Eternal torment

Viewing 20 posts - 441 through 460 (of 502 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    God calls him the Word.
    The bread FROM HEAVEN.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…> when in Jesus' ministry did God call Him the (WORD) Jesus said the words were not His do you believe that? Are you now denying what Jesus Himself said. (Amazing).

gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    In the Word of God.
    John's testimony.
    Revelation 19

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…….go to the( is Jesus not God) thread and read the 12 scriptures and then see what you think.

gene

gollamudi
    Participant

He has already skipped them for another “Rock”.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ June 13 2008,07:05)
    Nick………so i guess Moses and all the other Prophets who God spoke through didn't count right, even though Jesus quoted them often . God's word is God's word no matter who it comes (THROUGH) in the past, present or future it makes no difference if its God's word it GOD's word, surely you know that right.

gene

Hi GB,
    The Christ is greater than Moses.
    Even John was

Luke 7:28
    For I say unto you, Among those that are born of women there is not a greater prophet than John the Baptist: but he that is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he.

Moses and the other prophets spoke of the coming Son of God.
    Acts 3
    13The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.

14But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;

15And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.

16And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.

17And now, brethren, I wot that through ignorance ye did it, as did also your rulers.

18But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled.

19Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.

20And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:

21Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

22For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.

23And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

24Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.

25Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

26Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

gollamudi
    Participant

See the subjest brother Nick, “God's word” not anybody's why don't you talk on that and why are you going to another topic called “greatness of Jesus”?
    We are not discussing that now, my firend.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…….who said Jesus wasn't , there you go imputing things i did not say again and trying to make a big show out of it, can't you see the evil in that, and you got the nerve to say I put words in your mouth. like Adam said stay on subject if you can.

gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ June 13 2008,07:05)
    Nick………so i guess Moses and all the other Prophets who God spoke through didn't count right, even though Jesus quoted them often . God's word is God's word no matter who it comes (THROUGH) in the past, present or future it makes no difference if its God's word it GOD's word, surely you know that right.

gene

Hi GB,
    What I am showing is the order of importance of the prophets of which Jesus is one as Moses quoted in Acts 3 shows.
    Scripture says through Jesus that John the baptist is greater than all the other prophets, including Moses.

John himself says he is not fit to tie the sandal of Jesus.

So Jesus, the Word, is the greatest mouthpiece of God.

1Jn1
    1That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

2(For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 14 2008,09:26)

Hi GB,

So Jesus, the Word, is the greatest mouthpiece of God.  

1Jn1
    1That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

2(For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)

Hi Nick, here is the clue for claiming that the “word” is only heard from the beginning not that it was a person prior to Jesus birth in John's time. 'Seeing' or 'touching' only happened after the 'word' became flesh as Jesus.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    Was the word heard before time?

gollamudi
    Participant

you are thinking something else I hope, why not my friend God's word is heard millions of times in O.T

God spoke many times in the O.T., but was it really God that spoke?

John 5:37 “And the Father Himself, who send me, has testified of me. You have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen His form.”

The emphasis is on “any time”.
    If Jesus had not existed before he became flesh; how could the Father have send him?

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi seek,
    Yes, God did not speak directly but spoke through His angels, prophets and Jesus in the N.T times and now He is speaking to us through His Holy Spirit. Jesus was sent in the same way as John the baptist (Jn 1:6) and other prophets were sent. See Deut 18:15-22
    “A prophet like me will the LORD, your God, raise up for you from among your own kinsmen; to him you shall listen.
    This is exactly what you requested of the LORD, your God, at Horeb on the day of the assembly, when you said, 'Let us not again hear the voice of the LORD, our God, nor see this great fire any more, lest we die.'
    And the LORD said to me, 'This was well said.
    I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their kinsmen, and will put my words into his mouth; he shall tell them all that I command him.
    If any man will not listen to my words which he speaks in my name, I myself will make him answer for it.
    But if a prophet presumes to speak in my name an oracle that I have not commanded him to speak, or speaks in the name of other gods, he shall die.'
    “If you say to yourselves, 'How can we recognize an oracle which the LORD has spoken?',
    know that, even though a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD, if his oracle is not fulfilled or verified, it is an oracle which the LORD did not speak. The prophet has spoken it presumptuously, and you shall have no fear of him.”

Jesus was a prophet like Moses sent from God that doesn't mean he has to exist before his birth then that will be a mythology where gods exist in heaven and take birth on earth whenever they wish we Indians believe in such mythologies you can not understand such beliefs.
    Jewish Messiah (Jesus) was never meant as God or Godly being who should pre-exist prior to his birth. How many times we are debating on these issues but we don't want to understand these truths in a simple way.
    Peace to you
    Adam

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Gollamudi…….they can understand them, it's just not been given, please don't let them discourage you brother, but you or I will never convenience them, it's either there or not there. Its just like a cat chasing it's tail it goes round and round and wines up going where. “Unless the Lord shall build the House the weary Builders toil in vain”. I never realized that as well as i do now, thats why Jesus never really tried to convince any one He know it was either there or not there. I tell you this so you won't get discouraged brother.

Peace to you and with full assurance of the truth press on brother, because who knows what our Father has in store for you, You have greatly encouraged my heart with the understanding God Has given you.

Adam, My the the Lord bless and Keep you, make His face to shine on you and be Gracious to you, lift up His countenance on you and give you Peace .

gene

gollamudi
    Participant

Thanks a lot my brother, Gene. Do share many wonders through which I am being benefitted irrespective of others in this forum. I praise God for that always.
    Peace to you
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ June 15 2008,04:11)
    Hi seek,
    Yes, God did not speak directly but spoke through His angels, prophets and Jesus in the N.T times and now He is speaking to us through His Holy Spirit. Jesus was sent in the same way as John the baptist (Jn 1:6) and other prophets were sent. See Deut 18:15-22
    “A prophet like me will the LORD, your God, raise up for you from among your own kinsmen; to him you shall listen.
    This is exactly what you requested of the LORD, your God, at Horeb on the day of the assembly, when you said, 'Let us not again hear the voice of the LORD, our God, nor see this great fire any more, lest we die.'
    And the LORD said to me, 'This was well said.
    I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their kinsmen, and will put my words into his mouth; he shall tell them all that I command him.
    If any man will not listen to my words which he speaks in my name, I myself will make him answer for it.
    But if a prophet presumes to speak in my name an oracle that I have not commanded him to speak, or speaks in the name of other gods, he shall die.'
    “If you say to yourselves, 'How can we recognize an oracle which the LORD has spoken?',
    know that, even though a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD, if his oracle is not fulfilled or verified, it is an oracle which the LORD did not speak. The prophet has spoken it presumptuously, and you shall have no fear of him.”

Jesus was a prophet like Moses sent from God that doesn't mean he has to exist before his birth then that will be a mythology where gods exist in heaven and take birth on earth whenever they wish we Indians believe in such mythologies you can not understand such beliefs.
    Jewish Messiah (Jesus) was never meant as God or Godly being who should pre-exist prior to his birth. How many times we are debating on these issues but we don't want to understand these truths in a simple way.
    Peace to you
    Adam

Hi GM,
    Should your opinion be enough for us?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….So now you saying what Adam quotes from the bible and calling it, His opinions and even if it was, its every bit as valuable as your opinions are.

Should Your OPIOIONs be enough for US then?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    Jn 1.16
    “6There was a man sent from God, whose name was John”
    Jesus came from heaven.

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi Nick,
    “Jesus was the bread of life that came from heaven”(Jn 6:51), do you think that the bread comes directly from heaven? Jesus told that he was the bread of life (Jn 6:48) it doesn't mean that he was the literal bread but in symbolic. God's word is symbolified as bread in many places (like Deut 8:3, Matt 4:4) that 'word' is Jesus therefore he claimed that he was the bread of life that came down from heaven. What is so difficult in understanding this? Do you want to make that Jesus was existing as some being literally in heaven prior to his birth? Then I believe that is a mythology which deviates from real Monotheism of Bible.
    peace to you
    Adam

Viewing 20 posts - 441 through 460 (of 502 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account