eternal salvation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 257 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…So whats your point we all know we enter through much tribulation that a given whats that Got to do with the blessed assurance of our salvation, are you saying to not trust in the power of God who works in Us both to will and do His good pleasure then. OR art you saying it's all up to US and God has nothing to do with it, exactly WHAT are you saying.

I say again WHATS YOUR POINT?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    2 Peter 1:10
    Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..I noticed you fails to complete what peter fully said, what was you true reason behind that, was it because peter said that they Know that already another word he know they already understood those thing before he ever said them why because God was Working in them not because they were going to lose there salvation. And if thats you point please produce Scripture the prove that point. You don't get it do you, God is very capable of completing his work in us a scripture says, you either believe it or not. It appears you are just trusting yourself because if you (truly) trusted in God you would not be so fear full, about your salvation, you appear to live in complete doubt.SAD!

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…….If my salvation depends on me I would never in a million years make it. I have already proven to myself i am a failure, but I fully trust in God the father to create in me a right Heart, YOU can do it any way you want. As for me I'll Just trust My creator.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    No sitting back and philosophising… we must walk
    John 12:35
    Then Jesus said unto them, Yet a little while is the light with you. Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you: for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth.

We must carry our own cross and follow him

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…right another way to side step issues.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    No sidestepping.
    It is not an arnchair ride.
    But God has all the graces available

2Peter1
    3According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

4Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

5And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

6And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;

7And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

8For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

9But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

10Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

11For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

12Wherefore I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things, though ye know them, and be established in the present truth.

13Yea, I think it meet, as long as I am in this tabernacle, to stir you up by putting you in remembrance;

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 03 2008,16:12)
    Hi GB,
    2 Peter 1:10
    Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

Hello! failing is not loosing Salvation.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    What of the bridesmaids?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….what makes you so sure they lost their salvation, they were simply not in the wedding feast they weren't able to go in at that time. So there you go condemning people by applying more then the scriptures actually say. You need to learn not to do that. If the scripture do not specifically say it why assume it then. This is also what you do with the preexistence of Jesus.

Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 03 2008,15:25)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 03 2008,06:46)
    Hi GM,
    If God could not remove the Spirit why does David pray?

Ps51
    11Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.  

We can grieve and quench the Spirit

Is63
    10But they rebelled
            And grieved His Holy Spirit;
            Therefore He turned Himself to become their enemy,
            He fought against them.  

The 5 bridesmaids given OIL[Spirit] who did not stay away had no benefits.  
    The one given a talent who did not work to increase the investment lost all he had.

Nick……..Here is something to think about, in the old testament no one Had God's spirit (IN) them it was (ON) them but not in them. The New testament is different the Spirit become permanent   and is (IN) those who have it, And will never leave them, Jesus Said he would send the Comforter to be in us and (NEVER) leave us. There is a difference between the old testament and the new.

Hi Gene:

God has said that he would not leave you nor forsake you that much is true, but you can forsake Him.

I posted an example of this. Here let me post it again:

2Ti 4:10 For Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world, and is departed unto Thessalonica; Crescens to Galatia, Titus unto Dalmatia

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

(44727…..I quest i would raise was Demas ever really converted, Paul said All in Asia forsook Him at one time. Jesus said many would come to him and say Lord Lord, and He would not recognize them. Not those who say unto me Lord Lord will enter the kingdom But He who does my will (NO),but the will of the Father, not even those who are doing their own so-called free Wills will enter in, But those who (DO) the Will of the Father. God knows His chosen and they are His elect. And He guides them continually. and disciplines and scourges and Heals and perfect them. They cannot fail because it is God in them doing the Work. It's all by (GRACE) Not of the Will of Man. We are the clay He is the potter. Whom He foreknew them He also predestined and He Justified . Demas was caught up in religion but when persecution came because of the word he loved the world more, and that caused Him to choose that way.

IMO….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    So Demas had equal access to grace as Paul or anyone.
    He fell away as he did not grasp it?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    So phil 2 in context appeals to us to obey and work out our salvation.
    We must let the grace of God to have room to control our will.
    It is not cruise control

12Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

13For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 04 2008,12:26)
    (44727…..I quest i would raise was Demas ever really converted, Paul said All in Asia forsook Him at one time. Jesus said many would come to him and say Lord Lord, and He would not recognize them. Not those who say unto me Lord Lord will enter the kingdom But He who does my will (NO),but the will of the Father, not even those who are doing their own so-called free Wills will enter in, But those who (DO) the Will of the Father. God knows His chosen and they are His elect. And He guides them continually. and disciplines and scourges and Heals and perfect them. They cannot fail because it is God in them doing the Work. It's all by (GRACE) Not of the Will of Man. We are the clay He is the potter. Whom He foreknew them He also predestined and He Justified . Demas was caught up in religion but when persecution came because of the word he loved the world more, and that caused Him to choose that way.

IMO….gene

Hi Gene:

It is by grace because as Christians we make mistakes, but God did not make us robots. He is our helper and leads us into all the truth in His Word if we want to be led, and then it is up to us to apply the Word of God to our daily lives.

Mat 7:24 ¶ Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

Mat 7:26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

It surely appears to me that we have the freedom to choose whether or not we will obey.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Those who believe in this false doctrine cannot have read 1 Cor 10

The Israelites shown symbolically for us

Reborn of water and the Spirit and fed by the living word of God
    God was not pleased with many-their bones littered the desert

1Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;

2And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;

3And did all eat the same spiritual meat;

4And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

5But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

942767…….The canal mind is not subject to the laws of God neither (CAN) be. again For God works in Us both to will and do His good pleasure, again God causes all thing to work for the good of them who love him and are called; there are so many scriptures that show it God who saves us not ourselves. You are saved by (GRACE) and that is not of yourselves, not by works lest anyone boast. When i get time I”ll try to get together all the scriptures that deal with the way we are saved theres many , It even says he who works his reward is by what is due.

Rom 11:16 ….shows if it's by works then it no longer by Grace, it clearly shows were are saved by GRACE alone. Without any works of our own. read it all.

peac brother……gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gb,
    Of course we must cooperate with grace
    Acts 13:43
    Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.

Acts 20:32
    And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.

Romans 1:5
    By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:

2 Corinthians 9:8
    And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:

Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 04 2008,15:40)
    942767…….The canal mind is not subject to the laws of God neither (CAN) be. again For God works in Us both to will and do His good pleasure, again God causes all thing to work for the good of them who love him and are called; there are so many scriptures that show it God who saves us not ourselves. You are saved by (GRACE) and that is not of yourselves, not by works lest anyone boast. When i get time I”ll try to get together all the scriptures that deal with the way we are saved theres many , It even says he who works his reward is by what is due.

Rom 11:16 ….shows if it's by works then it no longer by Grace, it clearly shows were are saved by GRACE alone. Without any works of our own. read it all.

peac brother……gene

Hi Gene:

Before we were born again we were in the world practicing sin. We did not have a personal relationship with God, and therefore, we could not obey Him.

The scripture states that we are saved by faith so that it might be by grace.  And faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.  And so, somewhere during our life before our conversion experience we heard about God and about Jesus.  Not everyone that hears believes.  In order to be saved one must believe God's testimony regarding His Son Jesus and come to Him through Jesus with a repentant heart.
    Not everyones conversion experience happens the same way.   And so, we were born again not because of the works that we did, but because we believed with a repentant heart.

After we are born again and have a personal relationship with God, we obey Him out of our love for Him, but we don't obey Him without making mistakes, and so salvation is still by grace(we did not earn our salvation through perfect obedience to His Word) even after we are in a personal relationship with God.

But we have the freedom to choose to obey or not after we have believed.

Do you think that you and I are somehow chosen above those who are not saved.  If so, how did God make the decision to choose us over them?  All of us have sinned.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 04 2008,15:40)

peac brother……gene

Hi GB,
    Who has the carnal mind?
    We are to be of the mind of Christ.[1Cor2]
    We must be transformed by the renewing of our mind.

Rom12
    2And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

This is an essential step.
    It is not instant but is a process.
    It comes by feeding on the word of God.

All saints must submit to this process daily.
    Like all of following Christ it takes effort and commitment.
    No man should presume he has already come to completion in this way.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 257 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account