Christianity before the crucifixion

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    bodhitharta
    Participant

I find a most wonderful thing that Jesus provided salvation before the cross was at hand, if not what was the disciples sent out to preach, since at that time they could not have preached about the death and resurrection of Christ but Jesus sent them out to preach about The Kingdom of God and being born into that Kingdom

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    WE preach Christ crucified and raised from the dead.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 31 2009,16:06)
    Hi BD,
    WE preach Christ crucified and raised from the dead.

What did Jesus preach before the cross?

Not Islam. I'll tell you that much.

Cindy
    Participant

Jesus did not provide salvation before his death, he promised salvation through faith in him after his death.

Georg

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Aug. 31 2009,16:04)
    I find a most wonderful thing that Jesus provided salvation before the cross was at hand, if not what was the disciples sent out to preach, since at that time they could not have preached about the death and resurrection of Christ but Jesus sent them out to preach about The Kingdom of God and being born into that Kingdom

DB………Jesus and the Apostles taught that Jesus was the source (through) which that salvation and Kingdom would come. Even before his death on the stake or “cross”. IMO

peace and love,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,gene

bodhitharta
    Participant

Then why did Jesus talk about being born again without any reference to himself or his death?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Mark 1:14-16 (King James Version)

14Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,

15And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Now I ask, what Gospel is Jesus telling you to believe in? This is before the crosee so what is he preaching about?

Participant

Hi BD:

Within these scriptures John the Baptist stated that Jesus takes away the sin of the world:

Jhn 1:25 And they asked him, and said unto him, Why baptizest thou then, if thou be not that Christ, nor Elias, neither that prophet?

Jhn 1:26 John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not;

Jhn 1:27 He it is, who coming after me is preferred before me, whose shoe's latchet I am not worthy to unloose.

Jhn 1:28 These things were done in Bethabara beyond Jordan, where John was baptizing.

Jhn 1:29 ¶ The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Jhn 1:30 This is he of whom I said, After me cometh a man which is preferred before me: for he was before me.

Jhn 1:31 And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water.

Jhn 1:32 And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.

Jhn 1:33 And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

He is the lamb of God the sacrifice that God has provided to be the proptitiation for our sins.

And Jesus taught:

Jhn 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Jhn 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Jhn 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 01 2009,09:08)
    Hi BD:

Within these scriptures John the Baptist stated that Jesus takes away the sin of the world:

Jhn 1:25   And they asked him, and said unto him, Why baptizest thou then, if thou be not that Christ, nor Elias, neither that prophet?  

Jhn 1:26   John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not;  

Jhn 1:27   He it is, who coming after me is preferred before me, whose shoe's latchet I am not worthy to unloose.  

Jhn 1:28   These things were done in Bethabara beyond Jordan, where John was baptizing.  

Jhn 1:29 ¶ The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.  

Jhn 1:30   This is he of whom I said, After me cometh a man which is preferred before me: for he was before me.  

Jhn 1:31   And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water.  

Jhn 1:32   And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.  

Jhn 1:33   And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.  

He is the lamb of God the sacrifice that God has provided to be the proptitiation for our sins.

And Jesus taught:

Jhn 3:16   For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.  

Jhn 3:17   For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.  

Jhn 3:18   He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

What Gospel was Jesus teaching his disciples?

Mark 12

32 So the scribe said to Him, “Well said, Teacher. You have spoken the truth, for there is one God, and there is no other but He. 33 And to love Him with all the heart, with all the understanding, with all the soul,[h] and with all the strength, and to love one’s neighbor as oneself, is more than all the whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.”

and what was the response of Jesus?

34 Now when Jesus saw that he answered wisely, He said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.”
    But after that no one dared question Him.

Now this is before the cross and Jesus is saying that these two commandments over ride offerings and sacrifices and Jesus agrees. WHY?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ Sep. 01 2009,01:18)
    Jesus did not provide salvation before his death, he promised salvation through faith in him after his death.

Georg

Wow! Not even to the thief on the cross?

Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Sep. 01 2009,09:18)

Hi BD:

Jhn 1:25   And they asked him, and said unto him, Why baptizest thou then, if thou be not that Christ, nor Elias, neither that prophet?  

Jhn 1:26   John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not;  

Jhn 1:27   He it is, who coming after me is preferred before me, whose shoe's latchet I am not worthy to unloose.  

Jhn 1:28   These things were done in Bethabara beyond Jordan, where John was baptizing.  

Jhn 1:30   This is he of whom I said, After me cometh a man which is preferred before me: for he was before me.  

Jhn 1:31   And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water.  

Jhn 1:32   And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.  

Jhn 1:33   And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.  

And Jesus taught:

Jhn 3:16   For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.  

Jhn 3:17   For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.  

Jhn 3:18   He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Mark 12

32 So the scribe said to Him, “Well said, Teacher. You have spoken the truth, for there is one God, and there is no other but He. 33 And to love Him with all the heart, with all the understanding, with all the soul,[h] and with all the strength, and to love one’s neighbor as oneself, is more than all the whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.”

34 Now when Jesus saw that he answered wisely, He said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.”

Now this is before the cross and Jesus is saying that these two commandments over ride offerings and sacrifices and Jesus agrees. WHY?

Hi BD:

He was speaking of animal sacrifices not the sacrifice of one's life in obedience to God so that others might be saved.

This is loving God with all of your heart, and mind, and soul, and loving your neighbor as your self.

Jesus is the ultimate sacrifice.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Participant

Hi BD:

Jhn 15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
    Jhn 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Aug. 31 2009,20:12)
    Not Islam.  I'll tell you that much.

Didn't he teach Islam in the garden of gethsemane

He submitted(Muslim) to God in Peace(Islam)

CA,

Please, Please and again Please Debate me One on One Regarding Catholocism and it being the ultimate HERESY.

GOD raised ISLAM up to stop this completely venemous organization and had it not been for Islam the protestant reformation might have never occured. These PROTESTORS weren't protesting “good” that the Catholic church had done, was it?

The Apostacy of Christianity works in reverse in other words the 39,000 denominations are the result of ROCK of Christ falling on the Catholic Church and the liberty found in Christ was set free from the Catholic stronghold that tainted the truth.

So please, please and again Please debate this point with me.

Whatever anyone thinks of Islam one thing is for sure it has prevented the Catholic Church from WORLD DOMINATION and CA since you must respect what the POPE tells you as he is “Guided by God and supercedes the Bible in Authority” Then you must agree with The Pope:

For those not familiar with him, Pope Benedict XVI, who calls Islam a “religion of peace, tolerance, and love” and CA cannot disput this, The Catholic Church is not a Muslim sect, and the popes of the medieval past — who in fact referred to Muslims as ‘heathens’ and ‘infidels’ — would have called Benedict an ‘anti-Christ’ (an agent of ‘Satan’) and burned him alive at the stake for praying in a mosque toward Mecca while functioning as a priest of the Church. but he was not the first.

John Paul II told Nigerian Muslims in 1982 “We adore God and profess total submission to him. Thus, in a true sense, we can call one another brothers and sisters in faith in the one God,”

John Paul was also the first Pope to visit Egypt when, on his Jubilee year pilgrimage in 2000, he visited the residence of Mohammed Sayyed Tantawi, Grand Sheikh of al-Azhar. A year later he became the first Pope to enter a mosque when he prayed in the great Omayyad Mosque in Damascus.

CA, will have to disown the Papacy to denounce Islam and remember his authority is not simply the bible it is on the Oral Authority that he trusts implicitly.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    So your worldly organisation has battled with another worldy organisation?
    Of what relevance is this to the kingdom of God?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 01 2009,10:20)
    Hi BD,

Probably the freedom you now have to call the CC a whore and not be burned.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 01 2009,09:28)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Sep. 01 2009,09:18)

Hi BD:

And Jesus taught:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Mark 12

Hi BD:

He was speaking of animal sacrifices not the sacrifice of one's life in obedience to God so that others might be saved.  

This is loving God with all of your heart, and mind, and soul, and loving your neighbor as your self.

Jesus is the ultimate sacrifice.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Then why did Jesus commend this man. Jesus thought he answered wisely.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Sep. 01 2009,10:32)

Hi BD,

Hi BD,
    So you only work on a worldly plane?
    We serve a heavenly king and his God.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 01 2009,10:35)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Sep. 01 2009,10:32)

Hi BD,

Hi BD,
    So you only work on a worldly plane?
    We serve a heavenly king and his God.

That's good! God's will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven

Quote (bodhitharta @ Sep. 01 2009,09:50)

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Aug. 31 2009,20:12)
    Not Islam.  I'll tell you that much.

Didn't he teach Islam in the garden of gethsemane

He submitted(Muslim) to God in Peace(Islam)

CA,

Please, Please and again Please Debate me One on One Regarding Catholocism and it being the ultimate HERESY.

GOD raised ISLAM up to stop this completely venemous organization and had it not been for Islam the protestant reformation might have never occured. These PROTESTORS weren't protesting “good” that the Catholic church had done, was it?

The Apostacy of Christianity works in reverse in other words the 39,000 denominations are the result of ROCK of Christ falling on the Catholic Church and the liberty found in Christ was set free from the Catholic stronghold that tainted the truth.

So please, please and again Please debate this point with me.

Whatever anyone thinks of Islam one thing is for sure it has prevented the Catholic Church from WORLD DOMINATION and CA since you must respect what the POPE tells you as he is “Guided by God and supercedes the Bible in Authority” Then you must agree with The Pope:

For those not familiar with him, Pope Benedict XVI, who calls Islam a “religion of peace, tolerance, and love” and CA cannot disput this, The Catholic Church is not a Muslim sect, and the popes of the medieval past — who in fact referred to Muslims as ‘heathens’ and ‘infidels’ — would have called Benedict an ‘anti-Christ’ (an agent of ‘Satan’) and burned him alive at the stake for praying in a mosque toward Mecca while functioning as a priest of the Church. but he was not the first.

John Paul II told Nigerian Muslims in 1982  “We adore God and profess total submission to him. Thus, in a true sense, we can call one another brothers and sisters in faith in the one God,”

John Paul was also the first Pope to visit Egypt when, on his Jubilee year pilgrimage in 2000, he visited the residence of Mohammed Sayyed Tantawi, Grand Sheikh of al-Azhar. A year later he became the first Pope to enter a mosque when he prayed in the great Omayyad Mosque in Damascus.

CA, will have to disown the Papacy to denounce Islam and remember his authority is not simply the bible it is on the Oral Authority that he trusts implicitly.

I don't have to “disown the Papacy to denounce Islam.”

On the contrary, all we have done is to confirm that you Muslims worship the one true God and not some pagan false deity. However, we confess with that that since you do not confess the Trinity or the Deity of Jesus Christ, you are in heresy. You do confess Jesus as a prophet and as the Messiah. However, you do not confess the truth.

You can't find one quote from ANY pope that says that you “have the truth”. Possibly that you have “some truth.” Which we do.

You see, we Catholics are very objective, unlike some here. We don't need to make false assumptions to prove our point.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account