eternal salvation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 257 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    God hates laziness and lukewarm men.
    Those who do not give top priority to his invitation are spurned.
    Lk14
    17And sent his servant at supper time to say to them that were bidden, Come; for all things are now ready.

18And they all with one consent began to make excuse. The first said unto him, I have bought a piece of ground, and I must needs go and see it: I pray thee have me excused.

19And another said, I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I go to prove them: I pray thee have me excused.

20And another said, I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come.

21So that servant came, and shewed his lord these things. Then the master of the house being angry said to his servant, Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in hither the poor, and the maimed, and the halt, and the blind.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    So we must find and follow the will of God in our lives.

Luke 12:47
    “And that slave who knew his master's will and did not get ready or act in accord with his will, will receive many lashes,

chosenone
    Participant

Is your God so weak, that we have to grovel around, and try to find Gods' will, so that we can try and do it?

Eph.1:11 God IS operating all in accord with the council of HIS WILL. Do you not understand this scripture?

gollamudi
    Participant

Wonderful

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Some unwisely rely just on the overall plan of God
    but each in the kingdom, has a role in the body of Christ.

gollamudi
    Participant

Certainly, according to His will and purpose again brother.

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 11 2008,20:07)
    Hi,
    Some unwisely rely just on the overall plan of God
    but each in the kingdom, has a role in the body of Christ.

I think this is a powerful statement

I see a lot of people who say, “GOD is going to work it out”… but yet they keep going about life as if GOD does not matter to them…YOU HAVE TO DO YOUR PART!!!!

Yes..GOD's will is in motion at all time for all humankind…but as far as us INDIVIDUALLY seeing the blessings of his will and plan…that depends on how well we follow him..

Galatians 6:8-9…8The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature[a]will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. 9Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

DK…..for (MANY) shall come to me and say Lord Lord in you name we have done all the good works, they cast out demons the built churches feed the poor paid tithes , and many other things and told everyone to be fearful and have to do more works or they are Luke warm , even thought they don't know a thing about that person, Just like many churches and religious organization do. But what is Jesus' response depart from me (YOU WORKER) of iniquity I know you not.

I is not those who (SAY) Lord Lord, that will enter the Kingdom of God but those who DO the WILL of GOD> fear mongers are only unbelievers who think they are OK because they are out telling other to fear and not to truly trust God and believe He will not forsake them or leave them and try to make people think is all up to them and the GRACE of GOD is not able to save them, they like to PLAY GOD THEMSELVES while all the time are servants of fear. They are not able to go before the throne of God with Boldness believing and trusting to find help in time of need. You brethren have not come to that mountain to Fear and Trimble as they did, but you have come to city whose builder and maker is GOD. So Fear and Trimble are the fearful and the unbelieving , just like it takes a lier to be a thief and a thief is also a lier, so are these fearful Mongers they are unbelievers, because am unbeliever is fearful. And they shall have there Part in the Lake of fire says scripture.

These people are not moved by LOVE “for love (CASTS OUT) fear but they cast in fear, thinking that makes them appear Godly. They simple DO NOT believe nor trust God to do what he said he would. They do not believe GOD (CREATES) Good works in us nor in His power to SAVE. They are an offense to the work of GOD all the while cloaking themselves in a form of Piety and some kind of Judge over GOD”S heritage. Cursed individuals ready to parish unfaithful and unholy themselves while all the time accusing others. Have you Faith Have it unto (YOURSELVES). Brethren let NO (MAN) JUDGE YOU, Because it is GOD who works His Will in you to both will and do of His good pleasure.

Peace to all who truly have Trust and Faith in God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ now and for ever……………gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….where does God HATES LUKEWARM PEOPLE> while he wants to be alive for him where does he say he (HATES) ANYONE

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 12 2008,01:59)
    DK…..for (MANY) shall come to me and say Lord Lord in you name we have done all the good works, they cast out demons the built churches feed the poor paid tithes , and many other things and told everyone to be fearful and have to do more works or they are Luke warm , even thought they don't know a thing about that person, Just like many churches and religious organization do. But what is Jesus' response depart from me (YOU WORKER) of iniquity I know you not.

I is not those who (SAY) Lord Lord, that will enter the Kingdom of God but those who DO the WILL of GOD> fear mongers are only unbelievers who think they are OK because they are out telling other to fear and not to truly trust God and believe He will not forsake them or leave them and try to make people think is all up to them and the GRACE of GOD is not able to save them, they like to PLAY GOD THEMSELVES while all the time are servants of fear. They are not able to go before the throne of God with Boldness believing and trusting to find help in time of need. You brethren have not come to that mountain to Fear and Trimble as they did, but you have come to city whose builder and maker is GOD. So Fear and Trimble are the fearful and the unbelieving , just like it takes a lier to be a thief and a thief is also a lier, so are these  fearful  Mongers they are unbelievers, because am unbeliever is fearful. And they shall have there Part in the Lake of fire says scripture.

These people are not moved by LOVE “for love (CASTS OUT) fear but they cast in fear, thinking that makes them appear Godly. They simple DO NOT believe nor trust God to do what he said he would. They do not believe GOD (CREATES) Good works in us nor in His power to SAVE. They are an offense to the work of GOD all the while cloaking themselves in a form of Piety and some kind of Judge over GOD”S heritage. Cursed individuals ready to parish unfaithful and unholy themselves while all the time accusing others. Have you Faith Have it unto (YOURSELVES). Brethren let NO (MAN) JUDGE YOU, Because it is GOD who works His Will in you to both will and do of His good pleasure.

Peace to all who truly have Trust and Faith in God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ now and for ever……………gene

I agree with you basically…I'll say it again…the Body of Christ have no need of fear..only those not doing GOD's will need fear…

Notice the scripture I just quoted in Galatians ch 6

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8…..Joejoe…..> is absolutely right , He who began a work in us will see it unto completion, You and Nick express very little Faith in the Power and Will of GOD workings in His children. I know Nick was that way bit i never thought you were. What can i say, your wrong on this T8, you portray a weak and impudent God and put all the burden of salvation on man, as if any man could save himself. If God creates us new and transforms us we will be Faithful and continue to trust and obey him and if we fail which all will then we get back up and seek help bold and find it in our time of need.

God gives us a serious mind because He is in us, and guides us , our biggest problem is our flesh and in time he will remove that.

but the fearful who are unbelievers will have their part in the lake of fire according to scripture. Love (CAST OUT) fear, what are you and Nick casting out?

peace………..gene

epistemaniac
    Participant

Joh 10:27-29 ESV My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. (28) I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. (29) My Father, who has given them to me,[a] is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand.

Rom 8:33-39 ESV Who shall bring any charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies. (34) Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died–more than that, who was raised–who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us. (35) Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? (36) As it is written,

“For your sake we are being killed all the day long;
    we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.”
    (37) No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. (38) For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, (39) nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi brothers Gene and epistemaniac,
    Wonderful points on 'free will' and 'eternal Salvation'. Love is the influencing factor to seek and follow our Father's good will which Jesus always chose to follow His Father's will.
    Thanks and blessings
    Adam

Salvation, if you are really saved, is forever eternal. John 6:37.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TaA,
    All of creation awaits the revelation of the sons of God.
    Meantime we must obey and follow Jesus.

Philippians 2:12
    Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TaA,
    We should remember half the bridesmaids were not found ready.

Hebrews 5:9
    And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To ALL….. I heaard some one say that all parables of the Kingdom of God are about one thing, them and us. The elect of God and those who are not at this time, the many and the few. Jesus said if you do not understand this parable how can you understand all parables, the reason he said the is because they are all about the same thing, the few and the many or as some one else put it them and Us.

Peace…………..gene

A person who is an elect of God is the Us, and the rest are the them.

Quote (t8 @ Aug. 08 2003,12:27)
    Revelation 3:5
    He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels.

So it appears that your name can be removed from the Book of Life.

Before you post a verse consider that it should also be taken into context, it is not meaning that you can lose salvation.

John 6:37

Anyways, if you could lose salvation, then we have a salvation of works, which is clearly wrong.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TaA,
    So the overcomers among the saved will be found among the sons of God.

Participant

Quote (Theologian-and-Apologist @ July 15 2008,08:46)

Quote (t8 @ Aug. 08 2003,12:27)
    Revelation 3:5
    He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels.

So it appears that your name can be removed from the Book of Life.

Before you post a verse consider that it should also be taken into context, it is not meaning that you can lose salvation.

John 6:37

Anyways, if you could lose salvation, then we have a salvation of works, which is clearly wrong.

Hi T&A:

The scripture states that faith without works is dead, but salvation is not of works because even though we are born again Christians doing those good works which God has foreordained that we do in the body of Christ, we make mistakes, and so, without the blood of Jesus to wash away our sins when we fail we could not be saved although we may have done many good works.  Therefore, since we did not obey God's Word without making these mistakes, salvation is not of works.

But the scripture it appears that someone who has been saved can begin practicing sin wilfully.  The Holy Ghost does not take away your freedom to choose to obey or not, and so, someone who has done this has rejected his salvation.  The Lord has not cast that person out.

Please give me your understanding of the following scriptures:

Hbr 10:26 ¶ For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
    Hbr 10:27  But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
    Hbr 10:28  He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
    Hbr 10:29  Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
    Hbr 10:30  For we know him that hath said, Vengeance [belongeth] unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
    Hbr 10:31  [It is] a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Jhn 15:1 ¶ I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
    Jhn 15:2  Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every [branch] that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

Jhn 15:6  If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast [them] into the fire, and they are burned.

Hbr 6:4  For [it is] impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
    Hbr 6:5  And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
    Hbr 6:6  If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put [him] to an open shame.
    Hbr 6:7  For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:
    Hbr 6:8  But that which beareth thorns and briers [is] rejected, and [is] nigh unto cursing; whose end [is] to be burned.

Luk 12:45  But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken;
    Luk 12:46  The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for [him], and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.
    Luk 12:47  And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not [himself], neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many [stripes].

Rom 11:22  Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in [his] goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

There may be other scriptures that one can reject his salvation, but this will suffice for now.  Please give me your understanding of these.  Thanks, and God Bless

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 257 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account