Did paul do away with the law?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 135 total)
  • Author

Quote (kerwin @ Nov. 04 2009,22:41)
    Worshipping Jesus wrote:

I still disagree with you. Jesus body would not see corruption because there was no sin in him.

That sounds like the way the Catholics dig up a body to determine if the individual is a Saint or not.   They are called incorruptibles.  

Still, I agree to disagree on this subject.

Worshipping Jesus wrote:

Jesus Body was as Adam before the fall which would have never died.

That is the way it should have been.

Worshipping Jesus wrote:

Jesus said no man could take his life from him but he willingly laid it down.

He could have resisted just like he could have jumped off a certain tower when Satan tempted him.

Worshipping Jesus wrote:

They killed Jesus who could have lived on forever! IMO

And so for a truly righteous man to die condemned the world as unjust in order that some would be saved.

WorshippingJesus must be Catholic, or he carries Catholic teachings in his belief system.

He was resrrected so he would NOT see corruption, saying if he would have remained in the grave he would have seen corruption. Pretty simple.

I liked your response Kerwin, I was rollin on the floor. (diggin up the bodies) I am still laughing, but you are right.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    The body of Jesus was no different to that of Adam.
    Neither was his spirit which comes from God and returns to Him.
    Even his soul was the same but instead of being ruled by satan it was ruled by God.

Jesus was a real man.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 05 2009,00:49)
    Hi WJ,
    Even his soul was the same but instead of being ruled by satan it was ruled by God.

Jesus was a real man.

Nick you and I unanimously agree on something, woohoo! :D

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Nov. 05 2009,19:47)

Quote (kerwin @ Nov. 04 2009,22:41)
    Worshipping Jesus wrote:

I still disagree with you. Jesus body would not see corruption because there was no sin in him.

That sounds like the way the Catholics dig up a body to determine if the individual is a Saint or not.   They are called incorruptibles.  

Still, I agree to disagree on this subject.

Worshipping Jesus wrote:

Jesus Body was as Adam before the fall which would have never died.

That is the way it should have been.

Worshipping Jesus wrote:

Jesus said no man could take his life from him but he willingly laid it down.

He could have resisted just like he could have jumped off a certain tower when Satan tempted him.

Worshipping Jesus wrote:

They killed Jesus who could have lived on forever! IMO

And so for a truly righteous man to die condemned the world as unjust in order that some would be saved.

WorshippingJesus must be Catholic, or he carries Catholic teachings in his belief system.

He was resrrected so he would NOT see corruption, saying if he would have remained in the grave he would have seen corruption. Pretty simple.

I liked your response Kerwin, I was rollin on the floor. (diggin up the bodies) I am still laughing, but you are right.

Hi CON,
    The body of Lazarus was expected to cause a stench after 4 days so it is not to to with being resurreceted within 3 days to prevent decay. Degradation of the body begins immediately at death. No Jesus was proven to be the one prophesied about by his resurrection.[Rom1, Acts 2]

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Nov. 05 2009,20:02)

Hi WJ,

Jesus was a real man.

Nick you and I unanimously agree on something, woohoo!  :D

So sad to say that some Worship Jesus and some to the point like myself calling my pen name Everlasting Father Jesus soon I should change it as I know better now. Maybe I should change it to Everlasting Father of Jesus :)

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Everlasting father Jesus @ Nov. 20 2009,06:38)

Hi WJ,

Jesus was a real man.

So sad to say that some Worship Jesus and some to the point like myself calling my pen name Everlasting Father Jesus soon I should change it as I know better now. Maybe I should change it to Everlasting Father of Jesus :)

That would be more accurate. Seeing one's error and seeking to make amends is a sign of a noble spirit. I am glad God has chosen to so bless you.

Quote (Everlasting father Jesus @ Nov. 19 2009,16:38)

Hi WJ,

Jesus was a real man.

He was the Father of Jesus, and to us as well.

:cool:

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Hi WJ,

Jesus was a real man.

CT…….I have to agree with Nick on that one also, some things me and him do not agree on , but this is not one of them.  He nailed right on the head, as Jodi would say.

Love and peace to you all……………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Paul wrote to those in Christ.
    They can recognise the wisdom given to him.[2Peter 3.15f]

Those of the world cannot grasp it.

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 22 2012,15:02)
    Hi,
    Paul wrote to those in Christ.
    They can recognise the wisdom given to him.[2Peter 3.15f]

2Pe 3:13 But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness.
    2Pe 3:14 So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him.
    2Pe 3:15 Bear in mind that our Lord’s patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him.
    2Pe 3:16 He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters

Those of the world cannot grasp it.

of the world ???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Having fulfilled the Law Jesus tightened the standard to perfection. Mt5
    Now it is impossible

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 14 2005,11:43)
    Salvation does not mean we automatically receive the Spirit. The Spirit is given through the laying on of hands[Acts.Heb 6]or personal prayer to the Father[Lk]. It is the Spirit that not only provides the internal Law as our teacher[1Jn 2]but also the power to obey it. Yes we are baptised into Christ but the Christ must also be born into us. We need to allow this to happen by submission to and abiding in the teaching of the Word-feeding on his flesh.
    We cannot copy Yeshua unless we are led by the Spirit[Gal 5]. By ourselves we can do nothing, but we can do all things through him who strengthens us. The old Law remains as a guide to whether the Spirit is guiding us because we will obey it if we are[though the sabbath Law was not reinforced by Yeshua].The Law remains and will not disappear but has no power to condemn or justify us who are in Yeshua.

Nick………This is a true statement brother.

What people fail to understand Paul was not talking against (THE) LAW. He was talking about the way the LAW WORKED (enforcement) the addition of the Word (THE) Makes it appear as if he is talking about the ten commandments itself, but he is not, he is talking about how it was made into a LAW or (FORCED COMPLIANCE) and men are not Justified by the way LAW (forced Compliance ) WORKS but as you have correctly said BY the Spirit of the LIVING GOD. not by power or strength but by my Spirit say the eternal

peace and love to you and yours………………………………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ,
    The OT law was given to the Jews and applies to them. Rom 3.19
    As gentiles we are outside the Law and doomed to perish. Rom 2.12
    That is why is is vital for us to become reborn into Christ Jesus Rom 3.21-31
    The Spirit will unite all people and the inner law of the Spirit then will guide us.Rom 8.1

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 25 2012,00:03)
    Hi ,
    The OT law was given to the Jews and applies to them. Rom 3.19
    As gentiles we are outside the Law and doomed to perish. Rom 2.12
    That is why is is vital for us to become reborn into Christ Jesus Rom 3.21-31
    The Spirit will unite all people and the inner law of the Spirit then will guide us.Rom 8.1

Nick,

Sounds Good!

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 135 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account