Concious mind vs unconcious mind (flesh?)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 116 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

terrarica,

I believe we can mature in the Spirit to be tempted as we are now but without sin.

Miracles, prophecy are a gifts of the Spirit but the fruits are more important.

Jesus did not lie.

kerwin
    Participant

terraricca,

Have you not read Hebrews?

Hebrews 4:15New English Translation (NET Bible)

15 For we do not have a high priest incapable of sympathizing with our weaknesses, but one who has been tempted in every way just as we are, yet without sin.

The point is that he was tempted as we are but without sin being conceived in him.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

That is your understanding but it is flawed as reason has abandoned you on this point. Seek first God’s righteousness and his kingdom and all else will be given to you.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

But where you stand is not a safe place to judge the truth of others.

You are your own standard it seems.

terraricca
    Participant

kw

you seem not to understand that Jesus talked to his disciples and Paul ,

so what is it that others have ? tell me

terraricca
    Participant

kw

The point is that he was tempted as we are but without sin being conceived in him.

this is wrong ;Jesus did not produce the actions that can be called a sin ,

Jas 1:14 but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed.
    Jas 1:15 Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin;

NOW WAS JESUS IN POSSESSION OF EVIL DESIRES ? NO,HE WAS PERFECT AND TOTALLY OBEDIENT TO HIS HEAVENLY FATHER ,SO TELL ME HOW COULD HE HAVE FAILED ?ONLY IF HE WOULD HAVE LEFT HIS FATHER SIDE OF WISDOM ,

kerwin
    Participant

terrarica,

You disagree with Hebrews 4:15 and I do not. It is clear that in order for Jesus to have been tempted even as we are that he did have evil desires. Otherwise Hebrews 4:15 or James 1:14 is false and Scripture cannot be broken.

It is also obvious that the lust did not conceive or give birth to sin.

Strive to change your beliefs so that they agree with what is written.

terraricca
    Participant

You do not understand your own scripture and not Jame or Peter

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

In case you do not realize it evil desires come from the flesh and Jesus had the flesh as well as the Spirit and he chose to live by the Spirit and not by the flesh. In this way he overcame the world. All sin is the fruit of the flesh and all righteousness is the fruit of the Spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Of course the flesh itself is one of the very good creations of God.

But now contaminated by the evil  god of this world.

Sin comes, not from food, but from within

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

The unconscious mind is part of the flesh.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Then where is this UNCONSCIOUS MIND spoken of in scripture?

It is of the world and you would mix the ideas of the world with truth.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Do you believe the bible is the word of God?

You treat it like it is a world in itself when it is instead the truth of all things.

It is not a book of fiction that you suspend your unbelief when reading.

If it is true that humanity has an unconscious mind then that knowledge is of God.

Every time flesh is mentioned the word includes the unconscious mind if it includes those things attributed to the unconscious mind.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

“If it is true that humanity has an unconscious mind then that knowledge is of God.”

So it the psych folk tell you of such a thing it becomes as true as if it was written in the bible?

How confused are you?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

“You treat it like it is a world in itself when it is instead the truth of all things.”

If you believe this why do you accept also the teachings of the world??

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

So it the psych folk tell you of such a thing it becomes as true as if it was written in the bible?

These words are from the flesh because I did not say what you claim I said. The truth is truth because it is true and no other reason.

You can test the concept easy enough.

I can assure you that both a conscious and subconscious mind exist because both operate regularly in my life. The unconscious mind is harder to detect as it is unconscious. I do know memories are buried so deep that they are only recalled under certain circumstances. I also know I act instinctively at times.

Please try not to be ruled by a spirit of accusation but instead seek godly knowledge.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

You are hold to a teaching that is false.

The world and everything in it was created by God but those things of the world that are the result of the Adam’s sin are the things of this world and not of the world before the fall or of the world to come.

The teaching of this world are those that are based on the principles of flesh or corrupted by the same.

God is not separate from his creation as he is present in all things.

Do not forget that “wisdom crieth without; she uttereth her voice in the streets”. (Proverbs 1:20)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kW,

Now you even offer your own observations about your life as some sort of useful evidence

You see these observations as if they are as credible as scripture.

Such deception is rarely seen.

Then you claim with no basis that God is present in all things!!

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

All I hear from you is lack of belief in the words of Scripture.

My life is evidence as like Paul I too struggle with the flesh. When are you understand that Scripture is not a fantasy novel but is occurring all around you, in your life, and in mine.

It also occurred in Freud’s life and he testified of it in his own words.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Who is Freud in spiritual terms?

And who are you?

Find a solid foundation.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 116 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account