Do you think the suffering you go through is caused by God?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi All:

Thanks for sharing your your experiences and the trials of your faith with me.  I have shared my personal testimony under that thread.

The scripture states that as Jesus was in this world so are those who are his disciples, and we know he things that he suffered in our behalf.  The scripture states that all who live Godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution, and that we can expect if we are obeying God.

But in my case some of the suffering that I have gone through is because I made some bad decisions.  Nevertheless, I know that God has said that he will use me as a Bishop or overseer in the church in this last day, and if he said it, I know that he also able to perform it although I have been waiting almost 27 years, and I used to get anxious about the manifistation of what he has said to me, but I have learned to be patient knowing that he does things in his timing and not in mine.

Also, some suffering where it involves our health is because we fail to take care of our bodies.

Ro 8:23
    And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

Re 21:4
    And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

God Bless

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Too much time playing frivolous sports, and working too hard, in my case.

Tim Kraft
    Participant

The Earth and all its fullness was given to mankind at the beginning. Man was given total control of Earths functions.All that existed was good/God. Man chose to believe in good and evil. Now there was God/and the illusion of evil. Evil is not in God/Truth, therefore it is a man created illusion of truth. Man could choose anything to believe as his truth. God/the absolute Truth is and will always be the undivided Truth. Now man lives his life with Truth and the illusion of truth or deception. All the information that comes avaliable to believe is God/Truth or deception of truth(some call it the Devil) In believing any form of deception there is separation from God/Truth or sin. Sin never was an action or thing done, sin is believing an illusion of Truth. Its impossible to be sepatate from an omnipresent God in Truth, but not if you choose to believe a lie/deceiver/illusion. With Love, Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TK,
    Men muse and philosophise but scripture speaks of the devil.

david
    Participant

JOB

kerwin
    Participant

Was the suffering Job went through caused by God?

I ask because Job is an example for the rest of us.

Quote (kerwin @ April 07 2009,17:19)
    Was the suffering Job went through caused by God?

I ask because Job is an example for the rest of us.

Hi Kerwin

According to some on this sight, satan is a friend of God who was sent to kill Job's family and friends and and destroy everything that he owned and afflict him with boils and sickness unto death.

Unbelievable, huh?

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    Did Satan cause the problems Job suffered?

gtwii
    Participant

God created a perfect world and put upon it a perfect immortal man, with a free will. He gave that man complete dominion over that world. He gave that man a choice and said if he disobeyed, he would die. That man disobeyed, and God told him he had brought death upon himself, and a curse upon this world, which was under his dominion. This explains our imperfect world with all its suffering. That is not in God;s perfect will.One day at His choosing, God will restore the perfect world, along with redeemed man's immortality, and destroy the cursed world, together with all unredeemed men.

terraricca
    Participant

hi gtwii
    that some it up in a nut shell,it will be hard for some to swallow.

chosenone
    Participant

Gen.1:27 And creating is the Alueim humanity in His image. In the image of Alueim He creats it. Male and female He creats them.

Notice, “And creating is the Alueim humanity”. “creating” not “created”, this is a difference many do not understand. We will be in His image when creation is finished, at the 'consummation', not at this present time.

Gen.2:9 And 'furthermore' sprouting is Ieue Alumein from the ground every tree coveted by sight and good for food, and the tree of the living in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Gen.3:6 And seeing is the woman that the tree is good for food, and that it brings a yearning to the eyes, and is to be coveted as the tree to make one intelligent. And taking is she of its fruit and is eating, and she is giving, moreover, to he husband with her, and they are eating.

Gen.3:22 And saying is Ieue Alueim, “Behold! The human becomes as one of us, knowing good and evil.
    I am assuming this is God speaking to Jesus, “The human becomes as one of “US”.

I believe that it was Gods intention that they eat of the forbidden fruit, even though they were told not to… because He said, “The human becomes as one of US”. I believe that God wanted us to to know “Good”, but we would never know 'good' if we experienced no 'evil'. The same as we would never know “Light”, if we never experienced “Darkness”. All knowledge of certain things can not be understood unless we experience its opposite.

I posted this explanation as a reason that God is making our trails, our experiencing evil, that we may fully enjoy our lot with Him when we are finally with Him in paradise.

What do you think?

Blessings.

terraricca
    Participant

Chosenone
    you should ask the question “was all the misery what this world have seen, worth it to pay??

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 15 2010,11:55)
    Chosenone
    you should ask the question “was all the misery what this world have seen, worth it to pay??

Eph.1:7-11 …7 in Whom we are having the deliverance through His blood, the forgiveness of offenses in accord with the riches of His grace,
    8 which He lavishes on us; in all wisdom and prudence
    9 making known to us the secret of His will (in accord with His delight, which He purposed in Him)
    10 to have an administration of the complement of the eras, to head up all in the Christ — both that in the heavens and that on the earth —
    11 in Him in Whom our lot was cast also, being designated beforehand according to the purpose of the One Who is operating all in accord with the counsel of His will,

I'll let this scripture give you the answer.

Blessings.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ Jan. 15 2010,16:39)

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 15 2010,11:55)
    Chosenone

Eph.1:7-11   …7 in Whom we are having the deliverance through His blood, the forgiveness of offenses in accord with the riches of His grace,
    8 which He lavishes on us; in all wisdom and prudence
    9 making known to us the secret of His will (in accord with His delight, which He purposed in Him)
    10 to have an administration of the complement of the eras, to head up all in the Christ — both that in the heavens and that on the earth —
    11 in Him in Whom our lot was cast also, being designated beforehand according to the purpose of the One Who is operating all in accord with the counsel of His will,

I'll let this scripture give you the answer.

Blessings.

Chosenone………Amen brother.

peace and pove to you and yours…………………..gene

terraricca
    Participant

CO
    I believe that it was Gods intention that they eat of the forbidden fruit, even though they were told not to… because He said, “The human becomes as one of US”. I believe that God wanted us to to know “Good”, but we would never know 'good' if we experienced no 'evil'. The same as we would never know “Light”, if we never experienced “Darkness”. All knowledge of certain things can not be understood unless we experience its opposite.

I posted this explanation as a reason that God is making our trails, our experiencing evil, that we may fully enjoy our lot with Him when we are finally with Him in paradise.

Group: Members

——————————————————————————–
    Chosenone

this was my answer to your views.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terraricca……you are right on this. I see it that way to, GOD full well knew and intended us to Experience GOOD and EVIL, because one describes the other and without having some understanding of that we would alway be just ignorant beings. I am not saying He enjoys watching us go through this process, but i do believe He feels it necessary for us to though. Ithis experience with Evil is causing us to hate it and to love the good. This is another thing we do agree on.

What chosenone is saying does not contradict that brother. IMO

terraricca
    Participant

gene

this is not my believe it is CO;chosenone

Group: Members

——————————————————————————–
    Gen.1:27 And creating is the Alueim humanity in His image. In the image of Alueim He creats it. Male and female He creats them.

Notice, “And creating is the Alueim humanity”. “creating” not “created”, this is a difference many do not understand. We will be in His image when creation is finished, at the 'consummation', not at this present time.

Gen.2:9 And 'furthermore' sprouting is Ieue Alumein from the ground every tree coveted by sight and good for food, and the tree of the living in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Gen.3:6 And seeing is the woman that the tree is good for food, and that it brings a yearning to the eyes, and is to be coveted as the tree to make one intelligent. And taking is she of its fruit and is eating, and she is giving, moreover, to he husband with her, and they are eating.

Gen.3:22 And saying is Ieue Alueim, “Behold! The human becomes as one of us, knowing good and evil.
    I am assuming this is God speaking to Jesus, “The human becomes as one of “US”.

i was just post and answer is comment.

so we don't agree on this .

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The thief comes to steal and destroy.
    Unless you repent you will all likewise perish.
    So natural men are at the mercy of their cruel god.

God stays Satan's hand at times by His sovereign choice.

Then once men enter the kingdom suffering becomes the tool God uses to purify us as if by fire.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 15 2010,13:15)
    Hi,
    The thief comes to steal and destroy.
    Unless you repent you will all likewise perish.
    So natural men are at the mercy of their cruel god.

God stays Satan's hand at times by His sovereign choice.

Then once men enter the kingdom suffering becomes the tool God uses to purify us as if by fire.

Hi Nick,
    Good point! God also prunes the branches that bear fruit so they will bear more fruit and that could feel like suffering or could be viewed as strengthening depending on your perspective.

Kathi

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To All……..No man (REPENTS) ON HIS OWN, repentance is as a result of the GRACE of GOD. GOD Takes out of of the STONY Hearts by opening up our minds to what we have done from a Godly perspective or Love perspective and it (AUTOMATICALLY CAUSES US TO REPENT). REPENTANCE IS (not) A self ACT it is a GODLY act given to us through the operation of the HOLY SPIRIT.

Here is a good example , On the day of Pentecost , Peter Preached to People who Just 40 days befor were saying crucify Him (Jesus) and when the HOLY SPIRIT was POURED our (ON) them it convicted them (IN) the Hearts, and (then) they repented and said “men and brethren what shall we do seeing we have put to death the Son of GOD. Point is this was accomplished by the work of GOD'S Spirit, not from carnal flesh, Had the Spirit not have been poured they would not have repented and would have probably killed the apostles too. IMO

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account