Did paul do away with the law?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 135 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    So the love of God is written there.
    So why did you say the Jewish Law was?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Tim Kraft @ Oct. 25 2009,22:23)
    Gal3:1–Oh foolish Galations, who has bewitched you that you should not obey the truth. Did you recieve the Spirit by works of the law or by the hearing withfaith? Those under the works of the Law are under a curse! Why would anyone refuse the Truth and go back to the works of the Law?                                                                                                                                                                        Matt5:17—Think not that I am come to (destroy–same greek word used, Luke9:12 that was translated, “lodge or stay in”) stay in the Law, but to fulfill (bring to full completion)!
    Matt 11:13—all the law and the prophets prophesied UNTIL John—
    Luke 16:16—the law and the prophets were UNTIL John, SINCE THEN the Kingdom of God is preached—
    Gal 3:19—the law was added UNTIL the seed (Jesus) should come–
    If you follow any part of the law you are responsible for following the whole law and the sacrifice of Jesus is of no effect! Now you all choose how you want to believe. Follow the masses who follow the law still and end in death/destruction or follow Jesus and be sanctified and cleansed through him by faith apart from works. No one will be justified by the Law!  Beware if you are tithing by law or honoring a particular sabbath day. If so you better make the necessary sacrifices for cleansing by law! TK

TK……The key here is the word (WORKS) not is the law or commandments done away with, Paul's was addressing, how they are kept not should we keep them. Do we keep them by the way (LAW) works or By the WAY the SPIRIT WORKS. That was Paul's Point , not should we or should we not keep them. 'FOR LOVE FULFILLS THE LAW” YES THE LOVE FROM GOD FULFILLS GODS COMMANDMENTS (ALL) OF THEM WITHOUT EXCEPTION. IMO

gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..What Jewish Law, the Jews have no Laws those were the Laws of GOD, not the Jews. You thinking is really screwed up if you think the ten commandments were from the Jews, Where do you get this weird stuff from. My bible shows GOD giving them not the Jews.

gene

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Oct. 26 2009,11:11)
    bodhitharta wrote:

The Law was without fault it was and is perfect, Jesus fulfilled the Law without fault and he declared:

It sounds like you got wrapped up in the letter of my words and missed the intent(spirit) behind them.  If you reread what I wrote the “flaw” I mentioned in the Law of Moses was that it did not fix a flaw that existed in human beings.   It was not meant to fix that fault since that was left for the Spirit to do when Jesus the Anointed One came and sealed the second covenant by his blood..  I hopes that clarifies what I meant.

The Spirit of God has always been available to fix that flaw.

What fixes the flaw in human beings is human beings worshiping God with all their heart , soul and mind That has been the way from the beginning.

Whatever covenant you choose you will see sin is still all around you and every person that has not followed The First and greatest commandment has failed in them all.

It is that failure that fails the second that would sum up the whole law for most do not love their neighbors.

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    God covenanted with the Jewish people and not the heathen gentiles.
    You cannot put yourself in that covenant.

The gentiles whose conscientious behaviours show the law is written on their hearts surely do so by works of love, not of obedience to the jewish Law[Rom2]

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Oct. 26 2009,09:33)

Quote (kerwin @ Oct. 26 2009,11:11)
    bodhitharta wrote:

The Law was without fault it was and is perfect, Jesus fulfilled the Law without fault and he declared:

It sounds like you got wrapped up in the letter of my words and missed the intent(spirit) behind them.  If you reread what I wrote the “flaw” I mentioned in the Law of Moses was that it did not fix a flaw that existed in human beings.   It was not meant to fix that fault since that was left for the Spirit to do when Jesus the Anointed One came and sealed the second covenant by his blood..  I hopes that clarifies what I meant.

The Spirit of God has always been available to fix that flaw.

What fixes the flaw in human beings is human beings worshiping God with all their heart , soul and mind That has been the way from the beginning.

Whatever covenant you choose you will see sin is still all around you and every person that has not followed The First and greatest commandment has failed in them all.

It is that failure that fails the second that would sum up the whole law for most do not love their neighbors.

This is the prophecy that I am going by.

Jeremiah 31:31-33(NIV) reads:

“The time is coming,” declares the LORD,
          “when I will make a new covenant
          with the house of Israel
          and with the house of Judah.

It will not be like the covenant
          I made with their forefathers
          when I took them by the hand
          to lead them out of Egypt,
          because they broke my covenant,
          though I was a husband to [d] them, [e] “
          declares the LORD.

“This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel
          after that time,” declares the LORD.
          “I will put my law in their minds
          and write it on their hearts.
          I will be their God,
          and they will be my people.

NickHassan
    Participant

Yes KW,
    The new Law of the Spirit is written on the hearts of all who are in true Israel.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 26 2009,09:57)
    Yes KW,
    The new Law of the Spirit is written on the hearts of all who are in true Israel.

In speaking about the Law we are taught.

Mark 12:33(NIV) reads:

To love him with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices.”

Romans 13:9(NIV) reads:

The commandments, “Do not commit adultery,” “Do not murder,” “Do not steal,” “Do not covet,” and whatever other commandment there may be, are summed up in this one rule: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

Galatians 5:13(NIV) reads:

The entire law is summed up in a single command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

About the Spirit it is taught.

Galatians 5:22(NIV) reads:

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

2 Timothy 1:7(NIV) reads:

For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.

They look like the same law to me though one is written on tablets of stone and the other on the tablets of the human heart.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi K,
    Was the answer Jesus gave not in reply to a question from a Jew who asked about their Law?
    If you want to know of the kingdom gentiles are offered as well you need to hear Jesus speaking to the rich young man in Mt 19.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 26 2009,16:02)
    Hi K,
    Was the answer Jesus gave not in reply to a question from a Jew who asked about their Law?
    If you want to know of the kingdom gentiles are offered as well you need to hear Jesus speaking to the rich young man in Mt 19.

I am not sure what you mean as the lesson was about the “hidden” meaning of the Law of Moses.  I just pointed out that the sum of both the Law of Moses and the Law of the Spirit is love your neighbor as yourself.  I also pointed out the difference.

The rich young man in Matthew 19 had a love affair with idolatry, in that he worshiped Money, even though he was not aware of it and Jesus called him on it.  Sadly, he did not repent of his sin.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………To say God's law are Jewish is it self blasphemous to GOD IMO, If you think for one second they were Jewish laws you are very wrong, they are GOD'S COMMANDMENTS not the Jews commandants, In fact the Jew only represented 1/13 of those present when (GOD) gave them. GOD plainly said He changes (NOT) and NOW you want us to believe He changes HIS commandments of LOVE written for all mankind. If he changed them then why fulfill them in Israel and the GENTILES . IMO

gene

georg
    Participant

Gene I do not agree with you, pleas look in “Scripture& Biblical Doctrine under:” Did Jesus abolish the law.” These are very confusing subjects and the Catholic Church wants us to believe that under the Mortal Sin we will die forever. I hope you will read what I wrote.
    Irene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Are you a Jew?
    You need to be born again into the kingdom if you are a gentile.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………You have no knowledge if I am born of Spirit or not, But if you think the commandments of GOD are for Jew only then you are grossly decieved, GOD'S commandment will never be done away with, they must (ALL) be Spiritually fulfilled in our lives. Whats is causing you to speak against the word of God the Father and Jesus. Do you think Jesus came preaching against GOD'S words. Let me repeat Jesus words to you again, “(WHOSOEVER) (you nick are a whosoever) BREAKS THE (least) of the commandments , and (TEACHES) other men to will be called the (LEAST) in the KINGDOM OF GOD”.  DO you think he was just talking to the Jew's  only.  Rather i am a Jew or not is irrelevant  , and yes YOU do need to be BORN INTO THE KINGDOM OF GOD> maybe that is your problem so you feel you can abolish GOD'S commandments as if they mean nothing interesting GOD seamed to think they were very important did He not, but you are greater then GOD and Jesus and fell free to trash them right. If they were not so important why would GOD (SPIRITUALLY) fulfill them then. The commandments of GOD were never done away with they are fulfilled through the Spirit of LOVE of GOD shed around in our hearts. Show (ONE) scripture that says GOD commandments are done away with, show the scripture not your false assumptions.

gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    When was the OT law covenanted with you?

Participant

Quote (georg @ Oct. 27 2009,05:44)
    Gene I do not agree with you, pleas look in “Scripture& Biblical Doctrine under:” Did Jesus abolish the law.”  These are very confusing subjects and the Catholic Church wants us to believe that under the Mortal Sin we will die forever.  I hope you will read what I wrote.
    Irene

No, Mrs., Jesus did not abolish the law. He fulfilled it, and we who are born again Christians fulfill the law also when we keep his commandments.

This is what Jesus said:

Mat 5:17 ¶ Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
    Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
    Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach [them], the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……What is so offensive about GOD'S commandments, to you, The covenant was not the commandments it was the agreement between Israel and GOD, when the commandments were turned into forced compliance (LAW). They said all that the LORD has said we will do, that is the covenant, that they would obey GOD. The terms of obedience has never changed (just the way they are (KEPT) HAS. ONE WAS BY WORKS OF LAW (THE WAY LAW WORKS) THE OTHER WAS BY THE WORKS OF THE SPIRIT (the way the Spirit works) IN OUR HEARTS AND MINDS. But neither does away with GOD'S ten commandments. The commandments are eternal the are the way eternal life works, they are words of Spirit and life. Jesus never spoke contrary to any of GOD'S Laws. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them shall be called great in the kingdom of GOD. Now Nick does that sound like there done away with to you.

gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Offensive ? Not at all I love it all.
    But it was never given to me as I am of gentile stock.
    You and I are among those due to perish without that law till Jesus came to offer salvation.

georg
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 27 2009,10:06)

Quote (georg @ Oct. 27 2009,05:44)
    Gene I do not agree with you, pleas look in “Scripture& Biblical Doctrine under:” Did Jesus abolish the law.”  These are very confusing subjects and the Catholic Church wants us to believe that under the Mortal Sin we will die forever.  I hope you will read what I wrote.
    Irene

No, Mrs., Jesus did not abolish the law.  He fulfilled it, and we who are born again Christians fulfill the law also when we keep his commandments.

This is what Jesus said:

Mat 5:17 ¶ Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.  
    Mat 5:18   For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.  
    Mat 5:19   Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach [them], the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Did you go and lookin Scripture & Bibical Doctrine-did Jesus abolish the law? I explainedll there, I amnot going to explain it hee3 again, to much writing for me, with my Arthritus Hands.
    Irene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Wj,
    Would He not say
    “What trinity?”

Would He be even interested in discussing with you what insults Him and His Word?

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 135 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account