Does Scripture State Flesh Can't enter heaven?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ June 26 2011,19:52)
    Mike,

My question was an answer if you believe human beings have bodies of flesh and bone in the new earth as the new earth is part of the reign of God.

Kerwin,

You and Pierre bring up a good point. Perhaps flesh and blood will be a thing of the past after the 2nd resurrection, since God will dwell among us.

Let me think and pray on it.

terraricca
    Participant

Kerwin and Mike

Ps 22:27 All the ends of the earth
    will remember and turn to the LORD,
    and all the families of the nations
    will bow down before him,

Ps 33:5 The LORD loves righteousness and justice;
    the earth is full of his unfailing love.
    Ps 33:8 Let all the earth fear the LORD?
    let all the people of the world revere him.
    Ps 33:14 from his dwelling place he watches
    all who live on earth—

Ps 69:34 Let heaven and earth praise him,
    the seas and all that move in them,
    Ps 71:20 Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter,
    you will restore my life again;
    from the depths of the earth
    you will again bring me up.
    Ps 72:6 He will be like rain falling on a mown field,
    like showers watering the earth.
    Ps 72:8 He will rule from sea to sea
    and from the River to the ends of the earth.
    Ps 72:19 Praise be to his glorious name forever;
    may the whole earth be filled with his glory.
    Amen and Amen.

Ps 82:8 Rise up, O God, judge the earth,
    for all the nations are your inheritance.
    Ps 83:18 Let them know that you, whose name is the LORD—
    that you alone are the Most High over all the earth.
    Ps 85:11 Faithfulness springs forth from the earth,
    and righteousness looks down from heaven.
    Ps 89:11 The heavens are yours, and yours also the earth;
    you founded the world and all that is in it.

Ps 104:5 He set the earth on its foundations;
    it can never be moved.
    Ps 104:9 You set a boundary they cannot cross;
    never again will they cover the earth.
    Ps 104:13 He waters the mountains from his upper chambers;
    the earth is satisfied by the fruit of his work.

Ps 104:30 When you send your Spirit,
    they are created,
    and you renew the face of the earth.

Ps 115:16 The highest heavens belong to the LORD,
    but the earth he has given to man.

Isa 24:1 See, the LORD is going to lay waste the earth
    and devastate it;
    he will ruin its face
    and scatter its inhabitants—
    Isa 24:3 The earth will be completely laid waste
    and totally plundered.
    The LORD has spoken this word.
    Isa 24:4 The earth dries up and withers,
    the world languishes and withers,
    the exalted of the earth languish.
    Isa 24:5 The earth is defiled by its people;
    they have disobeyed the laws,
    violated the statutes
    and broken the everlasting covenant.
    Isa 24:6 Therefore a curse consumes the earth;
    its people must bear their guilt.
    Therefore earth’s inhabitants are burned up,
    and very few are left

Isa 25:8 he will swallow up death forever.
    The Sovereign LORD will wipe away the tears
    from all faces;
    he will remove the disgrace of his people
    from all the earth

Mt 5:5 Blessed are the meek,
    for they will inherit the earth.

Isa 65:17 “Behold, I will create
    new heavens and a new earth.
    The former things will not be remembered,
    nor will they come to mind.

Isa 66:1 This is what the LORD says:
    “Heaven is my throne,
    and the earth is my footstool

Isa 66:22 “As the new heavens and the new earth that I make will endure before me,” declares the LORD, “so will your name and descendants endure.

Isa 45:18 For this is what the LORD says—
    he who created the heavens,
    he is God;
    he who fashioned and made the earth,
    he founded it;
    he did not create it to be empty,
    but formed it to be inhabited—
    he says:
    “I am the LORD,
    and there is no other.

please read it well ,

Pierre

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ June 27 2011,08:17)

Quote (kerwin @ June 27 2011,16:27)

Quote (terraricca @ June 26 2011,11:00)
    Kerwin

1Co 15:35 But someone may ask, “How are the dead raised? With what kind of body will they come?”
    1Co 15:36 How foolish! What you sow does not come to life unless it dies.

so the flesh as to die and this is the only way to be clothed with the new  and so be changed (for those who belong in Christ with a heavenly call)144k

Pierre

Pierre,

Do you believe those that inherit the new earth have flesh and bone bodies?

kerwin

first let see what scripture says;Rev 21:1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

it talks about the new earth and new heaven both are made after the judgement of the second dead,
    so at this point it is right to think that all wickedness is gone,
    but all have been resurrected right either in the first or second resurrection ,right ? yes

so all who will be living on earth is there and present ,we all have received a new body of flesh and blood ,bones ,but perfect body ,a body that works like Adam body keep us healthy,and the condition and food around us will be just what it needs to live forever,our spirit working inside the will of God
    God who makes all thing new,in one word PARADISE,

for those who are called to be with Christ well they be like angels and are receiving the appropriate body to fit in their new environment.

Rev 21:2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.

then the 144k what to me is the new Jerusalem is coming down to us on earth and we will see them full of glory

Pierre

Pierre,

Assuming you are correct then it seems reasonable to conclude at those human beings that inherit the new earth are resurrected in flesh and bone bodies just like the ones Jesus had in the presence of his disciples.

It is my understanding you believe Jesus also was resurrected in a flesh and bone body then transformed on ascended to heaven.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 27 2011,08:30)

Mike,

My question was an answer if you believe human beings have bodies of flesh and bone in the new earth as the new earth is part of the reign of God.

Kerwin,

You and Pierre bring up a good point.  Perhaps flesh and blood will be a thing of the past after the 2nd resurrection, since God will dwell among us.

A good idea for all of us to do. May God be our guide.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Rena @ June 25 2011,18:34)

Quote (kerwin @ June 25 2011,15:59)
    To all,

In one context it is the spirit that inherits the reign of God and not any kind of body but I have doubts that is the context being used in 2 Corinthians.  

I did not want to addresss that particular issue beyond pointing out that it does not state “heaven”, “enter”, or the types of flesh and blood.

Sorry Kerwin, were going a bit off topic in your thread.
    But I think defining the word `flesh is a start maybe.

Rena,

I know the common Greek word translated flesh in that verse is the same one translated flesh earlier in chapter 15 when Paul writes “not all flesh is the same”.

The fact he made the point about different kinds of flesh seems to clearly indicate it has some importance to his conclusion.

I believe Paul's point about inheriting the reign of God must also be relevant to the resurrection.

terraricca
    Participant

Kerwin

Pierre,

Assuming you are correct then it seems reasonable to conclude at those human beings that inherit the new earth are resurrected in flesh and bone bodies just like the ones Jesus had in the presence of his disciples.

It is my understanding you believe Jesus also was resurrected in a flesh and bone body then transformed on ascended to heaven.

————–
    Your Fellow Student,

Kerwin

I pointed out to you that in revelation 21 ,all men have been already resurrected either from the first or second resurrection and the judgement had already taking place,so the body we have recieved to live on earth is the same that we have now but perfect,without blame and sin ,

the body we receive will be glorified by the will of God that we apply in our mind ,heart,and actions,LOVE for God being the rule.
    at this point we all would have reach the knowledge required to do so NOW WE WOULD BE TOTALLY EQUIPED TO LIVE ACCORDING TO THE SPIRIT (WILL)OF GOD AND IN HIS IMAGE.(ALL WICKETNES WOULD HAVE BEEN DESTROYED PRIOR TO THIS) ,not like Adam he was not glorified in the spirit ,time in action was the missing link,

so the body of Christ that he took at his resurrection as nothing to do with our resurrection beside the fact that we are in a similar way be resurrected.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME ?

Pierre

Istari
    Participant

Mikeboll,

'Let me think and pray on this'…

Your problem is THINKING AT ALL.

Where in Scriptures does it speak of ANY OTHER TYPE OF FLESH at the resurrection?

'And how will the DEAD BE RAISED…' – the Scripture writer was speaking to the Corinthian hard heads who ASKED HIM, 'With what bodies will the DEAD BE RAISED?'

Paul called them 'FOOLS' because they did not understand WHAT TYPE OF BODY THE RESUTRECTED ONES WOULD BE IN….!!!

Mike, DO YOU KNOW WHAT type of BODY the resurrected ones will be in?

Yes, Mike, a SPIRITUAL BODY…

Mike, who was Paul telling that the THEY WOULD BE RAISED IN SPIRITUAL BODIES?

Yes, Mike, the hard headed 'FOOLS' of the CORINTHIANS – YES Mike, THEM.

Did Paul distinguish the ELECT from the rest of those who will be BELIEVERS? No…!

So your THREE TYPES OF BODIES … Your cullinder seive-like body of thought doesn't hold water – (water means truth!)

The dead body… The flesh body… And the Spiritual body… Mike you are making Ill invented connections in the SAME WAY THAT TRINITARIANS make Ill invented connections between God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit: yes, they all exist, yes they are all spoken of, yes they are mentioned – roughly speaking- together, yes they are one -but the link is self made…)

Scriptures does not speak of the TRINITY OF FLESH that you just invented.
    You do this from DESPARATION of DECEIT… Mikeboll your are a DECEITFULL PERSON CONCERNING THIS THREAD topic..

Mike, praying in DECEIT is not a good thing.
    You are PRAYING FOR AN ANSWER that says your DECEITFUL THOUGHTS are CORRECT…

Mike, do you think this is WISE… : Asking God to ENDORSE YOUR DECEIT??

The ordinary every day Godseeking but hardheaded CORINTHIANS asked Paul, 'With what type of Body will the dead (In Christ) be raised?'
    Paul's answer was that the bodies (of the dead in Christ) will be raised Glorified, undying, Incorruptible…:Spiritual…

You, Mikeboll, corrupt the word of the honourable Saint changing the word SPIRITUAL into SPIRIT to make a deceitful claim – just to say 'Istari is wrong'

Mike, your unbelief is not about error in reading Scriptures – it is in your didhonsrable desire to say 'Istari is Wrong'…

Mike, when you LIE to the HOLY SPIRIT bad things will happen to you (Go down to Sheol and ask Ananais and his wife!
    You act pious when you claim to be 'praying for guidance' because you fully realise you are going the wrong way down the road of truth: yes Mike, you are EVEN DRIVING BACKWARDS the RIGHT WAY down that one way street of truth… Backwards because you cannot Turn round – you can only RETRACE BACK DOWN THE ROAD…

See, your now saying that the dead IN PARADISE will be in flesh and bone bodies – where is that DINGINGUISHED at the RESSURECTION, Mike: show the Scripture?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ June 27 2011,00:26)

Mike,

Kerwin,

You and Pierre bring up a good point.  Perhaps flesh and blood will be a thing of the past after the 2nd resurrection, since God will dwell among us.

A good idea for all of us to do.  May God be our guide.

Hi Kerwin,

I re-read Rev 21 and 22.  It seems to me that the Kingdom of God will indeed be among mankind.  But angels guard the gates, and it is not said that anyone of flesh will enter.  

It is said that those who “wash their robes” and have a right to the tree of life will be allowed to go through the gates into the city.  To me this sounds like certain righteous people from the outside will have their lowly, flesh, mortal bodies transformed into immortal spiritual bodies if deemed worthy to enter through the gates and eat of the tree of life.

I don't see anything to support different kinds of “human flesh”, or anything that would contradict Paul's statement that flesh cannot enter the Kingdom of God.

Give it a read and tell me what you think.  Pierre too.

peace,
    mike

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ June 28 2011,00:45)
    Kerwin

Pierre,

————–
    Your Fellow Student,

Kerwin

I pointed out to you that in revelation 21 ,all men have been already resurrected either from the first or second resurrection and the judgement had already taking place,so the body we have recieved to live on earth is the same that we have now but perfect,without blame and sin ,

the body we receive will be glorified by the will of God that we apply in our mind ,heart,and actions,LOVE for God being the rule.
    at this point we all would have reach the knowledge required to do so NOW WE WOULD BE TOTALLY EQUIPED TO LIVE ACCORDING TO THE SPIRIT (WILL)OF GOD AND IN HIS IMAGE.(ALL WICKETNES WOULD HAVE BEEN DESTROYED PRIOR TO THIS) ,not like Adam he was not glorified in the spirit ,time in action was the missing link,

so the body of Christ that he took at his resurrection as nothing to do with our resurrection beside the fact that we are in a similar way be resurrected.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME ?

Pierre

Pierre,

I  do not believe I am understanding you.

Do you believe that both the first and secound resurrection has already happened as has the day of judgement?

I agree that the human body afterr the resurection will apear as the one we have now but it will be glorified and made perfect.  Jesus also had such a body.

Are you stating the body of flesh and blood we currently have suffers from blame and sin or just the results of sin being in the world?

You wrote more but that is all I am able to address at this time.

Rena
    Participant

Mike, and all, Rev 21 and 22,

I just read it, and this is how I see it.

The elect make up the Holy City Jerusalem that came down like a bride adorned for her husband. It is built with the 12 gates, which are the 12 tribes of Isreal, and 12 foundations which are the 12 Apostles.

Those on the outside – the unclean, are thrown into the lake of fire which is the second death.

I believe this is talking about now, though we cannot see the Holy City as it's in Heaven (I believe the dead go straight there if thats where theyre going). It will come down when theres a new Heaven and new Earth.

When it speaks of those outside the city, it means those in the world today who havent entered (the Heavenly Jerusalem).

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 28 2011,08:33)

Mike,

Kerwin,

Hi Kerwin,

I re-read Rev 21 and 22.  It seems to me that the Kingdom of God will indeed be among mankind.  But angels guard the gates, and it is not said that anyone of flesh will enter.  

It is said that those who “wash their robes” and have a right to the tree of life will be allowed to go through the gates into the city.  To me this sounds like certain righteous people from the outside will have their lowly, flesh, mortal bodies transformed into immortal spiritual bodies if deemed worthy to enter through the gates and eat of the tree of life.

I don't see anything to support different kinds of “human flesh”, or anything that would contradict Paul's statement that flesh cannot enter the Kingdom of God.

peace,
    mike

I am not much on Revealations as I am still learning the basics but I plan to take some time to do so. God willing that I remember and am otherwise able to do so.

Thank you for the suggestion.

I can't name one physical thing in the spiritual heaven(the real heaven not the sky heaven mentioned ocassionally in scripture), not one thing. Even hebrews says it's not made with hands meaning it's not physical otherwise the phrase not of this creation would've contradicted Genesis 1:1

11 However, when Christ came as a high priest of the good things that have come to pass, through the greater and more perfect tent not made with hands, that is, not of this creation,(Hebrews 9:11)

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ June 28 2011,10:15)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 28 2011,08:33)

Mike,

Kerwin,

Hi Kerwin,

peace,
    mike

I am not much on Revealations as I am still learning the basics but I plan to take some time to do so.   God willing that I remember and am otherwise able to do so.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Revelation 22

King James Version (KJV)

14Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

15For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

So is the city the whole reign of God?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (betweenchristendomandjws @ June 28 2011,10:36)
    I can't name one physical thing in the spiritual heaven(the real heaven not the sky heaven mentioned ocassionally in scripture), not one thing. Even hebrews says it's not made with hands meaning it's not physical otherwise the phrase not of this creation would've contradicted Genesis 1:1

11 However, when Christ came as a high priest of the good things that have come to pass, through the greater and more perfect tent not made with hands, that is, not of this creation,(Hebrews 9:11)

“not made with hands” means not made by human effort. All creation was not made with hands as there were no humans to expend such effort before they were themselves made without hands on the sixth day.

It is only the bodies of those born after Adam and Eve that were made with human hands.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ June 28 2011,22:13)

Quote (terraricca @ June 28 2011,00:45)
    Kerwin

Pierre,

————–
    Your Fellow Student,

Kerwin

DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME ?

Pierre

Pierre,

I  do not believe I am understanding you.

Do you believe that both the first and secound resurrection has already happened as has the day of judgement?

I agree that the human body afterr the resurection will apear as the one we have now but it will be glorified and made perfect.  Jesus also had such a body.

Are you stating the body of flesh and blood we currently have suffers from blame and sin or just the results of sin being in the world?

You wrote more but that is all I am able to address at this time.

Kerwin

YES,if follow the event written in revelation you can see that there are the steps that i have shown you.

I believe we suffering from our own way of corruption,and this is in general so it is sin,wickedness is sin ,men has come to the beginning of the destruction of live on earth,(not the planet)

but after the judgement we will be all declared righteous and so blameless and sinless ,for we will all being with the will (spirit)of God constantly doing what is good in his eyes.

I agree that the human body afterr the resurection will apear as the one we have now but it will be glorified and made perfect.

God will resurrect us in a perfect body, of flesh and blood ,for those who will live on the earth,but what glorifies the body is the spiritual binding with Gods will, this render us totally perfect in body and soul,

Ro 12:2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Pierre

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Rena @ June 28 2011,10:13)
    Mike, and all, Rev 21 and 22,

I just read it, and this is how I see it.

The elect make up the Holy City Jerusalem that came down like a bride adorned for her husband. It is built with the 12 gates, which are the 12 tribes of Isreal, and 12 foundations which are the 12 Apostles.

Those on the outside – the unclean, are thrown into the lake of fire which is the second death.

I believe this is talking about now, though we cannot see the Holy City as it's in Heaven (I believe the dead go straight there if thats where theyre going). It will come down when theres a new Heaven and new Earth.

When it speaks of those outside the city, it means those in the world today who havent entered (the Heavenly Jerusalem).

Please consider those two scriptures in the context of Isaiah 66 as that is a summary of the times upto and including those foretold in Revelations 21 and 22.

kerwin
    Participant

Pierre,

This is what you posted to me quoting my portions of my prior post to you.

Quote (terraricca @ June 28 2011,12:14)

YES,if follow the event written in revelation you can see that there are the steps that i have shown you.

I believe we suffering from our own way of corruption,and this is in general so it is sin,wickedness is sin ,men has come to the beginning of the destruction of live on earth,(not the planet)

but after the judgement we will be all declared righteous and so blameless and sinless ,for we will all being with the will (spirit)of God constantly doing what is good in his eyes.

I agree that the human body afterr the resurection will apear as the one we have now but it will be glorified and made perfect.

God will resurrect us in a perfect body, of flesh and blood ,for those who will live on the earth,but what glorifies the body is the spiritual binding with Gods will, this render us totally perfect in body and soul,

Ro 12:2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Pierre

My understanding of Revelations is limited so please explain what you have come to explain and quote the scriptures it was revealed to you through.  Thank you!

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Rena @ June 27 2011,22:13)

Hi Rena,

You are speaking of 21:6-8, right?  I'm speaking of 22:14-15.  Read that part and tell me what you think………..or did I misunderstand some of your post?  

peace and love,
    mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ June 27 2011,22:38)

Is heaven the “whole reign of God” right now? :)

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 29 2011,10:26)

Quote (kerwin @ June 27 2011,22:38)

Is heaven the “whole reign of God” right now?  :)

Mike,

I believe that depends on context.  At for the present I believe this passage from Jesus will aid us.

Luke 7:28

King James Version (KJV)

28For I say unto you, Among those that are born of women there is not a greater prophet than John the Baptist: but he that is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he.

So considering Paul's words about those that inherit the kingdom of God was he speaking in the same context as Jesus?

You might want to read the end of Isaiah 66 as I believe it has bearing or Revelation 22:14-14 as well as on why the lake of fire is called Gehenna.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account