Calvinism or Arminianism

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    The Love of God helps us in all our troubles and draws us on to seek and obey Him.
    Ps 107
    “Psalm 107
    1O give thanks unto the LORD, for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.

2Let the redeemed of the LORD say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

3And gathered them out of the lands, from the east, and from the west, from the north, and from the south.

4They wandered in the wilderness in a solitary way; they found no city to dwell in.

5Hungry and thirsty, their soul fainted in them.

6Then they cried unto the LORD in their trouble, and he delivered them out of their distresses.

7And he led them forth by the right way, that they might go to a city of habitation.

8Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!

9For he satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness.

10Such as sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, being bound in affliction and iron;

11Because they rebelled against the words of God, and contemned the counsel of the most High:

12Therefore he brought down their heart with labour; they fell down, and there was none to help.

13Then they cried unto the LORD in their trouble, and he saved them out of their distresses.

14He brought them out of darkness and the shadow of death, and brake their bands in sunder.

15Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!

16For he hath broken the gates of brass, and cut the bars of iron in sunder.

17Fools because of their transgression, and because of their iniquities, are afflicted.

18Their soul abhorreth all manner of meat; and they draw near unto the gates of death.

19Then they cry unto the LORD in their trouble, and he saveth them out of their distresses.

20He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.

21Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!

22And let them sacrifice the sacrifices of thanksgiving, and declare his works with rejoicing.

23They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters;

24These see the works of the LORD, and his wonders in the deep.

25For he commandeth, and raiseth the stormy wind, which lifteth up the waves thereof.

26They mount up to the heaven, they go down again to the depths: their soul is melted because of trouble.

27They reel to and fro, and stagger like a drunken man, and are at their wit's end.

28Then they cry unto the LORD in their trouble, and he bringeth them out of their distresses.

29He maketh the storm a calm, so that the waves thereof are still.

30Then are they glad because they be quiet; so he bringeth them unto their desired haven.

31Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!

32Let them exalt him also in the congregation of the people, and praise him in the assembly of the elders.

33He turneth rivers into a wilderness, and the watersprings into dry ground;

34A fruitful land into barrenness, for the wickedness of them that dwell therein.

35He turneth the wilderness into a standing water, and dry ground into watersprings.

36And there he maketh the hungry to dwell, that they may prepare a city for habitation;

37And sow the fields, and plant vineyards, which may yield fruits of increase.

38He blesseth them also, so that they are multiplied greatly; and suffereth not their cattle to decrease.

39Again, they are minished and brought low through oppression, affliction, and sorrow.

40He poureth contempt upon princes, and causeth them to wander in the wilderness, where there is no way.

41Yet setteth he the poor on high from affliction, and maketh him families like a flock.

42The righteous shall see it, and rejoice: and all iniquity shall stop her mouth.

43Whoso is wise, and will observe these things, even they shall understand the lovingkindness of the LORD.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Welcome Casey. Some light reading for you.

Sultan
    Participant

I believe in Biblenism. :D

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi sultan,
    Following the Master demands we abide in the Word despite the arrogant claims of men.

2Tim 3
    “1This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

6For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

7Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

8Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

9But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as their's also was.

10But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,

11Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.

12Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

13But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

14But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;

15And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi sscott,
    This is topical

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

NickHassan
    Participant

This is topical

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    So this is armchair salvation?
    We can do nothing.
    Enjoy the ride.

to where?
    Lukewarm folks get spat out.

gollamudi
    Participant

Brother Nick,
    So You don't believe in predestination and Election ?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gm,
    I believe what is written but not the doctrines of men.
    The choice of God and the grace given.
    The daily choices of men.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..who here has armchair salvation? And says we can do Nothing (I Though Jesus was the one who said that)< Not anyone here, You again make actuations but no proof of it just you spiting out fear on people. The fear of the fearful and unbelieving, who will have there part in the lake of fire. All who have true faith are doing God's will and enjoying the ride also. Its your assumptions that is the problems here not others. Most here are seeking God in their lives I believe, and who made you the Judge over God's Heritage.

If you make accusations about people at least have the proof to back it up. Me and Chosenone have ask you for the proof of you accusations over and over but you fail to . why is that?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Psalm 128:1
    Blessed is every one that feareth the LORD; that walketh in his ways.

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 13 2008,06:46)
    Hi Gm,
    I believe what is written but not the doctrines of men.
    The choice of God and the grace given.
    The daily choices of men.

Hi brother,
    Then why are you debating on this topic?
    All our earlier christians like Calvin and Armanian did share their view on God's predestination and Election. They agreed to disagree on certain beliefs. It doesn't mean we have to simply wipe out them from Christian history. It doesn't give us right to do that. There is no wrong in discussing views of our earlier Christians who are also our seniors. After all we do argue and debate on many issues which are not clear like black and white from the scriptures. I don't feel guilty when we discuss on such issues.
    Please think over
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    If you cannot check the path of those who claimed to be our leaders, according to what is written, then we foolishly are following other men, not Jesus.

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi brother Nick,
    If you see the history how Christians struggled about understanding God and Jesus, many may differ commenting like that. Today we boast many things as if we know though we have not proved any thing black and white about certain concepts from scriptures because they are not clear to any one of us here. For example have you proved your preexistence so far? same thing is true about trinity. We are only arguing our views on all these complicated issues may be invented by somebody in the past.
    It doesn't mean we are following human leaders. I have not seen so far anybody proved his beliefs black and white to claim that he is only right.
    Please see things from others point of view same scripture is inferred in many ways. That's why there are many denominations in Christianity which I personally hate. No brotherly love among Christians we love only our borthers who are of our group and denomination.
    Sorry to bother you by quoting all this.
    Thanks
    Adam

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Adam…..Amen brother , you have spoken from the Spirit of truth in what you said. You have refreshed my heart by showing me God Spirit working in you. Stay strong don't be jerked off course by People who think they are leaders of God's heritage when in fact know no more then anyone else does, no matter how pious they try to appear. Keep seeking and we will find the truth as God guides into it.

Love and peace to you and yours…………gene

gollamudi
    Participant

Amen and thanks brother Gene.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    How can you hope to find clarity if you expect confusion?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Following ISMs
    is following men.

How can we serve two masters?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 104 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account