FAITH Part 14

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Ztheberean
    Participant

Faith needs (the teaching of) GRACE (God working upon us) so that we can have the obedience that is in His name (Rom 1:5). The will of God is that we would receive the gift of the (teaching of the) grace of God so that it can be said that we have taken on the fellowship of a ministering saint (2Cor 8:5-4 and 1), and be finished in grace, PROVIDING we have received a “willingness” to learn the teaching of the grace of God, which is beyond “our” power otherwise to receive (8:6, 3 and 12).

God has given this ministering saint a sincerely caring heart with all diligence (to establish us in the understanding of grace) once he has been sent unto us (2Cor 8:16-17), so that we would increase in faith, knowledge (of the work of God), diligence (to be in these things), and sincere love of the brethren (in the truth, with the actions of love). Are you in THIS grace? (2Cor 8:7) If so, then you have been given the grace of God so that you could have these good things (1Cor 1:4-5), to prove the sincerity of your love because you are doing these things (8:8).

Have you been given (the sincere) love that can rejoice in this truth? OR are you into some other iniquity? (Self-motivated deeds) (1Cor 13:6). Those that are into sincere love understand (by experience) that the truth reveals the grace of God (at work) (Col 1:6). Believers who have been given sincere love from God are not into seeking “their own” desires, because their thoughts are no longer “evil” (motivated for self) (1Cor 13:5).

This is why it is said that LOVE is greater than faith and hope (1Cor 13:13) Have you asked of God to make you follow after the love that desires the spiritual gift of prophecy so that you can edify the church by the word within exhortations, and comfort?(1Cor 14:1, 3-4) If so, then you are into the knowledge of doctrine so that you can be profitable unto others (14:6), because you can speak words that can be understood (14:9), Because its all about the edifying of the church (14:4), by the knowledge of doctrine (14:6).

Without the knowledge of the doctrine of God in Christ, no one can do the will of God, because all we can speak about is “ourselves” (and what we can do, rather than what God is doing) (Jn 7:17). Believers who speak about “their own selves” is because they are not in THIS truth, so they are captive in lusts, because they are following after the devils will (which is into “their own” way, will, and work)
    (Jn 8:44). Therefore these lusty believers can’t understand these words of Jesus (8:43), and they are NOT of God because they WON’T HEAR these words (8:47).

terraricca
    Participant

hi all

Faith ? , we know or we think that we have faith?
    What make us so sure we have it? Just because we say it to all we meet ?because we go to church and are very regular to attend? Others can testify to that is this faith ?I have principals and do what is right and people honor me for my good behavior, is this faith ?I love to help others I am volunteered in many organizations, is this faith ?I am a good preacher, the words of the scriptures are flowing with ease out of my mouth, is this faith? I am blessed I have a good wife ,good kids ,good job, I know I do the right thing, is this faith? I pray, I give bible advise, I am a example to my community, is this faith? ect.

We can believe or make ourselves believe that we have the right faith in God.
    But there are many religion on this planet and they as well believe that there faith is in the true God.
    And they as well are using the same principals shown above to apply as having faith.
    Do you know that for most of what is mention above the unbeliever does as well .
    So again how can we have ,obtain,gain,possess,aquire,receive,learn,show,demonstrate,use,and meet what it is to have faith ?
    First what is faith? It is the actions performed in the believe of things we hope and see but are not at hand yet.
    This is enough explanation to understand what faith is, is it ?
    It is for a righteous man, like Abraham, Job ,Noah, Daniel, Joseph, Moses, and the Apostles, and others.
    Yes faith ;is a action and the performance is the will of God, and the believe in his word of the promises God made through Christ, things you can see and taste, but not yet touch,

If you have seen and taste the promise of God and then lose your faith there would no way to be saved.
    This is why our faith must be our first preoccupation.
    The actions in our faith should all reflect Gods will as Christ showed us to follow, so it is the most important that we learn his word and have no dough about it, the promises that is.

this is the word that was preached to you.
    1Pe 2:1 Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind.
    1Pe 2:2 Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation,
    1Pe 2:3 now that you have tasted that the Lord is good.
    The performance in our actions of faith, must come from the heart, because the true believer knows in is heart, that he does not serve men but God who can see all things, so most of the true believer actions are hidden inside of his heart, but exposed before God.
    1Pe 1:13 Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed

This is why Paul says to check your own heart to see if you are in the true faith,
    When we read scriptures do we give credit to what is written by apply it to our daily live , or we argue the meaning of the words, the translation, ect.
    This action would mean that we do not recognized the word of God as being of God but of men and so our faith is like no faith at all.
    Let think, we have on hand hundreds of translation of the bible, in many languages, is it not God who made sure that we receive it, in our days so that his people can be saved? is it not God who trough his spirit brings the word to his sheep, this work is done by the angels.
    . Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value, and only ruins those who listen

It is true that our faith creates separation but that s the way it is, Christ foretold us this.
    2Ti 3:1 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days.
    2Ti 3:2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy,
    2Ti 3:3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good,
    2Ti 3:4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God—
    2Ti 3:5 having a form of godliness but denying its power
    . Have nothing to do with them
    This seems very clear, Liars and thieves are also part of that group.

And this can not become a reason to hate our fellow men, for is color, is language, and believes other than ours, or his doing, ect
    We have to, before God eliminate in our hearts all ungodly taught and doubts who may destroy our faith.
    Men cannot see our inside, only what we do, is a reflection of our spirit and believes, and so righteous men can protect themselves from the wickedness of the wicket. as far, h as he can see it.

This is a good start I think,

Pierre

davidbfun
    Participant

Mat 9:2 And, behold, they brought to him a man sick of the palsy, lying on a bed: and Jesus seeing their faith said unto the sick of the palsy; Son, be of good cheer; thy sins be forgiven thee.

Faith = sins forgiven

Mat 9:22 But Jesus turned him about, and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole. And the woman was made whole from that hour.

Faith = healing

Mat 9:29 Then touched he their eyes, saying, According to your faith be it unto you.

Faith = sight restored

Mat 14:31 And immediately Jesus stretched forth [his] hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?

Faith = save from sinking

Mat 15:28 Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great [is] thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.

Faith of others = healing

Mat 17:20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

Faith = Nothing is impossible

Mat 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier [matters] of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Faith = Law, judgment and mercy

Mar 4:40 And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith?

Faith = fearless

Mar 11:22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.

Faith = godliness

Luk 12:28 If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven; how much more [will he clothe] you, O ye of little faith?

Faith = God's covering

The Professor

terraricca
    Participant

faith =is the action to believe and so recieve ; God's covering, godliness,fearless, Law judgment and mercy,Nothing is impossible,healing, save from sinking
    ,sins forgiven and much more at the return of Christ.

Pierre

davidbfun
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 22 2010,21:43)
    faith =is the action to believe and so recieve ; God's covering, godliness,fearless, Law judgment and mercy,Nothing is impossible,healing, save from sinking
    ,sins forgiven and much more at the return of Christ.

Pierre

Pierre,

And all of this from: “Not seeing”.

Hbr 11:1 Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.

He tells us that when we ask Him for something for us to believe as if we have already received it.

Rom 14:23 But he who “doubts” is condemned if he eats, because his eating is not from faith; and whatever is not from faith is sin.

Doubt kills faith.

The Professor

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To All……….All that talk about Faith and not one definition from Scripture .

Heb 11:1….> Now Faith (IS) the Substance of things hoped for, the (EVIDENCE) of things not seen.

Has anyone here seen GOD? NO, So how can you Have that (EVIDENCE) would be the question, It has to be by God answering your prayers and showing you his existence in your lives. God must evidence himself to you in some way or you simply do not have proof or evidence of His existence in your personal life. Read the Parable of the unjust Judge and see what Jesus was saying , how God does perform things for us, but People don't retain them and so lose their faith in Him, That is why Jesus said “Never the less when the Son of Man comes will he find Faith on the earth” , I beginning to doubt he will.

peace and love…………………….gene

davidbfun
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Aug. 23 2010,11:39)
    To All……….All that talk about Faith and not one definition from Scripture .

Heb 11:1….> Now Faith (IS) the Substance of things hoped for, the (EVIDENCE) of things not seen.

Has anyone here seen GOD? NO, So how can you Have that (EVIDENCE) would be the question, It has to be by God answering your prayers and showing you his existence in your lives. God must evidence himself to you in some way or you simply do not have proof  or evidence of His existence in your personal life. Read the Parable of the unjust Judge and see what Jesus was saying , how God does perform things for us, but People don't retain them and so lose their faith in Him, That is why Jesus said “Never the less when the Son of Man comes will he find Faith on the earth” , I beginning to doubt he will.

peace and love…………………….gene

Gene,

It is too funny.

I posted similar stuff about 15 minutes before you. You must've been writing as mine was being posted. :)

Heb 11:1

Doubt = kills faith.

The Professor

terraricca
    Participant

DBF

how could those people believe and have no doubt, if they do not believe half of the written scriptures,??

the Jews add all the scriptures and did not believe either,just good for arguing about words .and try to kill the faith in others who seek the truth of God.

Pierre

davidbfun
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 23 2010,22:39)
    DBF

how could those people believe and have no doubt,  if they do not believe half of the written scriptures,??

the Jews add all the scriptures and did not believe either,just good for arguing about words .and try to kill the faith in others who seek the truth of God.

Pierre

Pierre,

Good question. But let's look at his disciples:

They were with him for 3 1/2 years, they saw almost all of the miracles he did, the casting out of spirits, the raising from the dead, God speaking/prophesying thru Peter, etc and they didn't believe in him until AFTER he rose from the dead and saw him physically.

When the Marys returned from the grave they were weaping and not expecting his return.

We, who haven't seen all of these things in person, have a tougher time “keeping the faith”.

And then there are those who see everything and then care to be like Judas and betray/deny the “Word” just like you are saying….all because they are not filled with God's Spirit and cannot understand what is written.

Or they are filled with another's spirit and speak the words of him, no?

To me, these people should be restricted to the “Skeptics” section because all they want to do is cause dissention.

Or, we should be wise enough to ignore them and have nothing to do with those of another spirit.

Faith lifts up others to help them in their walk with God and doesn't tear down.

The Professor

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 23 2010,14:39)
    DBF

how could those people believe and have no doubt,  if they do not believe half of the written scriptures,??

Pierre

Hi Terraricca,

Is someone trying to kill 'your' faith?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 24 2010,09:06)

DBF

Pierre

Hi Terraricca,

God bless

edj

no, no men can kill my faith,or shake me in it.

but i was not talking about me,and it is true what DAVIDBFUN,says it seems that there is no way we will be united in truth,so we the true believers in whole scriptures as Heaven net stands for ,this way we could go forward to strengthen are faith not arguing about nothing.(words and numbers)

Pierre

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 24 2010,07:18)

DBF

Pierre

Hi Terraricca,

God bless

edj

but i was not talking about me,and it is true what DAVIDBFUN,says it seems that there is no way we will be united in truth,so we the true believers in whole scriptures as Heaven net stands for ,this way we could go forward to strengthen are faith not arguing about nothing.(words and numbers)

Pierre

Hi Terraricca,

As long as you say 'your' not arguing about words,
    You certainly won't mind when I point out that you are; right?

Acts 10:34-36 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said,
    Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: But in
    every nation(or person) he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is
    accepted with him. The Word(HolySpirit) which God sent unto the children of Israel
    (Acts 1:15, 2:4, 2:38), preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:) (John 14:24)

In both these verses: The Word([ο λογος] Hō Lōgôs), same as John 1:1!
    Acts 12:24 But The Word(HolySpirit) of God grew and multiplied.

God bless
    Ed J

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 24 2010,15:22)

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 24 2010,07:18)

DBF

Pierre

Hi Terraricca,

God bless

edj

Pierre

Hi Terraricca,

As long as you say 'your' not arguing about words,
    You certainly won't mind when I point out that you are; right?

Acts 10:34-36 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said,
    Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: But in
    every nation(or person) he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is
    accepted with him. The Word(HolySpirit) which God sent unto the children of Israel
    (Acts 1:15, 2:4, 2:38), preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:) (John 14:24)

In both these verses: The Word([ο λογος] Hō Lōgôs), same as John 1:1!
    Acts 12:24 But The Word(HolySpirit) of God grew and multiplied.

God bless
    Ed J

edj

this is where i cannot help you ,you see the words ,not the spirit ,
    I am not the one who gives the spirit it is God.

I do not see things the way you do ,and i have explain it many times ,so whats the point to even go there?

I do not like to repeat all things,people have to search.

Pierre

davidbfun
    Participant

Pierre,

Even though “faith” (generically) may be “unseen” our faith is seen thru our words and actions:

Eph 4:3 being diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

Like many of us try to do here, eh Pierre?

The Professor

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (davidbfun @ Aug. 27 2010,08:28)
    Pierre,

Even though “faith” (generically) may be “unseen” our faith is seen thru our words and actions:

Eph 4:3 being diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

Like many of us try to do here, eh Pierre?

The Professor

DBF

yes this is true ,Even though “faith” (generically) may be “unseen” our faith is seen thru our words and actions:

Like many of us try to do here, eh Pierre? do you think that ??

how do they show that ?

as i can see ,they just have discussion on how there view are better than others,and look forward to make you see it there way.

is this right in Jesus name??

Pierre

davidbfun
    Participant

Hi Pierre,

You said: I am not the one who gives the spirit it is God.

I understand what you are saying but if you look at the “chain of command” you really do give the spirit of God to others.

Jesus received God's Spirit at his baptism.
    Jesus promised this Spirit to all believers.
    Believers (indirectly) can give this same Spirit to others so that when they preach Jesus and Salvation the non-believers when they accept Christ may become believers and receive the Holy Spirit. And together we become “ONE”.

The Professor

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (davidbfun @ Aug. 28 2010,11:01)
    Hi Pierre,

You said:  I am not the one who gives the spirit it is God.

I understand what you are saying but if you look at the “chain of command” you really do give the spirit of God to others.

Believers (indirectly) can give this same Spirit to others so that when they preach Jesus and Salvation the non-believers when they accept Christ may become believers and receive the Holy Spirit.  And together we become “ONE”.

The Professor

DBF

yes one in truth only.

Pierre

davidbfun
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 28 2010,12:08)

Hi Pierre,

Believers (indirectly) can give this same Spirit to others so that when they preach Jesus and Salvation the non-believers when they accept Christ may become believers and receive the Holy Spirit.  And together we become “ONE”.

The Professor

DBF

yes one in truth only.

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

I thought it was one in spirit, no? John 17

The Professor

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (davidbfun @ Aug. 28 2010,11:11)

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 28 2010,12:08)

Hi Pierre,

The Professor

DBF

yes one in truth only.

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

I thought it was one in spirit, no? John 17

The Professor

DBF

Jesus says the TRUTH WILL MAKE YOU FREE,all who are free in the truth are one.

Pierre

davidbfun
    Participant

Pierre,

And members of the same body…..connected by the Spirit.

The Professor

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account