Christophanies

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    gollamudi
    Participant

Hi Nick,
    This is another interesting topic. I also believe that Jesus never existed as a person and walked on earth prior to his birth. You are absolutely right in interpreting the scripture in 1 Cor 10 that the Rock was the Spirit of Christ which followed the Israelites in the wilderness. The same Spirit came on Jesus like a dove at Jordan and anointed him as Christ..IMO.
    Do share more on this.
    Thanks
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    Lack of respect for the sacred words leads men to add their speculations to what is written.

1Peter 1
    4To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

5Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

6Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:

7That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

8Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:

9Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

10Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

11Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

12Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

The Christ was predicted to come.
    His sufferings were also predicted.

But the detail was a mystery to the men guided by the Spirit who wrote the words
    that were passed on to those established in Christ
    and a mystery even to the angels.

A gospel of grace upon grace to those who follow grace in faith.

gollamudi
    Participant

Please comment on what I said first. This is the problem with you I am not able follow whom you are blaming here it's me or others? As I have requested you earlier please share your opinion what exactly you understood of particular verse but by mere quoting verses is not helping others especially me. Verses can be infered different way by different reader.
    Sorry again for pointing out this
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    So what does the verse say to you?

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ July 06 2008,04:23)
    Hi Nick,
    This is another interesting topic. I also believe that Jesus never existed as a person and walked on earth prior to his birth. You are absolutely right in interpreting the scripture in 1 Cor 10 that the Rock was the Spirit of Christ which followed the Israelites in the wilderness. The same Spirit came on Jesus like a dove at Jordan and anointed him as Christ..IMO.
    Do share more on this.
    Thanks
    Adam

Please see this post I have already given my opinion on this verse.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    The verse in 1 peter 1.11
    Blessings

gollamudi
    Participant

Thanks brother,
    Here is the verse 1 Pet 1:11

11 “investigating the time and circumstances that the Spirit of Christ within them indicated when it testified in advance to the sufferings destined for Christ and the glories to follow them”.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Adam……..what this means is that the Spirit (OF) Christ, in other words the intellect concerning Christ that was in them told of Jesus', sufferings destined for Him and the glories to follow. But in no way shows preexistence of a live being, Anyone can quote scripture but it in the understanding that counts.

peace to you …….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Surely you can find one scripture that says spirit is intellect?
    If you cannot perhaps you should rely on scripture?
    And not just on your intellect?

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi brother Gene,
    I think we will leave the arguments on 'Spirit is intellectual' and come to this topic “Christophanies”
    Any more thought on this subject?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 07 2008,07:58)
    Hi GB,

Nick……..if i took your intellect out of you you would be a sombre. So you get rid of your intellect, I'll keep mine OK>

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    I have created a thread for this.
    Without an intellect a man would still live though not be very clever.
    The spirit of man gives him life [Jas2]

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Christophanies arise out of the minds of men who do not base their teachings on scripture.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…….If you understood what Spirit was you would Know it is intellect. The word is Spirit and is an expression of intellect. don't you know that.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Is it written?

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 07 2008,14:48)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 07 2008,07:58)
    Hi GB,

Nick……..if i took your intellect out of you you would be a sombre. So you get rid of your intellect, I'll keep mine OK>

GB

If you took the “intellect” out of a person he could still be alive.

For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also. James 2:26

It doesnt say the body without the intellect is dead.

As NH has pointed out there is no scripture to support your theory.

Spirit is superior to intellect. God is Spirit (not intellect) and the Father of Spirits.

Not the Father of “intellects”.

WJ

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 07 2008,14:58)
    Nick…….If you understood what Spirit was you would Know it is intellect. The word is Spirit and is an expression of intellect. don't you know that.

GB

And with that he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit. John 20:22

So did they recieve 'intellect”? ???

WJ

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

WJ….when the receive spirit they received what then, was it not the ability to KNOW truth, is that not what the spirit of truth is the Intellect to know truth. and when God reveals some thing to a person is that not an intellect of some kind.

I know what you are saying that the Spirit is no Just that but it doesn't exclude that if all Spirit were to leave a man He would die. God said if He retracted His Spirit all flesh would die.

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 08 2008,05:13)
    WJ….when the receive spirit they received what then, was it not the ability to KNOW truth, is that not what the spirit of truth is the Intellect to know truth.

Of Course they recieved the Spirit of Truth that leads them in to the truth. If the Spirit is “Intellect” or “truth” as you say then the Spirit would lead them to Spirit.

Makes no sense. If you replace the word Spirit with “intellect” then it would read “the intellect will guide us into all “intellect” or truth.

God is Spirit and the Father of Spirits. Man is Spirit, not just flesh. Intellect or words have no life untill God gives them life by his Spirit.

A man can be brain dead with no intellect and his heart and lungs and vital organs can still work because his Spirit is still in his body. The Body without the Spirit is dead being alone. James 2:26

and when God reveals some thing to a person is that not an intellect of some kind.

But God who is Spirit, not intellect reveals truth which comes from within himself.

That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. Col 2:2, 3

The treasures of wisdom and knowledge are hid in God, not that God is the wisdom and knowledge.

Yeshua is the “Truth” because all truth is found in him. But he like the Father is Spirit.

I know what you are saying that the Spirit is no Just that but it doesn't exclude that if all Spirit  were to leave a man He would die. God said if He retracted His Spirit all flesh would die. GB

Did God say that? Even so, intellect is a product of the mind whether it be carnal or Spiritual. Intellect is not the Spirit or the mind.

WJ

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account