Elohim is plural

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 442 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KAT,
    So Jesus returned to the right hand of God, the God in heaven Jesus told us to pray to-Mt6

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (katjo @ Aug. 26 2009,12:23)
    NICK-God's right hand” in prophecy refers to the Messiah to whom is given the power and authority to subdue His enemies (Psalm 110:1; Psalm 118:16). We find a quote in Matthew 22:44 from Psalm 110:1, which is a Messianic Psalm. “The Son of David” is claimed by the LORD Jesus Christ as He is the “greater son of David” or the Messiah. In this passage of Matthew 22, Jesus questions the Pharisees about who they think the “Christ” or the Messiah is. “While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them, Saying, What think ye of Christ? Whose son is He? They say unto him, The Son of David. He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make Thine enemies thy footstool? If David then call Him Lord, how is He his son?” (Matthew 22:41-45). The position of the Messiah is at God's right hand.

The fact that Jesus Christ is at the “right hand of God” was a sign to the disciples that Jesus had indeed gone to heaven. In John 16:7-15, Jesus told the disciples that He had to go away and He would send the Holy Spirit. So the coming of the Holy Spirit in the upper room on the day of Pentecost (Acts 2:1-13) was proof positive that Jesus was indeed in heaven seated at the right hand of God. This is confirmed in Romans 8:34 where the Apostle Paul writes that Christ is sitting at God's right hand making intercession for us.

Therefore, what we can say is that “God's right hand” refers to the Messiah, the LORD Jesus Christ and He is of equal position, honor, power and authority with God (John 1:1-5). The fact that Christ is “sitting” refers to the fact that His work of redemption is done and when the fullness of the gentiles is brought in (Romans 11:25), Christ's enemies will be made His footstool as the end of the age comes, all prophecy is completed, and time is no more.

LORD Jesus Christ is not in capital letters only God the Father LORD is.

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (katjo @ Aug. 26 2009,09:50)
    theodorej- Hello, can you explain john 8:58 Jesus says: verily. verily I say to you, Before Abraham was, I am! And Thomas calling him My Lord and My God? And Jesus says:THomas because thou hast seen Me, thou has believed:BLESSED ARE THEY THAT HAVE NOT SEEN, AND YET HAVE BELIEVED!! John 10;30 I and my Father are one. 13; 19 when it comes to past you may believe that I am He. 8:24 Ye shall die in your sins if you believe not that I am He. How about acts 2:34 David saying “THE LORD SAID  UNTO MY LORD” SIT THOU ON MY RIGHT HAND!(there is only one Lord One God) and Rev 19:16 tells us on Jesus's thigh a name is written KING OF KING AND LORD OF LORD'S (13) And His name is called the Word of God! Can you explain these verses? And also what I posted  about Rev.on previous post)  Can you explain that to me?(it's on this same page)

Hi Katjo,

Jesus said “before Abraham was, I am.”

2 Timothy 1:8 Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me His prisoner, but share with me in the sufferings for the gospel according to the power of God, 9 who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began,  10 but has now been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Jesus Christ, who has abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel, 11 to which I was appointed a preacher, an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.

1 Peter 1:19 but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot. 20 He indeed was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you.

Tit 1:2 in hope of eternal life which God, who cannot lie, promised before time began

Before Abraham existed Christ existed in the plan of God, and even unto Abraham the gospel was taught.  

Ga 3:8 And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand, saying, “In you all the nations shall be blessed.”

Anonymous
    Inactive

whats re-quotting these scriptures have to do with the scriptures that I asked about. I know Jesus was in the beginning. I asked for answers to other scriptures.I would like to add a post (it is long) but I think those who dont believe in the trinity should read.

Thanks, and God Bless

Anonymous
    Inactive

The God of the Bible, the creator of the universe with a special relationship to mankind, first reveals himself to a whole people group in the book of Exodus, just before he rescues them from captivity in Egypt. He reveals himself to Moses and appoints him as his prophet. He reveals himself as “I AM WHO I AM”, the one whose being needs no other explanation, the one who has always existed, the one who is in fact master of time itself, the one known by Moses’ ancestors, the one is everything Moses and his people need. In ancient Hebrew, the name “I AM” was probably pronounced as “Yahweh”, and may be translated in your Bible as “the LORD”. The precise pronunciation is not really important. What matters is who he is, and what that means to us. He appears to Moses in a fiery manifestation, and speaks the following words, though his actual being remains hidden.
    Moses said to God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is his name?' Then what shall I tell them?”
    God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM . This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'Yahweh (I AM) has sent me to you.' ” God also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, Yahweh (I AM), the God of your fathers – the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob – has sent me to you.' This is my name forever, the name by which I am to be remembered from generation to generation.

(Exodus 3:13-15)
    In an awesome display of power that could only be accomplished by the creator himself, Moses led the Israelites out of Egyptian territory and through the parted waters of the Gulf of Aquaba, into what is now Saudi Arabia. Stunning evidence for this event, including photos of the remains of Pharaoh’s army can be seen on my Red Sea Crossing page (www.jesusisreal.org/RedSea.htm).
    After crossing the Red Sea, Yahweh gives the Israelites this promise:
    “If you listen carefully to the voice of the LORD your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I AM your healer.” (Exodus 15:26)
    When the Israelites are attacked by the Amalekites, Yahweh gives the victory, and Moses commemorates the event by building an altar:
    Moses built an altar and called it “I AM your banner”. (Exodus 17:15)
    The Israelites enter the land promised to them and live securely for many generations. When they again come under military threat, Yahweh’s angel brings a message to Gideon, which he also commemorates:
    So Gideon built an altar to Yahweh (I AM) there and called it “I AM peace”. (Judges 6:24)
    The nation of Israel continues to rise, and prospers under King David, but then it forgets Yahweh, and is taken once more into captivity. At this time the prophet Jeremiah delivers a message of hope that Yahweh will bring another king who will bear Yahweh’s own name and save the people from their sins:
    “The days are coming,” declares the LORD , “when I will raise up to David a righteous branch, a king who will reign wisely and do what is just and right in the land. In his days Judah will be saved and Israel will live in safety. This is the name by which he will be called: Yahweh (I AM) your righteousness” (Jeremiah 23:5-6).
    In fulfilment of various prophecies relating to the time, place and lineage of his birth, the boy known to the Jews as “Yeshua”, and to us as “Jesus”, was born to a young Jewish virgin named Mary. The angel that appeared to her instructed her to give him this name, which is a contraction of Yehoshua, meaning “Yahweh is your salvation” and thus “I AM your salvation”:
    She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Yeshua (I AM your salvation), because he will save his people from their sins.” (Matthew 1:21)
    It is crucial to understand that Jesus was not just a teacher, although he had an authority like none other. He was not one of many who were, or claimed to be, messengers from God. He was none other than the God Yahweh himself, the creator revealing himself for the first time in person to those he had brought into being. He also revealed something astonishing that was not previously known, that in Yahweh there was both a father and a son, that indeed human relationships were a mirror of relationships that had always existed within God himself.
    There are some who will tell you that Jesus never claimed to be divine, that he never assumed the nature of God. Do not listen to them! This is the very heart of the Christian faith. I advise you to ignore godless scholars and unbelieving academics, and examine for yourself in the texts below, what Jesus actually claimed about himself, about Yahweh, and about his relationship to his heavenly father. I trust you will see that in his own person he was the continuation, and culmination, of the revelation of Yahweh to mankind.
    Jesus ministry was bold, and while many responded to him, he quickly aroused opposition from the religious establishment:
    Your father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was glad.”
    “You are not yet fifty years old,” the Jews said to him, “and you have seen Abraham!”
    “I tell you the truth,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I AM (Yahweh)!” (John 8:56-58)
    He makes a very big claim below. He again takes God’s name to himself, and claims not just to be the messenger of all wisdom, but the source of all wisdom.
    When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I AM the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” (John 8:12)
    In the following passage, Jesus claims that in every way, in his power, his authority and his compassion, he shows us the nature of God. He clams he is the only means of access to the Father, and he uses the name of God, Yahweh, in referring to himself as the source of all spiritual life.
    Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.” Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don't know where you are going, so how can we know the way?” Jesus answered, “I AM the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.” Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.” Jesus answered: “Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father.
    How can you say, 'Show us the Father'? Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves. (John 14:1-11)
    In claiming to be the good shepherd, Jesus is clearly alluding to the Lord that King David called his shepherd in Psalm 23, with all that implies in terms of leadership, spiritual care, protection, love, and ultimately eternal life. It is evident that the intimacy that David had with God was intimacy with Christ himself (cf. Matthew 22:41-45). Isn’t it astounding that at the same time as Jesus takes to himself the name of God, he expresses a love for his people so great that he is willing to die for them?
    I AM (Yahweh) the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me — just as the Father knows me and I know the Father — and I lay down my life for the sheep. I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my
    voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd. (John 10:14-16)
    Jesus claims to be the source of all our spiritual strength. Nothing of any worth can be accomplished without him working in our lives.
    I AM the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. (John 15:5)
    Jesus has been constantly weaving his divinity into his teaching. As well as his direct use of the name of God in reference to himself, he has referred, and will refer, to himself in relation to the various aspects of the saving work of Yahweh, as revealed (in part) to the Israelites, and as foretold by the prophets. Now he emphasises that he really is staking a claim to be the promised Messiah, the divine Son of God. For us to share in his immortality, we must believe in him – that is we must acknowledge and trust in who he is, and what he has done for us.
    But he continued, “You are from below; I AM from above. You are of this world; I AM not of this world. I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I AM (Yahweh) the one I claim to be, you will indeed die in your sins.” “Who are you?” they asked. “Just what I have been claiming all along,” Jesus replied. “I have much to say in judgment of you. But he who sent me is reliable, and what I have heard from him I tell the world.” They did not understand that he was telling them about his Father. So Jesus said, “When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I AM the one I claim to be and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me. The one who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what pleases him.” Even as he spoke, many put their faith in him. (John 8:23-30)
    The pharisees and priests were envious of Jesus’ following, but it was Jesus’ claim to divinity that offended them more than anything else.
    For this reason the Jews tried all the harder to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God. (John 5:18)
    At his trial, Jesus is asked directly whether he is the Son of God. He answers this question in the affirmative, and in doing so, uses the name of God just as he has on previous occasions. He goes on to say that the one they now see before them, vulnerable in his humanity, will appear again, sitting at the right hand of the Father, in judgement on those who now reject him.
    Again the high priest asked him, “Are you the Christ, the Son of the Blessed One?” “I AM (Yahweh),” said Jesus. “And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.” The high priest tore his clothes. “Why do we need any more witnesses?” he asked. “You have heard the blasphemy. What do you think?” (Mark 14:61-63)
    Jesus rose from death, because once he had suffered the punishment our sins deserved, it was impossible that death could hold him. Jesus is “the Son of God”, the Son who together with the Father, has always existed as Yahweh. But from the moment of his conception to the end of eternity, he is also fully human, and he opens the way for men and women to enjoy the immortality that was always intended.
    Jesus said to her, “I AM the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?”
    “Yes, Lord,” she told him, “I believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, who was to come into the world.” (John 11:25-27)
    Jesus claims to be our spiritual food, that is, our sustenance. His sacrificed his life for ours, that we might enjoy God’s love now and throughout eternity.
    Then Jesus declared, “I AM the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty. (John 6:35)
    After he is raised from the dead, Jesus appears to his disciples. With his own divine authority, and with that of the Father, he commissions them to spread the message of salvation throughout the Earth. To equip them for this task, he authorises them to receive the same Spirit of God that empowered his own ministry.
    Again Jesus said, “Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I AM sending you.” And with that he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit.” (John 20:21-22)
    Shortly after this, Jesus is taken up into heaven. Many years later, after most of the disciples have also died for their faith, he appears to John, the sole survivor of the original twelve disciples. He again affirms his absolute and complete divinity, which is at the core of the Christian faith. This enables him to encourage a suffering church by guaranteeing their victory with him.
    When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I AM (Yahweh) the First and the Last. I AM the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and the grave. “Write, therefore, what you have seen, what is now and what will take place later.” (Revelation 1:17-19)
    The words and deeds of Jesus recorded by John and other disciples, up to and including the revelation above, are preserved for us so that we might share in the blessings released at that time. We would do well to spend a few hours reading these words, inviting the Spirit of God to apply them to our hearts.
    Jesus did many other miraculous signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name. (John 20:30-31

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KAT,
    It is not a magic invocation.
    Jesus is the Son of the LIVING God.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kato…………Thin why did Jesus say in prayer, “FOR THOU ART THE ONLY TRUE GOD”. The word (THOU) implies someone other than the on speaking, and He also said (ONLY) true GOD. Jesus is not a incarnated GOD of any Kind. He is of the root of DAVID as scripture said He was born from HIS brethren as Moses said He would come from. He did not preexist His berth on earth, he is NOT the GOD He went to and i sitting beside now. He plainly said He was going to HIS GOD and OUR GOD, HIS FATHER and OUR FATHER. Jesus is 100% Human Now and always was. Trying to transform the word Jesus into Yahweh is pure speculation on your part. IMO

peace and love……………………….gene

kerwin
    Participant

Katjo wrote:

Why is the question over Jesus’ true identity so important?

It is important because we must believe that God’s promise of the Holy Spirit is true and thus that a student of Jesus can be righteous and holy even as God is righteous and holy.  

Jesus demonstrated this to us by living a life free of sin even though he was tempted by evil even as each of us is.   He overcame the world by his faith in God even as we too can overcome though faith that Jesus is the Anointed One of God and thus has the authority to send us the Spirit of Righteousness.   We can choose to live by that Spirit by faith but in order to do so we must believe it can be done and that God will do it for us.

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ Aug. 26 2009,12:16)
    katjo   John 8:58  That means that Jesus was brought forth before the World was.  He was the firstborn over all creation/
    Col, 12:15-17
    Rev.3:14
    And Jesus said to His Father after the resurrection in
    John 17:5  ” And now O Father glory Me together with the glory I had with Yourself before the World was.”
    John !:1  In the beginning was the Word and the Word was God and the Word was with God.

In verse 14  And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us.  

Jon 10:30  You first have to go to verse 29 when it says that the Father is greater then All; and that includes Jesus.  When Jesus said my Father and I are one. Just like we are with the Father and Son, through God's  Spirit.  God's Holy Spirit that unifies us all. We become one with all.  Also with other Christians that have the truth.  
    1 Corinth.. 15 tells us that after all have been made subject to Jesus,He will give His Kingdom back to the Father, so all can be all in God.  Right now there are just a few
    , but after the Millennium who are God's Children all are one big Family of God.
    John 13: 19  You need to go back to verse 1-19 Jesus  said that He will wash all the Apostles feet.   And so should we.  It is a humbling experience.  It was Passover time and Jesus knew who would betray Him. You do know that there were those that did not believe in Him, and that is why He said in verse 19 that He was, who He said He was.
    You read these first, I am really not feeling to good today, I had a big Weekend, so I will give the other Scriptures you quoted later if you wish.
    Peace and Love Irene

P.S. I hope that this Post of mine is not being ignored like so many have been, it will be the last time I will bother with all. Irene

kj You see I answered somem of your Questions. but like so often my post gets ignored.
    So figure that out.

kerwin
    Participant

Cindy wrote:

kj  You see I answered some of your Questions. but like so often my post gets ignored.
    So figure that out.

Patience and persistence are a virtues that are sometimes required on these forums at Heaven Net since there are a lot of posts to some threads and so some get buried without response.  This is especially true if more than one person is also addressing the same individual you are.  If you feel what what you wrote merits it then help them out by re-posting it to get their attention.

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (katjo @ Aug. 26 2009,11:58)
    hello. that still doesnt answer my questions on the post before or the one I put on before on Rev. Can you not tell me what these scriptures mean?
                                   God Bless

Greetings K Forgive my lazyness…..Could you restate your questions on revelation…thanks Tj

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Aug. 26 2009,16:54)
    Katjo wrote:

Why is the question over Jesus’ true identity so important?

It is important because we must believe that God’s promise of the Holy Spirit is true and thus that a student of Jesus can be righteous and holy even as God is righteous and holy.  

Jesus demonstrated this to us by living a life free of sin even though he was tempted by evil even as each of us is.   He overcame the world by his faith in God even as we too can overcome though faith that Jesus is the Anointed One of God and thus has the authority to send us the Spirit of Righteousness.   We can choose to live by that Spirit by faith but in order to do so we must believe it can be done and that God will do it for us.

Kerwin……….Excellent POST. I totally agree with it. If we don't see Jesus as one of US we simply don't see Him at all. IMO

peace and love to you and yours…………………gene

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Aug. 26 2009,14:59)
    Kato…………Thin why did Jesus say in prayer, “FOR THOU ART THE ONLY TRUE GOD”. The word (THOU) implies someone other than the on speaking, and He also said (ONLY) true GOD. Jesus is not a incarnated GOD of any Kind. He is of the root of DAVID as scripture said He was born from HIS brethren as Moses said He would come from. He did not preexist His berth on earth, he is NOT the GOD He went to and i sitting beside now. He plainly said He was going to HIS GOD and OUR GOD, HIS FATHER and OUR FATHER. Jesus is 100% Human Now and always was.  Trying to transform the word Jesus into Yahweh  is pure speculation on your part. IMO

peace and love……………………….gene

Gene You say that Jesus did not preexist His Birth as a Human Being. Then how do you explains these Scriptures:”
    Col, 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
    verse 16 For by Him all things were created that are in Heaven and that is in Earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things where created by Him and for Him.
    verse 17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.

verse 18 And He is the Head of the body the Church who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have preeminence.

Preeminence means that Jesus was first in all. Firstborn of all creation, and firstborn from the death. That is clear to me, and I do not understand that you and some here can't or want to understand.
    Rev. 3:14 …..” These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness the beginning of the creation of God.”
    John too tells us that He was there in the beginning as the Word amd was with God and Is God. We are the Son's of the Living God, we are the Family of God. And Jesus is our older Brother. How great is God.
    In 1 Cor. 15: 28 Now when all things are made subject to Him(Jesus) , then the Son Himself will also be subject to Him who put all things under Him, that God may be ALL IN ALL.

IMO when Jesus became a man, He could not sin and would not sin, because He knew what was at stake. He had God's Holy Spirit in Him without measure. God the Father had to send His only begotten Son in order to be the perfect Sacrifice in order to save mankind from destruction. Now eternal life is a free gift from God by Faith in Jesus. Not of our self so no one can boast.
    Ephesians 2:8-9

The reason Jesus is of the root of David is because of being born of flesh, by Mary the Mother of Jesus. If I am an American and born in Germany my roots are in Germany. That is the way I see it. I don't want to ignore such important Scriptures that shows that Jesus did preexisted His Birth as a Human. It also says that God send His Son into the World to save the world that through him we might be saveth. So where did God send Him from if not from Heaven I do know that you think He was preordained, that is not so. There is no Scripture that says so. At least I have never come across one.
    However Jesus did not always exist like some think. He had a beginning. That is what shows us in Colossians.
    I do agree with you that Jesus was never called Yahweh.
    Peace and Love Irene

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (katjo @ Aug. 26 2009,14:15)
    The God of the Bible, the creator of the universe with a special relationship to mankind, first reveals himself to a whole people group in the book of Exodus, just before he rescues them from captivity in Egypt. He reveals himself to Moses and appoints him as his prophet. He reveals himself as “I AM WHO I AM”, the one whose being needs no other explanation, the one who has always existed, the one who is in fact master of time itself, the one known by Moses’ ancestors, the one is everything Moses and his people need. In ancient Hebrew, the name “I AM” was probably pronounced as “Yahweh”, and may be translated in your Bible as “the LORD”. The precise pronunciation is not really important. What matters is who he is, and what that means to us. He appears to Moses in a fiery manifestation, and speaks the following words, though his actual being remains hidden.
    Moses said to God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is his name?' Then what shall I tell them?”
    God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM . This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'Yahweh (I AM) has sent me to you.' ” God also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, Yahweh (I AM), the God of your fathers – the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob – has sent me to you.' This is my name forever, the name by which I am to be remembered from generation to generation.

(Exodus 3:13-15)
    In an awesome display of power that could only be accomplished by the creator himself, Moses led the Israelites out of Egyptian territory and through the parted waters of the Gulf of Aquaba, into what is now Saudi Arabia. Stunning evidence for this event, including photos of the remains of Pharaoh’s army can be seen on my Red Sea Crossing page (www.jesusisreal.org/RedSea.htm).
    After crossing the Red Sea, Yahweh gives the Israelites this promise:
    “If you listen carefully to the voice of the LORD your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I AM your healer.” (Exodus 15:26)
    When the Israelites are attacked by the Amalekites, Yahweh gives the victory, and Moses commemorates the event by building an altar:
    Moses built an altar and called it “I AM your banner”. (Exodus 17:15)
    The Israelites enter the land promised to them and live securely for many generations. When they again come under military threat, Yahweh’s angel brings a message to Gideon, which he also commemorates:
    So Gideon built an altar to Yahweh (I AM) there and called it “I AM peace”. (Judges 6:24)
    The nation of Israel continues to rise, and prospers under King David, but then it forgets Yahweh, and is taken once more into captivity. At this time the prophet Jeremiah delivers a message of hope that Yahweh will bring another king who will bear Yahweh’s own name and save the people from their sins:
    “The days are coming,” declares the LORD , “when I will raise up to David a righteous branch, a king who will reign wisely and do what is just and right in the land. In his days Judah will be saved and Israel will live in safety. This is the name by which he will be called: Yahweh (I AM) your righteousness” (Jeremiah 23:5-6).
    In fulfilment of various prophecies relating to the time, place and lineage of his birth, the boy known to the Jews as “Yeshua”, and to us as “Jesus”, was born to a young Jewish virgin named Mary. The angel that appeared to her instructed her to give him this name, which is a contraction of Yehoshua, meaning “Yahweh is your salvation” and thus “I AM your salvation”:
    She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Yeshua (I AM your salvation), because he will save his people from their sins.” (Matthew 1:21)
    It is crucial to understand that Jesus was not just a teacher, although he had an authority like none other. He was not one of many who were, or claimed to be, messengers from God. He was none other than the God Yahweh himself, the creator revealing himself for the first time in person to those he had brought into being. He also revealed something astonishing that was not previously known, that in Yahweh there was both a father and a son, that indeed human relationships were a mirror of relationships that had always existed within God himself.
    There are some who will tell you that Jesus never claimed to be divine, that he never assumed the nature of God. Do not listen to them! This is the very heart of the Christian faith. I advise you to ignore godless scholars and unbelieving academics, and examine for yourself in the texts below, what Jesus actually claimed about himself, about Yahweh, and about his relationship to his heavenly father. I trust you will see that in his own person he was the continuation, and culmination, of the revelation of Yahweh to mankind.
    Jesus ministry was bold, and while many responded to him, he quickly aroused opposition from the religious establishment:
    Your father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was glad.”
    “You are not yet fifty years old,” the Jews said to him, “and you have seen Abraham!”
    “I tell you the truth,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I AM (Yahweh)!”  (John 8:56-58)
    He makes a very big claim below. He again takes God’s name to himself, and claims not just to be the messenger of all wisdom, but the source of all wisdom.
    When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I AM the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”  (John 8:12)
    In the following passage, Jesus claims that in every way, in his power, his authority and his compassion, he shows us the nature of God. He clams he is the only means of access to the Father, and he uses the name of God, Yahweh, in referring to himself as the source of all spiritual life.
    Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.” Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don't know where you are going, so how can we know the way?” Jesus answered, “I AM the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.” Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.” Jesus answered: “Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father.
    How can you say, 'Show us the Father'? Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves.  (John 14:1-11)
    In claiming to be the good shepherd, Jesus is clearly alluding to the Lord that King David called his shepherd in Psalm 23, with all that implies in terms of leadership, spiritual care, protection, love, and ultimately eternal life. It is evident that the intimacy that David had with God was intimacy with Christ himself (cf. Matthew 22:41-45). Isn’t it astounding that at the same time as Jesus takes to himself the name of God, he expresses a love for his people so great that he is willing to die for them?
    I AM (Yahweh) the good shepherd; I know my she
    ep and my sheep know me — just as the Father knows me and I know the Father — and I lay down my life for the sheep. I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.  (John 10:14-16)
    Jesus claims to be the source of all our spiritual strength. Nothing of any worth can be accomplished without him working in our lives.
    I AM the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.  (John 15:5)
    Jesus has been constantly weaving his divinity into his teaching. As well as his direct use of the name of God in reference to himself, he has referred, and will refer, to himself in relation to the various aspects of the saving work of Yahweh, as revealed (in part) to the Israelites, and as foretold by the prophets. Now he emphasises that he really is staking a claim to be the promised Messiah, the divine Son of God. For us to share in his immortality, we must believe in him – that is we must acknowledge and trust in who he is, and what he has done for us.
    But he continued, “You are from below; I AM from above. You are of this world; I AM not of this world. I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I AM (Yahweh) the one I claim to be, you will indeed die in your sins.” “Who are you?” they asked. “Just what I have been claiming all along,” Jesus replied. “I have much to say in judgment of you. But he who sent me is reliable, and what I have heard from him I tell the world.” They did not understand that he was telling them about his Father. So Jesus said, “When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I AM the one I claim to be and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me. The one who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what pleases him.” Even as he spoke, many put their faith in him.  (John 8:23-30)
    The pharisees and priests were envious of Jesus’ following, but it was Jesus’ claim to divinity that offended them more than anything else.
    For this reason the Jews tried all the harder to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.  (John 5:18)
    At his trial, Jesus is asked directly whether he is the Son of God. He answers this question in the affirmative, and in doing so, uses the name of God just as he has on previous occasions. He goes on to say that the one they now see before them, vulnerable in his humanity, will appear again, sitting at the right hand of the Father, in judgement on those who now reject him.
    Again the high priest asked him, “Are you the Christ, the Son of the Blessed One?”  “I AM (Yahweh),” said Jesus. “And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.” The high priest tore his clothes. “Why do we need any more witnesses?” he asked. “You have heard the blasphemy. What do you think?”  (Mark 14:61-63)
    Jesus rose from death, because once he had suffered the punishment our sins deserved, it was impossible that death could hold him. Jesus is “the Son of God”, the Son who together with the Father, has always existed as Yahweh. But from the moment of his conception to the end of eternity, he is also fully human, and he opens the way for men and women to enjoy the immortality that was always intended.
    Jesus said to her, “I AM the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?”
    “Yes, Lord,” she told him, “I believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, who was to come into the world.”  (John 11:25-27)
    Jesus claims to be our spiritual food, that is, our sustenance. His sacrificed his life for ours, that we might enjoy God’s love now and throughout eternity.
    Then Jesus declared, “I AM the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty.  (John 6:35)
    After he is raised from the dead, Jesus appears to his disciples. With his own divine authority, and with that of the Father, he commissions them to spread the message of salvation throughout the Earth. To equip them for this task, he authorises them to receive the same Spirit of God that empowered his own ministry.
    Again Jesus said, “Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I AM sending you.” And with that he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit.”  (John 20:21-22)
    Shortly after this, Jesus is taken up into heaven. Many years later, after most of the disciples have also died for their faith, he appears to John, the sole survivor of the original twelve disciples. He again affirms his absolute and complete divinity, which is at the core of the Christian faith. This enables him to encourage a suffering church by guaranteeing their victory with him.
    When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I AM (Yahweh) the First and the Last. I AM the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and the grave. “Write, therefore, what you have seen, what is now and what will take place later.”  (Revelation 1:17-19)
    The words and deeds of Jesus recorded by John and other disciples, up to and including the revelation above, are preserved for us so that we might share in the blessings released at that time. We would do well to spend a few hours reading these words, inviting the Spirit of God to apply them to our hearts.
    Jesus did many other miraculous signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name. (John 20:30-31

The TERM I AM, needs to be held in CONTEXT! Seriously how absurd can a doctrine be? To say that because the phrase 'I am', is used with Jesus that means he must be YHWH, is complete deliriousness IMO. Everyone is an I am, I am Jodi the daughter of Matthew. However I am, therefore I too am YHWH? Seriously Katjo, is this doctrine you posted a JOKE, for it lacks ALL sound reasoning of the scriptures?

John 1:23 He said: “I am 'The voice of one crying in the wilderness: “Make straight the way of the Lord,” ' as the prophet Isaiah said.”

Was John YHWH as well?

YHWH says I AM the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
    YHWH says I AM the One True God
    YHWH says I Alone am God.
    YHWH says I AM the Father of Jesus
    Jesus says I AM the Christ
    Jesus says I AM the Servant of God
    Jesus says I AM the Son of God
    Jesus says I AM the Lamb
    Jesus says I AM the resurrection
    Jesus says I AM your brother

YHWH is one person who said the following,

1Ch 22:10 He shall build a house for My name, and he shall be My son, and I will be his Father; and I will establish the throne of his kingdom over Israel forever.'

Acts 2:30 Therefore, being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him that of the fruit of his body, according to the flesh, He would raise up the Christ to sit on his throne, 31 he, foreseeing this, spoke concerning the resurrection of the Christ, that His soul was not left in Hades, nor did His flesh see corruption. 32 This Jesus God has raised up, of which we are all witnesses. 33 Therefore being exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He poured out this which you now see and hear.

YHWH was not to make himself into a son and then be his own father. YHWH was to take a human being from the seed of another human being, David, and make that person PERFECT, so as to make him not worthy of death, but of immortality!

1Co 8:6 yet for us the
    re is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you  all.

Joh 20:17 Jesus said to her, “Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.' ”

Jesus is clearly shown NOT to be YHWH, he is the SON of YHWH, and we too are YHWH's children.  

Mark 8:29 He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” Peter answered and said to Him, “You are the Christ.

Mark 14:61 But He kept silent and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked Him, saying to Him, “Are You the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?” 62 Jesus said, I am. And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming with the clouds of heaven.”

Luke 9:20 He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” Peter answered and said, “The Christ of God.” 21 And He strictly warned and commanded them to tell this to no one, 22 saying, “The Son of Man must suffer many things, and be rejected by the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised the third day.”

Luke 22:69 Hereafter the Son of Man will sit on the right hand of the power of God.” 70 Then they all said, “Are You then the Son of God?” So He said to them, “You rightly say that I am.” 71 And they said, “What further testimony do we need? For we have heard it ourselves from His own mouth.”

John 10:32 Jesus answered them, “Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?” 33 The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.” 34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your law, 'I said, “You are gods” '? 35 If He called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken), 36 do you say of Him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, 'You are blaspheming,' because I said, 'I am the Son of God'? 37 If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me; 38 but if I do, though you do not believe Me, believe the works, that you may know and believe that the Father is in Me, and I in Him.”

What did it mean for Jesus to say that the Father was IN Jesus? Did it mean that Jesus was YHWH the FATHER? NO!

When you act upon someone’s leadership and influence, that means that their influence which represents them and who they are, is IN YOU!

John 5:19 Then Jesus answered and said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner.

John 8:28 Then Jesus said to them, “When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am He, and that I do nothing of Myself; but as My Father taught Me, I speak these things.

Joh 11:25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live.

We need to believe that Jesus is the human being that was resurrected, not an eternal god who was resurrected. Why is Jesus so significant? Because he is YHWH? No, that makes no sense, complete foolishness. Jesus is significant because he represents YHWH's work IN MAN, not God’s work in God?

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Just to make things more clear,

John 8:53 Are You greater than our father Abraham, who is dead? And the prophets are dead. Whom do You make Yourself out to be?” 54 Jesus answered, “If I honor Myself, My honor is nothing. It is My Father who honors Me, of whom you say that He is your  God. 55 Yet you have not known Him, but I know Him. And if I say, 'I do not know Him,' I shall be a liar like you; but I do know Him and keep His word. 56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad.” 57 Then the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?” 58 Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.

Keeping in CONTEXT, when Jesus said I AM, he was referring to being the CHRIST, the promised Messiah, the human of the seed of David. The person of which Abraham had foreseen and was glad. The person that did not speak his OWN words or keep his own words, but spoke and followed those of YHWH.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Jodi………..> Amen , Amen, why can't these people get it, what has blinded them, so this simple understanding they can not recieve. It has to be a deluding Spirit (intellect) sent from GOD in order from them to believe a LIE and that LIE is that Jesus IS GOD, and that he preexisted His berth here on earth. IMO

Peace and love Jodi to you and yours, you add soundness to this site Sis…………………………..gene

RokkaMan
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Aug. 27 2009,04:22)
    Jodi………..> Amen , Amen, why can't these people get it, what has blinded them, so this simple understanding they can not recieve. It has to be a deluding Spirit (intellect) sent from GOD in order from them to believe a LIE and that LIE is that Jesus IS GOD, and that he preexisted His berth here on earth.   IMO

Peace and love Jodi to you and yours, you add soundness to this site Sis…………………………..gene

Yes God has sent us a deluded spirit, so that we may believe in a lie that ultimately will send us to hell to burn.

And you would believe that is God's righteousness. To delibrately turn us away from the truth to be condemned for it, when we desprately seek the truth.

Jodi Lee
    Participant

RokkaMan,

Sounds like you worship a cruel god, if you believe he sends people to a literal place to burn?

The first death, the one Adam brought all of man to when he subjected the entire earth to decay and death through his punishment, is known as the death of the sinner.  

The second death, as it is called, the one where people are cast into the lake of fire, is the final judgment, a period of instruction and discipline where SIN is put to death, but not the sinner. The sinner is cast into a fire for refinement to melt away and destroy the SIN, thus destroying the idolater, the murderer, the sexual immoral, and leaving a faithful servant.

For God is not willing that any should perish, but all come to repentance, and He desires ALL men to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth, and He is the savior of all men, especially those who believe. (2 Peter 3:9, 1 Tim 2:4, 1 Tim 4:10)

And who would you be RokkaMan, if you told God that He cannot accomplish His own Will?

Do you believe that man's influence of evil is greater then the intelligence and influence of God, that God cannot work His influence unto man and bring forth His desires for him? Is the sin in man more powerful then the righteous influence of God?

RokkaMan
    Participant

The second death, as it is called, the one where people are cast into the lake of fire, is the final judgment, a period of instruction and discipline where SIN is put to death, but not the sinner. The sinner is cast into a fire for refinement to melt away and destroy the SIN, thus destroying the idolater, the murderer, the sexual immoral, and leaving a faithful servant

Please show me where that is in the bible, I'd really like to believe that.

And even tho he desires and wills that no man perish, that is his righteous feeling towards all of us, but that doesn't mean that we all will be saved one way or another. God cannot go against his own righteousness, even his own laws that the wicked will be punished and perish in the flames of hell.

But pls provide scripture that indicates what you are saying will happen in the second death.

So far from what I've read…I haven't seen any sinner who partakes in the second death getting another chance at righteousness, or going through a refinement process.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi RM and welcome ,
    So when Jesus says in Mt10.28 to fear the God Who can destroy body and soul in GEENA, which is the second death,
    and Mt 25 speaks of the fire prepared for the devil and his angels into which men are cast he was just joking?

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 442 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account