Elohim is plural

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 442 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Is Jesus God? Did Jesus ever claim to be God?”

Jesus is never recorded in the Bible as saying the precise words, “I am God.” That does not mean, however, that He did not proclaim that He is God. Take for example Jesus’ words in John 10:30, “I and the Father are one.” We need only to look at the Jews’ reaction to His statement to know He was claiming to be God. They tried to stone Him for this very reason. “… you, a mere man, claim to be God” (John 10:33). The Jews understood exactly what Jesus was claiming—deity. Notice that Jesus does not deny His claim to be God. When Jesus declared, “I and the Father are one” (John 10:30), He was saying that He and the Father are of one nature and essence. John 8:58 is another example. Jesus declared, “I tell you the truth, before Abraham was born, I am!” The response of the Jews who heard this statement was to take up stones to kill Him for blasphemy, as the Mosaic Law commanded them to do (Leviticus 24:15).

John reiterates the concept of Jesus’ deity: “the Word was God” and “the Word became flesh” (John 1:1, 14). These verses clearly indicate that Jesus is God in the flesh. Acts 20:28 tells us, “Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood.” Who bought the church—the church of God—with His own blood? Jesus Christ. Acts 20:28 declares that God purchased His church with His own blood. Therefore, Jesus is God!

Thomas the disciple declared concerning Jesus, “My Lord and my God” (John 20:28). Jesus does not correct him. Titus 2:13 encourages us to wait for the coming of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ (see also 2 Peter 1:1). In Hebrews 1:8, the Father declares of Jesus, “But about the Son He says, ’Your throne, O God, will last forever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom.’” The Father refers to Jesus as “O God” indicating that Jesus is indeed God.

In Revelation, an angel instructed the apostle John to only worship God (Revelation 19:10). Several times in Scripture Jesus receives worship (Matthew 2:11, 14:33, 28:9, 17; Luke 24:52; John 9:38). He never rebukes people for worshiping Him. If Jesus were not God, He would have told people to not worship Him, just as the angel in Revelation did. There are many other verses and passages of Scripture that argue for Jesus’ deity.

The most important reason that Jesus has to be God is that if He is not God, His death would not have been sufficient to pay the penalty for the sins of the world (1 John 2:2). A created being, which Jesus would be if He were not God, could not pay the infinite penalty required for sin against an infinite God. Only God could pay such an infinite penalty. Only God could take on the sins of the world (2 Corinthians 5:21), die, and be resurrected, proving His victory over sin and death.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Who is Jesus Christ?”

Unlike the question “Does God exist?” very few people question whether Jesus Christ existed. It is generally accepted that Jesus was truly a man who walked on the earth in Israel 2000 years ago. The debate begins when the subject of Jesus' full identity is discussed. Almost every major religion teaches that Jesus was a prophet or a good teacher or a godly man. The problem is that the Bible tells us that Jesus was infinitely more than a prophet, a good teacher, or a godly man.

C.S. Lewis in his book Mere Christianity writes the following: “I am trying here to prevent anyone from saying the really foolish thing that people often say about Him [Jesus Christ]: 'I'm ready to accept Jesus as a great moral teacher, but I don't accept his claim to be God.' That is the one thing we must not say. A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher. He would either be a lunatic—on a level with a man who says he is a poached egg—or else he would be the Devil of hell. You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God, or else a madman or something worse. You can shut him up for fool, you can spit at him and kill him as a demon; or you can fall at his feet and call him Lord and God. But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about his being a great human teacher. He has not left that option open to us. He did not intend to.”

So, who did Jesus claim to be? Who does the Bible say He is? First, let's look at Jesus’ words in John 10:30, “I and the Father are one.” At first glance, this might not seem to be a claim to be God. However, look at the Jews’ reaction to His statement, “‘We are not stoning you for any of these,’ replied the Jews, ‘but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God’” (John 10:33). The Jews understood Jesus’ statement as a claim to be God. In the following verses, Jesus never corrects the Jews by saying, “I did not claim to be God.” That indicates Jesus was truly saying He was God by declaring, “I and the Father are one” (John 10:30). John 8:58 is another example: “‘I tell you the truth,’ Jesus answered, ‘before Abraham was born, I am!’” Again, in response, the Jews took up stones in an attempt to stone Jesus (John 8:59). Jesus’ announcing His identity as “I am” is a direct application of the Old Testament name for God (Exodus 3:14). Why would the Jews again want to stone Jesus if He had not said something they believed to be blasphemous, namely, a claim to be God?

John 1:1 says “the Word was God.” John 1:14 says “the Word became flesh.” This clearly indicates that Jesus is God in the flesh. Thomas the disciple declared to Jesus, “My Lord and my God” (John 20:28). Jesus does not correct him. The apostle Paul describes Him as, “…our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ” (Titus 2:13). The apostle Peter says the same, “…our God and Savior Jesus Christ” (2 Peter 1:1). God the Father is witness of Jesus’ full identity as well, “But about the Son he says, ‘Your throne, O God, will last forever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom.’” Old Testament prophecies of Christ announce His deity, “For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace” (Isaiah 9:6).

So, as C.S. Lewis argued, believing Jesus to be only a good teacher is not an option. Jesus clearly and undeniably claimed to be God. If He is not God, then He is a liar, and therefore not a prophet, good teacher, or godly man. In attempts to explain away the words of Jesus, modern “scholars” claim the “true historical Jesus” did not say many of the things the Bible attributes to Him. Who are we to argue with God’s Word concerning what Jesus did or did not say? How can a “scholar” two thousand years removed from Jesus have better insight into what Jesus did or did not say than those who lived with, served with, and were taught by Jesus Himself (John 14:26)?

Why is the question over Jesus’ true identity so important? Why does it matter whether or not Jesus is God? The most important reason that Jesus has to be God is that if He is not God, His death would not have been sufficient to pay the penalty for the sins of the whole world (1 John 2:2). Only God could pay such an infinite penalty (Romans 5:8; 2 Corinthians 5:21). Jesus had to be God so that He could pay our debt. Jesus had to be man so He could die. Salvation is available only through faith in Jesus Christ. Jesus’ deity is why He is the only way of salvation. Jesus’ deity is why He proclaimed, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me” (John 14:6).

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kat,
    If Jesus is God who is the God who was in him?
    2Cor 5.19

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kat,
    If Jesus is God who is the God who was with him?
    Acts 10.38

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Wow, I can't believe HOW HORRIBLY WRONG this statement from katjo is,

“Why is the question over Jesus’ true identity so important? Why does it matter whether or not Jesus is God? The most important reason that Jesus has to be God is that if He is not God, His death would not have been sufficient to pay the penalty for the sins of the whole world (1 John 2:2). Only God could pay such an infinite penalty (Romans 5:8; 2 Corinthians 5:21). Jesus had to be God so that He could pay our debt. Jesus had to be man so He could die. Salvation is available only through faith in Jesus Christ. Jesus’ deity is why He is the only way of salvation. Jesus’ deity is why He proclaimed, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me” (John 14:6).”

What Do the scriptures truly reveal?

First, that Jesus was resurrected as a MAN, and still is a man!

Acts 13:33 God has fulfilled this for us their children, in that He has raised up Jesus. As it is also written in the second Psalm: 'You are My Son, Today I have begotten You.' 34 And that He raised Him from the dead, no more to return to corruption, He has spoken thus: 'I will give you the sure mercies of David.' 35 Therefore He also says in another Psalm: 'You will not allow Your Holy One to see corruption.' 36 “For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell asleep, was buried with his fathers, and saw corruption; 37 but He whom God raised up saw no corruption. 38 Therefore let it be known to you, brethren, that through this Man is preached to you the forgiveness of sins;

Acts 2:30 Therefore, being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him that of the fruit of his body, according to the flesh, He would raise up the Christ to sit on his throne, 31 he, foreseeing this, spoke concerning the resurrection of the Christ, that His soul was not left in Hades, nor did His flesh see corruption.

Re 22:16 “I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star.

Mt 26:64 Jesus said to him, “It is as you said. Nevertheless, I say to you, hereafter you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven.”

Mr 13:26 Then they will see the Son of Man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.

Joh 1:51 And He said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, hereafter you shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of Man.”

Joh 5:27 and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man.

Joh 6:27 Do not labor for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to everlasting life, which the Son of Man will give you, because God the Father has set His seal on Him.”

Ac 7:56 and said, “Look! I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!”

1Ti 2:5 For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus

Second, that it was God’s plan for a MAN to save the world NOT a god,

Romans 5:15 But the free gift is not like the offense. For if by the one man's offense many died, much more the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abounded to many. 16 And the gift is not like that which came through the one who sinned. For the judgment which came from one offense resulted in condemnation, but the free gift which came from many offenses resulted in justification. 17 For if by the one man's offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.) 18 Therefore, as through one man's offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man's righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life. 19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man's obedience many will be made righteous.

Jesus was in every way just like we are.

Hebrews 4:14 Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. 15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.

We are to believe NOT that Jesus was god but that he was the Christ, the promised Messiah that was to be of the seed of David.

1 John 5:1 Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves Him who begot also loves him who is begotten of Him. 2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments. 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome. 4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world–our  faith. 5 Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?

1Ch 22:10 He shall build a house for My name, and he shall be My son, and I will be his Father; and I will establish the throne of his kingdom over Israel forever.'

Lu 1:32 He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Highest; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David

Acts 2:29 “Men and brethren, let me speak freely to you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his tomb is with us to this day. 30 Therefore, being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him that of the fruit of his body, according to the flesh, He would raise up the Christ to sit on his throne, 31 he, foreseeing this, spoke concerning the resurrection of the Christ, that His soul was not left in Hades, nor did His flesh see corruption. 32 This Jesus God has raised up, of which we are all witnesses. 33 Therefore being exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He poured out this which you now see and hear. 34 For David did not ascend into the heavens, but he says himself: 'The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at My right hand, 35 Till I make Your enemies Your footstool.” ' 36 “Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.

The promise was for God to send a human being of the seed of David into the world that would not see corruption but would receive eternal life and be an eternal king over David’s throne. Jesus was the MAN of which we are to believe FULFILLED that promise.

YHWH our heavenly Father is intelligent and powerful enough to bring salvation unto man through ONE MAN, JUST AS scriptures does in fact tell us. Jesus is our savior but it is only because of the planning and power of the heavenly Father YHWH, that he is.

Once again I would like to stress that what is important is that we believe that Jesus was TRULY FLESH, not part flesh or fully flesh but also fully God (complete nonsene IMO), but strictly JUST flesh! What is important is that we believe that Jesus is the Messiah that was promised long ago to come, that Messiah being a human being of the seed of David.

Lu 2:11 For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.

Joh 4:42 Then they said to the woman, “Now we believe, not because of what you said, for we ourselves have heard Him and we know that this is indeed the Christ, the Savior of the
    world.”

Ac 5:31 Him God has exalted to His right hand to be Prince and Savior, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins.

Ac 13:23 From this man's seed, according to the promise, God raised up for Israel a Savior–Jesus–

1 John 4:14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son as Savior of the world. 15 Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. 16 And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.

What does it mean to confess that Jesus IS the Son of God? That Jesus is 1/3 of God, part of some trinity god? NO!

We confess that Jesus is the Christ, the Messiah that was promised to come. Believing in this means that we have Faith in YHWH our heavenly Father that He can and does fulfill His promises, that He can carry out His plans. We believe that our Father raised Jesus from the dead, and that we have Faith according to our Father's promise that we too will be like Jesus, going from mortality into immortality.

Ro 8:11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

Ga 3:17 And this I say, that the law, which was four hundred and thirty years later, cannot annul the covenant that was confirmed before by God in Christ, that it should make the promise of no effect.

Ga 3:19 What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was appointed through angels by the hand of a mediator.

There exists NO promise that YHWH would send down some pre-existing son, some spirit son or god the son. The promise was that by the SEED of David God would raise up a MAN to be His Son.

Once again katjo said, “Jesus had to be God so that He could pay our debt.”

Scripture however says,

Mt 1:21 And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.”

Re 1:5 and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood,

Jesus is not the One True God, he is the promised human Messiah, and he is the first MAN to be raised from the dead to receive immortality. He was able to wash away our sins because he was a SINLESS MAN!

Acts 2:22 “Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst, as you yourselves also know– 23 Him, being delivered by the determined purpose and foreknowledge of God, you have taken by lawless hands, have crucified, and put to death; 24 whom God raised up, having loosed the pains of death, because it was not possible that He should be held by it.

Eph 4:13 till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (katjo @ Aug. 19 2009,04:36)
    Im sorry but we believe in the trinity and our church worships the father all the time as well as Jesus too!

Greetings K……I have had a catholic school education and was subject to the doctrine and dogma for many years…I was able to study my way past the indoctrination and was eventually excommunicated for marrying a jewish woman….granted…The CC has libralized quite a bit since then,but it never ceases to amaze me that many protestent churches,although,they deny the papacy,they keep all of the CCs'doctrines(eg. christmas,easter,the trinity and so on)while ignoring Lev:23…The holy days God gave us Forever and to be kept holy from generation to generation…The trinity was an invention of the council Nicea,whose purpose was to eliminate any resemblence of Judaic Law….God is one…He is ElShaddai,He is the Iam that Iam, and having said that The Yahweh through the essence of spirit created all things…He simply had to say let there be light and there was light….This part of creation as well as the rest was accomplished through the Word of the father in conjunction with his almighty power which is his spirit the essence of his being…If you do the arithmatic The Word by which all things were created,The spirit which is the power and the very being that is God The Father still adds up to one omniciant,omnipotent God / Yahweh

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Jodi………….You have just preached the Gospel to us. Jesus is indeed one of US a 100% Human being and did (NOT) preexist His Berth, except in the Plan and Purpose of Our (ONE) and (ONLY) True GOD, the FATHER of us and the MAN JESUS Christ our brother. You have it right Sis.

peace and love to you and yours………GOD our Father is blessing you with true understanding and revelations of truth. …….gene

Anonymous
    Inactive

Revelation is of Jesus Christ. His judgment.I think people should really pay attention to these verses when speaking about the trinity. Rev 1:6 (Jesus) And hath made us Kings and priests “unto God and His Father”.(whats this mean) To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen
    (7) Behold He cometh with clouds and every eye shall see Him, all kindreds of earth shall wail because of Him.
    (8) (Jesus) I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the lord, which is and which was and which is to come, THE ALMIGHTY!
    Rev. 14:7 says: fear God and give glory to Him: for the hour of His judgment has come:
    (Jesus is going to judge us but here it is saying God’s judgment) and worship Him that made the heaven, and earth. And the sea, and the fountains of waters.(Remember Col. 1:16 tells us by Jesus were all things created in heaven and in earth. By Him and for Him)
    Rev. 15:3, And they sang a knew song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvelous are thy works, Lord God Almighty:just and true are thy ways: thou King of saints.(4) Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify the name? For thou only art Holy; For all nations will come and worship before thee: for thy judgments are made manifest. (16:5 And I heard the angel of the waters say, Thou art righteous, O Lord, which art, and wast, and shalt be, because thou has judged thus.(this is about Jesus) (6) They have shed blood of prophets, and thou has given them blood to drink: for they are worthy.(7) This is also speaking of Jesus) And I heard another out of the altar say, Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous are thy judgments . And (14) tells us:for they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of GOD ALMIGHTY. (15) Jesus says: Behold I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame. Than Rev. 19:1 tells us of many people in Heaven saying, AL-le-lu-la: Salvation, and glory, and honor, and power, unto the Lord our God (remember 7) just told us Jesus was Lord God Almighty, He is who judges us) (2) says for true and righteous are His judgments, but these verses are calling Jesus: “Lord our God and God Almighty” 19:11 tells us :Heaven opened and behold a white horse: and He that sat upon him was called Faithful and True (Jesus) and in righteousness He doth judge and make war. (12) tell us He had a name written, that no man knew, but He himself. (13) And He was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and His name is called THE WORD OF GOD!!(Jesus) (16) He hath on His thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS. Rev 19: 9 tells us: blessed are he they that are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb than go to verse 17: Come and gather yourselfs together unto the supper of the Great God .(Hmmm) Rev 20:4 says:and I saw thrones and they sat upon them and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the Word Of God. (Remember 19:13 tells us Jesus name is called The word Of God) Tha Rev21:5 says: And he that sat upon the throne said, behold I make all things new. And he said unto me, write: for these words are true and faithful(19;11Jesus is called faithful and true) (21:6) I am the Alpha and Omega The beginning and thee end (7) He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be His God and He shall be my son
    Than if we go to Revelation 22:3 It says; and there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it: and His servants shall serve Him ( who’s servants does that mean the Lambs or Gods? It says His and Him. Is this saying they are one)(4) and they shall see His face (Jesus) and His name shall be in their forheads (5) says the Lord God giveth them light. (7) jesus says: Behold I come quickly: Blessed is he that keepth the sayings of the prophecy of this book. (14)I am th Alpha and omega, The beginning and the end, the first and the last.
    And by the way, no I am not catholic,I am Baptist.And I dont believe in worshipping Mary, or praying to the saints,or asking the priest for forgiveness of my sins, but i do believe the three are one, and no one is going to change that. And I believe that because the bible clearly tells me so. god Bless!

thetruth
    Participant

Kerwin why will you not answer me?

Nick the trinity of the Scriptures, though you do not believe, and therefore worship a false god.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi the T,
    There is no trinity taught in scripture.
    So what of this accusation?

Anonymous
    Inactive

theodorej- Hello, can you explain john 8:58 Jesus says: verily. verily I say to you, Before Abraham was, I am! And Thomas calling him My Lord and My God? And Jesus says:THomas because thou hast seen Me, thou has believed:BLESSED ARE THEY THAT HAVE NOT SEEN, AND YET HAVE BELIEVED!! John 10;30 I and my Father are one. 13; 19 when it comes to past you may believe that I am He. 8:24 Ye shall die in your sins if you believe not that I am He. How about acts 2:34 David saying “THE LORD SAID UNTO MY LORD” SIT THOU ON MY RIGHT HAND!(there is only one Lord One God) and Rev 19:16 tells us on Jesus's thigh a name is written KING OF KING AND LORD OF LORD'S (13) And His name is called the Word of God! Can you explain these verses? And also what I posted about Rev.on previous post) Can you explain that to me?(it's on this same page)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KAT,
    Many have unwisely thought we should read between the lines a make a doctrine based on assumptions from these verses that Jesus is his own father and his own God.

He said he is the son of God and we should believe him when he says so.

God was in him [2cor5]and often spoke through this wondrous human vessel.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I dont want all these same scriptures repeated- no one will answer what the scriptures I posted mean?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KAT,
    So if Jesus sits at the right hand of God then he is not that God is he?

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (katjo @ Aug. 26 2009,09:50)
    theodorej- Hello, can you explain john 8:58 Jesus says: verily. verily I say to you, Before Abraham was, I am! And Thomas calling him My Lord and My God? And Jesus says:THomas because thou hast seen Me, thou has believed:BLESSED ARE THEY THAT HAVE NOT SEEN, AND YET HAVE BELIEVED!! John 10;30 I and my Father are one. 13; 19 when it comes to past you may believe that I am He. 8:24 Ye shall die in your sins if you believe not that I am He. How about acts 2:34 David saying “THE LORD SAID  UNTO MY LORD” SIT THOU ON MY RIGHT HAND!(there is only one Lord One God) and Rev 19:16 tells us on Jesus's thigh a name is written KING OF KING AND LORD OF LORD'S (13) And His name is called the Word of God! Can you explain these verses? And also what I posted  about Rev.on previous post)  Can you explain that to me?(it's on this same page)

Greetings katjo…..I know whats in my heart….And I know that on Sinai the father told Moses,when he asked, by what name should we call you…..and he said ” Iam That Iam”…he is the only and there are no others….The scripture is replete with Jesus defering to the father…Jesus is the first born of the dead and an example of Gods Plan for everlasting life,which he offers and will offer each and every one of us…sounds like a mercifull plan in light of what we deserve….Jesus is our intercessor before the father and will preside over the Government of God on earth….

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (katjo @ Aug. 26 2009,09:50)
    theodorej- Hello, can you explain john 8:58 Jesus says: verily. verily I say to you, Before Abraham was, I am! And Thomas calling him My Lord and My God? And Jesus says:THomas because thou hast seen Me, thou has believed:BLESSED ARE THEY THAT HAVE NOT SEEN, AND YET HAVE BELIEVED!! John 10;30 I and my Father are one. 13; 19 when it comes to past you may believe that I am He. 8:24 Ye shall die in your sins if you believe not that I am He. How about acts 2:34 David saying “THE LORD SAID  UNTO MY LORD” SIT THOU ON MY RIGHT HAND!(there is only one Lord One God) and Rev 19:16 tells us on Jesus's thigh a name is written KING OF KING AND LORD OF LORD'S (13) And His name is called the Word of God! Can you explain these verses? And also what I posted  about Rev.on previous post)  Can you explain that to me?(it's on this same page)

Iam sorry K…. As you know ….you are to prove all things(it is healthy and wise) The word was God,The word was with God,The word became flesh and dwealt among us….These declarations all pertain to the Word of God….All through the scripture the word/voice of God has been heard by men and has been an instrument for creation…( Let there be light )the word of God is part of the essence that is God,the spirit of God is the being and power that is God….Jesus is the word that became flesh and lived among us…He came as a gift from God and he was proclaiming the Gospel(The good news of the coming kingdom)It was appointed by the father that he would be our intercessor and be the first born of the dead so as to glorify the father and be an example of Gods plan of salvation for all of us……I welcome you response….TJ

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Aug. 25 2009,16:56)
    Wow, I can't believe HOW HORRIBLY WRONG this statement from katjo is,

“Why is the question over Jesus’ true identity so important? Why does it matter whether or not Jesus is God? The most important reason that Jesus has to be God is that if He is not God, His death would not have been sufficient to pay the penalty for the sins of the whole world (1 John 2:2). Only God could pay such an infinite penalty (Romans 5:8; 2 Corinthians 5:21). Jesus had to be God so that He could pay our debt. Jesus had to be man so He could die. Salvation is available only through faith in Jesus Christ. Jesus’ deity is why He is the only way of salvation. Jesus’ deity is why He proclaimed, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me” (John 14:6).”

What Do the scriptures truly reveal?

First, that Jesus was resurrected as a MAN, and still is a man!

Acts 13:33 God has fulfilled this for us their children, in that He has raised up Jesus. As it is also written in the second Psalm: 'You are My Son, Today I have begotten You.' 34 And that He raised Him from the dead, no more to return to corruption, He has spoken thus: 'I will give you the sure mercies of David.' 35 Therefore He also says in another Psalm: 'You will not allow Your Holy One to see corruption.' 36 “For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell asleep, was buried with his fathers, and saw corruption; 37 but He whom God raised up saw no corruption. 38 Therefore let it be known to you, brethren, that through this Man is preached to you the forgiveness of sins;

Acts 2:30 Therefore, being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him that of the fruit of his body, according to the flesh, He would raise up the Christ to sit on his throne, 31 he, foreseeing this, spoke concerning the resurrection of the Christ, that His soul was not left in Hades, nor did His flesh see corruption.

Re 22:16 “I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star.

Mt 26:64 Jesus said to him, “It is as you said. Nevertheless, I say to you, hereafter you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven.”

Mr 13:26 Then they will see the Son of Man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.

Joh 1:51 And He said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, hereafter you shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of Man.”

Joh 5:27 and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man.

Joh 6:27 Do not labor for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to everlasting life, which the Son of Man will give you, because God the Father has set His seal on Him.”

Ac 7:56 and said, “Look! I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!”

1Ti 2:5 For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus

Second, that it was God’s plan for a MAN to save the world NOT a god,

Romans 5:15 But the free gift is not like the offense. For if by the one man's offense many died, much more the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abounded to many. 16 And the gift is not like that which came through the one who sinned. For the judgment which came from one offense resulted in condemnation, but the free gift which came from many offenses resulted in justification. 17 For if by the one man's offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.) 18 Therefore, as through one man's offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man's righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life. 19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man's obedience many will be made righteous.

Jesus was in every way just like we are.

Hebrews 4:14 Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. 15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.

We are to believe NOT that Jesus was god but that he was the Christ, the promised Messiah that was to be of the seed of David.

1 John 5:1 Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves Him who begot also loves him who is begotten of Him. 2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments. 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome. 4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world–our  faith. 5 Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?

1Ch 22:10 He shall build a house for My name, and he shall be My son, and I will be his Father; and I will establish the throne of his kingdom over Israel forever.'

Lu 1:32 He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Highest; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David

Acts 2:29 “Men and brethren, let me speak freely to you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his tomb is with us to this day. 30 Therefore, being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him that of the fruit of his body, according to the flesh, He would raise up the Christ to sit on his throne, 31 he, foreseeing this, spoke concerning the resurrection of the Christ, that His soul was not left in Hades, nor did His flesh see corruption. 32 This Jesus God has raised up, of which we are all witnesses. 33 Therefore being exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He poured out this which you now see and hear. 34 For David did not ascend into the heavens, but he says himself: 'The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at My right hand, 35 Till I make Your enemies Your footstool.” ' 36 “Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.

The promise was for God to send a human being of the seed of David into the world that would not see corruption but would receive eternal life and be an eternal king over David’s throne. Jesus was the MAN of which we are to believe FULFILLED that promise.

YHWH our heavenly Father is intelligent and powerful enough to bring salvation unto man through ONE MAN, JUST AS scriptures does in fact tell us. Jesus is our savior but it is only because of the planning and power of the heavenly Father YHWH, that he is.

Once again I would like to stress that what is important is that we believe that Jesus was TRULY FLESH, not part flesh or fully flesh but also fully God (complete nonsene IMO), but strictly JUST flesh! What is important is that we believe that Jesus is the Messiah that was promised long ago to come, that Messiah being a human being of the seed of David.

Lu 2:11 For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who
    is Christ the Lord.

Joh 4:42 Then they said to the woman, “Now we believe, not because of what you said, for we ourselves have heard Him and we know that this is indeed the Christ, the Savior of the world.”

Ac 5:31 Him God has exalted to His right hand to be Prince and Savior, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins.

Ac 13:23 From this man's seed, according to the promise, God raised up for Israel a Savior–Jesus–

1 John 4:14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son as Savior of the world. 15 Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. 16 And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.

What does it mean to confess that Jesus IS the Son of God? That Jesus is 1/3 of God, part of some trinity god? NO!

We confess that Jesus is the Christ, the Messiah that was promised to come. Believing in this means that we have Faith in YHWH our heavenly Father that He can and does fulfill His promises, that He can carry out His plans. We believe that our Father raised Jesus from the dead, and that we have Faith according to our Father's promise that we too will be like Jesus, going from mortality into immortality.

Ro 8:11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

Ga 3:17 And this I say, that the law, which was four hundred and thirty years later, cannot annul the covenant that was confirmed before by God in Christ, that it should make the promise of no effect.

Ga 3:19 What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was appointed through angels by the hand of a mediator.

There exists NO promise that YHWH would send down some pre-existing son, some spirit son or god the son. The promise was that by the SEED of David God would raise up a MAN to be His Son.

Once again katjo said, “Jesus had to be God so that He could pay our debt.”

Scripture however says,

Mt 1:21 And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.”

Re 1:5 and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood,

Jesus is not the One True God, he is the promised human Messiah, and he is the first MAN to be raised from the dead to receive immortality. He was able to wash away our sins because he was a SINLESS MAN!

Acts 2:22 “Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst, as you yourselves also know– 23 Him, being delivered by the determined purpose and foreknowledge of God, you have taken by lawless hands, have crucified, and put to death; 24 whom God raised up, having loosed the pains of death, because it was not possible that He should be held by it.

Eph 4:13 till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ

Greetings Jodi……What a barage of reprinted scripture….What is the point?….K is looking for some, from the heart answers that may or may not be true but will represent what you believe to be truth….with reservation that you could be wrong….

Anonymous
    Inactive

hello. that still doesnt answer my questions on the post before or the one I put on before on Rev. Can you not tell me what these scriptures mean?
    God Bless

Cindy
    Participant

katjo   John 8:58  That means that Jesus was brought forth before the World was.  He was the firstborn over all creation/
    Col, 12:15-17
    Rev.3:14
    And Jesus said to His Father after the resurrection in
    John 17:5  ” And now O Father glory Me together with the glory I had with Yourself before the World was.”
    John !:1  In the beginning was the Word and the Word was God and the Word was with God.

In verse 14  And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us.  

Jon 10:30  You first have to go to verse 29 when it says that the Father is greater then All; and that includes Jesus.  When Jesus said my Father and I are one. Just like we are with the Father and Son, through God's  Spirit.  God's Holy Spirit that unifies us all. We become one with all.  Also with other Christians that have the truth.  
    1 Corinth.. 15 tells us that after all have been made subject to Jesus,He will give His Kingdom back to the Father, so all can be all in God.  Right now there are just a few
    , but after the Millennium who are God's Children all are one big Family of God.
    John 13: 19  You need to go back to verse 1-19 Jesus  said that He will wash all the Apostles feet.   And so should we.  It is a humbling experience.  It was Passover time and Jesus knew who would betray Him. You do know that there were those that did not believe in Him, and that is why He said in verse 19 that He was, who He said He was.
    You read these first, I am really not feeling to good today, I had a big Weekend, so I will give the other Scriptures you quoted later if you wish.
    Peace and Love Irene

P.S. I hope that this Post of mine is not being ignored like so many have been, it will be the last time I will bother with all. Irene

Anonymous
    Inactive

NICK-God's right hand” in prophecy refers to the Messiah to whom is given the power and authority to subdue His enemies (Psalm 110:1; Psalm 118:16). We find a quote in Matthew 22:44 from Psalm 110:1, which is a Messianic Psalm. “The Son of David” is claimed by the LORD Jesus Christ as He is the “greater son of David” or the Messiah. In this passage of Matthew 22, Jesus questions the Pharisees about who they think the “Christ” or the Messiah is. “While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them, Saying, What think ye of Christ? Whose son is He? They say unto him, The Son of David. He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make Thine enemies thy footstool? If David then call Him Lord, how is He his son?” (Matthew 22:41-45). The position of the Messiah is at God's right hand.

The fact that Jesus Christ is at the “right hand of God” was a sign to the disciples that Jesus had indeed gone to heaven. In John 16:7-15, Jesus told the disciples that He had to go away and He would send the Holy Spirit. So the coming of the Holy Spirit in the upper room on the day of Pentecost (Acts 2:1-13) was proof positive that Jesus was indeed in heaven seated at the right hand of God. This is confirmed in Romans 8:34 where the Apostle Paul writes that Christ is sitting at God's right hand making intercession for us.

Therefore, what we can say is that “God's right hand” refers to the Messiah, the LORD Jesus Christ and He is of equal position, honor, power and authority with God (John 1:1-5). The fact that Christ is “sitting” refers to the fact that His work of redemption is done and when the fullness of the gentiles is brought in (Romans 11:25), Christ's enemies will be made His footstool as the end of the age comes, all prophecy is completed, and time is no more.

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 442 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account