Emmanuel

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 368 total)
  • Author
    Tim Kraft
    Participant

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ June 01 2011,11:38)
    Hi Tim Kraft,

I also have alot to say but im short on time, and either way my explainations would be long and wordy so if you dont mind, ill make some short responses and refer some articles that answer your doubts and than you tell me what you think? Is that cool?

1. Sovereign http://www.thepathoftruth.com/teachin….god.htm
    God does everything to glorify himself for our sake.   Its all for his Glory.  Thats what the book of Romans talks about.  And God word comes from God, so whatever he does, is beyond our comprehension, as scripture also states that “his thoughts are higher than ours”  “his weakness is greater than our strength”

God is not in charge of the earth. Man is! Thats why it is in the mess that it is in. God didn't create all the evil, death, and destruction. Mankind had the power to create what he chose to create and still has the same power. Darkness is a covering or blocking  of light/truth. Its temporary not eternal. It is a creation of man which is an illusion of truth that is believed by man or it already was and man/Adam accepted it.

2. Freewill-http:1. http=://www.thepathoftruth.com/falsehoodexposed/freewill/whosewillisfree.htm
    2. http://www.thepathoftruth.com/falseho….ill.htm
    According to scripture Isaiah 45:7
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

God did create evil.  http://www.thepathoftruth.com/teachings/purposeevil.htm

And also how can you believe in “freewill” and yet you dont believe in “sin”?  Freewill isnt found in scriptures so why do you believe in it?  its something someone has taught you Tim, not that its scriptureal, at all.  

3. Also its imperative that you understand that Man has no power without God.   All authority comes from above as Jesus said himself.  

Also look at what Kieth wrote in his post above,  all things are in the hands of WHO? Jesus, and THROUGH him we receiev redemption.

My friend the law was created to expose Sin, without the law there is no such thing as Sin.  The Law made NOTHING perfect but exposed our IMPERFECTION and need of a Savior, Which God did send, not to free the minds of the people but to liberate them from the living hell here and now.

Jesus didnt just preach, he LIVED and DIED and RESSURECTED to save us, not for a religious idea of “sin”.

I feel like you belitttle the gospel when you speak of sin as simply a belief, when there is so much more.  

Its like you heard of pie, but you havent tasted it yet.
    I think if you continue you will be closer to what you search for.

IF anything, you can ignore my quick response, and disorganized speech and at least read the links.

SF: You have me somewhat confused in your mind.

Freewill: Without even looking up a word or making any opinion I think we can agree that notwithstanding any punishment, anyone, that can choose to do anything, at any time, for any reason, however good or bad that he desires, has freewill of individual choice!

The God that Jesus revealed, LOVE, does not seek for iteslf. God is love.

Sovereign: God is sovereign yet bound by his words. Like we are somewhat free in America yet if we “contract” with anyone on anything then we are bound by that contracts terms and conditions. If you read Gen. God gave mankind the earth and all its fullness. God cannot move on behalf of the earth realm without man asking him to.

If you believe God is “whole life” there can be no death in life. Then God did not create evil/death. God is also light and in him there is no darkness at all! If you believe in th tree of life you must release any faith in death. One who believes in the tree of life does not believe in good and evil.

I never said I don't believe in sin! I said sin is a mistaken belief by man that anything he does or doesn't do could separate him from God. Sin is an “error” of belief. Separation from God/spirit could only be in the mind. A thinking error.

God is everywhere. There can be no separation except by mind/wrong thinking. Not an action. We are not being graded by actions that take us away from God or move us closer. Jesus did not die to take away our “wrong actions”! Jesus gave us the truth/light that corrected the error of thinking and cast out the darkness. Thats the two-edged truth.

The law was given “because” of sin. It was a guidline unto the coming of Jesus/Christ. It is fulfilled, completed, finished!

Purification now comes by faith in the words from God through Jesus. His words cleanse and make whole the believer. If you believe, you are saved from wrong thinking/sin! The truth corrects the error. Do the words of God through Jesus save you/us? Yes by faith not works or deeds.

All God is was put into Jesus and he was raised above all else. When you hear or see/understand Jesus you have seen/understood God. They are ONE. We can become ONE with them. If we consume the spirit/words of God they are the seeds of the Kingdom within each human. The water of the word will create growth unto heaven on earth.

Jesus did not die. We are from eternal life source. Eternal life never ceases to exist. When Jesus gave up the ghost he let go of his physical body for a time and then received it back temporarily for proof to the disciples. Eternal life never dies. There is no death/evil/destruction/sickness/sin in eternal life.

Jesus came to earth filled with the words of God to “ressurect” those in sin and death. Jesus/words from God are the resurection from death to life. Those in sin/error of thinking are ressurected to new sin-free, righteous life in Christ. Life overcoming death. Baptism unto death of the old covenant and ressurection to the new life free of sin!

The Gospel is my life. I eat continually. I have what I have searched for. I have Gods truth for me. I agree it may not be what everyone else sees but it is glorious truth to me. IMO, TK

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ June 02 2011,00:56)

And where does it say “is” with us? I dont see that word there orginally in the greek texts espeacily when the interpretation of the name is already given.

The HEBREW word (not Greek) could be translated as “God with us” or “God IS with us”.  And the Greek interpretation, as given in Matthew 1:23 could equally be translated as “God IS with us”.  Ask Keith, he'll set you straight on this fact.  It is similar with “Jehovah our Righteousness”, as Jesus is also called.  This could also be faithfully translated as “Jehovah IS our Righteousness”.  But before you start thinking this is another reference to Jesus being God, consider that the nation of Israel is called by the same exact name, and they were not God.

In conclusion, don't make more out of this than what is scripturally there, okay?  God is the one who SENT Immanuel into the earth, and therefore someone different than Immanuel.  The One who sends is different than the one who is sent, D.

Well mike I of course know what Right hand means

Good, then you should have known that in the very scripture YOU quoted, God is the One whose right hand Jesus is at.  And knowing this, you shouldn't have had to ask the question you did.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Tim Kraft @ June 02 2011,04:17)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 02 2011,14:39)

Quote (Tim Kraft @ June 01 2011,03:39)
    I truly don't know why there is an attempt to divide Jesus from God.

Hi Tim,

Is it not clear to you that Jesus and God are two separate individuals?

Hey Mike: This is a very deep subject. I see the term “God” as absolute, all-inclusive life source, who's esscence of life and love is moving forward into ever-creation of assorted life forms.

So then your actual point is, “Keith, I truly don't know why there is an attempt to divide Jesus ANYTHING AT ALL from God.”

You think YOU are God and I am God and the everything everywhere IS God.  I disagree wholeheartedly.

peace and love to you Tim,
    mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ June 03 2011,02:20)
    This is what I found out.

Transliterated word: archēgos

1) the chief leader, prince
       a. of Christ

2) one that takes the lead in any thing and thus affords an example, a predecessor in a matter, pioneer

3) the author

So I do see Jesus as the predecessor and perfector of the one true faith.

That was not your primary point.  Your origional question is what role did God serve.  God is the one who sent the pioneer on his course.  That is why Jesus teaches that he was sent from God.

Very good, Kerwin.  So the next time D wants to ask, “Well, if Jesus is this, then who is God?”, we'll just keep pointing out to him that God is the One who SENT Jesus to be this in the first place.  :)

barley
    Participant

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ May 26 2011,17:40)
    Hi All,

I have been wanting to discuss this for the longest time, and havent had the chance to bring it up.
    According to scriptures,
    Matthew 1:21
    And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Matthew 1:23
    Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Exodus 29:45
    And I will dwell among the children of Israel, and will be their God.

Jesus other alias “Emmanuel” means “God with us”.
    And I believe that “Jesus” means “The Lord is Salvation”

Do you realize that God makes many and many promises of Dwelling with us to be OUR GOD and being our one and only Savior?

Emmanuel I believe proves that Jesus is “God with us” which scripture itself interpreted the meaning of the name.
    Its so clear and direct, and whats even better that the interpretation of the name is already given.

What say you?

my name means, “I am right and you are wrong.”

therefore “I am right and you are wrong”

How does that fly?

barley

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (barley @ June 05 2011,08:54)

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ May 26 2011,17:40)
    Hi All,

I have been wanting to discuss this for the longest time, and havent had the chance to bring it up.
    According to scriptures,
    Matthew 1:21
    And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Matthew 1:23
    Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Exodus 29:45
    And I will dwell among the children of Israel, and will be their God.

Jesus other alias “Emmanuel” means “God with us”.
    And I believe that “Jesus” means “The Lord is Salvation”

Do you realize that God makes many and many promises of Dwelling with us to be OUR GOD and being our one and only Savior?

Emmanuel I believe proves that Jesus is “God with us” which scripture itself interpreted the meaning of the name.
    Its so clear and direct, and whats even better that the interpretation of the name is already given.

What say you?

my name means, “I am right and you are wrong.”

therefore “I am right and you are wrong”

How does that fly?

barley

Hi Barly,

I see we have another poster who has a silver tongue

There are several problems with your example:
    1. What name means “im right and you are wrong”?
    2. My Premise is consist more than just the definition of the name, obviously you didnt pay enough attention or maybe your just ignorant.
    3. The Interpretation of the name came from God, which is important.
    4. Your definition of a name “I am right and you are wrong” doesnt fly, because they are written words in cyber space that dont have the possibility of flying.

In conclusion, you can either take this more seriously or just continue making your self look like a joke :D

Iz tha CoOl Yo?

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 05 2011,07:02)

Hi Tim,

Hey Mike: This is a very deep subject. I see the term “God” as absolute, all-inclusive life source, who's esscence of life and love is moving forward into ever-creation of assorted life forms.

So then your actual point is, “Keith, I truly don't know why there is an attempt to divide Jesus ANYTHING AT ALL from God.”

You think YOU are God and I am God and the everything everywhere IS God.  I disagree wholeheartedly.

mike

Mike: I was wondering if you would expound on a couple of questions of mine pertaining to

you think you are God and I am God and everything everywhere is God.

I am not God, but I am what God says I am! And so are you and everyone. We can deny that a not true, but when God says it, it is the truth.

When you read a parable like Jesus gave us where he is the vine and we are the branches, could you tell me how a branch that is connected to a tree and living off the food and life force of that tree could be separate from that tree, and live?

Jesus also said (John15th.chap.) that if we abide in him and his words abide in us ye shall ask(place a demand) of what ye will and it shall be done unto you. Sounds like we have a power that works either way, for our good or for our destruction. It depends on your thoughts,intentions,contemplations and words.

By your words you are justified and by your (destructive) words you are condemned. As you judge, you will be judged!

Phillip said show us the father, and Jesus answered, Have I been with you so long and yet thou hast not known me? He that hath seen me hath seen the father.

Jesus prayed to the Father that we would be “one” in the same way as God and Jesus are “ONE” Do you think God answered that prayer? If so then if we abide in the words of Jesus and Jesus words abide in us, then we are “ONE” together.

I would clairify for you that we are in God because there is no outside of God. Is God everywhere there is life? If not where is God not? We breathe the breath of God/spirit/phemua/air/life.
    God only seems to come and go through mental excersizes. At one moment believing and in another not believing.

Unbelief is a sin/error. Unbelief is powerless darkness that cannot overcome light, it can only block it. Un-belief feels bad and faith feels good. God is good, faith is a good idea!

The words of God through Jesus create who we are and that in truth is “ONE” with God.

Just some thoughts to ponder. God bless you in all you do! These are my opinions. TK

kerwin
    Participant

Dennison,

God lives in those that believe through the Spirit. They receive and live by the Spirit through obeying all of Jesus' teachings.

That is why Jesus in named Jesus and given the title Emanuel.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Tim Kraft @ June 05 2011,05:19)
    When you read a parable like Jesus gave us where he is the vine and we are the branches, could you tell me how a branch that is connected to a tree and living off the food and life force of that tree could be separate from that tree, and live?

Hi Tim,

It seems you assume that there exists only one vine in all of creation, and every living thing is connected to that vine.

I don't make that assumption because I can look outside my window and see many different vines and palm trees and insects and birds all living independently of each other.

God is our source, we are not a part of the Being of God, or the Entity of God.  He has in His wisdom created us as independent beings.  It's true that we are only animated due to spirit from God on loan – spirit that goes back to Him when we die.  But we are not “God Himself”.  

So we must be smart enough to distinguish that we are individual beings that God created, and not God Himself.  If we are smart enough to figure that out, then why wouldn't we also be smart enough to know that Jesus is also an independent being who owes his existence to God, is animated by God's spirit, but is NOT God Himself?

This is the point in question, I believe.  Keith believes that Jesus is the God who created him, and I don't.  Your comment seemed to me like you agreed with his Trinitarian thoughts, which is why I answered you the way I did.

peace to you,
    mike

terraricca
    Participant

Marty

Jesus came to earth filled with the words of God to “ressurect” those in sin and death. Jesus/words from God are the resurection from death to life. Those in sin/error of thinking are ressurected to new sin-free, righteous life in Christ. Life overcoming death. Baptism unto death of the old covenant and ressurection to the new life free of sin!

let see if what scriptures says is the same than you;
    first Christ came to fulfill the word of God and so accomplish the law ;because the law says the man that live by the law will not die;this Jesus did and so received live trough that law set by God his father;but that live he gain he give it up ,so that he may save others who are under that law and so remove the law trough his dead.

but like men have been created free so Christ removed the law by his dead but this was his work,then the good news was that because the law was removed he told us the words and actions that we can take to be saved and receive everlasting live

and those words where to worship God in spirit and learn to live in the spirit with spirit fruits and share all things with your fellow men so that they also can believe and receive live,and so on until the end of this age.

and it is in this way that we may say that the words Jesus spook were words of live or living words.

but if we do not listen to those words and so show no faith in those words then how can we benefit from it ,WE CANNOT benefit from it

remember the parable of the servants that each receive money according to their ability,the master comes back and see what happen,with the one who give back the dinar he received,

the dinar (s) represent your live and so God/Christ watch what we are doing with it wile he is away.and on those base we will be judged

so Marty nothing is never a freebie but to the right in heart it is welcome it taste like sweets

Pierre

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Pierre: Your post was excellent. So was Marty's quote. Very good.

One question Pierre. If a person hears about Jesus, and says a prayer of thanksgiving and acceptance of Gods words to receive his forgiveness, purification, oneness, total salvation etc., from God by faith/believing in his heart/mind then are these things so? If so, then he was just judged and justified by God unto total perfection by the words of Jesus. When is the judgment? Its already happened to those who believe in Jesus. You were lost but now found. You were in sin/wrong thinking believing you were separated from God. Now you are cleansed, made whole, justified, and made perfect unto God through his judgment by Jesus.

When one accepts what God has done through Jesus as his personal truth, he has been judged eternally through Christ. There is no further judgement unless we lay a condemnation on another. If you condemn another as separate from God then that same judgment is unto yourself, not the other person. We come to God by faith! Apart from good works. We can only fall away by unbelief. IMO, TK

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 05 2011,07:02)

Hi Tim,

mike

Hey Mike: Where is God? In your opinion! In the begining was God. Nothing but God, do we agree? We know God is spirit of life but where is he. We know he is the air we breathe. He is ONE source is he not? When God formed words to release he took from himself (spirit) to form words/spirit to create a seed/Yeshua. If God is ONE and all that was is he/him then everything that exists is in God. There are no boundaries for God/life/source.

God is everywhere. So there is ONE God, ONE Spirit! Many dimensions, aspects, facets, pieces, manifestations but God is all energy/all powerful all inclusive spirit/life.

There are many creations in God/of God, universes, planets, life source, vibrating, moving forward, creating more of life in differing forms. All still in God for there is no outside of God that is alive. Outer darkness is pain and suffering, lack of life.

All life forms are in God and from God, there is no other source of life. There are billions of differing aspects of life, different bodies, different expressions, different manifestations of unlimited life forms that will expand forever in God.

Humans were set apart. The earth and humans were a universe still in God but created to seem apart from God by illusion. One cannot experience himself. There needs be two. God created Man just like him in mind. Man has to lose his God/self to be born into the earth.

As a baby he has no former knowledge of any sort. He recreates his mind from the physical world through choices of expression and feeling. God, his life source rides as a co-pilot with man in control. Now God can experience all aspects of himself as though he was apart from himself.

The reason that a man must loose his awareness of his Godself is to be able to experience all aspect of God from the outside. Or at least the illusion of being on the outside.

Man will take part in the circle of life for as many lifetimes as it takes for him to find his way back to union with God. When he finds the true way back to God he will just transform/transfigure himself like Jesus did on the mountain talking with Moses and Elijah and energize his physical body, cell structure to the speed of light and be home in God.

These are my thought and beliefs always subject to higher truth and learning. IMO, TK

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi Tim,

I don't agree that God is everywhere, or in everything, or that everything is in Him.  God created things that are separate beings from Him.  God is in heaven, while His creations are everywhere.

Btw, what in your opinion, is holding you back from transfiguring?

mike

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Tim Kraft @ June 07 2011,05:07)

One question Pierre. If a person hears about Jesus, and says a prayer of thanksgiving and acceptance of Gods words to receive his forgiveness, purification, oneness, total salvation etc., from God by faith/believing in his heart/mind then are these things so? If so, then he was just judged and justified by God unto total perfection by the words of Jesus. When is the judgment? Its already happened to those who believe in Jesus. You were lost but now found. You were in sin/wrong thinking believing you were separated from God. Now you are cleansed, made whole, justified, and made perfect unto God through his judgment by Jesus.

When one accepts what God has done through Jesus as his personal truth, he has been judged eternally through Christ. There is no further judgement unless we lay a condemnation on another. If you condemn another as separate from God then that same judgment is unto yourself, not the other person. We come to God by faith! Apart from good works. We can only fall away by unbelief. IMO, TK

TK

this is a long question;right?

If a person hears about Jesus, and says a prayer of thanksgiving and acceptance of Gods words to receive his forgiveness, purification, oneness, total salvation etc., from God by faith/believing in his heart/mind then are these things so? If so, then he was just judged and justified by God unto total perfection by the words of Jesus. When is the judgment? Its already happened to those who believe in Jesus. You were lost but now found. You were in sin/wrong thinking believing you were separated from God. Now you are cleansed, made whole, justified, and made perfect unto God through his judgment by Jesus.

could you tell me how one person can do all of that in one prayer?

Pierre

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ June 03 2011,13:20)
    That was not your primary point.  Your original question is what role did God serve.  God is the one who sent the pioneer on his course.  That is why Jesus teaches that he was sent from God.

edited to correct spelling.

Hi Kerwin,
    My Orginal point is that with the understanding from Hebrews that Jesus is the Author (as in “orginator” ) than what role did God serve If he is a seperate person.

Thats the question im posing.

Since I believe that Jesus and God are one and the same, I see it as the example I gave to Mike about Tertullian, that Its Peice of the same pie.

He is the Orgin of Salvation, and the Perfector of it.

He teaches he is From Above and not of this world, and the world whom he created knew him not.

Just sayin.

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Hi Tim Kraft

SF: You have me somewhat confused in your mind.

I do find you a bit confusing.  You state alot of beliefs that are not scriptural, and soapbox about your beliefs.

Freewill: Without even looking up a word or making any opinion I think we can agree that notwithstanding any punishment, anyone, that can choose to do anything, at any time, for any reason, however good or bad that he desires, has freewill of individual choice!

Not really, I cant just choose to fly, I cant do anything I want.  Im bounded by a set amount of choices that i could make.  Im limited.  There isnt a “freewill” as in, you can do anything, I like how Gene described we have a set permissable choices from God of what we can do.

Also, lets get into scripture about it.  Look at Jonah, he Said NO to God and God MADE HIM to his Will.  God HARDENS Pharaohs hearts! Raises NATIONS to attack Israel!
    God does all these things.

Look at Paul, what choice did he have BUT to change?

The God that Jesus revealed, LOVE, does not seek for iteslf. God is love.

Just Because God is Love doesnt mean he doesnt Hate and Get Angrey and does things for himself, In reality Gods speaks of the things he does for his own Glory, and for his own sake.
    For example he says he will forget your sins for his own sake.

I mean come on dude?

Sovereign: God is sovereign yet bound by his words. Like we are somewhat free in America yet if we “contract” with anyone on anything then we are bound by that contracts terms and conditions. If you read Gen. God gave mankind the earth and all its fullness. God cannot move on behalf of the earth realm without man asking him to.

Lol, thats not true, God told a Fish to eat up Jonah? and there are many examples of God interevening just because He willed too.  For example God spoke to Abraham and told him to go to some distant place.  
    Man has NO AUTHORITY over God. Thats ridculous.

If you believe God is “whole life” there can be no death in life. Then God did not create evil/death. God is also light and in him there is no darkness at all! If you believe in th tree of life you must release any faith in death. One who believes in the tree of life does not believe in good and evil.

… this is where i dont get you… its like you came up with your own type of Christianity.
    what do you mean by “whole life” I mean what is that? lol
    God DID CREATE EVIL and DARKNESS, The scripture says so, so dont complain to me, ask God about why he did that.

Do you realize that while you believe that God created the Tree of Life, your contradicting yourself by stating that you dont believe he created evil when God did create the Tree of GOOD AND EVIL??????????????
    This is simply a fact.  

I never said I don't believe in sin! I said sin is a mistaken belief by man that anything he does or doesn't do could separate him from God. Sin is an “error” of belief. Separation from God/spirit could only be in the mind. A thinking error.

… Tim Kraft i realized what the problem is here, we have a communication problem.  The way you state things make it complicated for others such as myself to understand what you believe.
    Its True, God draws ALL Men in thier due time, and that God saved All men.  Yet the seperation you speak of does exist as its either you know him or you dont.  Thats the seperation.
    The Bible makes it clear, your either of him, or your not, you either know him, or you dont.  

There are those who Know him, and there are those He knows not.  Its as simple as that.

God is everywhere. There can be no separation except by mind/wrong thinking. Not an action. We are not being graded by actions that take us away from God or move us closer. Jesus did not die to take away our “wrong actions”! Jesus gave us the truth/light that corrected the error of thinking and cast out the darkness. Thats the two-edged truth.

what you just said, just doesnt make any sense.  Its your wording… I think you need to rewrite this.
    God is Omnipresent, actually even in your Sin, God can see you. Psalms 139- where “the light and darkness is the same for thee”
    Jesus Died to Reconcile all things to God through his sacrafical death.    Its more than thinking Tim, its our imperfect state.

The law was given “because” of sin. It was a guidline unto the coming of Jesus/Christ. It is fulfilled, completed, finished!

No, the Law was given to give order and EXPOSE sin.  “The law made nothing perfect”
    Just becuase its completed in Jesus christ doesnt mean its “done away with” Jesus said himself he did not come to abolish the law but to fullfill the law.
    In other words so that we may live this new life according to this law naturally.

Purification now comes by faith in the words from God through Jesus. His words cleanse and make whole the believer. If you believe, you are saved from wrong thinking/sin! The truth corrects the error. Do the words of God through Jesus save you/us? Yes by faith not works or deeds.

Faith without works is Dead faith.   You shall know them by thier fruits.
    You cant just believe you are saved, its something that has to HAPPEN to you.  Its a condition, not a belief.
    Your condition is that your human, whether you believe it or not, your human.

If we consume the spirit/words of God they are the seeds of the Kingdom within each human. The water of the word will create growth unto heaven on earth.

More soapbox Tim….?

I bel
    ieve that there is a more perfect way than what you present in your case.  

You have some truths, but your belitteling them.  
    i hope you understand what i Mean by that.

as in there is MORE to it than what you think.

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 05 2011,00:56)

And where does it say “is” with us? I dont see that word there orginally in the greek texts espeacily when the interpretation of the name is already given.

The HEBREW word (not Greek) could be translated as “God with us” or “God IS with us”.  And the Greek interpretation, as given in Matthew 1:23 could equally be translated as “God IS with us”.  Ask Keith, he'll set you straight on this fact.  It is similar with “Jehovah our Righteousness”, as Jesus is also called.  This could also be faithfully translated as “Jehovah IS our Righteousness”.  But before you start thinking this is another reference to Jesus being God, consider that the nation of Israel is called by the same exact name, and they were not God.

In conclusion, don't make more out of this than what is scripturally there, okay?  God is the one who SENT Immanuel into the earth, and therefore someone different than Immanuel.  The One who sends is different than the one who is sent, D.

Well mike I of course know what Right hand means

Good, then you should have known that in the very scripture YOU quoted, God is the One whose right hand Jesus is at.  And knowing this, you shouldn't have had to ask the question you did.

The Nation of Israel is NAMED AFTER what it is.
    Its stilll called by that name today, in the same way when Jesus was born he was Called Jesus until this very day.

But Jesus is not called Immanuel but only ONCE in scripture.

So My question still stands, what was the POINT in your opinion of why Jesus was called by that name if it is not for the purpose to state that he is “God with us”.

That my Premise, that you been ignoring.

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 07 2011,11:56)
    Hi Tim,

I don't agree that God is everywhere, or in everything, or that everything is in Him.  God created things that are separate beings from Him.  God is in heaven, while His creations are everywhere.

Btw, what in your opinion, is holding you back from transfiguring?

mike

Mike: Thanks for the query! I will attempt to answer yours so please answer mine or at least give your opinion. Where can you go that God is not there to hear you pray? If God has made his abode within you then God is wherever you are or anyone else. God is spirit, heaven is spirit, pnemua or air is spirit everything alive and unseen is spirit. All spirit vibrates a signatory expression. Words are spirit. They are certain thoughts that attract other thoughts so as to be drawn together in groups of like frequency. Low frequency is slow vibrations nearer to death. High frequencies are unto light and God. Bliss is a high frequency feeling, depression is a low frequency vibration. You can feel the words you think even before you say them. If you think on good, happy, positive, God thoughts you feel good. If you contemplate evil, destruction, frustration, stress, pain and suffering you will feel their frequencies. Jesus said much about the words you speak. Look for it. Sorry I got lost in quantum theory. Look up quantum and see if you find a parallel!

…what in your opinion, is holding you back from transfiguring?

Jesus constantly said “only believe”. Each miracle was, “by your faith” or “according to your faith”. Peter walked on water, at least for a while, until he thought about what he was actually doing and began to sink. All the great healings were done exactly according to the faith of the person asking.

Jesus could not just walk up and heal a person in fact in his home town he could not do many power works because of their unbelief. To believe one must have no unbelief. To shorten this answer if you were able to strip out of your mind every thought of failure, unable, impossible, can't be done,

physics won't allow that, and so on or if one can completely overlay the negative mind thoughts with, ….I can do all things through Christ (the annointing) that dwells in me…then you too could walk across the lake.

All elements are subject to God/Jesus showed us that. We are to go in his place/in-stead/in his authority(name) and work the works of God/power. That is what we are supposed to be doing.

Its a bit easier when you are aware that it is not you that doeth the works its the father in you, he doeth the works or they don't get done!

Thanks for the opportunity to express my opinions, TK

kerwin
    Participant

Dennison,

The English word “author” is translated from the Common Greek word “archēgos” and “archēgos” and to the point I point I understand Strong's definitions it does not mean “origionator”.  I posted all the possible meanings in one of my prior posts.  One of those meanings is basically a leader that leads by example.

Jesus is our leader by example in the faith as well as the one who perfects us in the faith if we choose to follow him.  God is the one who appointed Jesus as the leader of those who receive the Spirit and the one who empowers him to perfect our faith through the Spirit.  It is perfected when a person becomes fully mature in our example who is Jesus the Anointed.

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ June 07 2011,12:05)

Quote (Tim Kraft @ June 07 2011,05:07)

TK

this is a long question;right?

If a person hears about Jesus, and says a prayer of thanksgiving and acceptance of Gods words to receive his forgiveness, purification, oneness, total salvation etc., from God by faith/believing in his heart/mind then are these things so? If so, then he was just judged and justified by God unto total perfection by the words of Jesus. When is the judgment? Its already happened to those who believe in Jesus. You were lost but now found. You were in sin/wrong thinking believing you were separated from God. Now you are cleansed, made whole, justified, and made perfect unto God through his judgment by Jesus.

could you tell me how one person can do all of that in one prayer?

Pierre

Pierre: The connection between God and Man is in the mind/heart and it is in the “twinkling of an eye”, instantaneously completed. Has anyone ever shown you something you just couldn't understand before and all of a sudden you say, oh, I SEE! Gods truth for us is not what we have to do it is what we are. Its what we have been made through Jesus. Its instant, AWARENESS!

If one comes to God believing he is a sinner in need of cleansing and God says, look, Jesus came and paid your way into the kingdom of God in total perfection. If you believe then instantly you are clean and perfect.

Its not based on works or deeds or actions at all. Forget them.

Don't be religious about God's plan. Its done, accept the truth and be thankful for your perfection. Love God/Jesus for their gift of perfection. But for their sake, live your life as you desire. They bought your ticket. You don't have to do or change anything. Use the love that came with your freedom and share with all others and have no condemnation to others. Now you are free. Don't chain yourself up again after Jesus set you free. IMO, TK

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 368 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account