Daily Devotions

Viewing 20 posts - 1,041 through 1,060 (of 1,123 total)
  • Author
    Nick
    Participant

We know Peter was an anointed man

but your opinion is relevant somehow too?

Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

Here is the Daily Devotional

One family in Christ

For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
    [15] Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
    Ephesians 3:14

By faith in Jesus Christ, we become members of the royal family, heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ. We are one in him. Faced with the royal torture victim who, in his human nature, brought to Calvary, in our favor, the curse of the law, all national and sectarian distinctions are abolished. Everything sounded social, all caste pride disappeared. The light of God’s throne illuminating Calvary puts an end to the separations made by men between classes and races. Men of all ranks become members of one family, children of the heavenly King, not by an earthly ordinance, but by the love of God who, by devoting his Son to a life of poverty, humiliation, agony , and to an ignominious death, was able to bring to glory many sons and daughters.

It is not position, or wisdom, or qualities, or talents that make a person grow in God’s esteem, for all these gifts come from him and must be used for his glory, for the edification of his celestial kingdom. What is valuable in the eyes of Heaven and will survive beyond the grave is moral and spiritual character.

All who are found worthy to be members of the heavenly family will consider each other sons and daughters of God. They will recognize that they will receive their strength and their forgiveness from the same source: Christ, crucified for their sins. They know that they must wash their robes in his blood if they are to be received in his name with the Father and shine in the assembly of the saints, clothed in the white robe of righteousness.

The family bears the name of the Father. Those who enter the heavenly dwellings have his name and that of the holy city written on their foreheads. They will bear the imprint of heaven and be partakers of the divine nature.

God bless

Nick
    Participant

The fruit of faith is obedience.

Who would refuse the command of God given through Peter at Pentecost?

Seek ye FIRST the Kingdom and everything else will be added to you.

Berean
    Participant

Seek ye FIRST the Kingdom and everything else will be added to you.

More than ever.

Nick
    Participant

You cannot SEE the kingdom until you are born from above.

Berean
    Participant

Only GOD knows my heart and Jesus is my savior.
    He is the savior of the world.
    No one comes to God except through him, for he is the way, the truth and the life.
    Jacob’s Ladder!

IMMANUEL, GOD WITH US!

Nick
    Participant

Indeed God was in him and spoke through him and worked miracles through him.

God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself.

Do not miss the  1000 year Rest of God.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick you said…….> Indeed God was in him and spoke through him and worked miracles through him.

God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself.

I say…..> “AMEN to that brother” 

peace and love to you and yours Nick………gene

Berean
    Participant

@Nick

Me

Are you sure you understand what the Millennium will be and where it will happen….

In the meantime, reread what John wrote on this subject…
    Is he talking about rest in particular?
    What is it actually about (the whole chapter) ?

🙏

And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
    [2] And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
    [3] And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
    [4] And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5] But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
    [6] Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
    [7] And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
    [8] And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
    [9] And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
    [10] And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
    [11] And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
    [12] And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
    [13] And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
    [14] And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
    [15] And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Nick
    Participant

Hi Berean,

Some were beheaded for their witness to Jesus.

But does that mean spiritual beheading?

We who join the Body of Christ must allow Jesus Christ to be our head, and we are given a lesser role in service to God in him.

Berean
    Participant

What do you expect from the Millennium?
    Reign with Christ for a thousand years,

For what?

and then after?

Spiritual decapitation?
    Are you serious ?

Nick
    Participant

Hi Berean,

They are among those who are qualified to enter the Rest of God.

Berean
    Participant

Rest of God

for something very special:

Rev.20 “And I saw thrones, and 👉4a) they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them👈: …….👉; and 4b) they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.”

Do you see the link between v4a and 4b?

Nick
    Participant

Indeed Berean,

2 Tim 2 11

”..For if we died with him, we will also live with him,

If we endure, we will also Reign with him,

If we deny him he will deny us;

If we are faithless he remains faithful, fr he cannot deny himself.”

So why would anyone refuse the offer to be united with him in hs death so we can share in hs resurrection?

Beats me that human religion dogma denies so many life.

Nick
    Participant

Those who do not obey are not in the Rest of God but await their opportunity to be found with the rest the of mankind in the second resurrection, in the final judgement as shown in Mt 25.

It is a judgement of works done  towards  the brothers and sisters of the Lord Jesus.

Best to pass over from death to life while we yet live.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Berean, you ask……..>

What do you expect from the Millennium?
    Reign with Christ for a thousand years,

For what?

Berean……..The thousand year reign of Jesus and the Saint’s is to prove a, “very simple”  but, “very important point”.

This point is…….That no matter how perfect and righteous a government is and no evil deception exists in it,  even for a thousand years,  those ruled by it cannot cannot attain to the righteousness of God,   Jesus and the Saint’s were the only ones who were not deceived when,  after the thousand year rule of them was over, all the rest of humanity became deceived, when

Satan was released back into this earth again, why?

Why would so many, as the sand of the sea, follow Satan when he is released from the bottomless pit he was in?   Why bottomless, because there is no end of evil, it exists, will exist forever,  Therefore God himself must keep us from evil, by his Holy Spirit dwelling in us.

If the Spirit of God the Father doesn’t remain “IN” us, we like those in the thousand year reign of Jesus and the Saint’s, will turn unto what ever is influencing us the most.  Just like those do who exist at the end of the Millennial reign of Jesus and the Saint’s .

What’s the point? “YOU ASK”,    The point of the Millennial is just that, without the Spirit of God the Father “IN” us, we would all fail,  even Jesus would have failed also without the Spirit of the LIVING GOD “IN” HIM, the exact same thing applies to us all, “that God may be “IN ALL” and through “ALL”.   That is the “ONLY WAY” true righteous can exist “FOREVER”,  in us “ALL”. 

peace and love to you and yours Berean……….gene

Berean
    Participant

Nick

Those who do not obey are not in the Rest of God but await their opportunity to be found with the rest the of mankind in the second resurrection, in the final judgement as shown in Mt 25.

Me

opportunity to be found with the rest the of mankind in the second resurrection, in the final judgement as shown in Mt 25.

Opportunity ????

The Second Resurrection
    in Revelation 20 is without hope of eternal life because they will be seduced again by Satan after the thousand years and therefore destined to the lake of fire and brimstone.
    This is in fact what Jesus said to his detractors who sought to kill him.

Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
    [29] And shall come forth; they that have done good, 👉unto the resurrection of life;👈
    and they that have done evil, unto 👉the resurrection of damnation👈

THE SECOND RESURRECTION IS NOT FOR LIFE BUT FOR DAMNATION.

Berean
    Participant

Gene

The Time OF millenium IS a Time OF judgment

👇

And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them:

Those who will be able to judge are

👇

and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands;

and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 

Who will they judge?

👇

1Cor.6:2,3

Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?

Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

Math.19:28

And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 

Nick
    Participant

Hi Berean,

It seems you do not yet know the loving, tolerant and merciful ways of our God. He does not want any to be lost. Those who give a glass of water will not lose their reward.

” When did we see you?”

”Whatever you did for the least of my brethren you did for me”

Berean
    Participant

I was kinda expecting such a thought…
    but know that GOD does not save people against their will….

And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?
    [8] I tell you that he will avenge them quickly. Nevertheless when the Son of man comes, shall he find faith on the earth?

Luke 18

Viewing 20 posts - 1,041 through 1,060 (of 1,123 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account