Did jesus have the same spirit as believers?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 401 total)
  • Author

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 26 2009,14:48)
    Hi WJ,
    When Jesus was raised he was dead.
    His own spirit had left his body and returned to God.
    It was the abiding Spirit of God given to him that raised him and now gives him life.
    That Spirit God had anointed him with at the Jordan spoke the Words of God through him including in Jn 2.

Hi NH

Then John was a liar!

BUT **HE SPAKE** OF THE TEMPLE OF HIS BODY. John 2:21

Was John speaking of the Fathers body, when he said, “THE TEMPLE OF **HIS BODY**?  ???

And were the Apostles decieved when they said…?

When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples “Remembered That **He Had Said** This Unto Them”; and they believed the scripture, and “THE WORD WHICH JESUS HAD SAID“. John 2:22

I do not think so. Like I said, explain it all away and since you cannot refute the truth then just yell really loud “THE TRINITY IS FALSE” and maybe that will make the truth go away!

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    His body was raised enlivened now only in the Spirit of God.

Trinity would be truth if it was written in scripture.

But it's origins are the foolish minds of men and men still follow those men.

Lightenup
    Participant

Keith and Thinker,
    A good pair you two make! God bless you inspite of yourselves as you argue away. I'm not into the arguing of the same points over and over. You can reread my posts on those points instead of me repeating them.

Thinker I hope your wife is ok from the car accident…that kind of thing really shakes a person up.

Keep that oxygen tank handy,
    Kathi

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 26 2009,16:25)

Keith and Thinker,
    A good pair you two make!  God bless you inspite of yourselves as you argue away.  I'm not into the arguing of the same points over and over.  You can reread my posts on those points instead of me repeating them.

Thinker I hope your wife is ok from the car accident…that kind of thing really shakes a person up.

Kathi

Hi Kathi

Keith and Thinker,
    A good pair you two make!

You and the Arians make a fine family also!  :)

God bless you inspite of yourselves as you argue away.

Dittos!

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    You need to reborn from above so that you are one in the Spirit with Jesus.
    You are just a dead branch if that life is not flowing through you.

Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 27 2009,04:18)

Quote (942767 @ Aug. 25 2009,23:27)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 25 2009,17:40)

Quote (942767 @ Aug. 24 2009,19:22)
    Hi WJ:

You say:

There is no indication at all that the Holy Spirit is the Father or Jesus throughout the book of Acts!

Maybe not in the Acts of the Apostles, but what about the following scriptures?

Mat 10:18   And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.  
    Mat 10:19   But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.  
    Mat 10:20   For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Who is the Spirit of the Father?

Is it the Father himself?

Is it Jesus?

Is it the Holy Spirit?

Scriptures say “God is Spirit”, and yet they say “the Lord is the Spirit” and yet Jesus said that the Father and he would send the Holy Spirit which proceeds from them!

Are you confused? For if you are, don't blame me but blame the Apostles for they are the ones who penned the scriptures.

I am not confused, instead I am fully persuaded in whom I have believed!

Can you tell when God speaks through you, who it is?

Or do you just say “God” spoke through you, or Jesus spoke through you, or the Holy Spirit spoke through you?

It is rather amusing to hear so may of Gods professed people using the above terms when they speak of God speaking through them, yet they do not believe that it is one God speaking!   ???

Blessings WJ

No, WJ:

I believe that you are confused.  The scripture states that there is “One God”, and not God in three persons.

When God speaks through us it is He speaking through us by His Spirit.

A person is defined by the life that he lives.  What a person does with His life determines who that person is.  God is Holy and is a Spirit of Love, and Jesus has shown us this through obedience to God's Word.

His throne is in heaven, and He can be everywhere by His Spirit.  His Spirit is His personal presence dwelling within us as our Helper.

There is no evidence of a third person in the following scripture:

2Jo 1:9   Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

IF WE ARE BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS, WE HAVE BOTH THE FATHER AND THE SON, THAT IS WHAT THE SCRIPTURE PLAINLY STATES.  THERE IS NO MENTION OF A THIRD PERSON.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty

Well then I guess Jesus was lying when he said he and the Father would send another!

And I will ask the Father, and he will give you “ANOTHER COUNSELOR” to be with you forever– John 14:16

But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit,”WHOM THE FATHER WILL SEND IN MY NAME”, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. John 14:26

You have failed to explain this but only repeat your “Trinity” is false theory!

Here is a couple of scriptures showing we have all three…

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of “the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost“: Matt 28:19

May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the “FELLOWSHIP OF THE HOLY SPIRIT BE WITH YOU ALL.” 2 Cor 13:14

Marty you said…

Quote (942767 @ Aug. 24 2009,18:41)
    I wasn't speaking of Jesus praying in us, but what I am saying is that Jesus is hearing what the spirit is saying  through the unuterable groanings in heaven and then praying for us according his understanding of what the spirit has revealed that we needed, but it does appear that it is the Holy Spirit that is revealing what it is that we need because are unable to ask for ourselves.

You admit that Jesus is not the one doing the praying in us in Rom 8:26, 27, yet we know it cannot be the Father doing the praying, and yet you are claiming the Holy Spirit is the Father.

You can’t have it both ways.

You have failed to explain Matt 28:9,  2 Cor 13:14,  John 14:16, 14:26, John 16:13, 14 and Rom 8:26, 27 just to mention a few!

Quote (942767 @ Aug. 25 2009,23:27)
    IF WE ARE BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS, WE HAVE BOTH THE FATHER AND THE SON, THAT IS WHAT THE SCRIPTURE PLAINLY STATES.  THERE IS NO MENTION OF A THIRD PERSON.

If what you say is true then Jesus is a liar and the Apostles also are liars!

WJ

Hi WJ:

And so, you are saying that the following scripture is a lie?

2Jo 1:9   Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

The Comforter is God's Spirit, and proceeds from the Father:

Jhn 15:26 ¶ But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, [even] the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:  

Jhn 14:10   Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.  

The comforter is the same Spirit that dwelt within Jesus whom he calls the Father dwelling within him, and Jesus states the following:

Jhn 14:17   [Even] the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Jhn 14:23   Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.  

Do we agree that the Comforter is the Holy Spirit of God?

1Cr 2:9   But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.  

1Cr 2:10   But God hath revealed [them] unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.  

1Cr 2:11   For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.  

1Cr 2:12   Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.  

1Cr 2:13   Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.  

1Cr 2:14   But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know [them], because they are spiritually discerned

The “Trinity doctrine” is false because it teaches that God exists in three persons and they are co-equal in authority, and the scriptures teach that there is “One God” who is the Father of all born again believers and is above all (including Jesus), and the scriptures teach that Jesus is a man and not God, and that he is the Christ, the Son of the Living God, and the scriptures teach that the Holy Spirit is not a “Third Person” but is God's Spirit.

Now regarding Romans 8:26-27, It appears that the Holy Spirit reveals what is in a persons heart with groanings that are unuterrable.  If this is groanings that are unuterable, this would not be the same as the “gift tongues” which is a prayer language nor would it be the same as God speaking in a tongue to His people or in what happened at Pentecost.

It appears to me that Romans 8:27 refers to Jesus who searches the heart and knows what the Spirit means by the groanings that are unuterable, and then he prays to God for what is needed by the person according to the will of God.

HE THAT SEARCHES THE HEART (JESUS) KNOWETH WHAT (IS) THE MIND OF THE SPIRIT, BECAUSE HE (JESUS) MAKETH INTERCESSION FOR THE SAINTS ACCORDING TO (THE WILL OF) GOD

Love in Christ,
    Marty

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 27 2009,08:25)
    Keith and Thinker,
    A good pair you two make!  God bless you inspite of yourselves as you argue away.  I'm not into the arguing of the same points over and over.  You can reread my posts on those points instead of me repeating them.

Kathi

Kathi,
    Every time I get the best of you from the Greek you bail out of the discussion. On another thread you asserted that noun case changes the definitions of words. I exposed this and you bailed out. You try to pass yourself off as compotent to handle the Greek just because you have access to online sources.

I-HAVE-GIVEN-YOU-TEXTBOOK-GREEK! I backed it up with an online source of my own. And what do you do? You dismiss it!

You say that Keith and I “argue away.” It took a lot of nerve for you to say this. Jesus was talking about the resurrection of His body and you somehow find a way to dance around it and make it about an ascension to the Father. Your over active imagination just “kicked in gear.” But the text clearly says that Jesus' disciples remembered His word WHEN He was risen from the dead.

I even gave you the exact timing when Christ's word came to their rememberance. Luke says that they remembered it upon the announcement from the two angels that He had risen from the dead (Luke 24:7-8). This was before He had ever appeared to anyone and before He had told Mary that He was ascending to the Father. But you just “argue away.” You need to take the “argue away” mote from your own eye.

Thank you for wishing my wife well. She had major back surgery three years ago and we were concerned the accident might have caused her injury. So far this does not seem to be the case.

thinker

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

WJ……….God indwelt Jesus, can't you get it!. “the word i am telling you are (NOT) my words but the word of him who sent ME”, and again “the son of man can do (NOTHING) of HIMSELF, but the FATHER in MY (HE) DOSE the WORKS. When is the light ever going to come on WJ> Jesus is (NOT) THE GOD WHO WAS DOING THE WORKS in him.

Peace and love to you and yours………………………gene

KangarooJack
    Participant

Kathi said:

Keith and Thinker,

TO KEITH:

I am honored to be paired off with you  :cool:

Jack

Quote (thethinker @ Aug. 27 2009,12:55)
    Kathi said:

Keith and Thinker,

TO KEITH:

I am honored to be paired off with you  :cool:

Jack

Hi Jack

Thanks. Same here! Also we are not alone, for there are millions of Born again Christians that hold our view.

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

salaam salaam,
    But the Spirit of Christ is the life of the body of Christ.
    Repent of human follies and be reborn from above

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Aug. 27 2009,11:52)

Keith and Thinker,

Kathi

Kathi,
    Every time I get the best of you from the Greek you bail out of the discussion. On another thread you asserted that noun case changes the definitions of words. I exposed this and you bailed out. You try to pass yourself off as compotent to handle the Greek just because you have access to online sources.

I-HAVE-GIVEN-YOU-TEXTBOOK-GREEK! I backed it up with an online source of my own. And what do you do? You dismiss it!

You say that Keith and I “argue away.” It took a lot of nerve for you to say this. Jesus was talking about the resurrection of His body and you somehow find a way to dance around it and make it about an ascension to the Father. Your over active imagination just “kicked in gear.” But the text clearly says that Jesus' disciples remembered His word WHEN He was risen from the dead.

I even gave you the exact timing when Christ's word came to their rememberance. Luke says that they remembered it upon the announcement from the two angels that He had risen from the dead (Luke 24:7-8). This was before He had ever appeared to anyone and before He had told Mary that He was ascending to the Father. But you just “argue away.” You need to take the “argue away” mote from your own eye.

Thank you for wishing my wife well. She had major back surgery three years ago and we were concerned the accident might have caused her injury. So far this does not seem to be the case.

thinker

Wow,
    Thinker, you are living in your own dream world and THAT is why you and Keith make such a good pair. That is also why I move on because I get to a point when I have said what I believe God has for me to say. I'm not really here to argue, but to seek out where to dig deeper and find what God has to show me and then present that. I certainly do not feel God leading me to present it over and over unless He gives me a fresh perspective on the matter that may help others also.

Wake up dreamer!
    Kathi

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 27 2009,16:27)

Quote (thethinker @ Aug. 27 2009,11:52)

Keith and Thinker,

Kathi

Kathi,

thinker

Wow,
    Thinker, you are living in your own dream world and THAT is why you and Keith make such a good pair.  That is also why I move on because I get to a point when I have said what I believe God has for me to say.  I'm not really here to argue, but to seek out where to dig deeper and find what God has to show me and then present that.  I certainly do not feel God leading me to present it over and over unless He gives me a fresh perspective on the matter that may help others also.

Wake up dreamer!  
    Kathi

Hi Kathi

WOW, is right. It amazes me how you say you do not want to argue when you have been on this board arguing all along.

When the truth gets the best of you then you just want to throw stones and call names and then just walk away!

We all believe that we have the truth here or what would be the point?

But, somehow you think that you have the unambiguous truth and we are just dreamers!   :O

WJ

KangarooJack
    Participant

Lightenup said:

Wow,
    Thinker, you are living in your own dream world and THAT is why you and Keith make such a good pair.  That is also why I move on because I get to a point when I have said what I believe God has for me to say.  I'm not really here to argue, but to seek out where to dig deeper and find what God has to show me and then present that.  I certainly do not feel God leading me to present it over and over unless He gives me a fresh perspective on the matter that may help others also.

Kathi,
    We are all here to argue. That you would deny this does not help your credibility. You say you are just moving on. But you seem to “move on” after I have exposed your funky Greek. So I am beginning to see a pattern. You say that God gives you fresh perspectives that may help others. Yet your anti-trinitarian friends did not say “Thanks Kathi” when you said that Psalm 104 teaches that two Gods created the universe. We know what to expect when you offer a “fresh perspective” or a “whisper.”

I was honored that you paired me off with Keith. I would go to the gallows and be executed with Keith.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    No need .
    Just be reborn into Jesus.[Rom6]
    Don't be found as one of the enemies of Jesus when he returns with a sword.

gollamudi
    Participant

Where I stand?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 28 2009,10:37)
    Hi TT,
    No need .
    Just be reborn into Jesus.[Rom6]
    Don't be found as one of the enemies of Jesus when he returns with a sword.

Jesus could not return with a sword against His people. If you believe this then you do not comprehend the gospel and you have not an ounce of truth in your being.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Many will call him LORD LORD and he will not know them.
    Some servants will be punished with stripes after he deals to his enemies[lk12]

Fear God.

Hi Marty

Quote (942767 @ Aug. 26 2009,21:04)

Hi WJ:

And so, you are saying that the following scripture is a lie?

No that is the whole point we have been making all along, that anti-Trinitarians pit scriptures against one another, or just accept some and reject others to support their manmade doctrines.

By the scripture you quote above you are trying to prove a positive with a negative.

I show you scriptures which are unambiguous proof that there are three, The Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and you give me a scripture that only mentions Jesus and the Father then proceed to claim that because the Holy Spirit is not in the verse that is proof that the Holy Spirit is not a distinct person, and in so doing deny Jesus own words in the following scriptures, and refuse to give an explanation for them…

And I will ask the Father, and he will give you “ANOTHER COUNSELOR” to be with you forever– John 14:16

The word another is…Strong's G243 – allos, and simply means;
    1)another, other it is translated AV — other(s) 81 times, another 62, some 11, one 4, misc 2

Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, “I WILL SEND HIM UNTO YOU. John 16:7

Did Jesus send the Father? Why didn't Jesus just simply say “I am going to send the Father to you”?

But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit,”WHOM THE FATHER WILL SEND IN MY NAME”, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. John 14:26

Did the Father send himself?

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of “the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost“: Matt 28:19

Clearly the Holy Spirit like the Father and Jesus has an identity.

None of these contradict 2 John 1:9 but rather give us more information. The doctrine of Christ is simply the “teachings of Christ” and his teaching clearly includes the person of the Holy Spirit who is distinct from the Father and Jesus, and I might add if you do not have the “Holy Spirit” included in your teachings then you do not have “God”, the Father and the Son!

Jhn 15:26 ¶ But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, [even] the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:  

Marty, think about what you are saying. First of all your quote says that “Jesus” will send the “Comforter”, which you claim is the Father, does Jesus send the Father?

Secondly,  you say “the Spirit proceeds from the Father”, but does the Father proceed from himself? You are claiming the Holy Spirit is the Father and yet your words contradict you!

You quote…

Jhn 14:10   Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

So if the Holy Spirit is the Father then who is this…?

And because ye are sons, God hath “*sent forth* the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, **CRYING, ABBA, FATHER**”. Gal 4:6

Is the Father “Crying Abba Father”? Or is it the Spirit of Jesus, and if it is the Spirit of Jesus then it cannot be the personal Spirit of the Father for then you would have 2 Spirits and scriptures say we have recieved only “One Spirit”.

The comforter is the same Spirit that dwelt within Jesus whom he calls the Father dwelling within him, and Jesus states the following:

Jhn 14:17   [Even] the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Jhn 14:23   Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

But you said…

Does the Father “Proceed” from himself? Does the Father send himself?

Do we agree that the Comforter is the Holy Spirit of God?

Yes, but I do not believe as you that the “Comforter” is the personal Spirit of the Father. Think about your words again, if you say the Holy Spirit is the Father then lets inject the Father in your statement and see what it looks like…

Do we agree that the (Father) is the Holy Spirit of God?

Jesus could have easily said the Father was the comforter, but he didn't did he?

The Holy Spirit is not the personal Spirit of the Father as my point in the following quotes you give will show….

1Cr 2:9   But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepar
    ed for them that love him.

1Cr 2:10   But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

1Cr 2:11   For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.  

1Cr 2:12  Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.  

1Cr 2:13   Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.  

1Cr 2:14   But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know [them], because they are spiritually discerned

The Spirit here is the “Holy Spirit” which context brings out in the following verse…

Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, “but which **THE HOLY GHOST** teacheth”; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 2 Cor 2:13

This is the same “Holy Spirit”, Comforter, Jesus spoke of that the Father and himself **WOULD SEND** that would teach us all things!

The “Trinity doctrine” is false because it teaches that God exists in three persons and they are co-equal in authority, and the scriptures teach that there is “One God” who is the Father of all born again believers and is above all (including Jesus), and the scriptures teach that Jesus is a man and not God, and that he is the Christ, the Son of the Living God, and the scriptures teach that the Holy Spirit is not a “Third Person” but is God's Spirit.

Seriously, Try this…

Close your eyes and put your feet together and tap your heels together 3 times and say after each time “There is no Trinity”, “There is No Trinity”, “There is no Trinity” and see if that will make the Trinity disappear!

Now regarding Romans 8:26-27, It appears that the Holy Spirit reveals what is in a persons heart with groanings that are unuterrable.  If this is groanings that are unuterable, this would not be the same as the “gift tongues” which is a prayer language nor would it be the same as God speaking in a tongue to His people or in what happened at Pentecost. It appears to me that Romans 8:27 refers to Jesus who searches the heart and knows what the Spirit means by the groanings that are unuterable, and then he prays to God for what is needed by the person according to the will of God.

HE THAT SEARCHES THE HEART (JESUS) KNOWETH WHAT (IS) THE MIND OF THE SPIRIT, BECAUSE HE (JESUS) MAKETH INTERCESSION FOR THE SAINTS ACCORDING TO (THE WILL OF) GOD

Love in Christ,
    Marty

You are totally putting your head in the sand here IMO. Verse 26 says ‘The Spirit himself intercedes” for us, which you have said is not Jesus praying in us, yet now you are invoking “THE SPIRIT **INTERCEDES** FOR THE SAINTS IN ACCORDANCE WITH GOD'S WILL” in verse 27 as being Jesus.

Read the verses and tell me what the words “Pray” and “Intercession” means to you if it is not the prayer language.

In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to PRAY FOR, but “THE SPIRIT HIMSELF **INTERCEDES**” for us with groans “that words cannot express“. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because “THE SPIRIT **INTERCEDES** FOR THE SAINTS IN ACCORDANCE WITH GOD'S WILL”.  . Rom 8:26, 27

The subject of Rom 8:26, 27 is the Holy Spirit praying for the saints, making intercession with unutterable words to the Father according to the Fathers will.

These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit. But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, “praying in the Holy Ghost”, Jude 1:19, 20

True disciples, or followers of the Way preach and teach the Father, Son and Holy Spirit according to Jesus own words…

GO YE THEREFORE, AND TEACH ALL NATIONS, BAPTIZING THEM “IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER, AND OF THE SON, AND OF THE HOLY GHOST: TEACHING THEM TO OBSERVE **ALL THINGS WHATSOEVER I HAVE COMMANDED YOU**: AND, LO, I AM WITH YOU ALWAY, EVEN UNTO THE END OF THE WORLD. AMEN”. Matt 28:19, 20

The all things that he commanded us is the “doctrine”, or teachings of Christ!

Blessings WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    trinity is a man made doctrine.

Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 401 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account