Demons

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 343 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Read Jb 1-2 and understand why we pray that we are spared hard testing.

Mt6
    13And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Who fell down?
    Mark 3:11
    And unclean spirits, when they saw him, fell down before him, and cried, saying, Thou art the Son of God.

Men controlled by demons.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Irene,
    You said in another thread
    “Nick The 1/3 of Angels that went with Lucifer are they not called Demons now? They were Angels at one time, where they not?
    Peace and LOve Irene “

I do not see it written that the predicted fall of one third of the heavenly angels shown in Revelation had already occurred by the time Jesus was casting demons out of people.

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    This seems to be your understanding of what scripture call, among other things DEMONS
    From another thread
    “Now with that in mind we then would be containers that can have these poured into us or taken out of us. These good and evil intellect effect and define who we are at any given point in time. If we allow or drink of unclean spirit we will then become unclean intellectually, and how do we do that is by taking it into us through our minds by association with it. we become educated so to speek that way and we are animated by our thoughts then we correspondingly do these things that are unclean. and If we sow or drink of the clean spirit we will also intellectually become clean in our thoughts and live that way also.

These are Spirits (INTELLECTS) they are not beings of any kind only thoughts or intellects. If a man is Carnal Minded he is evil minded and serves the evil intelect that in him but it is not another being or creature jumping in and out of him as PAGANS BELIEVED. “

and
    “DK….look at good and evil as Just intellect not persons or beings People can take these good and evil intellect into themselves. And they can leave and reenter and be removed as when Jesus cast them out of a person, God simply removed there influence on the person out of there minds , but seeing that they alway existed and will always exist they are considered to go about in arid places looking for a resting place and the only place evil or good can find rest is in someone. Evil and Good are what animates all things gives it life so to speak. You are alive doing good or alive doing evil but if both were gone you would be dead.

WE are animated by them they are spirits that cause us to move and have our being. Our problem we need a guidance system, we are very much like a ship without a rudder or gyroscope and thats where GOD”S Spirit comes in it is our permanent guidance system it maintains us on course.IMO”

Interesting.
    Why invent a new name and add it to scripture?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……it has nothing to do with adding to anything its just understanding what already there. I can't help if you don't get it maybe if you ask GOD he might show you.

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    There are words already written like DEMON, EVIL SPIRIT, UNCLEAN SPIRITS

Why are the words of Jesus insufficient for you?

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    You say
    “DK…..an adversarial spirit can be misunderstood as a person or being as pagans have did for centuries, they attach a being to what is really a attribute or Spiritual intellect. If you can try to realize all good and all evil has always existing , good spiritual intellect , and evil spiritual intellect. Do not imagine a person as a separate one of these, but as a container who possesses these intellect in himself. He may have been born totally neutral not good or evil, but in time He is becoming fill with them.”

How many of these can fill a man?
    A LEGION

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..there are billions if not trillions of evil intellects, that can effect a man or woman. Just like there are billions if not trillions of good intellects also. IMO

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Jesus tossed the demons out despite their protests.
    Seemed to be quite intelligent knowing more than the humans about who he is.

david
    Participant

Quote (dirtyknections @ June 27 2008,01:39)

Quote (gollamudi @ June 26 2008,23:35)
    Hi Cato,
    These are also my doubts on “no personal demons/spirits”

mine too

Case closed. Done.

david
    Participant

Quote (Cato @ June 26 2008,23:31)

Quote (Jodi @ June 26 2008,08:40)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 25 2008,12:21)
    Hi Jodi,
    Should we expurgate from scripture what our scientific minds cannot see and accept?
    Would that not threaten the integrity of scripture and our faith in it?
    Demons never were angels-that is not written anywhere.

Hi Nick,

God inflicts man. God brings evil curses and evil destruction upon man. Whether it be an earthquake, famine, blindness, deafness, dumbness, or scitzofrenia. The bible is clear that there is NO Other that does these things.

Demons in the bible either represent evil spirits otherwise known as false gods that have no power, or they represent evil spirits which our God Almighty produced inside the human body to inflict as a form of punishment to those that did not obey His word.

If demons have no power how do they deceive and teach?

1 Tim 4:1 “The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.”

Rev 16:14 “They are spirits of demons performing miraculous signs, and they go out to the kings of the whole world, to gather them for the battle on the great day of God Almighty.”

Have intelligence?
    Jam 2:19 “You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.”

If they are evil spirits sent by God himself then why would God counter his own judgement?  If they, the demons, are from God why would he oppose himself?  If God drives out God he is divided against himself.

Mat 12:25 – 28 “Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them, “Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand. If Satan drives out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then can his kingdom stand? And if I drive out demons by Beelzebub, by whom do your people drive them out? So then, they will be your judges. But if I drive out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.

Personally I find the idea of spiritual embodiments of evil easier to believe then God doing the evil himself.  Also for the record I don't believe in punishment, but rather cause and effect.  Evil and Good rebound upon the creator of same, evil essentially punishes itself.

I feel this post needs some attention.

david
    Participant

The Bible speaks of “the everlasting fire prepared for the Devil and his angels.” (Mat 25:41)

Also, “the one called Devil and Satan, . . . he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him.” (Rev 12:9)

So the consesnus here, I believe is that the Devil's angels are not demons. I'm wondering when people on here believe Satan first had spirit followers, angels?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

David…..Sin will be destroyed for ever because in the kingdom of God (ONLY) GOD”S WILL will be done. Sin is ADVERSARIAL TO GOD and will be eliminated for ever. So this is the destruction of the Devils and Satan's which is simple the adversarial spirit influence to GOD. imo

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Will the lake of fire prepared for the Devil and his angels be filled just by FREE INTELLECTS?

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Sep. 19 2008,04:46)
    David…..Sin will be destroyed for ever because in the kingdom of God (ONLY) GOD”S WILL will be done. Sin is ADVERSARIAL TO GOD and will be eliminated for ever. So this is the destruction of the Devils and Satan's which is simple the adversarial spirit influence to GOD. imo

??? ..I think I'll stick with the bible's SIMPLE explanation brother Gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

DK…..where does it say SATAN is some other being separate from the person, himself. If you could understand that and ADVERSARIAL SPIRIT IS SATAN, Just look at the meaning of the word SATAN that should give you a clue. ANYONE CAN BE A SATAN. IMO

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    1 Peter 5:8
    Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion,

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Sep. 20 2008,03:48)
    DK…..where does it say SATAN is some other being separate from the person, himself. If you could understand that and ADVERSARIAL SPIRIT IS SATAN, Just look at the meaning of the word SATAN that should give you a clue. ANYONE CAN BE A SATAN. IMO

Perfect scripture

1 Peter 5:8
    Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion,

Brother Gene…notice this scripture says “the devil”…. not “a devil”…

Think about that ..and you will see the truth

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi DK,
    So whom do you think this Devil or Satan be an angel or a Spirit being who is like God and is omnipresent and powerful ?

Love and peace to you
    Adam

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ Sep. 20 2008,22:24)
    Hi DK,
    So whom do you think this Devil or Satan be an angel or a Spirit being who is like God and is omnipresent and powerful ?

Love and peace to you
    Adam

Hey brother GM,

This is what I believe….that this serpent described here

Genesis 3:1
    [ The Fall of Man ] Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, 'You must not eat from any tree in the garden'?”

is the serpent also called satan who is described here..

Revelation 12:9
    The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him

the angels or demons who were hurled with him are the ones also responsible for this event….

Genesis 6:4
    The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of men and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

and this one

Mark 5:12-13
    12The demons begged Jesus, “Send us among the pigs; allow us to go into them.” 13He gave them permission, and the evil spirits came out and went into the pigs. The herd, about two thousand in number, rushed down the steep bank into the lake and were drowned.

and my favorite example showing that demons are real….

Acts 19:14-16
    14Seven sons of Sceva, a Jewish chief priest, were doing this. 15(One day) the evil spirit answered them, “Jesus I know, and I know about Paul, but who are you?” 16Then the man who had the evil spirit jumped on them and overpowered them all. He gave them such a beating that they ran out of the house naked and bleeding.

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 343 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account