Commandments in the NT

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    kejonn
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Sep. 23 2007,23:26)
    keyonn Who are the blueletter orig. ? I never heard of that before. Are there scriptures to go along with that. In Genesis 17:10-11 God made a Covenant with Abraham. And Abraham did everything that God asked Him to do. But He never gave Him the 10 commandments.

Peace and Love Mrs.

http://www.blueletter.org

It is an online Bible. It has many different versions, but it has the KJV with Strong's numbers, so very valuable.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Sep. 25 2007,13:03)
    Hey Ken,

What does Yeshua mean by “these commandments” in Mat 5:19? Look in the context of the chapter…

Kejonn,

Here is your context:

Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Has heaven and earth passed away?

Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
    Mat 5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Sin is Sin and the definition of sin is “still” trangression of the law period, 1John3:4.

It's your choice, not mine. I have already decided to keep His Commandments.

IHN,

Ken

IM4Truth
    Participant

keyonn Thank you I had gone already on the web and I seen that it was a Bible. Very interesting. I never heard of that before. Will look into it some more.

Peace and Love Mrs.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Sep. 24 2007,21:21)

Hey Ken,

What does Yeshua mean by “these commandments” in Mat 5:19? Look in the context of the chapter…

Kejonn,

Here is your context:

Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
    Mat 5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Sin is Sin and the definition of sin is “still” trangression of the law period, 1John3:4.

It's your choice, not mine. I have already decided to keep His Commandments.

IHN,

Ken

Ken,

The Law is the Torah. Do you obey all of the commandments found in the Torah? You can't escape this.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Sep. 25 2007,23:29)

Quote (kenrch @ Sep. 24 2007,21:21)

Hey Ken,

Kejonn,

Here is your context:

Mat 5:18  For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Mat 5:19  Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
    Mat 5:20  For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

It's your choice, not mine.  I have already decided to keep His Commandments.

IHN,

Ken

Ken,

The Law is the Torah. Do you obey all of the commandments found in the Torah? You can't escape this.

Gen 26:5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

Commandments is separate from the statues and laws.

Only the Ten Commandments were written in stone and placed INSIDE the ARK.

Deu 10:4 And he wrote on the tables, according to the first writing, the ten commandments, which the LORD spake unto you in the mount out of the midst of the fire in the day of the assembly: and the LORD gave them unto me.

Deu 31:9 And Moses wrote this law, and delivered it unto the priests the sons of Levi, which bare the ark of the covenant of the LORD, and unto all the elders of Israel.

Deu 31:25 That Moses commanded the Levites, which bare the ark of the covenant of the LORD, saying,

Deu 31:25 Moses commanded the Levites who carried the ark of the covenant of the LORD,
    Deu 31:26 “Take this Book of the Law and put it by the side of the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it may be there for a witness against you.

Luk 24:26 Was it not necessary that the Christ should suffer these things and enter into his glory?”
    Luk 24:27 And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he interpreted to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning himself.

Luk 24:44 Then he said to them, “These are my words that I spoke to you while I was still with you, that everything written about me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled.”

Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Their you have it “scripture” says that God wrote the Ten Commandments those commandments written in stone was placed inside the ark.

The law that God gave to Moses to write was placed “on the side” of the ark And fulfilled by Christ.

Joh 5:19 So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of his own accord, but only what he sees the Father doing. For whatever the Father does, that the Son does likewise.

Joh 12:49 For I have not spoken on my own authority, but the Father who sent me has himself given me a commandment–what to say and what to speak.

The Father gave Jesus what to say. Do you believe this scripture?

Joh 14:15 “If you love me, you will keep my commandments.

Do you believe that Jesus is the Son of God and spoke the words the Father gave Him?

Do you believe John 14:15?
    What commandments is Jesus your Savior speaking of here in John 14:15?

Mat 19:18 He said to him, “Which ones?” And Jesus said, “You shall not murder, You shall not commit adultery, You shall not steal, You shall not bear false witness,
    Mat 19:19 Honor your father and mother, and, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

I know Jesus didn't mention the forth Commandment but He didn't mention the first commandment either. Gees may be He figured you knew what He was talking about.

Seventy years after His Resurrection Jesus knew His people would be keeping the forth Commandment.

Mat 24:20 Pray that your flight may not be in winter or on a Sabbath.

If the commandments were to be done away with then Jesus didn't know it.

I'm being threatened to being kick off heaven net for sharing scriptural truth. But in the mean time an “ATHEIST” is allowed to spread his garbage.

Hmm Is there something wrong with that? :D

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Sep. 25 2007,09:50)

Mat 5:19  Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Gen 26:5  Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

Ken, this is not correct. The Law is the Torah, and there are many commandments contained therein, not just the Ten Commandments. Here is a statment made by Moses before the Ten were given:

Exo 15:26  And He said, “If you will give earnest heed to the voice of the LORD your God, and do what is right in His sight, and give ear to His commandments, and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have put on the Egyptians; for I, the LORD, am your healer.”

Here are some more, and these statements were made in and around commands, outside of the Ten Commandments,  given to the children of Israel under Moses.

Lev 22:31  “So you shall keep My commandments, and do them; I am the LORD.

Lev 27:34  These are the commandments which the LORD commanded Moses for the sons of Israel at Mount Sinai.

Num 15:22  'But when you unwittingly fail and do not observe all these commandments, which the LORD has spoken to Moses,

Num 36:13  These are the commandments and the ordinances which the LORD commanded to the sons of Israel through Moses in the plains of Moab by the Jordan opposite Jericho.

Deu 4:2  “You shall not add to the word which I am commanding you, nor take away from it, that you may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

Deu 4:40  “So you shall keep His statutes and His commandments which I am giving you today, that it may go well with you and with your children after you, and that you may live long on the land which the LORD your God is giving you for all time.”

Deu 5:31  'But as for you, stand here by Me, that I may speak to you all the commandments and the statutes and the judgments which you shall teach them, that they may observe them in the land which I give them to possess.'

This is but a sampling. Now, when God through Moses wanted to be more specific, this is what you will find:

Exo 34:28  So he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did not eat bread or drink water. And he wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant, the Ten Commandments.

Deu 4:13  “So He declared to you His covenant which He commanded you to perform, that is, the Ten Commandments; and He wrote them on two tablets of stone.

Deu 10:4  “He wrote on the tablets, like the former writing, the Ten Commandments which the LORD had spoken to you on the mountain from the midst of the fire on the day of the assembly; and the LORD gave them to me.

Note that in 2 of 3 times that the Ten Commandments is mentioned it is called a “covenant”. Yet, there are many more instances where you will see the words “commandments” or “commandment” in the OT, and it surrounded more commands given to the children of Israel.

So, are you really so certain that Yeshua is ONLY speaking of the Ten Commandments when he uses the word “commandments”? Why are you so certain? Will you line up next to me in heaven some day because you have been teaching people to observe ONLY the Ten Commandments when Yeshua specifically said “The Law”? Thus you will be numbered among the “least” in heaven. What of this verse from Hebrews?

Heb 9:19  For when every commandment had been spoken by Moses to all the people according to the Law, he took the blood of the calves and the goats, with water and scarlet wool and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book itself and all the people

Deu 10:4  And he wrote on the tables, according to the first writing, the ten commandments, which the LORD spake unto you in the mount out of the midst of the fire in the day of the assembly: and the LORD gave them unto me.

Deu 31:9  And Moses wrote this law, and delivered it unto the priests the sons of Levi, which bare the ark of the covenant of the LORD, and unto all the elders of Israel.

Deu 31:25  That Moses commanded the Levites, which bare the ark of the covenant of the LORD, saying,

Deu 31:25  Moses commanded the Levites who carried the ark of the covenant of the LORD,
    Deu 31:26  “Take this Book of the Law and put it by the side of the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it may be there for a witness against you.

Luk 24:26  Was it not necessary that the Christ should suffer these things and enter into his glory?”
    Luk 24:27  And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he interpreted to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning himself.

Luk 24:44  Then he said to them, “These are my words that I spoke to you while I was still with you, that everything written about me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled.”

Mat 5:17  Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
    Mat 5:18  For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
    Mat 5:20  For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Their you have it “scripture” says that God wrote the Ten Commandments those commandments written in stone was placed inside the ark.

But you missed one of the verses you quoted. Let me show you again:

Deu 31:26  “Take this book of the law and place it beside the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it may remain there as a witness against you.

Where does Yeshua say anything about what was inside the ark? He says this:

Mat 5:17  “Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill.
    Mat 5:18  “For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished.

The law that God gave to Moses to write was placed “on the side” of the ark And fulfilled by Christ.

Show me where he fulfilled the Law? He came to fulfill, but it is not complete just yet. Does the verse you listed right here not say that none of the Law will pass away until heaven and earth pass away?

Joh 5:19  So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, t
    he Son can do nothing of his own accord, but only what he sees the Father doing. For whatever the Father does, that the Son does likewise.

Joh 12:49  For I have not spoken on my own authority, but the Father who sent me has himself given me a commandment–what to say and what to speak.

The Father gave Jesus what to say.  Do you believe this scripture?

But you believe it is only the Ten Commandments. You have yet to provide a shred of scriptural evidence to support your claim.

Joh 14:15  “If you love me, you will keep my commandments.

Do you believe that Jesus is the Son of God and spoke the words the Father gave Him?

Mat 19:18  He said to him, “Which ones?” And Jesus said, “You shall not murder, You shall not commit adultery, You shall not steal, You shall not bear false witness,
    Mat 19:19  Honor your father and mother, and, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

I know Jesus didn't mention the forth Commandment but He didn't mention the first commandment either.  Gees may be He figured you knew what He was talking about.

Seventy years after His Resurrection Jesus knew His people would be keeping the forth Commandment.

ALWAYS have to mention the Sabbath, don't you? Why do you have to be so specific? What did Yeshua say after this?

And why didn't he mention the fourth? Why would he not “assume” that the others would be obeyed as well? Why did he not be specific about it and say “Ten commandments”? Mosed did 3 times, and Yeshua had access to the Torah.

Mat 19:21  Jesus said to him, “If you wish to be complete, go and sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.”

Mat 24:20  Pray that your flight may not be in winter or on a Sabbath.

Yeshua was a Jew speaking to Jews. What did you expect? What of Paul, the Apostle to the Gentiles?

I'm being threatened to being kick off heaven net for sharing scriptural truth.  But in the mean time an “ATHEIST” is allowed to spread his garbage.

I don't know who is threatening to kick you off, but it wouldn't be for sharing scriptural truth. I would dare say it would be the manner in which you are “sharing” that might be turning people off. But then I've already told you that on several occassions.

Fianlly, remember that 2 out of 3 verses where the phrase” Ten Commandments” was written, it was called a “covenant”. What then is this:

Luk 22:20  And in the same way He took the cup after they had eaten, saying, “This cup which is poured out for you is the new covenant in My blood.

2Co 3:6  who also made us adequate as servants of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life

Heb 8:6  But as it is, Christ has obtained a ministry that is as much more excellent than the old as the covenant he mediates is better, since it is enacted on better promises.
    Heb 8:7  For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion to look for a second.
    Heb 8:8  For he finds fault with them when he says: “Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will establish a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah,
    Heb 8:9  not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt. For they did not continue in my covenant, and so I showed no concern for them, declares the Lord.
    Heb 8:10  For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my laws into their minds, and write them on their hearts, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
    Heb 8:11  And they shall not teach, each one his neighbor and each one his brother, saying, 'Know the Lord,' for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest.
    Heb 8:12  For I will be merciful toward their iniquities, and I will remember their sins no more.”
    Heb 8:13  In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Heb 9:15  For this reason He is the mediator of a new covenant, so that, since a death has taken place for the redemption of the transgressions that were committed under the first covenant, those who have been called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Sep. 26 2007,04:28)

Quote (kenrch @ Sep. 25 2007,09:50)

Gen 26:5  Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

Ken, this is not correct. The Law is the Torah, and there are many commandments contained therein, not just the Ten Commandments. Here is a statment made by Moses before the Ten were given:

Exo 15:26  And He said, “If you will give earnest heed to the voice of the LORD your God, and do what is right in His sight, and give ear to His commandments, and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have put on the Egyptians; for I, the LORD, am your healer.”

Here are some more, and these statements were made in and around commands, outside of the Ten Commandments,  given to the children of Israel under Moses.

Lev 22:31  “So you shall keep My commandments, and do them; I am the LORD.

Lev 27:34  These are the commandments which the LORD commanded Moses for the sons of Israel at Mount Sinai.

Num 15:22  'But when you unwittingly fail and do not observe all these commandments, which the LORD has spoken to Moses,

Num 36:13  These are the commandments and the ordinances which the LORD commanded to the sons of Israel through Moses in the plains of Moab by the Jordan opposite Jericho.

Deu 4:2  “You shall not add to the word which I am commanding you, nor take away from it, that you may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

Deu 4:40  “So you shall keep His statutes and His commandments which I am giving you today, that it may go well with you and with your children after you, and that you may live long on the land which the LORD your God is giving you for all time.”

Deu 5:31  'But as for you, stand here by Me, that I may speak to you all the commandments and the statutes and the judgments which you shall teach them, that they may observe them in the land which I give them to possess.'

This is but a sampling. Now, when God through Moses wanted to be more specific, this is what you will find:

Exo 34:28  So he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did not eat bread or drink water. And he wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant, the Ten Commandments.

Deu 4:13  “So He declared to you His covenant which He commanded you to perform, that is, the Ten Commandments; and He wrote them on two tablets of stone.

Deu 10:4  “He wrote on the tablets, like the former writing, the Ten Commandments which the LORD had spoken to you on the mountain from the midst of the fire on the day of the assembly; and the LORD gave them to me.

Note that in 2 of 3 times that the Ten Commandments is mentioned it is called a “covenant”. Yet, there are many more instances where you will see the words “commandments” or “commandment” in the OT, and it surrounded more commands given to the children of Israel.

So, are you really so certain that Yeshua is ONLY speaking of the Ten Commandments when he uses the word “commandments”? Why are you so certain? Will you line up next to me in heaven some day because you have been teaching people to observe ONLY the Ten Commandments when Yeshua specifically said “The Law”? Thus you will be numbered among the “least” in heaven. What of this verse from Hebrews?

Heb 9:19  For when every commandment had been spoken by Moses to all the people according to the Law, he took the blood of the calves and the goats, with water and scarlet wool and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book itself and all the people

Deu 10:4  And he wrote on the tables, according to the first writing, the ten commandments, which the LORD spake unto you in the mount out of the midst of the fire in the day of the assembly: and the LORD gave them unto me.

Deu 31:9  And Moses wrote this law, and delivered it unto the priests the sons of Levi, which bare the ark of the covenant of the LORD, and unto all the elders of Israel.

Deu 31:25  That Moses commanded the Levites, which bare the ark of the covenant of the LORD, saying,

Deu 31:25  Moses commanded the Levites who carried the ark of the covenant of the LORD,
    Deu 31:26  “Take this Book of the Law and put it by the side of the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it may be there for a witness against you.

Luk 24:26  Was it not necessary that the Christ should suffer these things and enter into his glory?”
    Luk 24:27  And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he interpreted to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning himself.

Luk 24:44  Then he said to them, “These are my words that I spoke to you while I was still with you, that everything written about me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled.”

Mat 5:17  Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

But you missed one of the verses you quoted. Let me show you again:

Deu 31:26  “Take this book of the law and place it beside the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it may remain there as a witness against you.

Where does Yeshua say anything about what was inside the ark? He says this:

Mat 5:17  “Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill.
    Mat 5:18  “For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished.

Show me where he fulfilled the Law? He came to fulfill, but it is not complete just yet. Does the verse you listed right here not say that none of the Law will pass away until heaven and earth pass away?

Joh 5:19  So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of his own accord, but only what he sees the Father doing. For whatever the Father does, that the Son does likewise.

Joh 12:49  For I have not spoken on my own authority, but the Father who sent me has himself given me a commandment–what to say and what to speak.

The Father gave Jesus what to say.  Do you believe this scripture?

But you believe it is only the Ten Commandments. You have yet to provide a shred of scriptural evidence to support your claim.

Joh 14:15  “If you love me, you will keep my commandments.

Mat 19:18  He said to him, “Which ones?” And Jesus said, “You shall not murder, You shall not commit adultery, You shall not steal, You shall not bear false witness,
    Mat 19:19  Honor your father and mother, and, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

I know Jesus didn't mention the forth Commandment but He didn't mention the first commandment either.  Gees may be He figured you knew what He was talking about.

ALWAYS have to mention the Sabbath, don't you? Why do you have to be so specific? What did Yeshua say after this?

And why didn't he mention the fourth? Why would he not “assume” that the others would be obeyed as well? Why did he not be specific about it and say “Ten commandments”? Mosed did 3 times, and Yeshua had access to the Torah.

Mat 19:21  Jesus said to him, “If you wish to be complete, go and sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.”

Mat 24:20  Pray that your flight may not be in winter or on a Sabbath.

Yeshua was a Jew speaking to Jews. What did you expect? What of Paul, the Apostle to the Gentiles?

I'm being threatened to being kick off heaven net for sharing scriptural truth.  But in the mean time an “ATHEIST” is allowed to spread his garbage.

I don't know who is threatening to kick you off, but it wouldn't be for sharing scriptural truth. I would dare say it would be the manner in which you are “sharing” that might be turning people off. But then I've already told you that on several occassions.

Fianlly, remember that 2 out of 3 verses where the phrase” Ten Commandments” was written, it was called a “covenant”. What then is this:

Luk 22:20  And in the same way He took the cup after they had eaten, saying, “This cup which is poured out for you is the new covenant in My blood.

2Co 3:6  who also made us adequate as servants of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life

Heb 8:6  But as it is, Christ has obtained a ministry that is as much more excellent than the old as the covenant he mediates is better, since it is enacted on better promises.
    Heb 8:7  For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion to look for a second.
    Heb 8:8  For he finds fault with them when he says: “Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will establish a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah,
    Heb 8:9  not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt. For they did not continue in my covenant, and so I showed no concern for them, declares the Lord.
    Heb 8:10  For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my laws into their minds, and write them on their hearts, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
    Heb 8:11  And they shall not teach, each one his neighbor and each one his brother, saying, 'Know the Lord,' for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest.
    Heb 8:12  For I will be merciful toward their iniquities, and I will remember their sins no more.”
    Heb 8:13  In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Heb 9:15  For this reason He is the mediator of a new covenant, so that, since a death has taken place for the redemption of the transgressions that were committed under the first covenant, those who have been called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.

Kejonn Why did God stop writing after He wrote the Ten Commandments?

Why did He give the rest of the law to Moses to write.

Did the ALMIGHTY get writers cramp?

Why were the Ten Commandments that God wrote IN STONE placed INSIDE the ark AND the Law He gave Moses to write placed OUTSIDE the Ark.

What scriptures HAVEN'T I given?!

Would it better if I lied but lied in a “smooth” way?

The ATHEIST can spread his garbage as long as it is smooth.

You keep what you want, of course I'm not here to “force” any one even if I could I would not. What good would that do God wants your heart. HE wants COMPASSION NOT Sacrifice.

REMEMBER to keep the Sabbath.

Yes I will always mention the Sabbath and if you were a murderer I would always mention the sixth Commandment.

Their is only ONE Commandment Satan has gone after, Only one he and his Harlot and daughters teach against, WHY?

You Keep all the commandments but ONE, WHY?

WHY? Their is only ONE Commandment you have to remember but you refuse to do that….Amazing. It is amazing the simple way the Father has chosen to prove who are His.

Joh 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

ALL of the Daughters and their Mother the Harlot keep any day but the Seventh. The forth Commandment If I were you I would start asking WHY?

None of you will be able to say “I DIDN'T KNOW”!

Act 17:30 The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent,

How does one come out of the Harlot? Is it by breaking God's commandments? Or is it because YOU BREAK His Commandments that you are in the Harlot.

Sin IS Transgression of the LAW. OR has that changed too :D

Surely that scripture needs to be erased. It MUST be a Mistranslation because we don't have to kee
    p His Commandments :D

Rev 18:4 Then I heard another voice from heaven saying, “Come out of her, my people, lest you take part in her sins, lest you share in her plagues;

Now how are “HIS PEOPLE” in the Harlot? These people are Christians because they believe Jesus but they are in the Harlot. How are these people in the Harlot?

Do you know Kejonn? Please tell me How are Christians in the Harlot. Here's a hint What is the only commandment that Satan has gone after?

It's sad :(

kenrch
    Participant

Oh! I see NOW.  Jesus came died for my sins so I could break His Father's Commandments which is sin????????? ???

Which of the Ten commandments points to the sacrifice of the Messiah.

What law did Jesus fulfill?

Luk 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Jesus fulfilled (according to scripture) the law that was concerning HIM, the Messiah.

Again Which Of the TEN Commandments pointed to the coming Messiah?

kejonn
    Participant

Ken,

Yes the Ten Commandments were written in stone, and were the covenant with the children of Israel after the Exodus. What of it? This proves nothing in relation to the word “commandments” in the NT. You've still yet to prove it.

So are you saying that all of the times Moses said there were other commandments from YHWH, that they weren't really? Are you saying Moses was lying to the Israelites? So even if it says “My commandments”, all of those given to Moses in the first 5 books of the Bible, the Torah, are His commandments as well. Or are you saying they are not? Because Yeshua say “The Law”, which, as I said, is the Torah. You have no proof whatseover that the “commandments” in the NT are just the Ten Commandments.

And as far as your idea that the Ten Commandments must be what “commandments” are in the NT, just because they were written on stone, what of this?

2Co 3:1  Are we beginning to commend ourselves again? Or do we need, as some, letters of commendation to you or from you?
    2Co 3:2  You are our letter, written in our hearts, known and read by all men;
    2Co 3:3  being manifested that you are a letter of Christ, cared for by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.
    2Co 3:4  Such confidence we have through Christ toward God.
    2Co 3:5  Not that we are adequate in ourselves to consider anything as coming from ourselves, but our adequacy is from God,
    2Co 3:6  who also made us adequate as servants of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
    2Co 3:7  But if the ministry of death, in letters engraved on stones, came with glory, so that the sons of Israel could not look intently at the face of Moses because of the glory of his face, fading as it was,
    2Co 3:8  how will the ministry of the Spirit fail to be even more with glory?

Ken, I would say you are so obsessed with the Sabbath that it has now become bondage to you. You may not think so, but it is quite apparant by the way you react to everyone who disagrees with you in any way about it. I think you may be a living example of the bondage that comes with putting yourself under the Law to find righteousness.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

kenrch…..>you study the scriptures, and in them you think You have (LIFE), But they are those that spoke of me (Jesus said) But you won't come to me (JESUS) in order to have life. It also say's the LAW and Prophets were (UNTIL) John but after that the KINGDOM OF GOD IS PREACHED, You seem to thing by watching the sun go down friday night and saturday night makes you right with GOD, big mustake, You are using it as a measuring stick for others spirituality and your own spirituality. But I tell you you can watch the sun go down friday and saturday for eterinity and it won't make right with GOD at all, the pharisees were doing that also and stressing the (LAWS) all the time but what was really in their heart, they were liers and murderes. So you can acuse and condesend on others all you want to about the sabbath, but if your heart is not right then you are no more than another Pharisee, holding up the Law as a form of their (selfrighteousness) but in reality were liers and murders and theives. if someone believes the sabbath is far greater then the sun going down on friday to saturday, who are to Judge that. Have you faith, have it unto yourself. If thats your cup of tea then drink it and be happy. You are not our savior or anyone else either. Let every man be convinced in his own mind what he or she should do, you've already expressed your opinions, we all have heard it a hundred time infact it to a point where people are leaving this site because of (YOUR) ofences, why do you want to descourage and run people off this site, Who is really leading you, I doin't believe its the Spirit of GOD. ………>gene

kejonn
    Participant

Other commandments given

Num 4:37  These are the numbered men of the Kohathite families, everyone who was serving in the tent of meeting, whom Moses and Aaron numbered according to the commandment of the LORD through Moses.

Num 10:13  So they moved out for the first time according to the commandment of the LORD through Moses.

Num 15:31  'Because he has despised the word of the LORD and has broken His commandment, that person shall be completely cut off; his guilt will be on him.'” [There are several commadments preceding this, and they aren't the Ten]

Deu 11:22  “For if you are careful to keep all this commandment which I am commanding you to do, to love the LORD your God, to walk in all His ways and hold fast to Him, [Moses goes on to tell these, and it is much more than the Ten]

kenrch
    Participant

It is not me you find fault with but with God and His commandments.
    Now I don't have the Spirit of God because I keep His Commandments.
    Hmm I would think it would be the other way around. The saints of the last days are keeping God's commandments Rev. 14:12.  
    So who are those who “don't” keep His commandments? Matt.7:21-23

Notice that those who walk in the spirit keep the Commandments just as ALL of the other scriptures say “Keep the commandments of God”.

Rom 8:5  For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
    Rom 8:6  For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
    Rom 8:7  Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Rom 8:8  So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
    Rom 8:9  But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Of Course I have the forth commandment on my heart and brain because it IS the commandment Satan has gone after.  If Satan would have gone after any of the other nine then I would have that commandment on my heart and mind.

But It Is The Forth Commandment That He Goes After, Why?

Because the forth Commandment you have to Remember.  The forth Commandment is your choice.  The Father said through His Son “IF you love ME keep My Commandments”. Their are TEN Commandments why do you just keep nine?

Jam 2:8  If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:  But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors. For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
    Jam 2:11  For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.

Do you commit adultery?  Do you kill?  Then why do you break the forth commandment?  Because you were TAUGHT to break the forth commandment.  We all were by the Harlot. What day does the Harlot and her daughters keep and teach?

Why would anyone want to keep the same day that the whore keeps?  Well either they don't know better OR they are of the Harlot. What other choice is there.  Have you ever noticed that their are no gray areas with God.

Rev 3:15  I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
    Rev 3:16  So because thou art lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spew thee out of my mouth. Compare Mat. 7:21-23

If you keep the fourth Commandment what will happen?  Is the Father going to punish you for keeping the forth commandment?

What will happen if you don't keep the forth commandment?
    1Jo 3:4  Everyone who makes a practice of sinning also practices lawlessness; sin is lawlessness.

Gees what is so horrible about the forth commandment?
    Praise God for the Internet.  I would be stoned by now. :)

I can just about see your fangs from here :D

Remember you have no excuse you have been told, ok? :(

Come out of her MY people is the call. Lest you partake of her plagues.  This is where we are at in scripture.

You who say I am judging do you judge with the Trinity? :)

God bless you all,

Ken

kejonn
    Participant

Ken,

You still have not shown that the commandments spoken of in the NT are the Ten Commandments…so you speak of breaking one (the fourth) while you may yourself be breaking many. Why do you choose to only follow the Ten Commandments?

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Sep. 26 2007,10:59)
    Ken,

You still have not shown that the commandments spoken of in the NT are the Ten Commandments…so you speak of breaking one (the fourth) while you may yourself be breaking many. Why do you choose to only follow the Ten Commandments?

Kejonn why do I choose to obey God?

How many commandments are their? We have been taught by the Harlot to keep Sunday. Why? Because she said so! That's her excuse for changing the day. Dan 7:25

I choose MY Father and not the Harlot's day.

That is your choice! Their is no other choice! You either keep the Father's forth conmmandment OR you keep the Harlot's commandment.

God bless you Kejonn,

Ken

kejonn
    Participant

Ken,
    According to wikipedia

The 613 Mitzvot or 613 Commandments (Hebrew: תרי”ג מצוות‎ transliterated as Taryag mitzvot; TaRYaG is the acronym for the numeric value of “613”) are a list of commandments from God in the Torah. Jewish tradition holds that the Torah contains 613 distinct mitzvot.

Look back over the Torah. You will find that there were many more than the Ten Commandments.

YOU are the one obsessed with the 4th commandment. I would say that the last 200-300 of you posts have likely been on the Sabbath. You have thus either turned the Sabbath into an idol, or you are in bondage to it. That is exactly the reaction that Yeshua knew was the result of looking for righteousness in the Law.

But like I said, you have absolutely no grounds to say that the commandments in the NT are JUST the Ten Commandments. What about the multitudes of other commandments given in the OT?

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Sep. 26 2007,11:36)
    Ken,
    According to wikipedia

The 613 Mitzvot or 613 Commandments (Hebrew: תרי”ג מצוות‎ transliterated as Taryag mitzvot; TaRYaG is the acronym for the numeric value of “613”) are a list of commandments from God in the Torah. Jewish tradition holds that the Torah contains 613 distinct mitzvot.

Look back over the Torah. You will find that there were many more than the Ten Commandments.

YOU are the one obsessed with the 4th commandment. I would say that the last 200-300 of you posts have likely been on the Sabbath. You have thus either turned the Sabbath into an idol, or you are in bondage to it. That is exactly the reaction that Yeshua knew was the result of looking for righteousness in the Law.

But like I said, you have absolutely no grounds to say that the commandments in the NT are JUST the Ten Commandments. What about the multitudes of other commandments given in the OT?

You are right I would have you all understand but that won't happen. :(

Which “Commandments” did God write?

How many did God write?

Deu 10:4 And he wrote on the tablets, in the same writing as before, the Ten Commandments that the LORD had spoken to you on the mountain out of the midst of the fire on the day of the assembly. And the LORD gave them to me.

I love the truth and the truth is we are to keep the commandments of God.

God bless,

Ken

kejonn
    Participant

Where does it say that we love Him if we keep the commandments that He wrote on stone tablets? The commandments of the Torah came from God too.

kenrch
    Participant

Heb 4:9  So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God,

Sabbath in Christianity
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

While a clear mandate is given for the Sabbath in Exodus 20:8-11 and Deuteronomy 5:12-15, the closest passage to a command for Sabbath-keeping in the New Testament is found in Hebrews 4:9, which describes the Sabbath not as a day, but instead as a state of being, the context and grammar of the passage indicate otherwise. In that passage is found the word “sabbatismos.” The Authorized Version (King James Version of 1611) and New King James Version and several others render that word as “rest.” The American Standard Version of 1901, New American Standard Bible 1995 Updated Edition and several other translations somewhat more correctly render that word as “Sabbath rest.” A few, such as the Darby translation, transliterate the word as “Sabbatism.” However, its literal translation is “Sabbath observance,” and The Scriptures, translated by The Institute For Scripture Research, render it as such, while The Bible in Basic English gives the equally literal “Sabbath keeping.” In regard to taking Sabbatismos literally, Professor Andrew T. Lincoln, on page 213 in his symposium From Sabbath to Lord's Day, states “The use of sabbatismos elsewhere in extant Greek literature gives an indication of its more exact shade of meaning. It is used in Plutarch, De Superstitione 3 (Moralia166A) of Sabbath observance. There are also four occurrences in post canonical literature that are independent of Hebrews 4:9. They are Justin, Dialogue with Trypho 23:3; Epiphanius, Adversus Haereses 30:2:2; Martyrium Petri et Pauli 1; Apostolic Constitutions 2:36:2. In each of these places the term denotes the observance or celebration of the Sabbath. This usage corresponds to the Septuagint usage of the cognate verb sabbatizo (cf. Ex. 16:30; Lev. 23:32; 26:34; 2 Chron. 36:21

Thus the writer to the Hebrews is saying that since the time of Joshua an observance of the Sabbath rest has been outstanding.” The literal translation then of Hebrews 4:9 is “Therefore a Sabbath observance has been left behind for the people of God.” Further, the internal evidence of the preceding verses would indicate that the Sabbath observance mentioned in this verse is indeed the seventh day Sabbath and not the Lord's Day Sabbath. In verse 8, the Hebrew writer states, “For if Joshua had given them rest, he would not have afterward spoken of another day.” On first glance in our English translations, that word “another” would give the appearance of a different day. However, in the Greek, there are two words that mean “another”. “Heteros” means “another of a different kind”, while “allos” means “another of the same kind”. The word used in Hebrews 4:8 is “allos”, indicating a Sabbath day of the same kind as referred to in Hebrews 4:8-5, that is, the seventh-day Sabbath. In verse 7, the Hebrews writer uses the term “certain day”. The Greek word for “certain” is “tis”. It is clearly referencing a specific day, and not the general thought of an eternal rest. The force of Hebrews 3:11-4:11 then seems to be saying that because Christians look toward the eternal rest of heaven, the type or shadow of the earthly Sabbath rest still remains, or is “left behind”, literally, for Christians to observe.

The “eternal” rest has “not” happened so therefore their remains a “Sabbath rest” for the people of God.

Can it be any clearer?

The people of God keep the Sabbath because it points to the eternal rest when God will be all in all, Amen.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Sep. 26 2007,14:14)
    Where does it say that we love Him if we keep the commandments that He wrote on stone tablets? The commandments of the Torah came from God too.

kejonn which commandments were placed INSIDE the ark and how many were there?
    Why did God give Moses law to write?
    Did God get writers cramp? It must have been hard writing in stone :laugh:
    Why wasn't the law Moses wrote placed inside the ark with the TEN God wrote?
    What law did Jesus fulfill?

Which of the TEN commandments point to the Messiah?

If you do not WANT to keep the forth commandment then you will look for any excuse NOT too. Isn't that what you are doing?

If you don't want to keep the forth commandment then Please DO NOT! The Father wants Compassion NOT “sacrifice”.

BUt you are missing a blessing, believe me. :)

Does it make sense that the Harlot does not want you to keep the forth commandment? This is why she “changed it”.

You and and ALL of uswere taught by the Hatlot OR one of her daughters that Sunday was the fulfillment of the forth commandment. Do you “Still” believe her?

God bless,

Ken

kejonn
    Participant

Ken,

Again, your all-out obsession with the Sabbath has all but blinded you. This has little to do with the 4th commandment and much to do with determining which commandments are spoken of in the NT. You have stated that it is the Ten Commandments, yet we see all through the Torah that there were many more commandments given to Moses by God. No where do we see where the commandments spoken of in the NT are ONLY the ones inside of the ark.

What was the ark called? The ark of the covenant, correct? Because it contained the covenant, the Ten Commandments, with the children  of Israel after the Exodus. Yet, where do we see that Yeshua says anything about the commandments only being the Ten or even that they were from the ark of the covenant?

All I am trying to do here is discuss which commandments are spoken of in the NT, and you kep coming back with the Sabbath. Which, agreed, is part of the Ten, but you've yet to provide one shred of evidence that the commandments in the NT are strictly the Ten. All you have is your convictions, and you know that without scriptural evidence, your convictions may not be shared by others.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 89 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account