Does anyone know the true meaning?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Texas
    Participant

Hello All!

I was looking at my Son-in Laws Boat the other day, and noticed the number 666 embodied in his Boat number. I mentioned it to my daughter, who asked me: “What does it mean?” I've often wondered the answer to that question myself,so I was hard-pressed to give her an answer. Can anyone explain to me exactly what that means? I would appreciate knowing that if anyone can answer that question; and if you can, let me thank you ahead of time! Texas!

Participant

Quote (Texas @ April 14 2009,08:41)
    Hello All!

I was looking at my Son-in Laws Boat the other day, and noticed the number 666 embodied in his Boat number. I mentioned it to my daughter, who asked me: “What does it mean?” I've often wondered the answer to that question myself,so I was hard-pressed to give her an answer. Can anyone explain to me exactly what that means? I would appreciate knowing that if anyone can answer that question; and if you can, let me thank you ahead of time! Texas!

Hi Texas:

Rev 13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
    Rev 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number [is] Six hundred threescore [and] six.

“OR THE NUMBER OF HIS NAME” “ANTICHRIST”, I think.

Jesus died between two thieves. Those who were under the law of God and those who rejected his salvation.

The number on the side of a boat or anywhere else has no significance.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

charity
    Participant

Prophesying of prophecy should be eliminated from being an acceptable explanation, and treated as an inconvenience, pests to society. ( after thoughts and effects)

the meaning of numerals at the time of the alleged word given.

that prophecy are not necessary the age of the substance they were found record on!

Texas
    Participant

Quote (charity @ April 14 2009,09:13)
    Prophesying of prophecy should be eliminated from being an acceptable explanation, and treated as an inconvenience, pests to society. ( after thoughts and effects)

that prophecy are not necessary the age of the substance they were found record on!

Hi Cindy!
    Well, it did say, “Here is where wisdom comes in”, didn't it?” Now, we know that wisdom is the correct application of aquired knowledge; and, in as much as it also said Let the one who has intelligence calculate the number of the Wild Beast” … So, that being the case, it has to be possible to figure it all out, wouldn't you say? Not that I'm able to at the moment.
    I just thought I'd take a shot in the dark to see what I could come up with. Thanks for trying anyway! Texas!

Stu
    Participant

Would you say that Genesis is wisdom about the history of the earth?

I think you can apply the same argument to both Genesis and Revelation. They are both someone's mythology, but between the writing of the former and the latter someone had discovered hallucinogens.

Stuart

charity
    Participant

Quote (Texas @ April 14 2009,09:55)

Quote (charity @ April 14 2009,09:13)

Hi Cindy!
    Well, it did say, “Here is where wisdom comes in”, didn't it?” Now, we know that wisdom is the correct application of aquired knowledge; and, in as much as it also said Let the one who has intelligence calculate the number of the Wild Beast” … So, that being the case, it has to be possible to figure it all out, wouldn't you say? Not that I'm able to at the moment.
    I just thought I'd take a shot in the dark to see what I could come up with. Thanks for trying anyway! Texas!

wild goose hunt, treasure hunts keep children so busy, they strive to be the first to find the reward that only one parent decides and sets up.. using all the modified ideas of his parents before him.

hehe….. hey Im a girl….I am just me charity…not cindy

:D

Admin
    Keymaster

Moved to bible prophecy as 666 is a prophecy in Revelation 13.

Cindy
    Participant

Texas

v. 18   “Here is wisdom. Let him that has understanding count the number of the beast: (the beast out of the earth) for it is the number of a man; and his number is six hundred threescore and six.”

The number of a man, the number of his name, a name could also be a title. The pope has a crown, a triple crown, called the “tiara”. On it is an inscription in Latin: VICARIVS  FILII  DEI, which means, “vicar of the Son of God”. Some Latin letters also have a numerical value,

V     I     C     A     R     I     V     S    –    F     I     L     I     I    –    D     E     I
    5     1   100    0      0     1     5     0           0     1    50    1    1        500   0     1 = 666

To help identify that man, whose name is that number; is the only significance of that number.

Georg

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account