Does Scripture State Flesh Can't enter heaven?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Rena

Ex 34:14 For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:KJV

Ex 34;14 For ye shall not worship strange gods, for the Lord God, a jealous name, is a jealous God; 15 LXX version

Ex 34:14 Do not worship any other god, for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.NIV 1984

Ex 34:14 for thou shalt worship no other god: for Jehovah, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:ASV

KJV – Exd 34:14 – For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name [is] Jealous, [is] a jealous God:
    © Info: – King James Version 1769 Info

NKJV – Exd 34:14 – “(for you shall worship no other god, for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God),
    © Info: – New King James Version © 1982 Thomas Nelson

NLT – Exd 34:14 – You must worship no other gods, for the LORD, whose very name is Jealous, is a God who is jealous about his relationship with you.
    © Info: – New Living Translation © 2007 Tyndale House Foundation

NIV – Exd 34:14 – Do not worship any other god, for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.
    © Info: – The Holy Bible, New International Version© 1973, 1978, 1984 International Bible Society

ESV – Exd 34:14 – (for you shall worship no other god, for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God),
    © Info: – English Standard Version © 2001, 2007 Crossway Bibles

RVR – Exd 34:14 – Porque no te has de inclinar a ningún otro dios, pues Jehová, cuyo nombre es Celoso, Dios celoso es.
    © Info: – Reina-Valera © 1960 Sociedades Bíblicas en América Latina

NASB – Exd 34:14 – —for you shall not worship any other god, for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God—
    © Info: – New American Standard Bible © 1995 Lockman Foundation

RSV – Exd 34:14 – (for you shall worship no other god, for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God),
    © Info: – Revised Standard Version © 1947, 1952.

ASV – Exd 34:14 – for thou shalt worship no other god: for Jehovah, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:
    © Info: – American Standard Version 1901 Info

YNG – Exd 34:14 – for ye do not bow yourselves to another god — for Jehovah, whose name [is] Zealous, is a zealous God.
    © Info: – Robert Young Literal Translation 1862, 1887, 1898 Info

DBY – Exd 34:14 – For thou shalt worship no other God; for Jehovah — Jealous is his name — is a jealous God;
    © Info: – J.N.Darby Translation 1890 Info

WEB – Exd 34:14 – For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name [is] Jealous, [is] a jealous God:
    © Info: – Noah Webster Version 1833 Info

HNV – Exd 34:14 – for you shall worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.
    © Info: – Hebrew Names Version 2000 Info

VUL – Exd 34:14 – noli adorare deum alienum Dominus Zelotes nomen eius Deus est aemulator
    © Info: – Jerome's Latin Vulgate 405 A.D. Info

WLC – Exd 34:14 – כִּי לֹא תִֽשְׁתַּחֲוֶה לְאֵל אַחֵר כִּי יְהוָה קַנָּא שְׁמֹו אֵל קַנָּא הֽוּא׃
    © Info: – Jerome's Latin Vulgate 405 A.D. Info

LXX – Exd 34:14 – οὐ γὰρ μὴ προσκυνήσητε θεῷ ἑτέρῳ ὁ γὰρ κύριος ὁ θεὸς ζηλωτὸν ὄνομα θεὸς ζηλωτής ἐστιν

© Info

which version is wrong ?

Pierre

Istari
    Participant

TK,

Pray tell what you are talking about?

What are you claiming that I said against you?

Rena
    Participant

Terrarica you have to look at the original words which were Hebrew.

The closest you will get to the original words and their original meanings is the YLT (Youngs Literal Translation) – and you will see in your list – that in the YLT it is Zealous.

Zealous in a Dictionary means this…

zealous – active interest excitement and enthusiasm.

-passionate, earnest, burning, spirited, keen, devoted, eager, militant, ardent, fanatical, fervent, impassioned, fervid, diligent.

I think Gods `jealousy would be a lot different than we experience it.

Do you really think that an all powerfull God the creator of the whole universe is jealous if man bows down to a useless piece of wood? Jealous of what? The piece of wood?

God has so much love for his people that he is Zealous for them, he loves them intensely, and doesn't want them to go after other gods or other things that are useless to them, they cannot save them or help them, only corrupt their minds and hearts away from God and God doesn't want that. So `Jealous – but only because God wants whats best and in our interest.

I was trying to explain that to somebody for ages. When you love somebody – if someone comes along and takes up all their time and you know the person is getting at their head and taking them away from you, then you love them so much your angry because they won't hear or understand you. You know whats best for them. Thats being zealous plus jealous. And then you stand back later when you see what the person has done to the person you used to know and love so much and what do you feel? Sad, that they didn't hear you. That they discounted all you TRIED to tell them.

To me thats being jealous and zealous.
    It's like seeing your child in danger and you TRY to tell them to stay away, but they won't hear you. They won't listen, they won't stay away. You only want whats best for them.

Rena
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ June 25 2011,15:59)
    To all,

In one context it is the spirit that inherits the reign of God and not any kind of body but I have doubts that is the context being used in 2 Corinthians.  

I did not want to addresss that particular issue beyond pointing out that it does not state “heaven”, “enter”, or the types of flesh and blood.

Sorry Kerwin, were going a bit off topic in your thread.
    But I think defining the word `flesh is a start maybe.

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Quote (Istari @ June 25 2011,22:57)
    TK,

Pray tell what you are talking about?

What are you claiming that I said against you?

Istari: My bad! My mistake. I did not mean to include you in my response to Ed. I'll try to be more careful in the furure. I appologize! TK

terraricca
    Participant

rena

Terrarica you have to look at the original words which were Hebrew.

The closest you will get to the original words and their original meanings is the YLT (Youngs Literal Translation) – and you will see in your list – that in the YLT it is Zealous.

Zealous in a Dictionary means this…

zealous – active interest excitement and enthusiasm.

-passionate, earnest, burning, spirited, keen, devoted, eager, militant, ardent, fanatical, fervent, impassioned, fervid, diligent.

and you mean thats the reasons why God do not want that we worship any other God than him ????

and witch Hebrew version ? is the LXX Greek not good ?

Pierre

kerwin
    Participant

To all,

Off topic.

Jealous has two meanings in English you seem to be discussing.  God is intolerant of rivalry or unfaithfulness.

God is not “disposed to suspect rivalry or unfaithfulness” as he knows all things.

Humans that are “disposed to suspect rivalry or unfaithfulness” are disposed to be false witnesses.  Being a false witness violates the law of love your neighbor as yourself.

Even with the first meaning there are situations when being jealous are a sin as sometime rivalry is a good thing.

Enough written on this subject.  If you wish to further discuss it then please start a new thread.

I would appreciate further posts being on topic.

Istari
    Participant

Kerwin,

“Flesh and Blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God”

So what CAN inherit the Kingdom of God?

Rena
    Participant

Terrarica, we'll leave it for now. Kerwin is right we are going off topic.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Rena @ June 26 2011,17:02)
    Terrarica, we'll leave it for now. Kerwin is right we are going off topic.

ok

:)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ June 23 2011,23:02)
    So what we have is that {All / Some) flesh and blood cannot come into possession of the God’s reign.

Hi Kerwin,

What scripture makes you think that “certain kinds of flesh” CAN inherit God's Kingdom?  If it said “DOGS can't inherit God's Kingdom”, would you consider that to mean “only certain kinds of DOGS”?  If so, then why?  

Is it necessary to write the word “all” when the meaning is “all”?  Nope.  It would however, be necessary to write the word “some” if the meaning WASN'T “all”.  So if the writer meant to say that only certain kinds of dogs can't inherit God's Kingdom, then he would have clarified that; because he would have known that by writing only the word “DOGS”, the reader would naturally assume “ALL DOGS”.

peace,
    mike

terraricca
    Participant

Kerwin

1Co 15:35 But someone may ask, “How are the dead raised? With what kind of body will they come?”
    1Co 15:36 How foolish! What you sow does not come to life unless it dies.

so the flesh as to die and this is the only way to be clothed with the new and so be changed (for those who belong in Christ with a heavenly call)144k

Pierre

Tim Kraft
    Participant

In order to find the truth of God today one must be born again. Re-created mentally! Mind must be changed from physical service unto God to spiritual truth through understanding the parables, dreams and visions of the teachings of Christ.

Jesus taught in parables that “seeing they(the Jews)may not see, and hearing they may not hear” that it be as written, they see with their eyes and hear with their ears but have no understanding in their hearts that they might be saved.

Seeing and hearing is physical, understanding is spiritual. The blind eyes that were opened were mostly in those without understanding!
    Hearing is the same. Seeing and hearing is physical in things/doctrines of the earth but in heavenly doctrines/words it is through understanding. That they may hear with hearing ears, and see with seeing eyes and turn (repent) and be healed/saved/cleansed etc.!

The old temple worship was physical. It supported a physical temple made with hands. It required physical service and physical sacrifices for cleansing of the worshipers. The physical ot service unto God/Heaven/Spirit is passed, the new way to God is through spirit words from Jesus. The physical Baptism lead us to the spiritual Baptism of Christ. Emersion in spirit water of the words of God. Only spirit can see/understand God. Those that worship in spirit of truth are the true worshipers of God.

Flesh and blood or physical service of the old testament cannot enter/see/understand God. Wash your mind with spirit words of God through Jesus and you enter the kingdom or become one with the kingdom of SPIRIT!! We do not fight against flesh and blood, human beings, sons of God! We fight against spiritual wickedness in high places. Darkness attempting to cover the light. Lies and deceptions attempting to stear you wrong or stray you from the truth. Spirit wickedness is against spiritual healing. Spiritual lies distort the spiritual truth of God. We are in a mind war for spiritual truth of God not lies and deceptions of old physical religion!! IMO, TK

Istari
    Participant

Tim,

In regard to you last post – you are fully correct.

There are those who cannot see with Spiritual Eyes and see only with Physical Eyes.

They see the world through restrictions – 'can not do' Minds.

The Flesh is restricted to boundaries – the Spirit has No boundaries – it goes where it Wills.
    It is here – it is there – it is EVERYWHERE…
    But – when it comes 'down' into the physical world it is constrained by the nature of the physical world and the SENSES of those in the Physical world.
    The Spirit builds a 'Body' around itself to CONTAIN ITSELF so as to appear IN BODILY FORM to Mankind so Mankind can SENSE IT AND NOT BE AWESTRUCK BY THE MAJESTY AND POWER.

Suppose you saw an UNCLOTHED SPIRIT – it's power would overwhelm you – but not kill you – God does not permit and Angel to kill without authority so if you did die it could ONLY BE on the orders of God! But the Angel could inflict debilitating injuries on you just by touching you – body of flesh – for Angels are Flames of Fire – Balls of tremendous ENERGY – rushing Wind … They can be ANYTHING PERCEIVABLE by mankind.
    E=MC^2
    Mass (Body of material) is ENERGY squashed into tangible form.
    Energy – is released when matter is completely released in one go!
    Forces of attraction HOLD matter together to form a BODY that STAYS TOGETHER – moves together – forms a single unit. That is why a BODY is so called.

The ENERGY required to form that body is HUGE. the attentive forces are tremendous.
    The MIND – the SPIRIT – the INTELLIGENCE – required to make use of that body desires that body to retain itself so SUSTAINS IT for as long as required in the physical world.

The physical world is held together through God's Spirit.
    Animals are 'Simple creations' that inhabit and populate and give scenic LIFE to the world – gives it purpose. Mankind is a product of God in his Image to MANAGE (Husband) the world – and we are given licence to CREATE within the Confines of this flesh restricted world.
    By the way, ignore Mikeboll who thinks that FLESH is only pertaining to 'Meat'. Flesh can mean anything forming a body: The solid part of a body … Whether 'flesh' like animal, bird, fish, or Humsn, whether the body of a planet, star or moon… As outlined by Paul in 1 Corin 15.
    Mike restricts what he knows because Nevis trying to make a pathetic point that FLESH ONLY MEANS LIVING MEAT like human flesh)
    (of course, when I ask if FRUIT does not have FLESH he suddenly goes blind and doesn't see that post…! What gives the SUN it's FLESH, what is it MADE UP OF, what are it's SOLID PARTS – it's BODY, it's FLESH…?!)

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ June 26 2011,11:00)
    Kerwin

1Co 15:35 But someone may ask, “How are the dead raised? With what kind of body will they come?”

so the flesh as to die and this is the only way to be clothed with the new  and so be changed (for those who belong in Christ with a heavenly call)144k

Pierre

Pierre,

Do you believe those that inherit the new earth have flesh and bone bodies?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 26 2011,10:11)

Quote (kerwin @ June 23 2011,23:02)
    So what we have is that {All / Some) flesh and blood cannot come into possession of the God’s reign.

Hi Kerwin,

What scripture makes you think that “certain kinds of flesh” CAN inherit God's Kingdom?  If it said “DOGS can't inherit God's Kingdom”, would you consider that to mean “only certain kinds of DOGS”?  If so, then why?  

Is it necessary to write the word “all” when the meaning is “all”?  Nope.  It would however, be necessary to write the word “some” if the meaning WASN'T “all”.  So if the writer meant to say that only certain kinds of dogs can't inherit God's Kingdom, then he would have clarified that; because he would have known that by writing only the word “DOGS”, the reader would naturally assume “ALL DOGS”.

peace,
    mike

Mike,

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Istari @ June 26 2011,04:08)
    Kerwin,

“Flesh and Blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God”

So what CAN inherit the Kingdom of God?

Istari,

For starters.

John 18:36

New International Version (NIV)

36 Jesus said, “My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place.”

and

John 4:24

New International Version (NIV)

24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ June 26 2011,16:28)
    Mike,

Hi Kerwin,

I believe they WILL have flesh and bone bodies.  But who really knows what the new earth will be like?  Perhaps our bodies will be made of helium.  :)

I personally think that only our consciences will be raised at first.  And then the memories that constitute who we are will either be given a flesh body, a spiritual body, or destroyed – depending on how we are judged for what we did in this life.

I see no reason for God to raise me in a flesh body if I am to either live in heaven or be destroyed forever.  But this is just my conjecture.  Perhaps there is scripture I've overlooked that sheds light on the subject?

Will you answer my point about “DOGS”?

peace,
    mike

kerwin
    Participant

Mike,

My question was an answer if you believe human beings have bodies of flesh and bone in the new earth as the new earth is part of the reign of God.

To answer your question I would assume it meant all dogs unless the context made it clear that not all dogs are the same. If the context did then I would figure there is a reason why.

Despite my original assumption could instead be speaking of generalities or according to the context of the message being imparted.

Jesus stated where the kingdom was but I forget his exact words and in what scripture it is written. Do you know it and if so can you share it.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ June 27 2011,16:27)

Quote (terraricca @ June 26 2011,11:00)
    Kerwin

so the flesh as to die and this is the only way to be clothed with the new  and so be changed (for those who belong in Christ with a heavenly call)144k

Pierre

Pierre,

kerwin

first let see what scripture says;Rev 21:1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

it talks about the new earth and new heaven both are made after the judgement of the second dead,
    so at this point it is right to think that all wickedness is gone,
    but all have been resurrected right either in the first or second resurrection ,right ? yes

so all who will be living on earth is there and present ,we all have received a new body of flesh and blood ,bones ,but perfect body ,a body that works like Adam body keep us healthy,and the condition and food around us will be just what it needs to live forever,our spirit working inside the will of God
    God who makes all thing new,in one word PARADISE,

for those who are called to be with Christ well they be like angels and are receiving the appropriate body to fit in their new environment.

Rev 21:2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.

then the 144k what to me is the new Jerusalem is coming down to us on earth and we will see them full of glory

Pierre

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account