Compound Unity Trinity

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    shimmer
    Participant

Ah this is patheitc. You can carry on acting so strange it doesnt worry me. I have a pizza to cook.

Proclaimer
    Participant

I'm curious, what books in the bible teach the compound unity again?

princess
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 01 2011,12:31)

Mike,

The best example I can give you of triad god belief is from Hinduism. The origin of the religion is unknown and cannot be dated, nor can a founder be attached to it.
    The belief consist of three deities, Brahma, Visnu and Siva, called the Trimurti, these deities can have many forms and have many names. The earliest statue of this deity is a three headed person, later arms and legs are added.

So when a triad believer speaks, I see three heads, each taking a turns speaking, a binity believer, speaking out of both sides of their mouth, I know it may seem a bit to the oddity to understand this as such, however, it is my current understanding.

What I have come to learn that many faiths have similar beliefs, which for your benefit, would be the be attitudes, and what some call the ten commandments. Everything that is taught or lessons that are to be given, are thrown under the rug, due to ones cannot get past what or who is the true god.

It seems that natural selection had a part to play in with what gods stayed and ones that did not. Most would take the most popular of gods, usually the ones that had the duty of health, well being and creator were kept, others falling at the way side, these gods would be combined to make one god, then the cycle would continue, a new god of wealth could come along and become popular and then this god would take the place of one of the other gods. The ultimate goal was to have the best gods. Actually the closest religion to ancient beliefs is the catholic religion, having a triad god, with saints that are to be reverence and prayed to, also they are one of the few modern religions that have a woman as a deity.

princess
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 01 2011,16:09)
    Princess,

Kathi, is it your goal in life to insult ones intelligence level, it seems to be a repeatative habit of yours.

Really good example of doing the twist here…you are the one that started the whole thing about my boring posts…you are the initiator here and I stand up to you.  Don't get confused.  I will keep posting as long as I care to if you keep throwing your insults my way.  If you want a thread without me in it, stop throwing the punches at me.  Easy!

Kathi,

I have never insulted your intelligence, tis not part of me to do so. I do question your beliefs and find them to be lacking, hence the boredom comes into play.

I think you should remove yourself from this thread, this is a discussion of multi god beliefs and why some adhere to them, the origins and how this belief came to be and why it is so widely accepted.

It is no use to get emotional with me and hurl insults, does not have an effect on me what so ever. Princess' have no need for such in their lives, tis a waste of energy, that can be put to good use somewhere else. Composure is of up most importance.

Pastry
    Participant

Kathi!  Why are you posting here?  When I posted in the tread that Keith started, He told me to get lost….so it is only fair to us for you to stop posting here.  Nobody insulted you, only your doctrine….. You have denied Scriptures over and over again, and truthfully I was happy when princess started this tread….I like to know why you started to believe this…..And of all people you made some nasty remarks towards shimmer…. Stop…..Irene

shimmer
    Participant

Just laugh at them Princess, because they are really funny, the three I mean.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 31 2011,22:09)
    So, I will correct that misrepresentation (of YOURS) right here in this thread.

Hi Kathi,

It seems to me that the scriptures you posted here are the same scriptures you recently posted in my “One, Two, or Three” thread, so let's address them over in that thread, okay? Not one of them makes Jesus be God Almighty, but this is not the thread for me to show you that.

I have already addressed your first one, Isaiah 54:5, two nights ago, and have been waiting for a response from you.

Please let this thread be for the intended purpose.

mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Princess and All,

I found this very interesting.  It is from Watchtower Publications:

The striking similarity readily observable when comparing the gods and goddesses of ancient peoples can hardly be attributed to chance. Concerning this, J. Garnier writes: “Not merely Egyptians, Chaldeans, Phoenicians, Greeks and Romans, but also the Hindus, the Buddhists of China and of Thibet, the Goths, Anglo-Saxons, Druids, Mexicans and Peruvians, the Aborigines of Australia, and even the savages of the South Sea Islands, must have all derived their religious ideas from a common source and a common centre. Everywhere we find the most startling coincidences in rites, ceremonies, customs, traditions, and in the names and relations of their respective gods and goddesses.”—The Worship of the Dead, London, 1904, p. 3.

The evidence of Scripture points to the land of Shinar as the post-Flood birthplace of false religious concepts. Undoubtedly under the direction of Nimrod, “a mighty hunter in opposition to Jehovah,” the building of the city of Babel and its tower, likely a ziggurat to be used for false worship, began. This building project was undertaken, not to bring honor to Jehovah God, but for the self-glorification of the builders, who desired to make “a celebrated name” for themselves. Also, it was in direct opposition to God’s purpose, which was for mankind to spread about in the earth. The Almighty frustrated the plans of these builders by confusing their language. No longer being able to understand one another, they gradually left off building the city and were scattered. (Ge 10:8-10; 11:2-9) However, Nimrod apparently remained at Babel and expanded his dominion, founding the first Babylonian Empire.—Ge 10:11, 12.

Babylonian Deities.

After the death of Nimrod, the Babylonians reasonably would have been inclined to hold him in high regard as the founder and builder and first king of their city and as the organizer of the original Babylonian Empire. Tradition has it that Nimrod died a violent death. Since the god Marduk (Merodach) was regarded as the founder of Babylon, it has been suggested by some that Marduk represents the deified Nimrod. However, the opinions of scholars as to the identification of deities with specific humans are quite varied.
    With the passage of time, the gods of the first Babylonian Empire began to multiply. The pantheon came to have a number of triads of gods, or deities.

Much more to come later.

peace,
    mike

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Sep. 02 2011,09:29)
    Just laugh at them Princess, because they are really funny, the three I mean.

Another example of a trinity?

terraricca
    Participant

all

what is tree gods ,in Athens where Paul came to preach they have so many even one unknown ,just to cover all grounds would I say.
    AC 17:23
    Pierre

princess
    Participant

The Greeks saw all human experiences as an agon, a battle of words and deeds. the agon was so basic to the Greeks that they had gods who represented conflicts in life. Apollo & Dionysos, Apollo par excellence, self control, self knowledge, or reason and controlled emotions, Dionysos, violated limits of human life, creative & destructive, also related to nature, fertility and wine. Together they encompassed Greek life.

princess
    Participant

What is interesting is that as much as multi gods were worshiped by the ancients, a faith of one God came out of Persia, Zoroastrianism. This faith placed high importance on freedom of moral choices and encouraged believers to make good moral decisions in every aspect of their life, the spiritual and physical spheres were not separated, since both were created by 'Ahura Mazda', they considered to appreciate all things in life, so enjoying life was nothing less than a religious duty. Charity, education which help people live better lives and more enjoyable ones was also highly valued.

The religion taught to only worship one deity 'the wise Lord', other gods were considered daevas, and saw them as spirits of destruction. Angra Mainyu is the opponent of Ahura Mazda, but not his equal. The believe that Ahura Mazda will be followed by three saviors, the third of these saviors will overcome evil in a cataclysmic battle. The Last Judgment will ensue Angra will be banished and Ahura will reign supreme. Zoroastrians look forward to this time of judgment, they do not see it at the end of the world, instead as a restoration of the cosmos, that will join together heaven and earth.

Belief is in heaven and hell, free will, paths already laid out, a person should be able to distinguish good from bad, to make good moral decisions (which separates humans from animals) regular prayers & worship, maintaining ritual purity, proper rituals and festivals, and one is to marry another follower to preserve the religion. Moral values, tell the truth, charity, loving toward fellow humans, moderation in diet, keeping promises, be honest in business dealings, hard work, respect elders and superiors, search for knowledge and wisdom. Be tolerant and forgiving towards others, make enemies your friends. Good thoughts, good deeds and good words.

Anger, greed, idleness, arrogance, adultery, vengeance, bad language, violence, turning away faith is condemned.

Pastry
    Participant

princess! I was just reading your article and what comes to mind is how the trinity came about…. How today they worship the creation, rather then the Creator….And on top of it, even teach it to others….
    Not using plain written Scriptures that we have ONE God who made us all….
    To think that the Holy Spirit of God is a person amazes me over and over again…. You can show them that the Holy Spirit is the Fathers Spirit and they call it it, is the Father of Jesus….Not realizing that the Holy Spirit is the power from God and not a person…. So sad….. And then to say that because Jesus believes and does the will of His Father, Jesus now is called Jehovah… in spite of given Scriptures that state Jehovah is the God on Highs name alone….for those that reading this these are the Scriptures.

Psa 83:18 That [men] may know that thou, whose name alone [is] JEHOVAH, [art] the most high over all the earth.

Psa 68:4 Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name Jehovah, and rejoice before him.

Psa 97:9 For thou, LORD, [art] high above all the earth: thou art exalted far above all gods.

I also want to make the reader here aware that when it says LORD in all capital Letters, in the Old Testament Scriptures, it means Jehovah God….

The reason for that is in the footnotes of our Ryrie Study Bible it say that the translators did not want to use Jehovah's name, because they were afraid to use His name in vain…..

There are Scriptures that say there is only ONE LORD and none beside Him.

Deu 4:35 Unto thee it was shewed, that thou mightest know that the LORD he [is] God; [there is] none else beside him.

Deu 6:4 ¶ Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God [is] one LORD:

Deu 6:5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

Deu 6:6 ¶ And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:

And my favorite in

Eph 4:6 One God and Father of all, who [is] above all, and through all, and in you all.

So why is it that some still ignore these Scriptures and say Jehovah God is two and not ONE, and the trinitarians say three Gods in ONE… there is no such a thing….

It was Quintus Septimus Florence Tertullian who firas came up with the trinity… He was born in Cartridge North Africa to Pagan Parents in A.D. 155…. The Christians at that time were heavily persecuted and died by the millions…. It was the Roman Emperor Constantine who after three centuries of brutal and bloody persecution, issued an edit granting all Christians full freedom to practice their religion….The Roman Universal Church became the official Church of His empire….It is known as the Roman Catholic Church today, it had its beginning back then….
    Unfortunately He also changed the Calendar from Gods Calendar into the Roman… The New Year starts in the middle of winter, while Gods starts in the Spring… The day started at dawn while now it starts at midnight…. The Romans wee used to mufti Gods religions, so to them that was nothing new….
    There is so much more….
    We are glad about all of this knowledge God has revealed to us, but sad because we do have Family members still in the Catholic Church….. One day soon when Jesus returns He will set all straight…to that day I am forever looking forward to….Peace and Love Irene.

Proclaimer
    Participant

The YHWH Compound Unity Being (YCUB) is not taught in scripture and we are taught that there is one One God the Father. That said, I will play along with this game again just to show that you can make anything a compound unity if you desire.

1 Timothy 5:21
    I charge you, in the sight of God and Christ Jesus and the elect angels

A compound unity being made up of the Binity plus the angels of light?
    Or is it God, Jesus, and the elect angels.

You be the judge.

:)

Proclaimer
    Participant

Matthew 15:8
    “‘This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from me;

Again we see an example of a singular demomstrative pronoun, 'this.' with a compound unity designated as 'people.'

When proponents of this doctrine use a word that designates a group, that has nothing to do with God. Because if YHWH (God) is a group, then reading say: 1 Timothy 5:21

I charge you, in the sight of God and Christ Jesus and the elect angels

means God (Binity-Father+Jesus) + Jesus + elect angels.
    NOTE: there are 2 that are called Jesus when you read 1 Timothy 5:21 through the filters of the Binity Doctrine.

Obviously the attempt to teach that God is not one person or identity rather a group (of 2 in this case) fails many scriptures. It is not hard to imagine how many scriptures are violated with this understanding, but to give some kind of clue, we only need to try these 100 scriptures and read the word God as Binity or Father and Son, then watch the scriptures break apart.

Proponents of the Binity or YHWH Compund Unity Being need ask themselves why that is. If they are brave enough to ask, then that is good.

Here is the page:
    http://www.heaven.net.nz/writings/trinity-11.htm

[Edited to remove required responses from those who teach this doctrine and to make it a more generic post.]

terraricca
    Participant

all

someone can be overcome by the evil one ,this would mean by his own concept of thinking just like Satan,

Pierre

Lightenup
    Participant

t8 has addressed two posts to me, above, why if I am not to post here, where do I answer him? t8 do you have that answer?

Pastry
    Participant

Kathi! You want others to respect when you specify a tread, so why can't you…. You have every opportunity to reply on your tread………You went as far as having my post deleted, but you are aloud to do whatever you want to????? Respect goes both ways….

Proclaimer
    Participant

Oh right, I was forgot that you can't post here.
    I will remove all personal references, although you are not named anyway.

Surely I can quote the teaching of the YCUB in this thread.
    What is really needed is an open discussion on this subject though.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi Princess,

Nice avatar. :) Do you have any idea why the ancients settled on THREE in their Godheads?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 66 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account