Daily Devotions

Viewing 20 posts - 1,021 through 1,040 (of 1,123 total)
  • Author
    Berean
    Participant

Tell me how it is another gospel to receive Jesus in your heart….

🙏

Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

Here is the Daily Devotional

NICOLE CRAVING THE TRUTH, PART 2

One day, Nicole made a decision that changed everything. “I looked at my life and affirmed that I had nothing to show for it. I decided then to turn away from my former choices. The next day, I met the man who would become my husband.”

Nicole recalls, “I prayed and had a feeling of the love of Jesus washing over me. He loves me, and no sin is so great as to make that not so.”

That’s when a new search began. “I was simply craving the truth,” she says. Studying on her own, Nicole discovered that the Sabbath was actually Saturday and not Sunday. But she found herself increasingly disheartened to discover that most Christian churches observed Sunday as their day of worship. Nicole’s constant prayers became centered on asking Jesus to lead her to His true church.

She still remembers the moment when the light dawned and she knew her prayers were answered. “I landed on the Amazing Facts website,” she shares. “Here I was praying and asking Jesus to lead me to His true church, and what do you know, I was on the website at that very moment. It all clicked.”

Nicole saw a treasure house of discovery open to her. “Listening to Pastor Doug talk about the importance of confession and explain how to do it, I started confessing up a storm. I believe this is what kicked off such a remarkable life-changing experience for me.”

Today, living in Australia with her husband, Nicole continues to listen to Amazing Facts and grow in God’s healing. “I can hardly begin to put into words what it’s meant to have the Word opened up to me like this. Thank you so much for this profound ministry. Praise God! I just needed the truth.”

She adds, “It’s quite an extraordinary feeling to finally be at peace when you’ve struggled for most of your life and haven’t been able to make things work on your own.”

Nicole feels overwhelmed with abundance as she continues to witness God’s transforming power in her life. Today, her prayers are filled with thankfulness for the blessings of a wonderful marriage and a home of her own. “I’m more at peace than ever before. I am resolved to live a clean life and to follow Jesus in every way because I want my love for Him to be evident.”

Reflect: Do you have God’s peace in your life? Surrender all to Jesus and let Him pour out His love into your heart right now. Then God’s love will shine out of your life and bring light to people around you who are walking in darkness.

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
    “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”
    John 14:27 

From Amazing facts

God bless

Nick
    Participant

So you need Doug and the Amazing facts and Bob’s your uncle.

then surrender to Jesus and you are saved?

another gospel from the man called BEREAN.

Nick
    Participant

Where is RECEIVING JESUS IN YOUR HEART written as a path to salvation BEREAN?

Did you make it up?

Repent and every one of you be baptised in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

For there is no other name given under heaven by which we must be saved.

Those who want to save their own lives will lose it.

Berean
    Participant

And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Nick
    Participant

Hi Berean,

So it is Ok to imagine your own path, miss out the COMMAND and teach others to follow you?

Should you change your name?

Berean
    Participant

@Nick

You

Where is RECEIVING JESUS IN YOUR HEART written as a path to salvation BEREAN?

Did you make it up? 

Me

John 1
    He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name

Colossians 2:6
    Therefore, as you have received the Lord Jesus Christ, walk in him,

Matthew 10:40
    He who receives you receives me, and he who receives me receives him who sent me.

Matthew 18:5
    And whoever receives one little child like this in my name receives me.

🙏

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Berean……But Jesus said ……> “NO MAN CAN”, come unto him except the Father “DRAW” him”.  So if you “truly believe” Jesus then you can’t leave that part out can you?

peace and love to you and your Berean………..gene

Berean
    Participant

Gene,

You

But Jesus said ……> “NO MAN CAN”, come unto him except the Father “DRAW” him”.  So if you “truly believe” Jesus then you can’t leave that part out can you?

Me

I have, I believe, never suggested that this is not the case….
    It’s you who imagine these things…

Now what you are saying has nothing to do with what I said to Nick above. At least have the tact to stay on the topic at hand, namely “receiving Jesus in your heart”
    it seems that for Nick, it’s “another gospel”
    So, is it the same for you Gene?

🙏

Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

ALBERT SCHWEITZER REVERENCE FOR LIFE, PART 1

As he raised his slingshot and aimed at a bird, young Albert suddenly heard the church bells of his village in Alsace, what was then part of Germany, start ringing. He dropped his weapon and, to the surprise of his friend, ran toward the birds, waving his arms and scaring them away.

Even at an early age, Albert Schweitzer developed a reverence for life, a philosophy he carried with him for the rest of his life. Born into a wealthy family, Albert enjoyed privileges that others only dreamed about. His father, a Lutheran pastor, taught him to play music. He studied organ and later obtained a degree in theology at the University of Strasbourg in 1899.

Albert became principal of a theological college and enjoyed a career of teaching and writing. He was happy in his work and continued to pursue his love of music. But something tugged at his heart. A Bible verse summarized a pull he felt when he compared his happy life with the “care and suffering” he observed around him. “For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required …” (Luke 12:48).

“Even at school [as a child] I had felt stirred whenever I got a glimpse of the miserable home surroundings of some of my schoolfellows and compared them with the absolutely ideal conditions in which we children of the parsonage at Günsbach lived,” he once wrote.

Schweitzer wrestled with the life and teachings of Jesus. Liberal theologians of his time dismissed Christ as simply a moral teacher with humanitarian ideals. He wrote his own controversial views about Jesus while concluding that
    the only way to know Christ was to respond to His invitation, “Follow me …” (Matthew 4:19).

During this time, Albert was following his love for music and pursued a career as a musicologist with dreams of becoming an expert on J.S. Bach. He studied the organ in Paris and even wrote a definitive edition on Bach’s chorales and cantatas.

And then, one day, after reading an article from a missionary magazine about the giant medical needs in Africa, the gifted professor dropped a bombshell on friends and family that left them thinking he had lost his bearings.

Reflect: Can you think of a time in your life when you sensed God tugging at your heart? How did you respond? Remember that Jesus wants to lead you “in the paths of righteousness” (Psalm 23:3).

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
    “For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.”
    Matthew 16:25

From Amazing facts

God bless

Nick
    Participant

Another famous man.

bis this intended to inspire us?

Nick
    Participant

Hi Berean,

So you can just ignore the command to be born again and give intellectual assent?

yes it is another gospel based on ignorance of the real meaning of the words.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Berean…….Yes the gospel message we preach is Not the  gospel message  you preach by far, that my friend is for sure.   Your Jesus is who you worship as your god,  or equal to him.  We preach a Jesus who obeyed his “and” our God, a Jesus who never tried to make himself  equal to God the Father, a Jesus who said “he could do “Nothing” of himself.” ,  again do you truly believe Jesus and what he said?    We believe Jesus was exactly what he said he was….” I am the root and offspring of David”.  So again do you “truly” believe Jesus , we believe Jesus came into his “only” true existence when he was born on this earth  through his mother Mary, by God the Father , by him planting the seed of David into he womb,  not by planting  a preexisting Angel  into her womb through a “morphed” process, as you believe.

So most definitely we preach a different Jesus than you and your SDA church preach, that is for sure.

peace and love to you and yours Berean………..gene

Berean
    Participant

Nick &Gene

repent of being too
    unbelieving, bitter and slandering.And convert and you will receive the true Holy Spirit.
    Nick, you didn’t answer about receiving Jesus into your heart….
    I gave you the verses,
    why believe that it is another gospel?

here again
    👇
    John 1
    He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name

Colossians 2:6
    Therefore, as you have received the Lord Jesus Christ, walk in him,

Matthew 10:40
    He who receives you receives me, and he who receives me receives him who sent me.

Matthew 18:5
    And whoever receives one little child like this in my name receives me.

Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

ALBERT SCHWEITZER REVERENCE FOR LIFE, PART 2

Albert Schweitzer shocked his friends and family when, in 1905, he announced his decision to study medicine and then become a missionary doctor in equatorial Africa. A few years earlier, he wrote that after awakening one morning, “There came to me the thought … that I must not accept this happiness as a matter of course, but must give something in return for it.”

He had tried to settle the matter of Jesus’ saying, “For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it” (Matthew 16:25). So “with calm deliberation” he thought through the issue before getting out of bed. He concluded, “I would consider myself justified in living till I was thirty for science and art, in order to devote myself from that time forward to the direct service of humanity.”

His first thought was to work in Europe, perhaps in orphanages helping unfortunate children. But those doors never opened up. That’s when he stumbled upon an article from the Paris Missionary Society that outlined the need for medical work in the Congo. After setting down the magazine, “I quietly began my work. My search was over.”

Schweitzer’s friends and relatives thought he was making a foolish decision. They told him he was burying his talents. They pointed out that his best gifts were in the fields of science and art. One friend said he was like a general who wanted to stand at the front of the firing line. Another said he could do more good lecturing about the needs of medical work for the people in Africa than by actually serving the people on this large continent.

It was a far greater battle to follow his convictions than he realized— especially with so many well-meaning people who urged him not to go forward. But even though many “regarded me as a precocious young man, not quite right in his head,” Albert stepped forward into the unknown, taking the words of Christ seriously. For years he had “talked about the love of Christ,” but now he would “put it into practice.”

Reflect: What one thing could you do this week to move beyond merely “talking” about the love of Christ to “doing” the love of Christ? The Lord once told Moses at the Red Sea, “Tell the children of Israel to go forward” (Exodus 14:15).

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
    “For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:”
    Matthew 25:35

From A.Facts

God bless

Nick
    Participant

Hi Berean,

So your new gospel stands in your opinion?

Nick
    Participant

And your humanist examples continue to inspire you?

Berean
    Participant

please, respond to the post we send you and don’t distract the conversation.

Nick
    Participant

Salvation according to Berean.

look Mum no hands.

Nick
    Participant

So, in your profound opinion, receiving Jesus is your heart is a valid means of salvation, and it makes the preaching of Peter at Pentecost invalid?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,021 through 1,040 (of 1,123 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account