Denominations

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 221 through 231 (of 231 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    Is the JW church the only foundation of wisdom for you, and are you not allowed to have your own ideas for fear of being rejected or failure to meet their requirements? We never see you question anything of their doctrines so are they infallible to you and to be faithful to God you must accept all that comes from their mouths?

The JWs have been wrong before and acknowledged that so are you able to correct them or is nothing needing revision at present?. Would they be happy to know you are here among those they abhor as unsaved being outside of the JW flock?

Participant

Hi everyone:

It was not God's intention that we be divided otherwise why would Jesus pray, “Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; that they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me”.  (John 17:20-21)

And so, I also am joining you in prayer asking God to bring us into unity.  I believe that in order to come into unity we must discuss our differences with the mentality that we each of us is subject to misinterpret God's Word, and therefore, we must be willing to be corrected if we are wrong.  If after we discuss our differences, one or the other of us is corrected then we are walking in untiy, and if we still disagree after discussing our differences, we can go to our God in prayer asking him what He intended by the scripture in question.  (James 1:5-6)

We can also pray for those who are teaching doctrines in the church with whom we disagree that He would give them revelation knowledge in His Word if indeed they are the ones in error.

As Jesus prayer for unity ends in this statement: “THAT THE WORLD MAY BELIEVE THAT THOU HAST SENT ME”.  People would be more apt to be drawn to the body of Christ if we were united. “And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand”. (Mark 3:25)

God Bless

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    I agree. We should first pray for wisdom on how we are to be joined to the body of Christ because unless we are all else is futile window washing. There are many false doctrines about salvation and many smugly assured that they are safe, but they still stand in the religious courtyard of the temple where there is no safety.

Matt 6
    ” 33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you”

Rev 11
    ” 1And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.

2But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.”

Lk 6
    ”  46And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

47Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like:

48He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.

49But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.”

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi david.

Quote (david @ Nov. 01 2006,16:23)
    Here's the thing T8. They resolved those issues. That was 2000 years ago.

Yes and the JWs and their doctrines and prophecies didn't exist 2000 years ago either. If we were to assume that the JWs are God's organisation on earth, why then was that fact not resolved, taught, and practiced 2000 years ago?

The fact is the organisation of JWs didn't come into existence to relatively recently and yet Jesus built his Church upon a rock 2000 years ago. Seems a bit strange that you belong to an organisation that claims to be the Church and yet it didn't exist back then. Surely you can see that this hypothesis is suspect.

Anyway, we live in a time when the great falling away has happened and many are caught up in false systems as a result. So I personally have started again in all things to rid myself of anything that I picked up from these Babylonian systems. What does it say in scripture about dying to ourselves and living for Christ?

Anyway, if we are to take that which was passed on without question, then we will all end up in traditions and belong to the JWs, Catholics, Mormons, etc. And this is pretty much what we see. Those who seek the true meanings and recognise the true Church for what it is are relatively few.

Who do you know that has started again and questioned all doctrines and teachings to see if they are so? I bet if you do know someone like that, that they are not a JW.

Proclaimer
    Participant

david.

Every time you preach about the JWs, that is one less chance to preach about the true Kingdom of God, and it gives the enemy another foot up. He is the one that wants God's people to scatter into Babylon. But God is calling us out, yet you are encouraging people to enter back in.

:(

Debra
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Nov. 01 2006,04:41)
    david.

Every time you preach about the JWs, that is one less chance to preach about the true Kingdom of God, and it gives the enemy another foot up. He is the one that wants God's people to scatter into Babylon. But God is calling us out, yet you are encouraging people to enter back in.

:(

Hi David
    You must be the only JW on this forum, so I guess you feel alone in your beliefs. I want to thank you for your reponses to my questions, I've learn't about what JW's believe from you, not from those who came knocking, you have a heart for God, there is no doubt, as all of us on the forum, that's why we're here isn't it?
    Isn't it our hunger for fellowship with each other that drives this forum, because if it is only to gain knowledge then it will be fruitless because God want's us to unite in love not in doctrine.
    I don't consider myself an Anglican because I go to an Anglican church. I go to that church because the people are my family in Christ and I love them all, we have differances of opinions sometimes, often I've gone to my pastor with a question that reguards something I've read that dosn't measure up with what is being taught in our church. She is so loving in her response and I feel no condemnation from her because I have questioned the doctrine.
    I want to be teachable,so I don't adhere to any demonination, if they preach Christ crusified, and the ressurection, I don't have a problem with whether it's a sprinkle or full submersion, or the King James or NIV, is there a difference? I don't know.
    I just pray to Our God that he takes control of this wonderful forum, that I've come to love, and brings us all into unity in Christ. Amen.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi debra,
    You are a blessing. We try to challenge all to grasp hold of what God has guaranteed as truth and to build on that rock a unity that will last for eternity.

david
    Participant

Seems a bit strange that you belong to an organisation that claims to be the Church and yet it didn't exist back then.

Hi t8. What did Jesus say about the weed and wheat? wasn't an apostasy fortold, by Peter, Paul, John, Jesus? Wasn't it already beginning while the apostles were alive? It wouldn't be until the harvest that a clear distinction would be made. In the last days, we know that Jesus followers would again be united in a great preaching work. How would this come about with the fortold apostasy that began in the first century and spread quickly?

Those who seek the true meanings and recognise the true Church for what it is are relatively few.

And you are the true Church? Or you're a member of the true Church? Or is Christ the true church? And doesn't Christ use people and lead them? Does he lead them in circles of disunity where they contradict and kill each other? Unlikely.

Who do you know that has started again and questioned all doctrines and teachings to see if they are so? I bet if you do know someone like that, that they are not a JW.

You'd lose that bet. We have countless such people.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (david @ Nov. 01 2006,19:55)

Seems a bit strange that you belong to an organisation that claims to be the Church and yet it didn't exist back then.

Hi t8.  What did Jesus say about the weed and wheat?  wasn't an apostasy fortold, by Peter, Paul, John, Jesus?  Wasn't it already beginning while the apostles were alive?  It wouldn't be until the harvest that a clear distinction would be made.  In the last days, we know that Jesus followers would again be united in a great preaching work.  How would this come about with the fortold apostasy that began in the first century and spread quickly?  

Those who seek the true meanings and recognise the true Church for what it is are relatively few.

And you are the true Church?  Or you're a member of the true Church?  Or is Christ the true church?  And doesn't Christ use people and lead them?  Does he lead them in circles of disunity where they contradict and kill each other?   Unlikely.

You'd lose that bet.  We have countless such people.

Hi david,
    The message is as important.

Mark 16:15
    And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.”

Acts 8:5
    Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ unto them.

Acts 10:36
    The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:)

Acts 17:3
    Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.

Rom 10
    14How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

15And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

Gal 1
    6I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

7Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

8But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

10For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

11But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

12For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

2Cor 11
    1Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me.

2For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

3But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

4For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him”

Do the JWs preach the true gospel??

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (david @ Nov. 02 2006,14:55)

Hi t8. What did Jesus say about the weed and wheat? wasn't an apostasy fortold, by Peter, Paul, John, Jesus? Wasn't it already beginning while the apostles were alive? It wouldn't be until the harvest that a clear distinction would be made. In the last days, we know that Jesus followers would again be united in a great preaching work. How would this come about with the fortold apostasy that began in the first century and spread quickly?

And you are the true Church? Or you're a member of the true Church? Or is Christ the true church? And doesn't Christ use people and lead them? Does he lead them in circles of disunity where they contradict and kill each other? Unlikely.

You'd lose that bet. We have countless such people.

Correct about the apostacy, that is why I questioned and question all things including the organisation you promote.

The gates of hell shall never prevail against the Church that was started 2000 or so years ago. But many of the Church have been taken into captivity into Babylon. If you or anyone else cannot spiritually understand this, then look to Israel as a parable. They were God's chosen and they were taken into captivity into Babylon and Egypt, and other times they were free. Captivity usually resulted in chasing after false gods.

So anyway you are agreeing with me that there is a falling away, but that doesn't prove that the JWs are the Church of God.

The JWs are one among many who believe they have the exclusive truth.

My message to you and everyone else who is caught up, is to come out of her. When you are free, you are free to serve God they way he wants. Not the way that certain men think you should serve God.

The interesting thing about captivity, is that some people prefer it to being free. It is easy for them. You don't have to think for yourself. You don't have to take risks yourself. You just do what the organisation that you have entrusted your soul to, tells you to do.

But if we are to make a true and good contribution to the Kingdom of God, then you absolutely need to be led by the Spirit of God. No orgainisation can replace the Spirit of God. So why let a man-made organisation lead you?

Admin
    Keymaster

This discussion was moved here as it is a more appropriate forum.

:)

Viewing 11 posts - 221 through 231 (of 231 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account