Denominations

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 284 total)
  • Author
    Not3in1
    Participant

I guess this was an old poll. But it's still fun to vote :)

seekingtruth
    Participant

I believe the trouble with many denominations is they make one truth, the truth, thus missing all truth.

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ June 07 2007,13:07)
    I believe the trouble with many denominations is they make one truth, the truth, thus missing all truth.

Hey seekingtruth,

Was that an original saying?
    I liked that.

Tim

Hey Seekingtruth

Good to see you.

Havnt seen you post in a while.

Blessings to you!

:)

seekingtruth
    Participant

Tim
    No it's a rewording of a principal I heard and liked.

WJ
    Thank you brother, I've been busy (it's springtime here) hope to be posting frequently soon

Wm

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Denominations and labels are divisions.
    They prove by their existence that none of them are in the body of Christ which is united.
    Much of the debate here is from a denominational basis where men come to defend their traditions and not seek for truth.

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 21 2008,08:01)
    Hi,
    They prove by their existence that none of them are in the body of Christ which is united.
    Much of the debate here is from a denominational basis where men come to defend their traditions and not seek for truth.

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dirtyknections
    Participant

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 21 2008,08:01)
    Hi,

Hi Nick,
    That is the universal truth. Everyone blames others but not himself.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    We are not representing any denomination and do not support any denomination.
    But we face daily those who bring their traditions to be promoted here.
    That is why we are attacked by all
    as we promote scripture.

gollamudi
    Participant

Cheers to you as you said that.

sonofGod
    Participant

Which group is 100% consistent in doctrine and adherence to its doctrine?

Politically, I consider myself a conservative, but do not consider abortion to be murder as “pro lifers” do.

My reason is Genesis 2:7 and other verses.

So for the person who considers conservatism to be pro life would reject me as a conservative.

Does that person believe that ending the life of a fetus is murder base that on scripture?

Well, I base my belief on scripture and do not accept their view of the scriptures they use.  I believe that they are forcing those scriptures to say something they are not saying.

My point being that lumping people tends toward error.

sheess, while going to parochial school I learned a verse I Timothy 2:5 that for me refuted any notion that Jesus is God, he is the son of God, not God, yet if you asked me what religion I was in that time period I would have said Catholic.  I would not have said Christian, I would have said Catholic.

Ed J
    Participant

Politically, I consider myself a conservative, but do not consider abortion to be murder
    as “pro lifers” do. My reason is Genesis 2:7 and other verses.

“the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David,
    fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her
    is of the HolySpirit.” (Matthew 1:20)

Proclaimer
    Participant

Well, I base my belief on scripture and do not accept their view of the scriptures they use.  I believe that they are forcing those scriptures to say something they are not saying.

I don’t think that scripture is what tells us that the unborn are people, it is just obvious that an unborn person is a person and they are alive.

Truthcomber
    Participant

New American Standard Bible
    Exodus 21:22 “If men struggle with each other and strike a woman with child so that she gives birth prematurely, yet there is no injury, he shall surely be fined as the woman’s husband may demand of him, and he shall pay as the judges decide. 23 “But if there is any further injury, then you shall appoint as a penalty life for life,

Me: Taking an unborn baby’s life is a serious issue with God.

https://crossexamined.org/abortion-and-the-god-molech/
    Quote: While abortion apologists try to sanitize abortion by using terms like “tissue” instead of “baby” or “end the pregnancy” instead of “killing,” there’s no denying what’s going on when we inject poison into babies’ heads. We’re brutally murdering them. And we’ve done it millions of times. Lord, have mercy on us.

Me: God is going to judge this nature severely for sacrificing on the altar of  Moleck.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Truthcomber ……..I agree with you, a abortion is a premeditated  murder ,  there are people who would adopt those unwanted childern, they do not have to murder them, and it is murder no matter what they call it.

In the case of rape, the rapeŕ should be put to death, and the baby,  if not wanted should be put up for adoption.

Peace and love to you and yours. …….gene

Anthony
    Participant

Hi All

Bottom line is this, Your not a Christian if you believe in abortion. It’s only God that gives life and takes it away.  Other then that It’s murder, and there should be a penalty for this crime. Pro life.

God bless

Proclaimer
    Participant

Politically, I consider myself a conservative, but do not consider abortion to be murder as “pro lifers” do.

My reason is Genesis 2:7 and other verses.

So for the person who considers conservatism to be pro life would reject me as a conservative.

Does that person believe that ending the life of a fetus is murder base that on scripture?

You do not need scripture to know that killing the unborn is murder.

The unborn have beating hearts.

sonofGod
    Participant

my thoughts is to let each person speak for themselves as individuals.  Although I do not agree with certain denominational beliefs, I also am aware that not all individuals in a denomination strictly adhere to their denominations doctrines.  My dad was raised Roman Catholic and remained so all of his life, as far as I could tell,  but he expressed pleny of reasons why he did not buy into all their doctrines

Proclaimer
    Participant

@sonofgod

I agree.

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 284 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account