must first be tested; and then if there is nothing against them, let them serve as deacons.

SO IT IS THE WITH THE WORDS OF YOUR MOUTH.

this is only a few verses;;

Pierre

davidbfun
    Participant

Faith is trusting God's word.

terraricca
    Participant

DBF

yes it is trusting Gods word ,but how do you demonstrate it ? BY ACTING AND SPEAKING ACCORDINGLY TO THE WORD OF TRUTH.

Pierre

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 29 2010,09:30)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Aug. 29 2010,08:07)
    To All………….FAITH (IS) THE SUBSTANCE OF THINGS HOPED FOR,  IT IS THE (EVIDENCE ) OF THINGS (NOT) SEEN.

Jesus said those that truly believe would have miracles happen in their lives and it is a sign that God is with Them. But the word Faith has been changed from its true original meaning by abridging of the language. Now it means any thing you except as what you believe is true without any real Proof required , just suppositions will do. Totally different from the Definition given by scripture which requires (PROOF).  God is a GOD of PROOF no Suppositions.  IMO

gene
    again no scriptures,
    let me help you;you say;;”TELL ME THIS HE THAT WORKS MIRACLES AMONG YOU, DOES HE DO IT BY WORKS OF LAW OR HEARING OF YOUR FAITH”?

Mt 12:27 And if I drive out demons by Beelzebub, by whom do your people drive them out? So then, they will be your judges.
    Mt 12:28 But if I drive out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.

so miracles is not proof because even Satan changes in a angel of light;

SIMPLE IS IT NOT, IT IS WHAT MAKES UP OUR HOLE BROUGHT ABLUT BY THING (NOT) SEEN , Has anyone seen God lately (NO) so how can i have (MY) EVIDENCE then? Is it not by GOD (INVOLVEMENT) IN MY LIFE THROUGH ANSWERED PRAYERS , God reveals Himself to Us. This is all the evidence you need

Mt 12:34 You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks.
    Mt 12:35 The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him.
    Mt 12:36 But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken.;;;;

Mt 12:50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother…….

if we have done some work then;;;Mt 13:12 Whoever has will be given more, and he will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken from him.
    Mt 13:13 This is why I speak to them in parables:
    “Though seeing, they do not see;
    though hearing, they do not hear or understand.

how can people recognize the true Christian if it is not according to hi words and behavior?

1Ti 5:8 If anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for his immediate family, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever

1Ti 4:1 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.
    1Ti 4:2 Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron.

1Ti 6:3 If anyone teaches false doctrines and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching,
    1Ti 6:4 he is conceited and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions
    1Ti 6:5 and constant friction between men of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain.

1Ti 5:24 The sins of some men are obvious, reaching the place of judgment ahead of them; the sins of others trail behind them.
    1Ti 5:25 In the same way, good deeds are obvious, and even those that are not cannot be hidden……

you will know how people ought to conduct themselves in God’s household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.
    1Ti 3:16 Beyond all question, the mystery of godliness is great:
    He appeared in a body,
    was vindicated by the Spirit,
    was seen by angels,
    was preached among the nations,
    was believed on in the world,
    was taken up in glory……

1Ti 3:9 They must keep hold of the DEEP TRUTHS of the faith with a clear conscience.
    1Ti 3:10 They must first be tested; and then if there is nothing against them, let them serve as deacons.

SO IT IS THE WITH THE WORDS OF YOUR MOUTH.

this is only a few verses;;

Pierre

Terricca………Absolutely (NONE) of what you have Posted has to do with the (MEANING) of the word FAITH. Just a whole bunch of Jabber, You seen to think by posting a whole bunch of scripture not even related to the Subjects being talked about makes your eight.

HERE IS THE (ONLY) DEFINITION OF THE (WORD) FAITH GIVEN IN THE BIBLE. (notice i did not say example of faith but the (DEFINITION).

Heb 11:1…………> NOW FAITH (IS) THE SUBSTANCE OF THINGS HOPED FOR, THE (EVIDENCE) OF THINGS NOT SEEN.

Terricca you need to stop trying to impress people and start staying to the (EXACT) Points of the threads.That is all you do is create confusion by you unrelated Posts. It has an appearance of understand (or light) but is nothing more than a diversion from subject matter.

So you applying about Satan trying to appear as an angel of light may apply to you more then those you are accusing of being.

Stay with the Particular Point of the threads, instead of yakking and jabbering about all kinds of things not even being discussed. by what a person has posted. IMO

peace and love………..gene

terraricca
    Participant

gene

you say;;Terricca………Absolutely (NONE) of what you have Posted has to do with the (MEANING) of the word FAITH. Just a whole bunch of Jabber, You seen to think by posting a whole bunch of scripture not even related to the Subjects being talked about makes your eight.

HERE IS THE (ONLY) DEFINITION OF THE (WORD) FAITH GIVEN IN THE BIBLE. (notice i did not say example of faith but the (DEFINITION).

Heb 11:1…………> NOW FAITH (IS) THE SUBSTANCE OF THINGS HOPED FOR, THE (EVIDENCE) OF THINGS NOT SEEN.

Terricca you need to stop trying to impress people and start staying to the (EXACT) Points of the threads.That is all you do is create confusion by you unrelated Posts. It has an appearance of understand (or light) but is nothing more than a diversion from subject matter.

So you applying about Satan trying to appear as an angel of light may apply to you more then those you are accusing of being.

Stay with the Particular Point of the threads, instead of yakking and jabbering about all kinds of things not even being discussed. by what a person has posted. IMO

peace and love………..gene

the truth is what it is,we can not changed for your convenience,you are not God ,your opinion if not forecasting truth should go to the unbeliever section were you belong,the word of God is not your truth.

you stand for many Antichrist views.like not believing in the preexistence of Christ,and Satan as per your comment ,and predeterminism,
    and who knows some other things.
    FAITH IN THE WORD OF GOD IS THAT WE BELIEVE IN IS WORD, IF NOT WE DO NOT HAVE ANY FAITH.BUT MEN.

Pierre

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terricca……….We were not talking about Faith in the (WORD) of GOD But FAITH by it Self and what is its meaning> Nothing more. Why can't you understand that. You go flying off in a hundred different direction and not even dealing with the (SPECIFIC) subject we are talking about, Try a little harder to stay on point.

And by the way very (FEW) believe like a few of us here do, the many believe like you most are all preexistences and Trinitarians. We are not either. Ant you views are Antichrist not ours according to what John said. IMO

peace and love…………………………….gene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Aug. 30 2010,23:13)
    Terricca……….We were not talking about Faith in the (WORD) of GOD But FAITH by it Self and what is its meaning> Nothing more. Why can't you understand that. You go flying off in a hundred different direction and not even dealing with the (SPECIFIC) subject we are talking about, Try a little harder to stay on point.

And by the way very (FEW) believe like a few of us here do, the many believe like you most are all preexistences and Trinitarians. We are not either.  Ant you views are Antichrist not ours according to what John said. IMO

peace and love…………………………….gene

gene

if you do not know what the word faith stand for you should go to a dictionary

if this is the type of preaching you give why do not start a topic on the explanation of bible words.

I have a dictionary in paper and on the Internet,

Pierre

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account