Emmanuel

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 368 total)
  • Author
    SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Tim, it seems like Ed was agreeing with you.

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Hi Mike,

You answered your own question earlier in your own post:

I know what I think, and what I believe im asking for your input OBVIO->(Spanish gesture, translation: obviously)

Jesus was called “Jesus” because it reminded people that JEHOVAH is our Salvation – not because the corporeal being of Jesus was in fact the abstract notion of salvation.  Our salvation came THROUGH this particular one of many who were named Joshua, but he was not that salvation himself.

Maybe you didn't realize what I said Mike.

I stated that “Jesus name actually means salvation. AND He IS Salvation.”  I didnt' state because of that name He is Salvation, but He so happens to be the “Way, the truth and the life” of all men.   He is Salvation.  In my country we have people callled Jesús but of course they in no way relate to Jesus the Messiah.
    He Didnt remind the people about anything, He lived out a particular mission to Save the people from their sins.
    The only way people could be saved was by Jesus dying on that Cross and by being Ressurected.
    He is the “bread of life” “He sustains all life”

You see its easy for me to understand that because i can simply read, and believe.  Yet you have to depend on fairytales…. you live in Bizzaro World  full of Doctrines  :D

Jesus was called “Immanuel” simply because he was to be the living proof that God IS still on our side, or “with us”, not because God Almighty, Whom no man has EVER seen, came to us in full view and dwelled among us.

Here is the problem with your understanding and a number of fallacys.
    1. No one has ever seen God?
    A. Stephen saw God did he not or was He lying?
    Acts 7:56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.
    If you want to take that literally than of course it simply means that God has a literal right side and a temporal place to actually have a throne.
    But of course if you believe this than it would contradict your last statements because indeed a Man (Stephen) saw God, and on the right of Him is Jesus.  Than it would mean that at least ONE man as seen God.

B. Jesus
    John 1: 18No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.
    No man has ever seen God, yet Jesus did? according to your doctrine nobody has ever seen God nor heard from him?
    Was Jesus not a Man?
    John 6:45-47
    45It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.
    46Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.
    47Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

according to this, the ones who are from God have seen the Father?

C. Job
    Job 38:1 Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind:
    God Almighty answered from a Whirlwind??
    God manifested himself in a Worldwind and talked to Job????

D. Isaiah
    5Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.

In Conclusion for this point, Im sure your referring to this Verse. 4For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him.
    No one since the begining of time, has ever witnessed any other god but the one and True God.
    Even in Romans 1 speaks how these men KNEW GOD yet denyed him later.   Even Cain HEARD Gods voice.  

So your point issssssss dropped.

2. God is in Nobodys side but his own.  We are Against God.  He came to save us from the slavery of our sins, because He is our King and our God.  Its for His Glory, because He conquers.  

3. “Immanuel” was not the Name of Jesus, though the Angel and prophets said it should have been.  So the point is that “Immanuel” cannot be taken likely as a name but instead of what Jesus represents as “God with us”.

I have through faith thrown your “mountain” into the sea – just like “JEHOVAH is Salvation” said I would be able to do.  :)

Faith without works is Dead Faith.  Therefore the moutains stands on top of you, crushing you.  

The rest of your comments include things like “what does that have to do with this” and “he can't be compared to Jesus” and “why do you belittle Jesus?”.  These are all tell-tale signs that you cannot acutally address my points, and so try to divert away from them.  They require no further time from me.

Actually those are the signs of exposing your diversive tactics, in other words your trying to deviate from the subject.
    moreover, your speaking nonsense as if its any proof at all, and I simply respond to your nonsense as “and? what does it got to do with what we are talking about”

1. You belitte Jesus by stating he is like any other Messiah, when facts prove otherwise.
    2. You try to compare Him to other persons as if its comparable when its not. OBVIO
    3. Your giving me “what if” Scenerios as if it matters? as if someone else called Immanuel actually proves something when it doesnt, why? because Jesus wasnt ever called Immanuel, nor ever used it as a name.  So of course it must mean something else, and the Interpretation is GIVEN.

Your comments actually hypocritally reflect “tell-tale signs that you cannot actually address my points, and so try to divert away from them.”

As always im sure you only going to cherry pick my post and only respond to a piece of it.

What else can i say to you mike? execpt repeating the same thing in different ways…?

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (Istari @ June 19 2011,17:02)
    Tim,
    The Spirit BELONGS to GOD the Father – not Jesus.
    Jesus ASKS for the Holy Spirit and then gives it to all his believers – but it is still the Father's Spirit.

This is analogiesed through Pharoah giving his Signet Ring/SEAL to Joseph – whatever is written or commanded in Pharoah's name and Sealed with the Ring by Joseph is as good as a command or order given by Pharoah himself.

But Joseph never OWNS the Signet Ring/Seal.

This idea is also written in 'Book of Esther'… with a twist…

Istari,

Can you reclarify that even though this is off topic.
    How is it that Jesus is not of the Holy spirit, i must honestly ask?

Wasn't he conceived by the holy spirit?

and when John bapitiized him wasnt the Holy spirit like a dove upon him???

So how is it later, he must ask for something he already has?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ June 20 2011,19:20)

Maybe you didn't realize what I said Mike.

I stated that “Jesus name actually means salvation.

Yes you did.  And I corrected you on your false information, didn't I?  Do you remember what “Jesus” REALLY means?  It means “JEHOVAH is salvation”.  And JEHOVAH really IS salvation.  For GOD so loved the world that GOD gave His only begotten Son as a sacrifice.  See D?  GOD is the One who saved us by GIVING an acceptable sacrifice.  He who GIVES is one, and he who is GIVEN is another.  (Tertullian's common sense rule.)

You need to read the rest of Acts 7, for Stephen was clearly able to see ALL OF JESUS, but only THE GLORY OF GOD.  Why do you suppose that is, D?  First, because no HUMAN EYES can see God and live, and second, because Jesus is NOT God, or Stephen would only have been able to see the glory of Jesus, and not Jesus himself.

John 1:18 doesn't say anything about Jesus SEEING God, but clarifies that NO MAN has SEEN God at ANY TIME.  Why would John even say this if Jesus WAS God, and he knew he had seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched? (1 John 1:1)  See how your doctrine is so easily unraveled?

John 6:46 doesn't say that Jesus ever saw God WITH HIS HUMAN EYES, right?  Jesus said he HAD seen God before, which is obviously an allusion to BEFORE he became flesh, for he AGAIN confirms that no MAN has seen God in this very scripture.

Job 38:1 doesn't say Job SAW God.

Isaiah saw God only in a vision, not with his HUMAN EYES.

So the point is only “dropped” because you have failed to understand yet another clear scriptural teaching – that no man has EVER seen God.

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ June 20 2011,19:20)

So the point is that “Immanuel” cannot be taken likely as a name but instead of what Jesus represents as “God with us”.

No, the point is that “Immanuel” represents that God showed Himself to be “with us” by sending His own beloved Son to die for us.  He who sends is One, and he who is sent is another.

D, just search a bible site for the words “God with us”, and you'll find many scriptures, even in the OT, where the Israelites won a battle or whatever because “God was with us”.

D, I sincerely pray that you are learning from our discussions.

peace,
    mike

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 21 2011,07:09)
    [/quote]

I stated that “Jesus name actually means salvation.

Yes you did.  And I corrected you on your false information, didn't I?  Do you remember what “Jesus” REALLY means?  It means “JEHOVAH is salvation”.  And JEHOVAH really IS salvation.  For GOD so loved the world that GOD gave His only begotten Son as a sacrifice.  See D?  GOD is the One who saved us by GIVING an acceptable sacrifice.  He who GIVES is one, and he who is GIVEN is another.  (Tertullian's common sense rule.)

Maybe you forgot that I believe that Jesus is God so my statement is correct either way.  
    I was emphasising on the Salvation part.
    John 3:16 doesnt say Sacrifice.  But of course you knew that right?  :D
    You just did the same thing I did.

Gives to whom himself???  Who is he Scraficiing for???

maybe this will help you?
    1 John 4:9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

10Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

God is Love remember?

lol you continue with Tertullians common sense when you believe he is a Deluded nut? nice…?

John 1:18 doesn't say anything about Jesus SEEING God, but clarifies that NO MAN has SEEN God at ANY TIME.  Why would John even say this if Jesus WAS God, and he knew he had seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched? (1 John 1:1)  See how your doctrine is so easily unraveled?

1 Timonthy 6:16Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.
    Mike I was stating that as if they were seperate, to show you the fallacy of how if you believe that Jesus is not God, yet he has seen him than indeed a Man as seen God.
    Also in Timonthy we see how Jesus dwells in the light who is God which no man can approach unto, nor can see.
    And its good that your brought up 1John1:1
    It shows how God manifested to us.

John 6:46 doesn't say that Jesus ever saw God WITH HIS HUMAN EYES, right?  Jesus said he HAD seen God before, which is obviously an allusion to BEFORE he became flesh, for he AGAIN confirms that no MAN has seen God in this very scripture.

What?????????? thats not what is stated. IT doesnt state that.
    Here take another look at it from the Net bible.
    6:46 (Not that anyone has seen the Father except the one who is from God – he 69  has seen the Father.)
    What does human eyes have to do with it? lol excusessss

Job 38:1 doesn't say Job SAW God.

Yes it doesnt, but however the scripture is clear that God spoke out of a wirlwind. its obvious someone saw it.
    BTW is the the Wirlwind God?

Isaiah saw God only in a vision, not with his HUMAN EYES.

So the point is only “dropped” because you have failed to understand yet another clear scriptural teaching – that no man has EVER seen God.

Lol you see i can easily just read where you have to make up excuses.  Isaiah clearly states he saw God.

Mike continue to search the bible thinking eternal life is found  there when it is not, because the scriptures speak of Jesus Your Lord and God.

I know you learn nothing from our discussion from the past year.

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

BTW, Jacob Saw God and stated many times that God appeared to Him. :D
    Moses was Face to face with the Lord in the tabernacle no?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ June 20 2011,21:00)

Maybe you forgot that I believe that Jesus is God so my statement is correct either way.  

Then you believe that many men HAVE seen God, and therefore do NOT believe the scriptures.  But I've known for a long time that much of your understanding is NOT based on the scriptures – this is just one clear example of that.

John 3:16 doesnt say Sacrifice.

Oh, then in exactly what way DID God give His Son to save the world?  ???

Mike I was stating that as if they were seperate, to show you the fallacy of how if you believe that Jesus is not God, yet he has seen him than indeed a Man as seen God.

Yes, I know.  And I thought my post explained your misunderstanding clearly enough.  Let me dumb it down for you:

Jesus was NOT a MAN before he was made as a man.  Therefore, the fact that Jesus HAD seen God before does NOT say a MAN saw God, right?  Are you with me so far?  Okay.  Secondly, Jesus is NOT a MAN right now either, so the fact that Jesus NOW can see God does not say that a MAN ever saw God.  Clear enough now?  (Btw, thanks for the 1 Tim scripture – I'll add that one to my list of scriptures that prove Jesus is NOT a MAN anymore.)

What does human eyes have to do with it?

Jesus did not have HUMAN eyes when he saw God, or his words would be a lie.  So because Jesus DOESN'T lie, when he said he HAS SEEN God, he is OBVIOUSLY talking about BEFORE he was a MAN with HUMAN eyes. He didn't say that he has seen God SINCE he became human, right?

Isaiah clearly states he saw God.

D, if this was not a vision, then God's throne is on earth, and He lied when He said no man could see His face and live.  Also, Jesus and the writers of scripture lied.  This is also the case if Jesus truly WAS God.  Is that your contention?  That God, Jesus, and many others LIED to us?

D, our conversations start off simple enough.  But it is never long before you start acting like a little child.  Like if I say, “The sky is blue”, you say, “Is not”.  Then I show a picture, and you say “Uh uh!”  And then I take you outside to see that it's blue and you STILL say, “Is not infinity!”  I'm always half expecting, “I know you are but what am I?”  :)

I don't enjoy these childish and irritating antics of yours.  That's why I almost always bail before too long, because I just can't take the “Is not!” crap any longer.

This is very simple, dude.  GOD said no man can see God.  JESUS said no man ever saw God.  Jesus' APOSTLES said no man has ever seen God.  Are they all LIARS?

If you think they are, then good luck with that approach to letting the scriptures form your understanding.

If you agree that they DIDN'T lie, then you have no choice but to also agree that Jesus is NOT God, for men HAVE seen him.

D, take a good hard ponder about Stephen.  Think HARD about WHY he was able to see Jesus himself, but only the GLORY of God.  Think about how Jesus was not God Himself in that passage, but one who was AT THE RIGHT HAND OF GOD.

I truly DO pray that you are taking some of this in.

peace,
    mike

terraricca
    Participant

Mike

2Co 10:12 We do not dare to classify or compare ourselves with some who commend themselves. When they measure themselves by themselves and compare themselves with themselves, they are not wise

this i think SF is very similar to it,

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ June 20 2011,21:14)
    BTW, Jacob Saw God and stated many times that God appeared to Him.  :D

No D.  Moses speaking to God “face to face” is a metaphor for speaking to God “directly”, as opposed to “through one of His angels”.  It was Moses who God first told, “No man can see my face and live, but I'll let you see the back of my glory as I go by.”  Again, did God LIE to Moses and the rest of us?

And Jacob wrestled with one of God's angels, which were OFTEN referred to as “God” or “YHWH”.

Judges 13
    21 When the angel of the LORD did not show himself again to Manoah and his wife, Manoah realized that it was the angel of the LORD.

22 “We are doomed to die!” he said to his wife. “We have seen God!

See?  Manoah KNEW it was an angel, and not God Himself, yet STILL said “We have seen GOD!”

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ June 20 2011,21:53)
    Mike

2Co 10:12 We do not dare to classify or compare ourselves with some who commend themselves. When they measure themselves by themselves and compare themselves with themselves, they are not wise

Pierre

All I know is that he has the choice to either believe Jesus and God when they say no man can see Him………….or not.

If he chooses truth on this point, then maybe he'll acknowledge that Jesus couldn't possibly BE God, for many men have seen him.

If he makes THAT realization, then he'll maybe understand that Son OF God means exactly that – one who is NOT God, but the Son OF Him. :)

We can only do our best and pray.

peace,
    mike

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ June 20 2011,02:57)

Quote (kerwin @ June 20 2011,13:12)

Quote (terraricca @ June 19 2011,22:22)

Quote (kerwin @ June 20 2011,08:58)

Quote (terraricca @ June 18 2011,23:37)
    Kerwin

Isa 7:13 Then Isaiah said, “Hear now, you house of David! Is it not enough to try the patience of men? Will you try the patience of my God also?
    Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.
    Isa 7:15 He will eat curds and honey when he knows enough to reject the wrong and choose the right.
    Isa 7:16 But before the boy knows enough to reject the wrong and choose the right, the land of the two kings you dread will be laid waste.
    Isa 7:17 The LORD will bring on you and on your people and on the house of your father a time unlike any since Ephraim broke away from Judah

this is the prophecy that Isaiah received from God ,and like many prophecies they are hidden to many but with Christ coming it became more understandable because of his teachings and the written words of the apostles,

you also can see that what Isaiah says is a stand alone prophecy,it is not especially addressed to the king even though he may have thought so at the time,but it would have not made sense to him,

but it did to Christ disciples.

and so it is with Gods who foretold all things before they happen

Pierre

Pierre,

You basically are stating that in that case that the literal meaning in context of Scripture is false.  You should consider that Isaiah states more on the subject of the child and the two kings later in scripture.  Here is where the child who serves as example of Christ is more directly addressed.

Isaiah 8(Young's Literal Translation (YLT))

1And Jehovah saith unto me, `Take to thee a great tablet, and write upon it with a graving tool of man, To haste spoil, enjoy prey.'

2And I cause faithful witnesses to testify to me, Uriah the priest, and Zechariah son of Jeberechiah.

3And I draw near unto the prophetess, and she conceiveth, and beareth a son; and Jehovah saith unto me, `Call his name Maher-shalal-hash-baz,

4for before the youth doth know to cry, My father, and My mother, one taketh away the wealth of Damascus and the spoil of Samaria, before the king of Asshur.'

I agree with you that its second meaning was hidden to many until revealed by the conception and birth of Christ.

Kerwin

IsaiaH book is full of prophesies about Christ almost all of the 40 first Chap, are about Christ if you read it carefully I have done this and maked all the Christ connections in red and my pages are all red,

Pierre

I was attempting to demonstrate that God can teach us more than one lesson with the same words with the application showing what the lesson is.

Isaiah spoke of a principle and that principle applied to Jesus as well as to Maher-shalal-hash-baz.

God uses multiple entendre to reveal his truths.

Kerwin

let scriptures teach you not your imagination

Pierre

Pierre,

It is your immagination that is teaching you if you do not believe scripture mean what God says.  I hope that is not the case and instead you realize that God is quite capable of saying something in such a way to have more than one meaning especially since human beings can and God far exceeds them in ability.

terraricca
    Participant

Kerwin

Pierre,

It is your immagination that is teaching you if you do not believe scripture mean what God says. I hope that is not the case and instead you realize that God is quite capable of saying something in such a way to have more than one meaning especially since human beings can and God far exceeds them in ability.

————–

Your Fellow Student,

ok show a couple examples

Pierre

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

mikeboll64,June wrote:

[/quote]
    Mike,

Then you believe that many men HAVE seen God, and therefore do NOT believe the scriptures.  But I've known for a long time that much of your understanding is NOT based on the scriptures – this is just one clear example of that.

Actually im not telling you what I think, im just simply pointing out scriptures, Which are many that state that Men have Seen God.
    So how do you reconcile with that?

Oh, then in exactly what way DID God give His Son to save the world?  ???

Ehh.. Mike, I was pointing out that the particular passage you posted didnt say “sacrafice” though i knew what you meant.

Jesus was NOT a MAN before he was made as a man.  Therefore, the fact that Jesus HAD seen God before does NOT say a MAN saw God, right?  Are you with me so far?  Okay.

Yes, Mike but its pure speculation to say that Jesus ONLY saw the Father before carnation.   For HE states many times that he is With the Father.

Secondly, Jesus is NOT a MAN right now either, so the fact that Jesus NOW can see God does not say that a MAN ever saw God.  Clear enough now?  (Btw, thanks for the 1 Tim scripture – I'll add that one to my list of scriptures that prove Jesus is NOT a MAN anymore.)

When you state not a Man, do you mean not a physical man here on earth?  Where does it state the Jesus could see God, and than coudnt and now Can see him?
    John 5:19
    Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

Did Jesus see the Father?

Jesus did not have HUMAN eyes when he saw God, or his words would be a lie.  So because Jesus DOESN'T lie, when he said he HAS SEEN God, he is OBVIOUSLY talking about BEFORE he was a MAN with HUMAN eyes.  He didn't say that he has seen God SINCE he became human, right?

Lol Im lovin how your excusing all these verses.
    Why not? why cannot he Not see God as a human?

D, if this was not a vision, then God's throne is on earth, and He lied when He said no man could see His face and live.  Also, Jesus and the writers of scripture lied.  This is also the case if Jesus truly WAS God.  Is that your contention?  That God, Jesus, and many others LIED to us?

Lol No thats not my conclusion, not at all, not even close.  Im trying to see how you reconcile all these verses that State that These people have seen God.  

D, our conversations start off simple enough.  But it is never long before you start acting like a little child.  

You see, the only reason your saying that now is solely because I revealed my age.  Back than, it was never a problem.

Ill tell you the truth though, The Sky ISNT BLUE, Its the rays of the sun reflecting off the Atmosphere of the earth I believe that causes us to see a blue, red, yellow, orange, and all sorts of different colors in the sky.

So “I know you are but What am I?”  :D

However the “is not” crap comes from you Mike, not I.

This is very simple, dude.  GOD said no man can see God.  JESUS said no man ever saw God.  Jesus' APOSTLES said no man has ever seen God.  Are they all LIARS?

Of course not Mike, but than again the here it a legtimate question with a Yes or No answers.

Biblically have People claimed to have seen God? Yes or No?

If you agree that they DIDN'T lie, then you have no choice but to also agree that Jesus is NOT God, for men HAVE seen him.

You see than Why would people claim they have seen God?

D, take a good hard ponder about Stephen.  Think HARD about WHY he was able to see Jesus himself, but only the GLORY of God.  Think about how Jesus was not God Himself in that passage, but one who was AT THE RIGHT HAND OF GOD.

You see! there you go mike Jesus is THE GLORY OF GOD.  He dwellls in that Light that no man can approach.  
    that doesnt make any sense, how can you state that he was in the right hand of something you cannot see?

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ June 21 2011,08:53)
    Mike

Pierre

13But we will not boast of things without our measure, but according to the measure of the rule which God hath distributed to us, a measure to reach even unto you.

what you are lacking pierre,

you need some humility

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 21 2011,08:54)

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ June 20 2011,21:14)
    BTW, Jacob Saw God and stated many times that God appeared to Him.  :D

No D.  Moses speaking to God “face to face” is a metaphor for speaking to God “directly”, as opposed to “through one of His angels”.  It was Moses who God first told, “No man can see my face and live, but I'll let you see the back of my glory as I go by.”  Again, did God LIE to Moses and the rest of us?

And Jacob wrestled with one of God's angels, which were OFTEN referred to as “God” or “YHWH”.

Judges 13
    21 When the angel of the LORD did not show himself again to Manoah and his wife, Manoah realized that it was the angel of the LORD.

22 “We are doomed to die!” he said to his wife. “We have seen God!

See?  Manoah KNEW it was an angel, and not God Himself, yet STILL said “We have seen GOD!”

Take Genesis 35 and how Jacob talked with God.

Yes, and sooooo Moses Saw the “back of God”

isnt that SEEING God?

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 21 2011,05:19)

Quote (Tim Kraft @ June 20 2011,05:04)

Quote (Ed J @ June 20 2011,00:33)

Quote (Tim Kraft @ June 20 2011,00:25)
    Its interesting though, how somone could say God is spirit or God is holy but God is not holy spirit.

Hi Tim,

It's not interesting, it is SAD! (See Acts 5:3-4)

Luke 12:10 And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him:
    but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Spirit (speaketh against the Holy Spirit), it
    shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come. (Mt.12:32)

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus!
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed: Here you go again. Acts 5:3…to lie to the holy spirit and keep back the price of land….What the hell are you talking about?

Is God holy? Is God spirit? but not say God is Holy Spirit? I miss one word and I am satan. Thats foolish Ed. I actually think you knew what I was saying. I will spell it out for you.

Its interesting though, how someone could say God is spirit and God is Holy but not say God is Holy Spirit!!

Wickedness in high places comes quick to choke the word. They came against Jesus, if I am on track they (You) will come against me. Persecution for righteousness sake! Call me what ever you wish. Somebody out there will hear the truth. TK

Hi Tim,

I was agreeing with you.   …why do you feel differently?

God bless
    Ed J
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed: Sometimes I'm just an ignorant yo yo! I am so sorry. I will attempt to be more positive in my perceptions towards other peoples posts. Onece again, I appologize my friend! TK

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Perhaps this: No natural man can see God. Physical eyes cannot see spirit. Seeing is understanding when of the spirit. When you understand a scripture's meaning you say, oh, I see! A natural man cannot see, perceive, or understand the things of God. No natural man has seen God. Just a thought! TK

Tim Kraft
    Participant

The above post is possible light persuant to Mike and SF debate on seeing God! TK

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ June 21 2011,12:38)
    Kerwin

Pierre,

It is your immagination that is teaching you if you do not believe scripture mean what God says.  I hope that is not the case and instead you realize that God is quite capable of saying something in such a way to have more than one meaning especially since human beings can and God far exceeds them in ability.

————–

Your Fellow Student,

Pierre

Pierre,

If you believed then you would see them for yourself for it is written “The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.  He will be eating curds and honey when he knows enough to reject the wrong and choose the right, for before the boy knows enough to reject the wrong and choose the right, the land of the two kings you dread will be laid waste.”  So you either believe God meant what those words or you do not.  If you choose not to I cannot make you.  If you choose to believe then you realize God was speaking of a child being conceived as a sign of the doom of two lands being laid to waste.

At the same time you also realize it also speaks of Jesus' conception being a sign of the revealing of the gospel of the kingdom of heaven.

If you have the NIV you will see that the Hebrew word translated “virgin” can also be translated “young woman.  God chose to use that word instead of an existing one that only means virgin.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ June 22 2011,16:27)

Quote (terraricca @ June 21 2011,12:38)
    Kerwin

Pierre,

————–

Your Fellow Student,

Pierre

Pierre,

If you believed then you would see them for yourself for it is written “The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.  He will be eating curds and honey when he knows enough to reject the wrong and choose the right, for before the boy knows enough to reject the wrong and choose the right, the land of the two kings you dread will be laid waste.”  So you either believe God meant what those words or you do not.  If you choose not to I cannot make you.  If you choose to believe then you realize God was speaking of a child being conceived as a sign of the doom of two lands being laid to waste.

At the same time you also realize it also speaks of Jesus' conception being a sign of the revealing of the gospel of the kingdom of heaven.

If you have the NIV you will see that the Hebrew word translated “virgin” can also be translated “young woman.  God chose to use that word instead of an existing one that only means virgin.

kerwin

this is a prophecy ,so i agree with you,this is LXX version

6 For a child is born to us, and a son is given to us, whose government is upon his shoulder: and his name is called the Messenger of great counsel: for I will bring peace upon the princes, and health to him. 7 His government shall be great, and of his peace there is no end: it shall be upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to establish it, and to support it with judgment and with righteousness, from henceforth and forever. The seal of the Lord of hosts shall perform this.

8 The Lord has sent death upon Jacob, and it has come upon Israel. 9 And all the people of Ephraim, and they that dwelt in Samaria shall know, who say in their pride and lofty heart, 10 The bricks are fallen down, but come, let us hew stones, and cut down sycamores and cedars, and let us build for ourselves a tower. 11 And God shall dash down them that rise up against him on mount Sion, and shall scatter his enemies; 12 even Syria from the rising of the sun, and the Greeks from the setting of the sun, who devour Israel with open mouth. For all this his anger is not turned away, but still his hand is exalted.

13 But the people turned not until they were smitten, and they sought not the Lord. 14 So the Lord took away from Israel the head and tail, great and small, in one day: 15 the old man, and them that respect persons, this is the head; and the prophet teaching unlawful things, he is the tail. 16 And they that pronounce this people blessed shall mislead them; and they mislead them that they may devour them. 17 Therefore the Lord shall not take pleasure in their young men, neither shall he have pity on their orphans or on their widows: for they are all transgressors and wicked, and every mouth speaks unjustly. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is yet exalted.

18 And iniquity shall burn as fire, and shall be devoured by fire as dry grass: and it shall burn in the thickets of the wood, and shall devour all that is round about the hills. 19 The whole earth is set on fire because of the fierce anger of the Lord, and the people shall be as men burnt by fire: no man shall pity his brother. 20 But one shall turn aside to the right hand, for he shall be hungry; and shall eat on the left, and a man shall by no means be satisfied with eating the flesh of his own arm. 21 For Manasses shall eat the flesh of Ephraim, and Ephraim the flesh of Manasses; for they shall besiege Juda together. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is yet exalted.

Pierre

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 368 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account