Covenants

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 501 through 520 (of 555 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    All need to discern that the new way is now the only way.

Rom10
    Romans 10
    1Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.

2For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.

3For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

4For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

5For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.

6But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:)

7Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)

8But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…….Rom 10:3 For they being (IGNORANT OF GOD'S RIGHTEOUSNESS) and going about to establish THEIR OWN RIGHTEOUSNESS, Have (NOT) submitted themselves unto the righteousness of GOD. Thats the hammer that hit the nail on the head as Jodi would say.

peace and love …………………………………..gene

kerwin
    Participant

Nick Hassan wrote:

All need to discern that the new way is now the only way.

So are you saying that Paul is speaking about the Jews that are Christians?  I ask that because the passage in Acts we are discussing is speaking about Jews that are Christians and so are also “zealous for the law”.

Here is a verse for you to consider.

Matthew 5:17-20(NIV) reads:

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

The last I noticed heaven and earth have not disappeared since the time Jesus this.   I am also reluctant to be called least in the kingdom of heaven.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Feb. 08 2009,09:16)
    Nick…….Rom 10:3 For they being (IGNORANT OF GOD'S RIGHTEOUSNESS) and going about to establish THEIR OWN RIGHTEOUSNESS, Have (NOT) submitted themselves unto the righteousness of GOD.  Thats the hammer that hit the nail on the head as Jodi would say.

peace and love …………………………………..gene

Scripture is consistent and Paul is still speaking of not using human effort to obtain true righteousness and holiness but rather to use faith ans so live by the Spirit.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin ………So whats your point? Is what i quoted wrong or what?

peace…………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.”

Jesus had yet to completely fulfill the law and the prophets when he said this. The law still does remain and has never disappeared. It is necessary as a support for the new way.

Romans 3:21
    But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

But neither jew nor greek should now seek justification through it as there is now no forgiveness under it and men will die in their sin.

Rom10 speaks of jews who have not submitted to the way of Christ.
    Romans 10:3
    For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

Christ is now the way.
    Romans 10:4
    For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…….I hope you mean by Law the ten commandments, The anointing or Christos the End of the Law for righteousness , not the beginning of it. Do you understand what that means , it means the the Spirit of GOD the CHRISTOS is the end of the law for righteousness. While Jesus through the CHRISTOS did fulfill the commandments of GOD, that does us not good unless we do also, through the same way he did. Whosoever (overcomes) EVEN AS I HAVE. The same way by the Same Anointing (CHRISTOS) as Jesus had.

love and peace to you………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,

Rom10
    Chapter 10
    4 For Christ [5547] is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Number 5547
    Transliteration:
    Christos {khris-tos'}
    Word Origin:
    from 5548
    TDNT:
    9:493,1322
    Part of Speech:
    adjective
    Usage in the KJV:
    Christ 569

Total: 569
    Definition:
    Christ = “anointed”
    Christ was the Messiah, the Son of God
    anointed

Do you take on yourself to say it means the ANOINTING rather than the ANOINTED?

1 John 2:27
    But the anointing [5545] which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing [5545]teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Anointing is a different word

Number 5545
    Transliteration:
    chrisma {khris'-mah}
    Word Origin:
    from 5548
    TDNT:
    9:493,1322
    Part of Speech:
    noun neuter
    Usage in the KJV:
    anointing 2, unction 1

Total: 3
    Definition:
    anything smeared on, unguent, ointment, usually prepared by the Hebrews from oil and aromatic herbs. Anointing was the inaugural ceremony for priests

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……Absolute the Anointing we have received from GOD is the End of the LAW for Righteousness Sake. No two way about it and it was the End for Righteousness Sake for Jesus also. Trying to dissociate us From Jesus is fallacy. “to him that overcomes the way (I) Jesus have. shall sit with me in my Kingdom , even as i Have and am sit with my Father in His Kingdom.” We are to be (EXACTLY) the SAME as JESUS or we will not be there brother. Many will come unto me saying Lord Lord. Many will come in my NAME saying I am HE (Christ) and deceive Many. So many preaching Jesus are deceiving Many. AS I have told you it not about Jesus it about the FATHER, and Jesus has told you the same thing Nick you need to listen to your “master”.

peace and love…………………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Did you not receive Christ?

Colossians 2:6
    Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him,

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….have you really recieve Christ Jesus, if so Believe what he said, “for the son of man can do (NOTHING) of HIMSELF, the FATHER in Him does the WORKS> The FATHER is SPIRIT and He was in Jesus BY the CHRISTOS. Give GOD the GLORY as Jesus did, don;t replace him with Jesus. This is something Jesus never did.

peace………………gene

kerwin
    Participant

Nick Hassan wrote:

But neither Jew nor Greek should now seek justification through it as there is now no forgiveness under it and men will die in their sin.

That is correct since it is living by the Spirit that we receive through faith in Jesus the Messiah that saves us.  There are other ways to paraphrase that such as saying we are saved by the blood of Jesus the Son of God.  Still one can practice traditions that are within the Law without rejecting the Spirit of God as Paul did in Jerusalem.

Nick Hassan wrote:

Rom10 speaks of Jews who have not submitted to the way of Christ.

You are correct that it speaks of those Jews who have chosen not to believe Jesus is the promised Messiah, even though they claim to serve God.  We have many that call themselves Christians who do the same thing.

Nick Hassan wrote:

Christ is now the way.

Christ is indeed the way whether for those who choose to follow the traditions written within the law or those that choose to follow other traditions such as celebrating Christmas, Easter, etc.

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ July 19 2007,11:41)
    Hi again kenrch.
        I forgot to add this scripture from Luke.24.   Notice verse 47,repentance has “BEEN GRANTED” to all.
    44 Now He said to them, “These are My words, which I speak to you, still being with you, for all must be fulfilled that is written in the law of Moses and the prophets and psalms concerning Me.”
    45 Then He opens up their mind to understand the scriptures,
    46 and said to them that “Thus it is written, and thus must the Christ be suffering and rise from among the dead the third day,
    47 and there is to be heralded in His name repentance for the pardon of sins, to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem.

Blessings.

bump

Cindy
    Participant

kerwin I do not know why you say even those that celebrate Christmas and Easter. So you believe that all those Holidays are Christians. Rev. tells us to come out of that system and worship in Spirit and in Truth.
    Christ was not born on Dec. 25 but a Pagan King was. Check your Encyclopedia. That is the whole problem all go by tradition.
    Peace and Love Irene

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ Feb. 09 2009,20:47)
    kerwin  I do not know why you say even those that celebrate Christmas and Easter. So you believe that all those Holidays are Christians. Rev. tells us to come out of that system and worship in Spirit and in Truth.
    Christ was not born on Dec. 25 but a Pagan King was. Check your Encyclopedia. That is the whole problem all go by tradition.
    Peace and Love Irene

I believe those are traditions and that there are people who believe they are celebrating them for God.  Since they are God's servants who am I to judge them just as it is written:

Romans 14:4(NIV) reads:

Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand

Your concern seems to be that they are worshiping a false God and if that is the case you should rebuke them.   Still there is no evidence of that, though many do follow a false doctrine and so should be rebuked for that. On the other hand I would advise you not to celebrate those days because to you it is sinful to do so.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    So what makes a person a servant of God?
    Do they have to enter the new covenant?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 10 2009,00:04)
    Hi KW,
    So what makes a person a servant of God?
    Do they have to enter the new covenant?

If a person is a servant of God then they will enter the New Covenant when given the opportunity to do so.  Apollos in Acts 18:24-28 is an example of this.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    So God has servants who are later covenanted?

Acts
    24And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, and mighty in the scriptures, came to Ephesus.

25This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John.

26And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly.

So how does being finely tuned in knowledge bring us into the covenant?
    He was already fervent in the Spirit.

Cindy
    Participant

kerwin Don't you think that one has to be born from above in order to understand the things of God. We are under the New Covenant and that means that we are under grace. Salvation is a free gift from God by Faith in Christ Jesus our Lord. So nobody can boast. But that doesn't mean we can just slug around and be lazy. Our Job is to grow to become more like Christ. That is a servant of God. We serve and worship our Almighty God daily. So let us in unity stand with Jesus amd do or Fathers job.
    Peace and Love Irene

kerwin
    Participant

Cindy(Irene) wrote:

Don't you think that one has to be born from above in order to understand the things of God.

I think that the only way you can understand the things of God is if God chooses to reveal them to you and you are open to listen.   If that is what you are saying then I agree with you.

Cindy(Irene) wrote:

We are under the New Covenant and that means that we are under grace.

We are under grace but grace was given in the Old Testament as well.  In fact Paul uses an example of being under grace from the Old Testament to prove we are under grace in the New Covenant.  God is the one who makes his people hunger and thirst for righteousness for He is our creator.

Cindy(Irene) wrote:

Salvation is a free gift from God by Faith in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I agree but the words themselves can deceive those that are not sincere since despite salvation being a free gift you have to make every effort to obtain it just as it is written:

Luke 13:23-24(NIV) reads:

Someone asked him, “Lord, are only a few people going to be saved?”  He said to them, “Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to.

Cindy(Irene) wrote:

So nobody can boast. But that doesn't mean we can just slug around and be lazy. Our Job is to grow to become more like Christ. That is a servant of God. We serve and worship our Almighty God daily. So let us in unity stand with Jesus and do our Father’s job.

Sounds like you are rephrasing Jesus’ words from Luke 13 above.

Viewing 20 posts - 501 through 520 (of 555 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account