Did jesus have the same spirit as believers?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 401 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    The hope of man is eternal life.
    That life is found for us in Jesus but originates in the Father who does not die.
    Jesus stood up in jn 7 to proclaim this life found in him and spoke of the Spirit given when he returned to his Father God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 25 2009,09:54)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 24 2009,17:34)

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 24 2009,17:26)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 24 2009,17:10)
    Hi LU,
    Jesus gave up his own spirit at calvary.[mt27.50]
    He died.

His faith extended beyond death to continued life in the Spirit of his God.

Nick,
    I understand that Jesus had a united spirit with the Father within Him which He committed into the hands of the Father.  The body without the spirit is dead.

James 2:26
    26 For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead.
    NASU

Christ's body was raised from the dead and I believed He received His unified spirit back otherwise the body would still be dead.  His unified spirit took on a glorified body.  The “tent” changed but the spirit didn't. IMO

Kathi

Hi Kathi

Sorry! That seems like more “Extra Biblical” terminology to me.

No where does the scriptures use the term “unified Spirit”?

And Jesus did raise himself from the dead!

Blessings WJ

Keith,
    1 Cor 6:16-17
    16 Or do you not know that the one who joins himself to a prostitute is one body with her? For He says, “THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH.”
    17 But the one who joins himself to the Lord is one spirit with Him.
    NASU
    Two spirits become one spirit…that would be a unified spirit. IMO.
    Kathi

Hi LU,
    The spirit of a man does not unite with the Spirit of God but coexists with the Holy Spirit.

Rom 8.16

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    So tell us again how you do not have the Spirit of Christ and hope for salvation?[Rom8.9]

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 24 2009,18:24)
    Hi WJ,
    So tell us again how you do not have the Spirit of Christ and hope for salvation?[Rom8.9]

NH

As soon as you tell me how God is not living in you and yet you are saved!

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    So you hope to be saved without rebirth from above?
    How is it that you preach what is not biblical and yet hope to have fellowship with the Father and the Son?[2jn]

That fellowship is in the Holy Spirit

Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 21 2009,17:29)

Quote (942767 @ Aug. 20 2009,19:11)
    Hi WJ:

Once again, Romans 8:26 may not refer to the Holy Spirit making intercession.  In the following verse, relative to speaking in tongues, the Apostle Paul states “my spirit prayeth…”

1Cr 14:14   For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.  

And he who searches the heart, and knows the mind of the spirit, and makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God would be Jesus.

Hbr 7:24   But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood.  

Hbr 7:25   Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty

I do not think so. Why wouldn’t Paul just say that Jesus is praying  in us? There is no implication of that anywhere, and contextually Romans chapter 8 is Speaking of the Holy Spirit!

They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. “All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues “as the Spirit enabled them“. Acts 2:1, 2

Here we see that the Holy Spirit which many believe is an “It” enables the Apostles to Speak in tongues!

The circumcised believers who had come with Peter were astonished that the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out even on the Gentiles. For they heard them speaking in tongues and praising God. Then Peter said, Acts 10:45, 46

Here we see that the gift of the Holy Spirit was poured out on the gentiles and they spoke in tongues!

There is no indication at all that the Holy Spirit is the Father or Jesus throughout the book of Acts!

Jesus had told them…

But “you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you“; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” Acts 1:8

That is exactly what happened in Acts 2. If Jesus would have been speaking of himself then he would have said so.

Jesus is the baptizer of the Holy Spirit, not of himself or the Father!

“I baptize you with* water for repentance. But after me will come one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not fit to carry. “He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire“. Matt 3:11

He had told the disciples also that “Another Comforter” would come from the Father.

And I will ask the Father, and he will give you “ANOTHER COUNSELOR” to be with you forever– John 14:16

But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit,”WHOM THE FATHER WILL SEND IN MY NAME”, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. John 14:26

“When the Counselor comes, “WHOM I WILL SEND TO YOU FROM THE FATHER”, the Spirit of truth “WHO GOES OUT FROM THE FATHER’, he will testify about me. John 15:26

Jesus and the Father sent the Holy Spirit in Acts 2 and Jesus baptized them in the Holy Spirit and they began to speak with tongues as the Holy Spirit gave them utterance!

Paul says in the same chapter as your quote…

Tongues, then, are a sign, not for believers but for unbelievers; prophecy, however, is for believers, not for unbelievers.  1 Cor 14:22

This is what happened in Acts chapter 2 just as Jesus said it would!

For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body”–whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free–and we were all given the one Spirit to drink. 1 Cor 12:13

Jesus did not baptize us with himself or the Father, but by the “One Spirit” that we have all been made to drink!
    That same Spirit makes intercession in us according to the will of God..

In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will. Rom 8:26, 27

Look at the context Marty, in the same chapter Paul says just before this…

And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you”, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies “through his Spirit, who lives in you. Rom 8:11

The first 16 verses of the chapter are talking about the Spirit of God or the Holy Spirit! So Jesus cannot be the Spirit in verse 26.

Blessings! WJ

Hi WJ:

I wasn't speaking of Jesus praying in us, but what I am saying is that Jesus is hearing what the spirit is saying  through the unuterable groanings in heaven and then praying for us according his understanding of what the spirit has revealed that we needed, but it does appear that it is the Holy Spirit that is revealing what it is that we need because are unable to ask for ourselves.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Participant

Hi WJ:

You say:

There is no indication at all that the Holy Spirit is the Father or Jesus throughout the book of Acts!

Maybe not in the Acts of the Apostles, but what about the following scriptures?

Mat 10:18 And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.
    Mat 10:19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.
    Mat 10:20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 24 2009,18:33)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 24 2009,18:24)
    Hi WJ,

NH

As soon as you tell me how God is not living in you and yet you are saved!

WJ

Hi NH

Let me rephraise that…

“As soon as you tell me how God is not living in you, and yet you “think” you are saved!

In other words if God does not live in you then you are not saved!

WJ

Quote (942767 @ Aug. 24 2009,18:41)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 21 2009,17:29)

Quote (942767 @ Aug. 20 2009,19:11)
    Hi WJ:

Once again, Romans 8:26 may not refer to the Holy Spirit making intercession.  In the following verse, relative to speaking in tongues, the Apostle Paul states “my spirit prayeth…”

1Cr 14:14   For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.  

And he who searches the heart, and knows the mind of the spirit, and makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God would be Jesus.

Hbr 7:24   But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood.  

Hbr 7:25   Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty

I do not think so. Why wouldn’t Paul just say that Jesus is praying  in us? There is no implication of that anywhere, and contextually Romans chapter 8 is Speaking of the Holy Spirit!

They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. “All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues “as the Spirit enabled them“. Acts 2:1, 2

Here we see that the Holy Spirit which many believe is an “It” enables the Apostles to Speak in tongues!

The circumcised believers who had come with Peter were astonished that the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out even on the Gentiles. For they heard them speaking in tongues and praising God. Then Peter said, Acts 10:45, 46

Here we see that the gift of the Holy Spirit was poured out on the gentiles and they spoke in tongues!

Jesus had told them…

But “you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you“; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” Acts 1:8

That is exactly what happened in Acts 2. If Jesus would have been speaking of himself then he would have said so.

Jesus is the baptizer of the Holy Spirit, not of himself or the Father!

“I baptize you with* water for repentance. But after me will come one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not fit to carry. “He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire“. Matt 3:11

He had told the disciples also that “Another Comforter” would come from the Father.

And I will ask the Father, and he will give you “ANOTHER COUNSELOR” to be with you forever– John 14:16

But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit,”WHOM THE FATHER WILL SEND IN MY NAME”, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. John 14:26

“When the Counselor comes, “WHOM I WILL SEND TO YOU FROM THE FATHER”, the Spirit of truth “WHO GOES OUT FROM THE FATHER’, he will testify about me. John 15:26

Jesus and the Father sent the Holy Spirit in Acts 2 and Jesus baptized them in the Holy Spirit and they began to speak with tongues as the Holy Spirit gave them utterance!

Paul says in the same chapter as your quote…

Tongues, then, are a sign, not for believers but for unbelievers; prophecy, however, is for believers, not for unbelievers.  1 Cor 14:22

This is what happened in Acts chapter 2 just as Jesus said it would!

For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body”–whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free–and we were all given the one Spirit to drink. 1 Cor 12:13

Jesus did not baptize us with himself or the Father, but by the “One Spirit” that we have all been made to drink!
    That same Spirit makes intercession in us according to the will of God..

In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will. Rom 8:26, 27

Look at the context Marty, in the same chapter Paul says just before this…

And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you”, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies “through his Spirit, who lives in you. Rom 8:11

The first 16 verses of the chapter are talking about the Spirit of God or the Holy Spirit! So Jesus cannot be the Spirit in verse 26.

Blessings! WJ

Hi WJ:

I wasn't speaking of Jesus praying in us, but what I am saying is that Jesus is hearing what the spirit is saying  through the unuterable groanings in heaven and then praying for us according his understanding of what the spirit has revealed that we needed, but it does appear that it is the Holy Spirit that is revealing what it is that we need because are unable to ask for ourselves.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty

HUH? Sorry brother, but what in the world did you just say? There is nothing about Jesus hearing and praying unuterable words in heaven!

There is no mention of “heaven” in Rom 8:26, 27.

In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, “but the Spirit himself intercedes for us” with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because “the Spirit intercedes for the saints” in accordance with God's will.

Twice it says the Spirit makes intercession for us, the saints, and then clarifies it is not the Father by these words…

“because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will”.

Does the Father pray in us according to God's will?

Blessings WJ

Quote (942767 @ Aug. 24 2009,19:22)
    Hi WJ:

You say:

Maybe not in the Acts of the Apostles, but what about the following scriptures?

Mat 10:18   And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.  
    Mat 10:19   But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.  
    Mat 10:20   For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Who is the Spirit of the Father?

Is it the Father himself?

Is it Jesus?

Is it the Holy Spirit?

Scriptures say “God is Spirit”, and yet they say “the Lord is the Spirit” and yet Jesus said that the Father and he would send the Holy Spirit which proceeds from them!

Are you confused? For if you are, don't blame me but blame the Apostles for they are the ones who penned the scriptures.

I am not confused, instead I am fully persuaded in whom I have believed!

Can you tell when God speaks through you, who it is?

Or do you just say “God” spoke through you, or Jesus spoke through you, or the Holy Spirit spoke through you?

It is rather amusing to hear so may of Gods professed people using the above terms when they speak of God speaking through them, yet they do not believe that it is one God speaking!   ???

Blessings WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    So you are confused?
    Keep it to yourself.

david
    Participant

But the scriptures says the “Lord is the Spirit” not the Lord has a Spirit!

But when the Bible says things like:
    And it occurred that, when God’s spirit came to be upon Saul…”
    do you think this is God himself or “God's spirit” that came upon Saul?

And God’s spirit itself enveloped Zech·a·ri′ah

and he saw descending like a dove God’s spirit coming upon him.
    Was it “God” or was it “God's spirit” that came down upon him?

if God’s spirit truly dwells in YOU.
    Does God himself dwell in people, or does as it says, his “spirit.”?

But she is happier if she remains as she is, according to my opinion. I certainly think I also have God’s spirit.
    Did Paul say here he had God or did he say he had “God's spirit?”

Or, there's the many references to the “spirit of God.”

“Can another man be found like this one in whom the spirit of God is?”

And I shall fill him with the spirit of God in wisdom and in understanding and in knowledge and in every kind of craftsmanship

at once the spirit of God became operative upon him, and he began to speak as a prophet in the middle of them.

I know you want the God's holy spirit to be God and God to be God's holy spirit, but the simple uncomplicated truth is that “God is a spirit” as the scriptures say, but he also HAS a holy spirit that he uses.

When I refer to the [anything] of WJ, I'm not speaking of WJ himself, but something that WJ possesses.  We all understand this.  Why does normal speech change when referring to this subject of “God's spirit”?
    Since God is a spirit, when we say the “spirit of God” you could try to understand it to mean God himself, but I have dozens of scriptures that speak of “the spirit of God” and they all seem to suggest something that God possesses and uses, his holy spirit and not God himself.

Once again, according the Bible,

“God IS a spirit.” (John 4:24)  That's what he IS.  
    But the spirit of the Lord, God's holy spirit is what he HAS.

You next say:

The Spirit of man is also the man!

I wanted to comment on this the first time I saw it.
    It's like saying “the arm of the man is also the man.”  Well, it's part of the man.  It's something he HAS.
    God's holy spirit is sometimes called his “finger” and also his “arm” because it is what he uses accomplish his purpose.  You can say the spirit of God is also God, but when the Bible repeatedly uses the expression the “spirit of God” it is not referring to God who is a spirit, it is referring to God's holy spirit, something he possesses, something he has.
    “The finger of WJ is also WJ.”  Well, it's part of WJ.  But the two are not interchangeable.  It's something you possess.

There is no scripture that says that God who is a Spirit has a spirit within him!

Now I understand your confusion.  I don't think God who is a spirit has a spirit in him.  God's spirit (his holy spirit) is not a being.  But of course, you believe otherwise.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 25 2009,01:43)
    Hi WJ,
    So you are confused?
    Keep it to yourself.

NH

Why don't you just keep it to yourself!

Did I say I was confused? And if I was confused, as a moderator it should be your responsibility to help someone who is confused by showing them the truth from scriptures.

Instead you prefer to engage in attacking and provoking everyone here!

Why do you constantly misrepresent people and only seek to provoke here rather than try to engage in learning?

You are seriously a poor witness to this board and I believe to the Lord! IMO

If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Let us not be desirous of vain glory, **provoking one another“**, envying one another”. Gal 5:25, 26

Provoke

stimulate or cause (a strong or unwelcome reaction or emotion) in someone. 2 “deliberately annoy or anger“. 3 incite to do or feel something, especially by arousing anger

Source…

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    Scripture should not offend you.
    Alignment with it will not include man made trinities.

david
    Participant

[[I'm doing this only because WJ just did it to me, and it is soooo irritating. I hate myself for it]]

Hi WJ,

Oh, Nick, you are so right. You are such a genius and WJ is so wrong. He knows this.

Quote (david @ Aug. 25 2009,02:29)
    [[I'm doing this only because WJ just did it to me, and it is soooo irritating.  I hate myself for it]]

Hi WJ,

Oh, Nick, you are so right. You are such a genius and WJ is so wrong.  He knows this.

Hi David

If I had of misrepresented you then you would have something to be irritated about!

Thanks for the jab anyway!

WJ

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 24 2009,18:06)

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 24 2009,17:54)

Hi LU,
    He died.

Nick,
    I understand that Jesus had a united spirit with the Father within Him which He committed into the hands of the Father.  The body without the spirit is dead.

26 For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead.
    NASU

Christ's body was raised from the dead and I believed He received His unified spirit back otherwise the body would still be dead.  His unified spirit took on a glorified body.  The “tent” changed but the spirit didn't. IMO

Kathi

Hi Kathi

Blessings WJ

Keith,
    1 Cor 6:16-17
    16 Or do you not know that the one who joins himself to a prostitute is one body with her? For He says, “THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH.”
    17 But the one who joins himself to the Lord is one spirit with Him.
    NASU
    Two spirits become one spirit…that would be a unified spirit. IMO.
    Kathi

Hi Kathi

Then why do you have such a hard time with others using “extra biblical” terms?

WJ

Keith,
    I have trouble with extra-Biblical terms when I do not see a clear Biblical teaching to back them up.

For instance, If I saw the term triune God in the Bible, then I would have no trouble accepting the extra-Biblical term “trinity.”

If I see that believers are “united in spirit” in the scriptures then I am fine with the word “unified” as an adjective to describe that or even “unity” or “one spirit.”

Phil 2:2
    2 make my joy complete by being of the same mind, maintaining the same love, united in spirit, intent on one purpose.
    NASU

Eph 4:1-6
    Unity of the Spirit 4 Therefore I, the prisoner of the Lord, implore you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which you have been called,
    2 with all humility and gentleness, with patience, showing tolerance for one another in love,
    3 being diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
    4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling;
    5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism,
    6 one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all.
    NASU

The “one Spirit” is a unity of spirits.
    The “one body” is a unity of bodies.

The church is the unified body of Christ. It is made up of many people,i.e. many bodies or “members.” See how unified works with unity. It is just another tense of the term.

Blessings,
    Kathi

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi LU,
    He died.

Nick,

NASU

Kathi

Hi Kathi

Blessings WJ

Keith,
    You wrote:

Keith, as you probably know from reading this thread, I believe that when Jesus said this:

John 2:19
    19 Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.”
    NASU

He was referring to this “raising”:
    John 20:17
    17 Jesus said to her, “Stop clinging to Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I ascend to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God.'”
    NASU

ascend is the Greek word “anabaino” Strong's # 305

NT:305
    anabaino (an-ab-ah'-ee-no); from NT:303 and the base of NT:939; to go up (literally or figuratively):

KJV – arise, ascend (up), climb (go, grow, rise, spring) up, come (up).

These verbs “raise” and “ascend” in the above verses, are both in the active voice in Greek and as you know, that means the subject does the action.  Everywhere else in the Bible, when Jesus is the subject, the verb for “raise” is not written in the active voice according to my three references:

“The NIV English-Greek New Testament-A Reverse Interlinear”
    “PC Study Bible” with the Greek Morphological Study
    http://www.studylight.org

When a good Bible student compares that with the verses where God is the subject of the verb “raise” in relation to Jesus, the verb is consistently in the active voice.  This is not subjective.  

Here are several of the verses in the Bible that tell us clearly who raised Jesus from the dead in an active voice way, i.e. the subject did the action:

Acts 2:24
    24 “But God raised Him up again, putting an end to the agony of death, since it was impossible for Him to be held in its power.
    NASU
    Acts 2:31-32
    31 he looked ahead and spoke of the resurrection of the Christ, that HE WAS NEITHER ABANDONED TO HADES, NOR DID His flesh SUFFER DECAY.
    32 “This Jesus God raised up again, to which we are all witnesses.
    NASU
    Acts 3:15
    15 but put to death the Prince of life, the one whom God raised from the dead, a fact to which we are witnesses.
    NASU
    Acts 4:10
    10 let it be known to all of you and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead — by this name this man stands here before you in good health.
    NASU
    Acts 5:30
    30 “The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom you had put to death by hanging Him on a cross.
    NASU
    Acts 10:40
    40 “God raised Him up on the third day and granted that He become visible,
    NASU
    Acts 13:30
    30 “But God raised Him from the dead;
    NASU
    Acts 17:30-31
    30 “Therefore having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now declaring to men that all people everywhere should repent,
    31 because He has fixed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness through a Man whom He has appointed, having furnished proof to all men by raising Him from the dead.”
    NASU
    Rom 10:9
    9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;
    NASU
    1 Cor 6:14
    14 Now God has not only raised the Lord, but will also raise us up through His power.
    NASU
    1 Cor 15:12-17
    12 Now if Christ is preached, that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead?
    13 But if there is no resurrection of the dead, not even Christ has been raised;
    14 and if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is vain, your faith also is vain.
    15 Moreover we are even found to be false witnesses of God, because we testified against God that He raised Christ, whom He did not raise, if in fact the dead are not raised.
    16 For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised;
    17 and if Christ has not been raised, your faith is worthless; you are still in your sins.
    NASU
    Gal 1:1
    1 Paul, an apostle (not sent from men nor through the agency of man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father, who raised Him from the dead),
    NASU
    Eph 1:17-20
    17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of Him.
    18 I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints,
    19 and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His might
    20 which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places,
    NASU
    Col 2:12
    12 having been buried with Him in baptism, in which you were also raised up with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead.
    NASU
    1 Thess 1:9-10
    9 For they themselves report concerning us what kind of a reception we had from you; and how you turned to God from idols, to serve a living and true God,
    10 and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead—Jesus, who delivers us from the wrath to come.
    WEB
    Heb 13:20
    20 Now may the God of peace, who brought again from the dead the great shepherd of the sheep with the blood of an eternal covenant, our Lord Jesus,
    WEB
    1 Peter 1:21
    21 who through him are believers in God, who raised him from the dead, and gave him glory; so that your faith and hope might be in God.
    WEB

This is not hard. He alone raised His Son from the dead.  He did not need any help.

Kathi

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 25 2009,09:17)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 24 2009,17:04)
    Hi LU,
    In light of Romans 8 can you tell us that the Spirit of Christ is not the Spirit of God in him?

Hi Nick,
    See page 20, 2nd post from the top.  I have discussed Romans 8 there.  Please note that the Father's Spirit has no need to cry out “Abba Father” for the Father has no Father.  Since the Son's spirit does cry that out, it wouldn't be the same spirit as the Father's.

LU

Kathi,
    I am running off this quick post for now. I will have to catch up later on. My wife was in a car accident. She is ok but things have been disrupted.

I pointed out to you before that the Spirit in Romans 8 is Christ's Spirit (vs. 9). Moreover, verse 9 necessarily infers that Christ is God,

9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

I will catch up to you later on regarding John 2:19-22

thinker

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

WJ …………..GOD (IS) SPIRIT, don't you people get it . GOD is SPIRIT (INTELLECT) and His Spirit is what gives light or Life to (ALL) Things and every man coming into the earth, (SPIRIT) animates our bodies through our minds. All SPIRIT COMES FROM ONE SOURCE, like good and Evil come from (ONE) Tree, they are produced by (ONE) GOD , Life does (NOT) exist apart from SPIRIT. Our Thoughts are Spirit (intellect) and expressed through words,and deeds and GOD'S Spirit (intellect) is far above ours and is expressed through Words and deeds also, But (IT) God's intellect can be given us as (IT) was Jesus and indwell us even as it does Jesus. GOD exists as a being only when He is (IN) someone. That is why GOD is expressed through His creation because GOD is (IN) creation. All Life has SPIRIT of some kind in it or it would not have life. How do you think GOD even knows when a sparrow falls to the ground, Spirit is not a being it is what is in a being. GOD is in us by his (INTELLECT) or SPIRIT same thing.

peace and love………………………….gene

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 401 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account