eternal salvation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 257 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

942767…….Show me one person who God was with who practiced sin (WILLFULLY) That an impossibility to do. What did John mean when He said we can not (PRACTICE) Sin, because HIS SEED remains in US. While we may sin at time we will never (practice ) it. Because He that is in you is (GREATER) then He that is in the world. Why do you people think your in control of you salvation, does the Father get any credit for anything. I am more and more convince when Jesus comes he will not find any Faith on the earth anymore. Sad and Sorrowful, but his words seem true.

IMO………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    The man with one TALENT who did not invest it to produce profit for God, lost it.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..now your talking rewards not Salvation, rewards is one thing salvation is quite another.

You seem to get them confused often in you posts i noticed.

IMO………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    So what was the fate of the man who was not rewarded?

Mt25
    24Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:

25And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.

26His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:

27Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.

28Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.

29For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.

30And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Lk19
    20And another came, saying, Lord, behold, here is thy pound, which I have kept laid up in a napkin:

21For I feared thee, because thou art an austere man: thou takest up that thou layedst not down, and reapest that thou didst not sow.

22And he saith unto him, Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, thou wicked servant. Thou knewest that I was an austere man, taking up that I laid not down, and reaping that I did not sow:

23Wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury?

24And he said unto them that stood by, Take from him the pound, and give it to him that hath ten pounds.

25(And they said unto him, Lord, he hath ten pounds.)

26For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him.

27But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 20 2008,09:05)
    942767…….Show me one person who God was with who practiced sin (WILLFULLY) That an impossibility to do. What did John mean when He said we can not (PRACTICE) Sin, because HIS SEED remains in US. While we may sin at time we will never (practice ) it. Because He that is in you is (GREATER) then He that is in the world. Why do you people think your in control of you salvation, does the Father get any credit for anything. I am more and more convince when Jesus comes he will not find any Faith on the earth anymore. Sad and Sorrowful, but his words seem true.

IMO………..gene

Hi Gene:

You keep giving me your opinion rather than looking at that scriptures that I have shown you. Your opinion matters only if it lines up with the scripture.

I have already shown you and example of someone who was in the faith who went back into the world in Demas. Also, Anaias and Saphira did not fare so well by what they did either.

You refer to the following scriptures:

1Jo 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
    1Jo 3:10 ¶ In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

If the Holy Ghost dwells within you, you are not practicing sin wilfully, but if you are practicing sin wilfully, the Holy Ghost is not dwelling in you. It is sin that is dwelling within you. That does not mean that the Holy Ghost was not in you at one time. The Holy Ghost does not take away your freedom to choose to obey or not to obey what God has shown you.

God Bless

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….so your assumption is he slayed the unprofitable servant then right? prove it. Where does it say the unprofitable servant was killed. While that servant was unprofitable he was not His enemy. Again you make assumption that are not backed up scripturally , Thats all it does is weaken peoples reliance on God the Father and turn there trust to themselves. This is something you will be held accountable for.

Even the slaying of Jesus' enemy's are not the last chance of salvation they will recieve, they will come up in the second resurection and be saved (YET THROUGH FIRE) intense Judgments.

IMO………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    So was it a good outcome for the unprofitable servant following armchair salvation theories?

Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 20 2008,09:43)
    Nick….so your assumption is he slayed  the unprofitable servant then right? prove it. Where does it say the unprofitable servant was killed. While that servant was unprofitable he was not His enemy. Again you make assumption that are not backed up scripturally , Thats all it does is weaken peoples reliance on God the Father and turn there trust to themselves. This is something you will be held accountable for.

Even the slaying of Jesus' enemy's are not the last chance of salvation they will recieve, they will come up in the second resurection and be saved (YET THROUGH FIRE) intense Judgments.

IMO………gene

I'll help Nick out a little here:

Mat 25:30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

942767……Being cast in outer darkness does not mean a person is eternally destroyed but is reserved for Judgment as the Angle are they are chained in darkness waiting for the judgement of GOD.

The unprofitable servant thing is re guards to Jesus coming Kingdom, and the nations will be separated also and the goats will be sent of into darkness , but where does it say they are eternally destroyed, in any of this. And what do you do with scripture that show God servants will be saved and even if they did not produce any thing it says they shall be saved (YET AS BY FIRE) what do you do with that.Do you just leave it out of scripture because it doesn't fit the dogma of SELF SALVATION.?

NickHassan
    Participant

HI GB,
    You miss the point.
    It is possible to become a servant of Christ but be found to be useless to him and like the dead branch, cut off.

Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 20 2008,10:18)
    942767……Being cast in outer darkness does not mean a person is eternally destroyed but is reserved for Judgment as the Angle are they are chained in darkness waiting for the judgement  of GOD.

The unprofitable servant thing is re guards to Jesus coming Kingdom, and the nations will be separated also and the goats will be sent of into darkness , but where does it say they are eternally destroyed, in any of this. And what do you do with scripture that show God servants will be saved and even if they did not produce any thing it says they shall be saved (YET AS BY FIRE) what do you do with that.Do you just leave it out of scripture because it doesn't fit the dogma of SELF SALVATION.?

Hi Gene:

All of us being in unbelief at one time were in darkness, and we can come into God's eternal house from this darkness, but not from outer darkness, and what is your take on the rest of the scripture which states: “there will be weeping an gnashing of teeth”. It definitely refers to judgment.

Jud 1:13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.
    Jud 1:14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
    Jud 1:15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard [speeches] which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.
    Jud 1:16 ¶ These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling [words], having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.

The fate of the unprofitable servants:

Mat 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
    Mat 25:42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
    Mat 25:43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. Mat 25:44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
    Mat 25:45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did [it] not to one of the least of these, ye did [it] not to me.
    Mat 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

God Bless

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    The sheep and goat judgement you quote is not that of the house of God after the first resurrection but is of the world after the millenium and the second resurrection.

Mat 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
    Mat 25:42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
    Mat 25:43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. Mat 25:44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
    Mat 25:45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did [it] not to one of the least of these, ye did [it] not to me.
    Mat 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Here is the sequence as shown in Rev20
    1And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

2And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

3And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

4And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

6Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

7And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

8And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

9And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

10And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

11And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

12And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

dirtyknections
    Participant

(FROM ANOTHER POST)

THIS FIRST SET OF SCRIPTURES SHOWS WHAT WE HAVE TO DO ..AFTER..WE ARE BORN AGAIN…NOT BEFORE>>BUT AFTER

Hebrews 3:14 …14We have come to share in Christ IF we hold firmly till the end the confidence we had at first.

Hebrews 12:1… 1Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with PERSEVERANCE the race marked out for us.

Matthew 10:22…22All men will hate you because of me, but he who STANDS FIRM to the end will be saved.

1 Corinthians 9:24-27… 24Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

25Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. 26Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. 27No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

1 Corinthians 10:9…9We should not test the Lord, as some of them did—and were killed by snakes.

Philippians 3:12-14 … 12Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I PRESS ON to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

2 Timothy 4:7-8…7I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have KEPT the faith. 8Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.

Revelation 2:10…10Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you the crown of life.

Philippians 2:12… 12Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling,

NOTICE THE JUDGEMENT OF THOSE WHO DO NOT DO GODS WILL

Hebrews 10:26-29… 26IF we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. 28Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29How much more severely do you think a man deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God under foot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified him, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace?

2 Thessalonians 1:9 …9They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the majesty of his power

Revelation 21:8 …8But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

Matthew 7:13-14… 13″Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 20 2008,11:21)
    Hi 94,
    The sheep and goat judgement you quote is not that of the house of God after the first resurrection but is of the world after the millenium and the second resurrection.

Mat 25:41  Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
    Mat 25:42  For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
    Mat 25:43  I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. Mat 25:44  Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
    Mat 25:45  Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did [it] not to one of the least of these, ye did [it] not to me.
    Mat 25:46  And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Hi Nick:

My understanding is that there only two resurrections: the resurrection of the just, which is the first resurrection, and that of the unjust which is after 1000 year period commonly known as the mellinium.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    I agree.
    That of the world still reveals the mercy of God to the merciful.
    The tailings from the search receive the same reward as those found to be sons of God.
    Mt 20
    8So when even was come, the lord of the vineyard saith unto his steward, Call the labourers, and give them their hire, beginning from the last unto the first.

9And when they came that were hired about the eleventh hour, they received every man a penny.

10But when the first came, they supposed that they should have received more; and they likewise received every man a penny.

11And when they had received it, they murmured against the goodman of the house,

12Saying, These last have wrought but one hour, and thou hast made them equal unto us, which have borne the burden and heat of the day.

13But he answered one of them, and said, Friend, I do thee no wrong: didst not thou agree with me for a penny?

14Take that thine is, and go thy way: I will give unto this last, even as unto thee.

15Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good?

16So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 20 2008,12:35)
    Hi 94,
    I agree.
    That of the world still reveals the mercy of God to the merciful.
    The tailings from the search receive the same reward as those found to be sons of God.
     Mt 20
    8So when even was come, the lord of the vineyard saith unto his steward, Call the labourers, and give them their hire, beginning from the last unto the first.

9And when they came that were hired about the eleventh hour, they received every man a penny.

10But when the first came, they supposed that they should have received more; and they likewise received every man a penny.

11And when they had received it, they murmured against the goodman of the house,

12Saying, These last have wrought but one hour, and thou hast made them equal unto us, which have borne the burden and heat of the day.

13But he answered one of them, and said, Friend, I do thee no wrong: didst not thou agree with me for a penny?

14Take that thine is, and go thy way: I will give unto this last, even as unto thee.

15Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good?

16So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.

Hi Nick:

My understanding of what is being said by these scriptures is that there will be some who will be saved who will not have the time as much as others to obey His Word, but they will be rewarded the same as those who obeyed the Word of God with more amount of time than they.

When the Lord comes for the church, there will be some who were saved just prior to his coming.  They would not have had the time to do as many good works in obedience to God's Word as someone who had been saved with 20 years to do good works in obedience to God's Word.

God will reward everyone equitably according our works.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    What does scripture say?

Mt25
    34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,

Are these sons of God by rebirth or the witnesses in heaven?
    Are they followers of the way of Christ?
    Do they even love the Word?

No.

These are sheep who were ignorant that they had deserved salvation.
    They did not know Christ but he knew them by their loving actions.
    Works are not reliable unto salvation, except in the eyes of God.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 20 2008,12:57)
    Hi 94,
    What does scripture say?

Mt25
    34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Hi Nick;

And so, when do you see these judgments in Matthew 25 taking place?

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 257 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account