Demons

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 343 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    So when they are cast out of men they are not separate?

Mt12
    43When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.

44Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.

45Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first.

Seems that Jesus teaches they walk,
    plan,
    remember their previous home,
    say things to themselves and
    re enter men and
    form relationships with other devils.

Is this the truth of God spoken by Jesus or just pagan lies ?

Participant

My understanding is that Demons are evil spirits that Opress, obsess, or possess and individual.  An example of opression is when someone is constantly told that they are worthless and that person forms a mental image of himself to be worthless.  An example of someone being obsessed is a habitual adulterer.  An example of demon possession is an Islamic terrorist who has been indoctrinated that he will go to paradise if he becomes a martyr and he believes it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    So they cause illness and mental distress and accidents and want to take over the driver's seat?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….it's not (they) as in a person, it should be (it) as in Spirit (intellect) Evil or unclean spirit is ever where because it is intellect, and people are exposed to them every where and even to a point they can become possessed by these thoughts of evil or uncleanness. Jesus simple removes them by the power of GOD. There minds were cleansed of these evil thoughts. God has the power to remove wrong or unclean thought from a person and when this happens they are cleansed from them. The preaching of demons as actual beings is nothing more then a (DOCTRINE) of or about DEMON ISM . Taught by pagans for centuries and GOD completely for bid Israel from participating in any of it. Because it in traps the mind and fills a person with believing in something that not real and is a lie.. WE are warned about the doctrine of or about demons. That would arise in the last days. 1 Tim 4:1…> Now the spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, (giving heed) to seducing spirits, and (DOCTRINES) of devils. A doctrine (of) something can mean about them. imo

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    So evil thoughts do all these things when they are cast out of a person??

Seems that Jesus teaches
    they walk,
    plan,
    remember their previous home,
    say things to themselves and
    re enter men and
    form relationships with other devils.

malcolm ferris
    Participant

Do demons have voices?
    Are they able to speak?
    Can they ask for things?
    Can a thought do all of the above?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Malcom….when is the last time you have seen any of the above happen. Have you see a demon , are they flying around everywhere or as Nick say walking around which of you have see this yourselves, I am 67 and i never have the closest thing i have ever seen happen to me was a poor fellow was talking to himself once and started following me talking crazy and i turned and told him i thought he has demon and he fell down and began to say “i m not mean, I am not mean' i told him i never said he was. He acted very frightened though. So i ask him when this all started happened to him and He said when He was young He was hit by lighting and after that this all happened. So obviously He had brain damage as a result of the lighting strike. But i could see where someone would think something was in him though. Thats the only time i have ever seen any like that, i have seen many mentally ill People but they were definite reasons for the illness. So if these things are all over the place walking around where are they then. In fact do any of you know anyone who you know for sure is demon possessed. I doubt it. imo

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    You will have to tell us if Jesus understood things better than you do or not.
    We believe he is the truth and a lie was never found in his mouth as he spoke the words of God

malcolm ferris
    Participant

Demons also were coming out of many, shouting, “You are the Son of God!” But rebuking them, He would not allow them to speak, because they knew Him to be the Christ. (Luke 4:41)

Whenever the unclean spirits saw Him, they would fall down before Him and shout, “You are the Son of God!” (Mark 3:11)

When He came to the other side into the country of the Gadarenes, two men who were demon-possessed met Him as they were coming out of the tombs. They were so extremely violent that no one could pass by that way.
    And they cried out, saying, “What business do we have with each other, Son of God? Have You come here to torment us before the time?”
    Now there was a herd of many swine feeding at a distance from them.
    The demons began to entreat Him, saying, “If You are going to cast us out, send us into the herd of swine.”
    And He said to them, “Go!” And they came out and went into the swine, and the whole herd rushed down the steep bank into the sea and perished in the waters. (Matthew 8:28-32)

For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ.
    No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.
    Therefore it is not surprising if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness, whose end will be according to their deeds. (2 Corinthians 11:13-15)

malcolm ferris
    Participant

Oh and BTW Gene yes I have encountered examples of demon possession in my walk with Christ.
    One involved a warning dream I had in Switzerland and I witnessed its fulfillment some days later.
    The other occurred when I was on the road to Dunedin in Oamaru and ended up off on a side street
    somehow and as luck (no such thing) would have it I drove past a woman who was being attacked by
    a very large young man.
    I won't bore you with all the details of either occasion, suffice to say – yes in both cases it was a demon,
    it was real, it spoke back to me and it was the WORD of GOD that held it at bay.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..do you know of anyone demon possessed? I'll tell you another true story once i was doing a job for a Church, i was at one time a farly large electrical contractor and we were doing this Hall addition and the guy running the Jod for the church was a church member a very nice person and also was very sick, he had liver cancer and was dying , but wanted to finish this project for the church before he died, and as we worked and time went by he began to talk in way that didn't make since but i could figure out what he wanted and we were getting through it OK, Then one day i noticed He was not there any more so i ask one of the members of there church and he told me that a demon had taken him over and he was talking crazy, so the Preacher bared him from coming to the job site, said he was demon possessed. What this preacher did not understand when a person liver goes the enzymes in your body get thrown of and you do began to think and take like your crazy. I thought that was very cruel of that minister and that church to do that. It easy to label sometime as demonic when we don't really understand what is wrong with some one. The people at the time of Christ labeled anyone with epilepsy, and by polar conditions and many other mental illness and demon possessions. Jesus Spoke to them on there level so they could understand that God could Heal them of any of these conditions.

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Jesus met them all the time.
    The apostles faithfully recorded them all for us.
    Should we rather work from the basis of our experience?

Truth is a far better foundation.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….then has all these demons disappeared then and no longer exist or what. Look understanding what Jesus was saying to me is more important in my opinion. Jesus said Knowledge would be increased and it has, we now know what causes the mental conditions and some are treatable while other are not and would take a miracle from God to fix. Look i do believe in demonic Spirits (INTELLECTS) just not (BEINGS) going around jumping in and out of people. Intellects, yes, beings NO. imo

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Jesus is the way the truth and the life.
    You should believe him.

malcolm ferris
    Participant

Hi Gene

Look i do believe in demonic Spirits (INTELLECTS) just not (BEINGS) going around jumping in and out of people. Intellects, yes, beings NO. imo

OK
    What about angels then? are these just intellects also or beings?
    GOD is (a) Spirit – is GOD then intellect and not being?

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    You want to view demons?

Go into a bar full of drunks
    or to the football.

malcolm ferris
    Participant

Also what does Paul mean when he talks of bodies terrestrial (earthly) and bodies celestial (heavenly)?
    Who inhabits these bodies? are they inhabited by intellect or beings?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MF,

1Cor15
    38But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.

39All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds.

40There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.

41There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.

42So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:

43It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:

44It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

Surely in context the reference is to sun , moon and stars [40]and later the new imperishable bodies of the sons of God [44].

malcolm ferris
    Participant

Nick

OK,perhaps you can help me with this one then

For we know that if the earthly tent which is our house is torn down, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. (2 Corinthians 5:1)

He says there we have not shall have, if we die we have a body to go to?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MF,
    We are only given a new heavenly body when we are raised
    or if we are alive when he comes and are among those who never die.

The soul lives in the mansions of Christ, the new Jerusalem.

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 343 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account