Elohim is plural

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 442 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    So your god has eight spirits with 7 in front of His throne?
    The Spirit of our God is one. I thought you said you UNDERSTAND scripture.

If you so do you offer your intellectual stuff instead?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (david @ Aug. 30 2009,08:50)
    Does the Bible not say he was raised a spirit?  A spirit can take on human form, can it not?  Did not angels do this in the Hebrew scriptures?

So resurrection is really not resurrection but recreation?

And those who have been dead for a thousand years?  What of them Nick?  You know Nick, you, are not actually “you” of a few years ago.  Is God going to collect all the atoms that are all over the earth of a single person and re-unite them?  Can't he just go off the DNA?

Hi david,
    No I know of no scripture that says that.
    1Peter 3 says he was MADE ALIVE IN THE SPIRIT which is entirely different.
    The faithful Spirit of God never leaves or forsakes us as also it never left him after his own spirit had gone.

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Aug. 31 2009,03:48)
    To all,

I believe a person is their soul, spirit, who lives in the tent of their body.  This scripture seems to support that belief.

2 Peter 1:13(KJV) reads:

Yea, I think it meet, as long as I am in this tabernacle, to stir you up by putting you in remembrance;

and

2 Peter 1:13(NIV) reads:

I think it is right to refresh your memory as long as I live in the tent of this body,

A ghost would be a spirit, soul without their tent.

Jesus appears to have had a new imperishable tent for his soul when he was resurrected from the grave since it did not perish despite the wounds it bore.

I agree with that we are a Soul, and not that we have a Soul. What we have is a Spirit. And at Baptism we receive God's Holy Spirit. Now we can understand the things of God.
    It is somewhat confusing, but wants you do understand, it is no big deal.
    Peace and Love Irene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Irene,
    Yes in scripture spirit can mean several things.

The life spark[Jas2.26, Ecc12}
    Angels[Heb1, Rev4]
    Demons
    What men call Ghosts.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 31 2009,06:57)
    G,

Nick………Let see if you are capable of understanding this. There are seven Spirits of (ONE) GOD , And these seven spirits are controlled by (ONE LORD) WHO SITS ON THE THRONE, YOUR problem is you are confusing the ONE LORD, with the word GOD (His seven Spirits). Notice if you can, “HEAR O ISREAL THE (LORD) OUR (GOD) IS ONE LORD. The ONE LORD is made up of SEVEN SPIRITS, and these are His creative forces or powers that go out into all the earth That is why He is in all things that have life, because he give the life to it by his spirits. Spirit is (NOT) the being it is what animates a being giving it life. It gives a creature its ability to live and to think. It is the intelligence in the creature causing it to be animated, Organic material has life in it, without life in it it becomes or is inorganic, like the dust man was made from and returns to. But a SOUL consists of both a body and SPIRIT. And if the body is not resurected or recreated it simply parishes. That is why Jesus said fear him who can destory (BOTH) body and SOUL in the GRAVE, because you can't have one with our the other and be a living soul. IMO

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    So iuf you are right there will be other scriptures saying God is seven spirits.[2Cor13.1]
    Can you find them?

Amoebae have life.
    Do amoebae think?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….There are other scriptures that speak of the Seven Spirits of GOD, and as far as the Amoeba go, there life force is indeed a genetic code which shows intelligence. AS any scientist would tell you. GOD lives (IN) and through His creation. HE is It's life HIMSELF. The hidden thing of GOD can bee seen by what he has created. Yes intellect works in all of GOD'S creation, You just have to be smart enough to see it Nick. Rev 1:4…> Grace to you and peace, from him who is and who was, and who is to come, from the seven spirits before (in the face of) his throne. Notice it says (AND) from the seven Spirits ,  from the seven Spirits , because they are one and the same. IMO
    Rev 3: 1…..> These are the word of the one who holds or has the seven Spirits of GOD.
    Rev 4:5 ….> and out of the throne proceeded lightings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne;  which (ARE) the seven Spirits of GOD.

These seven spirits are seven Intellects of Life giving Powers. they proceed out from the throne or face of GOD. They can and do indwell GOD'S CREATION. That God may be all and in ALL. think  about Nick.

peace and love to you and yours……………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    So it is the genetic code and not the intellect now?
    You add to the understanding of Rev 4 from your own intellect?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………..So now you deny what scripture say, regarding the seven spirits of GOD. Where did i add to the understanding of Rev from my own intellect . And yes genetic Code is the Spirit (intellect) of GOD at work in His creation. Again if you believed and understood what Jesus said, with regards to SPIRIT you could easily understand this. If you accuse someone of something then you are under obligation of proving it Nick. IMO

peace and love…………………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The genetic code is of the body.
    The Body is of earth.

So you think the Spirit of God is of earth?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nick, If you beleive in your heart that Jesus is your Lord and Saviuor and just study the King James,(the bible says you dont need another teacher) The holy spirit will guide you into knowing Gods word. Th Holy spirit is what will teach you.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………The genetic code is what animates the Body to function, (CLAY) does not function on it own. It has to have life in it. Life is in the blood as scripture says, when this ceases to function you die and life leaves you and all SPIRIT (intellect) processes ceases to function. YOU parish, “when a man dies His thoughts parish”. The spirit (intellect) goes back to he who gave it, his body corrupts and goes back to the earth where he was taken from. And will stay there until He is resurected and given a New created Body and The life of that body is Spirit even in the genetic code system of that body. Life is life and (ALL) life come and is sustained from one source. If GOD were to withdraw His spirit (ALL) life would cease to exist. You just don't realize how necessary GOD really is in order to exist even NOW> “FOR He upholds (ALL) things by the (POWER) of HIS MIGHT”. Mans self focus tries to prevent him from accepting this, he likes to think He is in control of His life, nothing could be further from the truth. Nick life is life and (ALL) life comes from and is sustained by GOD. When did i ever say” i think the spirit of GOD is (FROM) the earth”, Your starting to put words in my mouth again. Please try harder not to misrepresent what people are saying, The spirit of GOD certainly is (NOT) FROM the earth but it (IS) in the creation of the earth.. IMO

peace and love…………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    When someone dies they still have all their chromosomes intact and this is why forensics is effective.
    It is all of CLAY

Anonymous
    Inactive

“What are the seven spirits of God?” The “seven spirits of God” are mentioned in Revelation 1:4; 3:1; 4:5; and 5:6. The seven spirits of God are not specifically identified, so it’s impossible to be dogmatic. Revelation 1:4 mentions that the seven spirits are before God's throne. Revelation 3:1 indicates that Jesus Christ “holds” the seven spirits of God. Revelation 4:5 links the seven spirits of God with seven burning lamps that are before God's throne. Revelation 5:6 identifies the seven spirits with the “seven eyes” of the Lamb and states that they are “sent out into all the earth.”

There are at least three possible interpretations of the seven spirits of God. The first is that the seven spirits of God are symbolic of the Holy Spirit. The Bible, and especially the Book of Revelation, uses the number seven to refer to perfection and completion. If that is the meaning of the seven in the “seven spirits” then it is not referring to seven different spirits of God, but rather the perfect and complete Holy Spirit. The second view is that the seven spirits of God refer to seven angelic beings, possibly the seraphim, the cherubim. This would fit with the numerous others angelic beings that are described in the Book of Revelation (Revelation 4:6-9; 5:6-14; 19:4-5).

A third possibility is based on Isaiah 11:2 which says, “The Spirit of the LORD will rest on him — the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of power, the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD.” This could possibly explain the seven spirits of God…(1) Spirit of the LORD, (2) Spirit of wisdom, (3) Spirit of understanding, (4) Spirit of counsel, (5) Spirit of power, (6) Spirit of knowledge, (7) Spirit of the fear of the Lord. The Bible doesn’t tell us specifically who/what the seven spirits are, but the first interpretation that they are the Holy Spirit seems the most likely.

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 31 2009,06:57)
    G,

Re 5:6 And I looked, and behold, in the midst of the throne and of the four living creatures, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as though it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent out into all the earth.

1 Corinthians 12:4 There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5 There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. 6 And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all. 7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: 8 for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, 10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. 11 But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.

Isa 11:2 The Spirit of the Lord shall rest upon Him, The Spirit of wisdom and understanding, The Spirit of counsel and might, The Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord.

Can you see Nick, The Spirit of the Lord, YHWH who is ONE individual, has within Himself a spirit of wisdom and understanding, a spirit of counsel and might, a spirit of knowledge and fear…etc, these aren't separate individuals in Him, they are components of His being that are Him.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    The Spirit is one.
    Though the gifts may be differently given by that one Spirit that Spirit is not divided.

So SEVEN SPIRITS cannot refer to the ONE SPIRIT of God can it?

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Nick, I don't feel like you really caught onto what I was saying.

Did I say anything about the Spirit being divided? No, they are all in unity, these spirits don't represent individuals, they represent components of YHWH.  

Isa 11:2 The Spirit of the Lord shall rest upon Him, The Spirit of wisdom and understanding, The Spirit of counsel and might, The Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord.

See how this verse talks about the spirits within the ONE, and check out what these spirits ARE!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi JOdi,
    It is what Scripture says that matters.
    It says SEVEN SPIRITS and that excludes the ONE Spirit of God

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….All Spirit (IS) INTELLECT, and there are The seven Spirits Intellects of (or From) GOD are the complete GOD, they are Portrayed as the seven eyes , If you understood what eyes, symbolically means you would understand that it is the Seven (INTELLECT) or SPIRITS of (ONE) GOD. GOD is ELOHIM a uni-plural word as i have explained before, its ONE GOD having seven SPIRITS thy compose that ONE GOD And each are coupled with power, thats what the Horn symbols. The SLAIN Lamb has seven eyes which symbolic are (Spirits) (INTELLECTS), and sit on seven horns symbolic for (POWERS). These are the seven intelligent attributes of ONE GOD . “for the (fullness) of GOD dwells in Him (Jesus) mightily”. The fullness is the seven Spirits of GOD and they dwell in Christ (mightily), with Power. Nick if there are only one why are they all listed separately, the spirit of wisdom , the spirit of understanding , the spirit of Knowledge, is it not because these are separate (INTELLECTS) of SPIRITS given to people. IMO

peace and love……………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    You must send us a copy of your own bible when it is complete.

Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 442 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account