eternal salvation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 17 posts - 241 through 257 (of 257 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 20 2008,13:01)
    Hi 94,

Are these sons of God by rebirth or the witnesses in heaven?
    Are they followers of the way of Christ?
    Do they even love the Word?  

No.

These are sheep who were ignorant that they had deserved salvation.
    They did not know Christ but he knew them by their loving actions.
    Works are not reliable unto salvation, except in the eyes of God.

Hi Nick:

I'll have to disagree with you on this. The scripture states that unless a man is born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.

Jhn 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    Jhn 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
    Jhn 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

These in Matthew 25 were born again believers who were obeying the Word of God. Salvation is by Faith so that it may be by grace, but faith without works is dead. This is a basic principle of salvation. One cannot be saved unless he is part of the body of Christ.

Rev 22:10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.
    Rev 22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. Rev 22:12 ¶ And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward [is] with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
    Rev 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
    Rev 22:14 Blessed [are] they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
    Rev 22:15 For without [are] dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

942767….It impossible to have true faith with out works , Works are a product of Faith. You cant separate them. I know the devil fears and thimbles as all unbelievers do.

Look the whole thing boils down to who are you trusting YOURSELF OR GOD> It just that simple I”LL trust in GOD< I know He is very capable of cleansing me and causing me to walk i n his laws and all his ways and if i sin i have an advocate Jesus Christ the righteous Thats good enough for me.

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 20 2008,15:01)
    942767….It impossible to have true faith with out works , Works are a product of Faith. You cant separate  them. I know the devil fears and thimbles as all unbelievers do.

Look the whole thing boils down to who are you trusting YOURSELF OR GOD> It just that simple I”LL trust in GOD< I know He is very capable of cleansing me and causing me to walk i n his laws and all his ways and if i sin i have an advocate Jesus Christ the righteous Thats good enough for me.

Brother Gene…

I CHOSE to responded to GOD's calling…and I rely on him to continually cleanse me and make me new…

explain how I am relying on myself and not GOD

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

DK…..you put the infuses on you i noticed not GOD, as most “CHRISTIANS” its there choice to live and do righteousnesses themselves. If you truly responded to GOD, trust me it was not your choice but God's Choice that caused it to happen in You.

For who can resist his will? God causes our will and choices , for He works in us both to WILL and DO of HIS GOOD pleasure.

peace ……….gene

Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 20 2008,15:01)
    942767….It impossible to have true faith with out works , Works are a product of Faith. You cant separate  them. I know the devil fears and thimbles as all unbelievers do.

Hi Gene:

This is Wisdom:

Mat 7:24 ¶ Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
    Mat 7:25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
    Mat 7:26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
    Mat 7:27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

1Jo 1:6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
    1Jo 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
    1Jo 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
    1Jo 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

I believe that I will apply to my life what God has taught me. How about you?

God Bless

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ July 20 2008,14:01)

Hi 94,

No.

Hi Nick:

I'll have to disagree with you on this.  The scripture states that unless a man is born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.  

Jhn 3:16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    Jhn 3:17  For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
    Jhn 3:18  He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

These in Matthew 25 were born again believers who were obeying the Word of God.  Salvation is by Faith so that it may be by grace, but faith without works is dead.  This is a basic principle of salvation.  One cannot be saved unless he is part of the body of Christ.

Rev 22:10  And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.
    Rev 22:11  He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. Rev 22:12 ¶ And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward [is] with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
    Rev 22:13  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
    Rev 22:14  Blessed [are] they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
    Rev 22:15  For without [are] dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Hi 94,
    Does God have human legal limits on His mercy?
    Mercy triumphs over judgement.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

942767…..What makes you so sure i don't apply what Jesus said also, why behold the splinter in your brothers eye and see not the beam in your own . If i chose to believe scripture that shows God will have mercy on all his creation, why should that bother any of you. Whats the reason behind you words would be my questions. Is it love or Hate for GOD? Why would it bother you if He saved everyone who ever lived, it's his creation not yours.

I heard this sermon once where this teacher said the problem with man is he Just doesn't want to obey GOD He wants to be God, He said thats who the man of sin is its man himself. It made good sense to. This whole idea of it up to me is a form of playing GOD. But Scripture says you are to love the Lord your God with (ALL) your might and mind and sterength, That total reliance on Him as i see it.IMO.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 20 2008,15:50)

Quote (942767 @ July 20 2008,14:01)

Hi 94,

No.

Hi Nick:

I'll have to disagree with you on this.  The scripture states that unless a man is born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.  

Jhn 3:16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    Jhn 3:17  For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
    Jhn 3:18  He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

These in Matthew 25 were born again believers who were obeying the Word of God.  Salvation is by Faith so that it may be by grace, but faith without works is dead.  This is a basic principle of salvation.  One cannot be saved unless he is part of the body of Christ.

Rev 22:10  And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.
    Rev 22:11  He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. Rev 22:12 ¶ And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward [is] with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
    Rev 22:13  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
    Rev 22:14  Blessed [are] they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
    Rev 22:15  For without [are] dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Hi 94,
    Does God have human legal limits on His mercy?
    Mercy triumphs over judgement.

Hi Nick:

He has provided the means through which He can have mercy, and that is through our Lord Jesus who is the proptiation for our sins.

He is not willing that any man should perish but that all may come to repentance.

God Bless

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Is God restricted to saving only those who follow Christ?

Matthew 10:42
    And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward.

We must be careful not to apply legal restrictions to God Who is above all law.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..Amen to that.

peace…..gene

Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 20 2008,15:58)
    942767…..What makes you so sure i don't apply what Jesus said also, why behold the splinter in your brothers eye and see not the beam in your own . If i chose to believe scripture that shows God will have mercy on all his creation, why should that bother any of you. Whats the reason behind you words would be my questions. Is it love or Hate for GOD? Why would it bother you if He saved everyone who ever lived, it's his creation not yours.

I heard this sermon once where this teacher said the problem with man is he Just doesn't want to obey GOD He wants to be God, He said thats who the man of sin is its man himself. It made good sense to. This whole idea of it up to me is a form of playing GOD. But Scripture says you are to love the Lord your God with (ALL) your might and mind and sterength, That total reliance on Him as i see it.IMO.

Hi Gene:

If you aren't applying to your life what God has taught you, I hope that you will because I love you and want the very best that God has to offer for you and your family.

It would be nice if God would save everyone, and it is His desire that no man should perish but that all will come to repentance, but the reality is that the scriptures show that not all will be saved.

God Bless

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

942767…….I have had a relationship with God the Father since the 60's and still do I have had so many miracles and answered prayers there wouldn't be enough room here to tell them all. I am no Novice to Gods word. And God has provided for me way more the i needed in my life. He has given me good children and grandchildren and blessed them also. He has and still answers my prayers , Have i always done right (NO) and at times i still don't but i never quite praying and asking for forgiveness and his mercy. I believe like David, surely goodness and MERCY shall follow me all the days of my life and i shall dwell in the House of the lord for ever.
    Thats what i believe and trust in. Nothing in this world that for sure.

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 20 2008,09:05)
    942767…….Show me one person who God was with who practiced sin (WILLFULLY) That an impossibility to do. What did John mean when He said we can not (PRACTICE) Sin, because HIS SEED remains in US. While we may sin at time we will never (practice ) it. Because He that is in you is (GREATER) then He that is in the world. Why do you people think your in control of you salvation, does the Father get any credit for anything. I am more and more convince when Jesus comes he will not find any Faith on the earth anymore. Sad and Sorrowful, but his words seem true.

IMO………..gene

Wonderful way to tell about the person who is born of the seed of God.
    Do continue my brother in this 'lone debate.
    May God give you strength and guidence.
    Adam

Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 20 2008,16:48)
    942767…….I have had a relationship with God the Father since the 60's and still do I have had so many miracles and answered prayers there wouldn't be enough room here to tell them all. I am no Novice to Gods word. And God has provided for me way more the i needed in my life.  He has given me good children and grandchildren and blessed them also. He has and still answers my prayers , Have i always done right (NO) and at times i still don't but i never quite praying and asking for forgiveness and his mercy. I believe like David, surely goodness and MERCY shall follow me all the days of my life and i shall dwell in the House of the lord for ever.
    Thats what i believe and trust in. Nothing in this world that for sure.

Hi Gene:

I am happy to hear this.

May God continue to bless you and your family

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Scripture is replete with warnings that being given the opportunity to become sons of God by rebirth does not always follow through.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jude
    5 I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    1 Cor 10
    10 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;

2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;

3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat;

4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

5 But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.

6 Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.

7 Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.

8 Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand.

9 Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.

10 Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.

11 Now all these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

Viewing 17 posts - 241 through 257 (of 257 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account