Christianity before the crucifixion

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 21 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

CA………..Both Islam and Catholics are of the world and fight and kill as all of the world kingdoms do. They are not the Kingdom of GOD and there fruits prove it. IMO

peace and love……………….gene

Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Sep. 01 2009,10:34)

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 01 2009,09:28)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Sep. 01 2009,09:18)

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 01 2009,09:08)
    Hi BD:

Within these scriptures John the Baptist stated that Jesus takes away the sin of the world:

Jhn 1:25   And they asked him, and said unto him, Why baptizest thou then, if thou be not that Christ, nor Elias, neither that prophet?  

Jhn 1:26   John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not;  

Jhn 1:27   He it is, who coming after me is preferred before me, whose shoe's latchet I am not worthy to unloose.  

Jhn 1:28   These things were done in Bethabara beyond Jordan, where John was baptizing.  

Jhn 1:29 ¶ The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.  

Jhn 1:30   This is he of whom I said, After me cometh a man which is preferred before me: for he was before me.  

Jhn 1:31   And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water.  

Jhn 1:32   And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.  

Jhn 1:33   And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.  

He is the lamb of God the sacrifice that God has provided to be the proptitiation for our sins.

And Jesus taught:

Jhn 3:16   For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.  

Jhn 3:17   For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.  

Jhn 3:18   He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

What Gospel was Jesus teaching his disciples?

Mark 12

32 So the scribe said to Him, “Well said, Teacher. You have spoken the truth, for there is one God, and there is no other but He. 33 And to love Him with all the heart, with all the understanding, with all the soul,[h] and with all the strength, and to love one’s neighbor as oneself, is more than all the whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.”

and what was the response of Jesus?

34 Now when Jesus saw that he answered wisely, He said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.”
    But after that no one dared question Him.

Now this is before the cross and Jesus is saying that these two commandments over ride offerings and sacrifices and Jesus agrees. WHY?

Hi BD:

He was speaking of animal sacrifices not the sacrifice of one's life in obedience to God so that others might be saved.  

This is loving God with all of your heart, and mind, and soul, and loving your neighbor as your self.

Jesus is the ultimate sacrifice.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Then why did Jesus commend this man. Jesus thought he answered wisely.

Hi BD:

He commended him because he did answer wisely, but the question is how do you love God and your neighbor in the manner stated below:

33 And to love Him with all the heart, with all the understanding, with all the soul,[h] and with all the strength, and to love one’s neighbor as oneself, is more than all the whole burnt offerings and sacrifices

How is this kind of love expressed?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 01 2009,10:51)

Hi BD:

Within these scriptures John the Baptist stated that Jesus takes away the sin of the world:

Jhn 1:25   And they asked him, and said unto him, Why baptizest thou then, if thou be not that Christ, nor Elias, neither that prophet?  

Jhn 1:26   John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not;  

Jhn 1:27   He it is, who coming after me is preferred before me, whose shoe's latchet I am not worthy to unloose.  

Jhn 1:28   These things were done in Bethabara beyond Jordan, where John was baptizing.  

Jhn 1:29 ¶ The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.  

Jhn 1:30   This is he of whom I said, After me cometh a man which is preferred before me: for he was before me.  

Jhn 1:31   And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water.  

Jhn 1:32   And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.  

Jhn 1:33   And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.  

He is the lamb of God the sacrifice that God has provided to be the proptitiation for our sins.

And Jesus taught:

Jhn 3:16   For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.  

Jhn 3:17   For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.  

Jhn 3:18   He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Mark 12

32 So the scribe said to Him, “Well said, Teacher. You have spoken the truth, for there is one God, and there is no other but He. 33 And to love Him with all the heart, with all the understanding, with all the soul,[h] and with all the strength, and to love one’s neighbor as oneself, is more than all the whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.”

34 Now when Jesus saw that he answered wisely, He said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.”

Now this is before the cross and Jesus is saying that these two commandments over ride offerings and sacrifices and Jesus agrees. WHY?

Hi BD:

He was speaking of animal sacrifices not the sacrifice of one's life in obedience to God so that others might be saved.  

This is loving God with all of your heart, and mind, and soul, and loving your neighbor as your self.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi BD:

He commended him because he did answer wisely, but the question is how do you love God and your neighbor in the manner stated below:

33 And to love Him with all the heart, with all the understanding, with all the soul,[h] and with all the strength, and to love one’s neighbor as oneself, is more than all the whole burnt offerings and sacrifices

Love in Christ,
    Marty

By being obedient and mindful to God and in responding to each other like the Good Samaraitan.

I really love the questions and answers you post because they always have the right heart in them.

I do hope you become a bishop in your church because while I don't believe in “bishops” per se, I do believe in you and the goodness that will follow with such an appointment.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Sep. 01 2009,10:40)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 01 2009,10:35)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Sep. 01 2009,10:32)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 01 2009,10:20)
    Hi BD,
    So your worldly organisation has battled with another worldy organisation?
    Of what relevance is this to the kingdom of God?

Probably the freedom you now have to call the CC a whore and not be burned.

Hi BD,
    So you only work on a worldly plane?
    We serve a heavenly king and his God.

That's good! God's will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven

Hi BD,
    In what way are your worldly battles relevant to the will of God.

Kingdom will rise up against kingdom and there will be wars everywhere but that is all of the world and it's god.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Sep. 01 2009,10:46)
    CA………..Both Islam and Catholics are of the world and fight and kill as all of the world kingdoms do. They are not the Kingdom of GOD and there fruits prove it. IMO

This is before the crucifixion

Luke 22:35-37 (New King James Version)

35 And He said to them, “When I sent you without money bag, knapsack, and sandals, did you lack anything?”
    So they said, “Nothing.”
    36 Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one. 37 For I say to you that this which is written must still be accomplished in Me: ‘And He was numbered with the transgressors.’[a] For the things concerning Me have an end.”

Protestants treated the Irish Catholics terribly too.

Yes. I'm afraid that when you learn history in America it's mainly American history, and whitewashed at that. The main events in which Protestants killed Catholics is mainly European history. A lot of killing, back and forth, went on for CENTURIES in England and all of Europe. The Protestants for their part, were convinced that the Pope was the Antichrist, which Luther taught, and as such, the Pope was caricatured as a Devil in Protestant picture-tracts. In fact, Luther also taught and believed that with the “Peasant Revolt” and the increase in lawlessnes it brought, that the end of the world was nigh. Both Catholics and Protestants played up each other as “the devil.” And of course it was Luther, to whom the church had granted a vocation as Monk and scholar, who first threw down the theological gauntlet, and would not compromise, and whose inflamed speeches to “kill the revolting peasants,” and to “burn down the Jew's homes and synagoges and books and as they flee, grant them no safe passage,” and, who taught that “the Papacy is the Antichrist and must be defeated at all costs!”
    http://www.edwardtbabinski.us/history/protestants_catholics.html

plus look at this:

STATEMENT ON THE ANTICHRIST

Introduction to the Statement
    As Martin Luther grew in his appreciation of the gospel, he also grew in his recognition that the Papacy is the Antichrist. A 1954 WELS pamphlet entitled Antichrist put it this way: “It was because Luther cherished the Gospel so dearly that his faith instinctively recoiled and protested in unmistakable terms when the Pope put himself in the place of Christ and declared His work insufficient and in vain. That is the use to which Luther’s faith put the prophecy of Scripture. For him the tenet that the Pope is the Antichrist was an article of faith.”

Luther left no doubt where he stood concerning the Papacy when he wrote, “This teaching [of the supremacy of the pope] shows forcefully that the Pope is the very Antichrist, who has exalted himself above, and opposed himself against Christ, because he will not permit Christians to be saved without his power, which, nevertheless, is nothing, and is neither ordained nor commanded by God. This is, properly speaking, to exalt himself above all that is called God. . . . The Pope, however, prohibits this faith, saying that to be saved a person must obey him” (Smalcald Articles, II, IV, 10-12).

In the centuries after Luther’s death, Lutherans accepted this confessional statement without reservation or qualification. In the 1860s, however, doubts about this confessional statement were raised within Lutheranism. They arose from the Iowa Synod, which refused to grant doctrinal status to the teaching that the Papacy is the Antichrist. They listed this teaching under the category of “open questions.” The Missouri Synod took the lead, at that time, in defending the view of the Lutheran Confessions that the prophecies of Antichrist have been fulfilled in the Papacy.

The Iowa Synod, however, in a 1904 document continued to teach the view that it is a “human application” of the teaching of Scripture to declare the Papacy to be the Antichrist. The Iowa Synod became part of the American Lutheran Church, and its teaching on the Antichrist persisted in the new union. Since 1930 the ALC taught that it is only a “historical judgment” that the Papacy is the Antichrist. In 1938 this view was officially sanctioned in the ALC “Sandusky Declaration.” It stated:

. . . we accept the historical judgment of Luther in the Smalcald Articles . . . that the Pope is the Antichrist . . . because among all the antichristian manifestations in the history of the world and the Church that lie behind us in the past there is none that fits the description given in 2 Thess. 2 better than the Papacy . . .

The answer to the question whether in the future that is still before us, prior to the return of Christ, a special unfolding and a personal concentration of the antichristian power already present now, and thus a still more comprehensive fulfillment of 2 Thess. 2 may occur, we leave to the Lord and Ruler of Church and world history (VI, B, 1).

http://www.wels.net/cgi-bin….ID=5297

The funny thing is now the Lutheren Church just voted the other day to have sexually active homosexuals to be their clergy.

But as I said you cannot assume that violence is evil if it was why would Jesus say I didn't come to bring peace, but a sword?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Your position is of antichrist as you would try to correct his words.
    Why do you offer us the follies of the false church as they are not of the body of Christ?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 01 2009,11:01)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Sep. 01 2009,10:40)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 01 2009,10:35)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Sep. 01 2009,10:32)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 01 2009,10:20)
    Hi BD,
    So your worldly organisation has battled with another worldy organisation?
    Of what relevance is this to the kingdom of God?

Probably the freedom you now have to call the CC a whore and not be burned.

Hi BD,
    So you only work on a worldly plane?
    We serve a heavenly king and his God.

That's good! God's will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven

Hi BD,
    In what way are your worldly battles relevant to the will of God.

Kingdom will rise up against kingdom and there will be wars everywhere but that is all of the world and it's god.

The world only has ONE GOD, because there is only ONE GOD, I have already told you that this verse:

2 Corinthians 4:3-5 (King James Version)

3But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Has been incorrectly translated or understood because it is actually GOD that has blinded the minds of them which believe not. Most people understood that to refer to Satan but it doesn't because Jesus says:

John 12:39-41 (King James Version)

39Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,

40He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

So, just so you never make that error again now you know their is ONLY ONE GOD of THIS or any other WORLD

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Then why do you not turn away from your false god unto the ONE TRUE GOD?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 02 2009,08:54)
    Hi BD,
    Then why do you not turn away from your false god unto the ONE TRUE GOD?

I worship The God of Jesus, that is my statement and confession, do you worship the God of Jesus?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    No you don't.
    You have rejected the words of God through the prophets and Jesus and offer a new gospel of Islam.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 02 2009,09:25)
    Hi BD,
    No you don't.
    You have rejected the words of God through the prophets and Jesus and offer a new gospel of Islam.

I worship the God of Jesus, do you Worship The God of Jesus this is my testimony and confession so keep in mind any time you suggest that I worship a false God I want you to be clear that you will be talking about The God of Jesus for that is my testimony and confession if you don't believe it that is fine because I don't worship you but I am just being considereate of you by letting you know that you will be speaking poorly of the same God you say you Worship which is The God of Jesus.

Perhaps instead of trying to insult what I worship(Which is what you worship) you should only deal with “how” you think I should worship the God of Jesus, that way you won't be unintentionally cursing God out of Ignorance.

God Bless You and I Love You! :;):

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    So you say.
    Yet you put yourself above His Spirit trying to correct His words?

Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Sep. 01 2009,10:57)

Hi BD:

And Jesus taught:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Mark 12

Hi BD:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi BD:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

By being obedient and mindful to God and in responding to each other like the Good Samaraitan.

I really love the questions and answers you post because they always have the right heart in them.

I do hope you become a bishop in your church because while I don't believe in “bishops” per se, I do believe in you and the goodness that will follow with such an appointment.

Hi BD:

You have answered correctly regarding how we should treat each other, but we express our love for God first of all by believing his testimony regarding His giving His Only Begotten Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

And while I appreciate the compliment, it is not my goodness but God's goodness that should be manifest through my life.

And I will not be a Bishop in the church unless God puts me in that position, and this is what He has shown me that He will do. And so, the proof is in the pudding.

I also believe that you are sincere in what you are doing, but as I have discussed with you, without the blood that was shed for our sins, no man can be saved. It is not by the goodness of our God who gave us the greatest gift that He could possibly give us in the person of His Only Begotten Son.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 02 2009,11:37)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Sep. 01 2009,10:57)

Hi BD:

And Jesus taught:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Mark 12

Hi BD:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi BD:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi BD:

You have answered correctly regarding how we should treat each other, but we express our love for God first of all by believing his testimony regarding His giving His Only Begotten Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

And while I appreciate the compliment, it is not my goodness but God's goodness that should be manifest through my life.

And I will not be a Bishop in the church unless God puts me in that position, and this is what He has shown me that He will do.  And so, the proof is in the pudding.

I also believe that you are sincere in what you are doing, but as I have discussed with you, without the blood that was shed for our sins, no man can be saved.  It is not by the goodness of our God who gave us the greatest gift that He could possibly give us in the person of His Only Begotten Son.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Can God save whom He pleases anyway he pleases?

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Sep. 01 2009,10:46)

Gene I love you Brother you are so right. I am so glad that I am not in that Catholic Church anymore. How about that we agree on this.
    Peace and Love Irene

Viewing 15 posts - 21 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account