Commandments in the NT

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    kejonn
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Sep. 26 2007,09:03)
    BUt you are missing a blessing, believe me. :)

Perhaps, but I think you would be very, very hard pressed getting anyone to see that you have been blessed by observing it. Maybe people who know you personally, but for all of the people you have been condemning on here, we would see it as a curse, and not a blessing. Blessings lead to joy, and not many people have seen much of that from you in weeks.

Don't forget about the fruit Ken.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kejonn……> the pharisees were constantly Putting Jesus down about the sabbath, and what was his answer, “My Father works here unto and so do I”, the sabbath was (MADE FOR MAN) and (NOT MAN FOR THE SABBATH) , and again is it right to do good or evil on the Sabbath day and ect, These (PHARSIEES) used the sabbath constantly to put Jesus Down because of the works he was doing on the sabbath. Jesus acused then of straining out a gnat and swallowing a camel. This fixsation on sundown friday to sundown saturday misses the whole Idea of God's sabbath. Ken can watch the sun go down for eternity and it wont amount to anything. The principle of the Sabbath is what counts, and that intering to a eternal rest with our Heavenly Father, and thats not one physical day of the week. WE need to remember where it say's “He that believes (HAS) intered into that rest…..People can view things through Spiritual eyes or carnal eyes. The pharisees thought they were Spiritual but we know they were carnal, and while they troughted the sabbath all the time , they were nothing but liers and murders in the hearts. Jesus gave us a (NEW) commamdment and that was to love GOD and each other. And Paul said the (WHOLE LAW) is fullfilled in one word, Love your Neighbor as yourself. And thers is (NO) Law against such. I personel believe we are better of not to even respond to Ken it ovisously it does no good, sundown friday to sundown saturday has become his self righteous cloak so let him ware it, and lets see how far it gets him.

The sabbath Principle is very important, but it goes way beyond one day a week.
    It shows the salvation principle of us ceasing from our works (of the flesh) and puting ourselves to death (REST) and letting the Spirit of God Work in us. The sabbath day was a picture of that rest we enter into and its not just one day a week…….peace and blessings to you Kejonn

kenrch
    Participant

NEW TESTAMENT COMMANDMENTS

1. 1Corinthians 10:14 Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry.
    See also 1 Cor 6:9, Acts 17:16&23,
    Romans 2:22&23, 1John 5:21

2. Acts 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought
    not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone,
    graven by art and man's device. See also 1 Cor 12:2

3. James 5:12 But above all things, my brethren, swear not, neither by
    heaven, neither by the earth, neither by any other oath…
    lest ye fall into condemnation.

4. Luke 23:56 And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and
    rested the sabbath day according to the commandment.
    **Hebrews 4 4&9 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh [day] on this
    wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
    There remaineth therefore a (keeping of a sabbath-see margin) rest
    to the people of God.
    Acts 17:2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three
    sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,
    Acts 13:42&44 And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the
    Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the
    next sabbath. And the next sabbath day came almost the
    whole city together to hear the word of God.
    See also Acts 16:13

5. Ephesians 6:1-2 Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. Honour
    thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with promise;
    See also Romans 1:30

6. James 2:11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill.
    Romans 13:9 Thou shalt not kill,.
    See also Romans1:29

7. 1 Thessalonians 4:3 For this is the will of God, [even] your sanctification, that ye
    should abstain from fornication:
    James 2:11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill.
    See also 1Cor 6:9, Romans 2:22, Romans 1:29, Romans 13:9

8. Romans 13:9 Thou shalt not steal.
    1 Thessalonians 4:6 That no [man] go beyond and defraud his brother in [any] matter:
    See also 1Cor 6:10

9. Colossians 3:9 Lie not one to another
    Romans 13:9 Thou shalt not bear false witness

10. Romans 13:9 Thou shalt not covet;
    See also 1 Cor 6:10, Romans 1:29

I have given you the definition of Heb. 4:9!

Now I have given you the Commandments listed in the “New Testament”

BUT IT WON'T BE ENOUGH! So what's the point of continuing?

BTW Where is your proof that the “Commandments of God” are NOT the Ten Commandments.

What law was written on stone then written on our heart? Do you have on your heart to sacrifice animals? It just so happens that the forth is part of the TEN commandments.

Yes! I sure will defend the Commandments Of my Father till I die! And beyond! :)

The sword cuts deep doesn't it? Let me ask you kejonn what would you be giving up if you kept the forth commandment.

As far as work if it comes to that you keep your job and pray for another so you can keep the forth commandment.

Given that the forth commandment is the ONE Commandment Satan has attacked and continues to attack; Why would any one mention the commandments Satan is NOT attacking?

Which commandment did the HARLOT CHANGE? And Why did she change it?

I don't believed any one has answered those questions YET! NO all you people want to do is try to prove scripture wrong.

The Historical facts say that the Harlot changed the Commandment. The Harlot herself tells you their are NO SCRIPTURES that changed the Sabbath.

Kejonn you have a one sided view because you do not want to keep the forth commandment. My question is WHY? You are STILL listening to the WHORE the same who has the Trinity. Are you scared to grow in the Lord? Don't you want more truth? It doesn't seem like it!

Would you kejonn like to compare scriptures for and against the commandments of God?

All you and the others want to do is look at my faults. Well I can't be that bad God has chosen me to spread His Truth.

I tell you the truth with all the scripture and just it being a commandment of God “I would surely try and keep the forth commandment”.

What do you get if you keep another day besides the seventh Day of God? What please tell me what do you get besides a LIE of the HARLOT!!!

Would you rather keep the commandments of men? If it isn't the seventh day then that is exactly what you are doing, right? Mark 7:7

Stop bring up the forth commandment and I will stop replying. I get NO pleasure (as others) in “arguing”.

As long as people teach that you “don't” have to keep the forth commandment (Mat. 5:19) then I will Defend all of the commandments but again the only one Satan attacks is the forth.

Mar 7:7 in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.'
    Mar 7:8 You leave the commandment of God and hold to the tradition of men.”

Come out of Her my brother “PLEASE”. I'm not telling any one Not to do as the Father ask. I'm begging you to keep your Father's commandment that Satan has changed.

As the definition states the forth commandment points to an “eternal” Sabbath when God will be all in all.

Is what you have learned from man correct?

I pray for everyone here to understand what is at stake.

The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

God bless you,

Ken

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Sep. 26 2007,12:42)
    NEW TESTAMENT COMMANDMENTS

1. 1Corinthians 10:14 Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry.
    See also 1 Cor 6:9, Acts 17:16&23,
    Romans 2:22&23, 1John 5:21

Yes, a command.

2. Acts 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought
    not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone,
    graven by art and man's device. See also 1 Cor 12:2

No command, but strong teaching. Fine.

3. James 5:12 But above all things, my brethren, swear not, neither by
    heaven, neither by the earth, neither by any other oath…
    lest ye fall into condemnation.

A command.

4. Luke 23:56 And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and
    rested the sabbath day according to the commandment.
    **Hebrews 4 4&9 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh [day] on this
    wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
    There remaineth therefore a (keeping of a sabbath-see margin) rest
    to the people of God.
    Acts 17:2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three
    sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,
    Acts 13:42&44 And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the
    Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the
    next sabbath. And the next sabbath day came almost the
    whole city together to hear the word of God.
    See also Acts 16:13

Jews doing what Jews were taught to do. No commands in here, just examples of Jewish people adhering to the the 4th commandment. Where is the command to the Gentiles not under the old covenant? Or even the strong teaching by implication? Not mentioned even once in any of Paul's epistles to Gentile believers…and the Gentiles asked for it because they knew that is where they would be. Makes all the sense in the world. But even in these, you see nothing on the Sabbath outside of teaching.

5. Ephesians 6:1-2 Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. Honour
    thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with promise;
    See also Romans 1:30

Command.

6. James 2:11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill.
    Romans 13:9 Thou shalt not kill,.
    See also Romans1:29

Command.

7. 1 Thessalonians 4:3 For this is the will of God, [even] your sanctification, that ye
    should abstain from fornication:
    James 2:11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill.
    See also 1Cor 6:9, Romans 2:22, Romans 1:29, Romans 13:9

Command.

8. Romans 13:9 Thou shalt not steal.
    1 Thessalonians 4:6 That no [man] go beyond and defraud his brother in [any] matter:
    See also 1Cor 6:10

Command.

9. Colossians 3:9 Lie not one to another
    Romans 13:9 Thou shalt not bear false witness

Command.

10. Romans 13:9 Thou shalt not covet;
    See also 1 Cor 6:10, Romans 1:29

Command.

I have given you the definition of Heb. 4:9!

Unfortunately, your “definition” does not agree with what this verse is saying. The Sabbath rest in Heb 4:9 is the Sabbath rest we will have when we lay this life down and enter His presence. It is an eternal Sabbath. It speaks of entering the rest, but does it say anything about leaving it? The 7th day Sabbath is one day a week, it comes and goes, the eternal Sabbath will last forever! Just like God, we will rest from our works.

Now I have given you the Commandments listed in the “New Testament”

Not all of them. What about those given by Yeshua in Matthew 5-7? What about other things Yeshua commands of us? Are they not commandments of God?

Joh 12:49  “For I did not speak on My own initiative, but the Father Himself who sent Me has given Me a commandment as to what to say and what to speak.

Joh 12:50  “I know that His commandment is eternal life; therefore the things I speak, I speak just as the Father has told Me.”

Joh 14:10  “Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on My own initiative, but the Father abiding in Me does His works.

Yet you only want to say that God's commandments are the Ten. Do you then ignore the things Yeshua said because they were not written on stone tablets?

BUT IT WON'T BE ENOUGH!  So what's the point of continuing?

BTW Where is your proof that the “Commandments of God” are NOT the Ten Commandments.

See above.

What law was written on stone then written on our heart?  Do you have on your heart to sacrifice animals?  It just so happens that the forth is part of the TEN commandments.

Not all of the commandments given in the Torah were sacrificial or ceremonial. Some spoke of the treatment of servants, etc. Yeshua's commands, from God, were not written on stone. Where do you find that it was ONLY the ones written in stone that were written on our heart?

Yes! I sure will defend the Commandments Of my Father till I die!  And beyond! :)

The sword cuts deep doesn't it?  Let me ask you kejonn what would you be giving up if you kept the forth commandment.

What would I gain? Self righteousness? I don't seek such. By your words and actions, you have shown us the fruit of a devout Sabbath keeper. You are rapidly becoming a Christian Pharisee.

Mat 5:16  “Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven

“Let your light shine in such a way”. We can't see your “good works” because your light is not shining in a manner similar to the Messiah.

As far as work if it comes to that you keep your job and pray for another so you can keep the forth commandment.

Given that the forth commandment is the ONE Commandment Satan has attacked and continues to attack; Why would any one mention the commandments Satan is NOT attacking?

These are your words. Satan hasn't attacked all of them? Do not Christians commit adultery? Steal? Lie? Bear false witness? Covet?

Which commandment did the HARLOT CHANGE?  And Why did she change it?

Did she really? Does she have such power? I think not.

I don't believed any one has answered those questions YET!  NO all you people want to do is try to prove scripture wrong.

Scripture is not wrong, but you've yet to show where your interpetation of it is right.

The Historical facts say that the Harlot changed the Commandment.  The Harlot herself tells you their are NO SCRIPTURES that changed the Sabbath.

Show me where scripture says the sabbath will be changed by the Harlot.

Kejonn you have a one sided view because you do not want to keep the forth commandment.  My question is WHY?  You are STILL listening to the WHORE the same who has the Trinity.  Are you scared to grow in the Lord?  Don't you want more truth?  It doesn't seem like it!

If “growing in the Lord” means I become spiteful and mean-spirited, have outbursts of anger, enmity…no thanks. I'd rather grow in the Lord in love, joy, longsuffering, meekness, kindness, gentleness, and self-control.

Would you kejonn like to compare scriptures for and against the commandments of God?

All you and the others want to do is look at my faults.  Well I can't be that bad God has chosen me to spread His Truth.

What makes you certain? Did he tell you to spread it in the manner you do? Are you certain you are hearing from the right spirit? Has this been affirmed by anyone but yourself?

I tell you the truth with all the scripture and just it being a commandment of God “I would surely try and keep the forth commandment”.

What do you get if you keep another day besides the seventh Day of God?  What please tell me what do you get besides a LIE of the HARLOT!!!

You mist have really been burn in the catholic church. All we do is pray for you because your hatred is started to become scary. At least you you haven't started calling other people harlots and whores.

Would you rather keep the commandments of men?  If it isn't the seventh day then that is exactly what you are doing, right? Mark 7:7

This had to do with the oral traditions of the Jews. You can find many of them in the Talmud.

Stop bring up the forth commandment and I will stop replying.  I get NO pleasure (as others) in “arguing”.  

This is the funniest line in the whole post. YOU are the one who brings the fourth commandment into almost every thread you contribute to. As I told you, it was the reason I started the Sabbath thread, so that you would stop hijacking every thread you posted in with something about the Sabbath.

As long as people teach that you “don't” have to keep the forth commandment (Mat. 5:19) then I will Defend all of the commandments but again the only one Satan attacks is the forth.

Mar 7:7  in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.'
    Mar 7:8  You leave the commandment of God and hold to the tradition of men.”

Again, this is all about the oral traditions they had developed. These oral traditions were put to paper about 200 AD (Talmud), but they were well circulated among the Jews before that. This is what Yeshua was talking about. If you call anything in the Torah “of men” then you do not believe in the innerancy of scripture.

Come out of Her my brother “PLEASE”.  I'm not telling any one Not to do as the Father ask.  I'm begging you to keep your Father's commandment that Satan has changed.

Satan didn't change a thing. “The devil made me do it”. Satan has no authority that God does not allow.

As the definition states the forth commandment points to an “eternal” Sabbath when God will be all in all.

Is what you have learned from man correct?

What have you to counter it? Words from you, yet another man? Are you something more now?

I pray for everyone here to understand what is at stake.

The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

God bless you,

Ken

Yes, it is. Check your fruit.

kenrch
    Participant

Heb 4:9  So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God,

Sabbath in Christianity
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

While a clear mandate is given for the Sabbath in Exodus 20:8-11 and Deuteronomy 5:12-15, the closest passage to a command for Sabbath-keeping in the New Testament is found in Hebrews 4:9, which describes the Sabbath not as a day, but instead as a state of being, the context and grammar of the passage indicate otherwise. In that passage is found the word “sabbatismos.” The Authorized Version (King James Version of 1611) and New King James Version and several others render that word as “rest.” The American Standard Version of 1901, New American Standard Bible 1995 Updated Edition and several other translations somewhat more correctly render that word as “Sabbath rest.” A few, such as the Darby translation, transliterate the word as “Sabbatism.” However, its literal translation is “Sabbath observance,” and The Scriptures, translated by The Institute For Scripture Research, render it as such, while The Bible in Basic English gives the equally literal “Sabbath keeping.” In regard to taking Sabbatismos literally, Professor Andrew T. Lincoln, on page 213 in his symposium From Sabbath to Lord's Day, states “The use of sabbatismos elsewhere in extant Greek literature gives an indication of its more exact shade of meaning. It is used in Plutarch, De Superstitione 3 (Moralia166A) of Sabbath observance. There are also four occurrences in post canonical literature that are independent of Hebrews 4:9. They are Justin, Dialogue with Trypho 23:3; Epiphanius, Adversus Haereses 30:2:2; Martyrium Petri et Pauli 1; Apostolic Constitutions 2:36:2. In each of these places the term denotes the observance or celebration of the Sabbath. This usage corresponds to the Septuagint usage of the cognate verb sabbatizo (cf. Ex. 16:30; Lev. 23:32; 26:34; 2 Chron. 36:21

Thus the writer to the Hebrews is saying that since the time of Joshua an observance of the Sabbath rest has been outstanding.” The literal translation then of Hebrews 4:9 is “Therefore a Sabbath observance has been left behind for the people of God.” Further, the internal evidence of the preceding verses would indicate that the Sabbath observance mentioned in this verse is indeed the seventh day Sabbath and not the Lord's Day Sabbath. In verse 8, the Hebrew writer states, “For if Joshua had given them rest, he would not have afterward spoken of another day.” On first glance in our English translations, that word “another” would give the appearance of a different day. However, in the Greek, there are two words that mean “another”. “Heteros” means “another of a different kind”, while “allos” means “another of the same kind”. The word used in Hebrews 4:8 is “allos”, indicating a Sabbath day of the same kind as referred to in Hebrews 4:8-5, that is, the seventh-day Sabbath. In verse 7, the Hebrews writer uses the term “certain day”. The Greek word for “certain” is “tis”. It is clearly referencing a specific day, and not the general thought of an eternal rest. The force of Hebrews 3:11-4:11 then seems to be saying that because Christians look toward the eternal rest of heaven, the type or shadow of the earthly Sabbath rest still remains, or is “left behind”, literally, for Christians to observe.

The “eternal” rest has “not” happened so therefore their remains a “Sabbath rest” for the people of God.

Can it be any clearer?

The people of God keep the Sabbath because it points to the eternal rest when God will be all in all, Amen. :D

Kejonn are you saying you won't keep the forth commandment?

By Not keeping the seventh day then you are siding with the Harlot.

You have the truth about the Trinity but you still follow her other doctrine.

Jesus said He would be in the tomb three days and three nights. You say you agree.

Those who keep Sunday are calling Jesus a liar and that He is not the Messiah.

Wow just look at the forth commandment.

The forth commandment is God's Sabbath.

Jesus was resurrected on the Sabbath.

The Sabbath points to an eternal rest that has NOT been fulfilled.

Like those laws of the coming Messiah Jesus fulfilled because He is the Messiah. SO the Sabbath points to the eternal rest which yet future and has NOT been fulfilled.

If Jesus had not fulfilled the sacrificial laws then you would have to keep the law that Moses wrote, would you not? Isa 56:6

Are we in the eternal rest? Is Satan still deceiving people?

Keep the forth commandment OR don't, that is between you and Jesus and Our Father.

Come out of her “MY” People.

Again, kejonn are you saying that you reject and are not going to keep the forth commandment?

God bless,

Ken

kejonn
    Participant

Ken,

Enough of the Sabbath. It has its own thread. This thread is for much more.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Romans 7.14 tells us the Law is spiritual.
    But scripture also defines some matters as carnal.

Hebrews 7:16
    Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.

Hebrews 9:10
    Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Keras,
    You say

But, after this sudden and shocking event, those who love the Lord and keep His commandments, have His amazing promises of redemption and the restoration of the Holy Land, where they will gather and live in peace and security.”

Do you mean the Jews and the Law?

Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account