Bored

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (martian @ Feb. 22 2009,02:23)
    Getting a little bored again.
    Let’s see….. What can I stir up today?
    Hey Thethinker, you still teaching that Anti-Christ doctrine of God becoming a man?
    Hey lightenup. How about you? Ypou still trying to figure out waht happened to all of Christ memories from His pre-existence?   LOL
    Come on. You gotta do better then this or I’ll go back to the other place and play Mario Brothers. Accomplishes about the same. Just need to decide which is more entertaining.

Martian,
    Your name calling is the primary reason I have become anti-evangelical. My trinitarian brethren do the same thing by calling non-trinitarians “heretics” and so forth. Now you're calling me an antichrist.

You said on another thread that you have been walking with God for forty years. But you're acting like a new born babe.

thinker

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (martian @ Feb. 22 2009,04:18)

Quote (Cindy @ Feb. 22 2009,02:47)
    Martian  I am not here to be entertained. We are here to debate the Word of God. Here is something that I did not get an anwer for, which Gken Beck and my Husband belief that is. ABD YOU CANT TELL ME HAT TO DO. I REALLY FEEL SORRY FOR YOU GOING FROM WEBSITE TO WEBSITE, CAN'T FIND A HOME?

This is the part for the other post I made.Shortly to happen according to Glen Beck;s predication and  
    Nature’s disasters may not be the only problems people will have to face; it may be the trigger to the world’s greatest calamity. Already we are heading toward a condition that started the greatest and bloodiest revolution in history, the French Revolution. France was the most Christianized country; in fact, France was the protector of the papacy and the church. But when the people were pushed to the limit, they turned against state and church. The result was anarchy.
    People in our country are facing financial ruin, and our government is sending our tax dollars as “aid” to other countries. What would happen if we had to deal with several disasters like “Hurricane Katrina” all at once? I can tell you what would happen,
    ANARCHY………
    And then you finish it, we just have to wait, IMO
    Peace and Love Irene

Well you just stay right here. That is fine. As long as you stay here your silly doctrines can do no effectual harm to real Christianity.

BUT THANKS FOR THE ENTERTAINMENT.   LOL

I HAVE NEVER CALLED ANYTHING I WRITE, A DOCTRINE. AND SO IT IS WITH THE FRENCH REVOLUTION, ITS JUST WHAT HAPPEND ALREADY AND YOUR CHILDISH REMARKS DON'T BOTHER ME. YOU THINK YOU CAN TRHOW YOUR WEIGHT AROUND AFTER SUCH A LONG ABSENT, YOU HAVE SOMETHING ELSE COMING.

SEEKING
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 21 2009,15:23)
    IMO with that attitude it gives him a license to say or do whatever he wants to another believer.

WJ

Is the believer to respond in kind?

Gal 6:1 Brothers, if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness. Keep watch on yourself, lest you too be tempted.

Quote (SEEKING @ Feb. 22 2009,09:35)

IMO with that attitude it gives him a license to say or do whatever he wants to another believer.

WJ

Is the believer to respond in kind? Gal 6:1  Brothers, if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness. Keep watch on yourself, lest you too be tempted.

Hi seeking

So what is your purpose of doing that to me?

I already said “I agree with you”.

I can throw scripture right back at you.

Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; “reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering” and doctrine. 2 Tim 4:2

martian is not an ignorant unbeliever or a Christian who is new in his faith.

WJ

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (SEEKING @ Feb. 21 2009,17:35)

WJ

Is the believer to respond in kind?

Gal 6:1  Brothers, if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness. Keep watch on yourself, lest you too be tempted.

Hi Seeking,

Read these verses…I think that WJ was hoping for the best out of Martian, unfortunately…oh well, we can all read for ourselves.

Pr 9:8 Do not reprove a scoffer, or he will hate you, Reprove a wise man and he will love you.

Pr 19:25 –
    Strike a scoffer and the naive may become shrewd, But reprove one who has understanding and he will gain knowledge.

LU

SEEKING
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 21 2009,15:54)

If you believe I was responding in kind and throwing scripture at you, I seek your forgiveness.

Seeking

Quote (SEEKING @ Feb. 22 2009,10:35)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 21 2009,15:54)

If you believe I was responding in kind and throwing scripture at you,  I seek your forgiveness.

Seeking

Hi seeking

There is nothing to forgive if “you” do not think you were responding in kind.

I have no problem quoting scriptures as you have done.

The problem is when a brother or sister in Christ condemns another believer or patronizes them simply because they do not agree. Most of the time they do this because of insecurity in their own beliefs and have nothing else to say, so they just resort to attacking the person.

IMO

Love in Christ

WJ

KangarooJack
    Participant

WorshippingJesus said:

martian is not an ignorant unbeliever or a Christian who is new in his faith.

Right! Martian said himself that he has been walking with God for forty years. So what's going on with him now?

thinker

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (martian @ Feb. 22 2009,06:23)
    Look at the responses.
    The thinker at least asked if I was OK and showed some concern.
    Gene did the second best. He actually asked me to get involved again.
    Nick did his usual
    Lightenup launched her doctrine at me again as if somehow that was her God.
    But WJ wins the forum prize. Not only did He usurp God and drag up stuff that was under the blood, but he made assumptions on my character and motives. He responded to my outburst with anger and accusation. Now that is entertaining.    LOL

Martian,
    Since I showed concern for you why would you reply by inferring I am an “antichrist”? And you have the audicity to fault WJ for bringing up stuff that's under the blood!

thinker

SEEKING
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 21 2009,16:47)
    The problem is when a brother or sister in Christ condemns another believer or patronizes them simply because they do not agree. Most of the time they do this because of insecurity in their own beliefs and have nothing else to say, so they just resort to attacking the person.

IMO

WJ,

I understand the frustrating circumstances.  For myself, I have caught myself falling in to the trap of retaliating in kind.

Retaliating in kind does not seem in the Spirit of Christ.  It seems Satan works night and day to cause belivers to dispute.
    I wonder what influence some things posted would have on unbelievers looking for the Lord and reading the things written.

I realize we must defend the faith, contend earnestly etc.
    But must we be contentious?

I was surprised when I came to these forums that everything
    seems to wind up in arguments and pitting of philosophies,
    traditions, and convictions.

We all have our convictions, but how can we be certain to
    speak the truth “in love”?  In our sincerity, convictions, etc.
    I am reminde of the Hebrew writers admonition – Heb 12:15  See to it that no one fails to obtain the grace of God; that no “root of bitterness” springs up and causes trouble, and by it many become defiled;

and from Paul – Gal 5:15  But if you bite and devour one another, watch out that you are not consumed by one another.

WJ, I am not writing to you or singling you out.  I am writing to “US.”  I appfreciate the time you have been with these forums and seek your  input in this and all matters.  It is obvious you give much thought to what you share.

Seeking

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (martian @ Feb. 22 2009,06:05)
    Woooo Hoooo —- Having fun now aren't we?

Hey WJ.  PUKE?  Isn't that a syninim for Trinity?  I liked the way you drug up stuff that was long forgiven from under the blood. Good character there Bub. Touch your doctrine/god and you attack.  Yep good fruit.

Hey lightenup  If I want to read fiction I would get something more interesting then your fantasies on Pre-existence.

Gene, no thanks. What is the point on commenting on anything on here. It serves no purpose except entertainment.

Thethinker – No it is not the medicines. I am just sick of the nonsense.

Nick – No it is not about me. It is about God and His plans.  But then what does that have to do with this site. NADDA!!!

As I have said many times on here. I am on here for entertainment. So the management can except that reason for me being here or kick me off. No loss either way.

This thread is no more indicative of my real heart then the responses are of yours. My point is the vanity of these forums to really accomplish anyhitng of substance. Picking up the dog poop in my yard is more functional and valuable. Except as I said for entertainment.

What is that sayin ” did alright before  I met you,  so I can do just fine without you.
    I will not lower myself to any name calling.
    May the Lord bless you and keep you, you need it.
    Good Bye
    Peace and Lobe Irene

Not3in1
    Participant

Good grief!
    :laugh:

Quote (SEEKING @ Feb. 22 2009,11:40)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 21 2009,16:47)

IMO

WJ,

I understand the frustrating circumstances.  For myself, I have caught myself falling in to the trap of retaliating in kind.

Retaliating in kind does not seem in the Spirit of Christ.  It seems Satan works night and day to cause belivers to dispute.
    I wonder what influence some things posted would have on unbelievers looking for the Lord and reading the things written.

I realize we must defend the faith, contend earnestly etc.
    But must we be contentious?

I was surprised when I came to these forums that everything
    seems to wind up in arguments and pitting of philosophies,
    traditions, and convictions.

We all have our convictions, but how can we be certain to
    speak the truth “in love”?  In our sincerity, convictions, etc.
    I am reminde of the Hebrew writers admonition – Heb 12:15  See to it that no one fails to obtain the grace of God; that no “root of bitterness” springs up and causes trouble, and by it many become defiled;

and from Paul – Gal 5:15  But if you bite and devour one another, watch out that you are not consumed by one another.

WJ, I am not writing to you or singling you out.  I am writing to “US.”  I appfreciate the time you have been with these forums and seek your  input in this and all matters.  It is obvious you give much thought to what you share.

Seeking

Seeking

All true.

Thanks!

BTW I like your avatar.

Blessings WJ

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Feb. 22 2009,14:39)
    Good grief!
    :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

KangarooJack
    Participant

Martian said:

As I have said many times on here. I am on here for entertainment.

Martian,
    You have also said that you are here with the objective of seeing “fruit” come from our discussions. If discussions result in the “fruit” you want to see then everything is cool. But if you don't get the “fruit” you were seeking you are here just for entertainment?

It appears to me that your failure to present convincing arguments has you so frustrated that you are beside yourself.

thinker

martian
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Feb. 22 2009,20:10)
    Martian said:

As I have said many times on here. I am on here for entertainment.

Martian,
    You have also said that you are here with the objective of seeing “fruit” come from our discussions. If discussions result in the “fruit” you want to see then everything is cool. But if you don't get the “fruit” you were seeking you are here just for entertainment?

It appears to me that your failure to present convincing arguments has you so frustrated that you are beside yourself.

thinker

I believe that my comment about fruit was that I required fruit from a doctrine to judge it. However fruit from here could as easily be entertainment. As I said opening this thread it was getting boring. Having the same arguments with the same people year after year. People that are not interested in learning but only teaching. I have watched some on here that started with gentle posts turn into agressive, arogant and pushy preponents. including myself. Not a good fruit.
    As I told you provately and have mentioned it on here before. I get on here to ease the boredom when I am recovering from one procedure or another. That is about the extent of the fruit for me. Boredom release. There are no convincing arguments to present. A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still. No one one here is willing to be convinced of anything. No matter what proof you present no one is going to change. I have watched the same people like WJ Nick and others on here for 3 or 4 years and they have not changed one bit except in the areas of agressivness toward others.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi martian.
    You say
    ” People that are not interested in learning but only teaching.”

Does this apply to you in any way?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi martian,
    Truth does emerge from the confusion at times and many come here to observe and not participate and they may grasp concepts they have not heard before.

The seed of the word of God does not return without producing fruit but any thought that it happens often is an unlikely one.

We are blessed to have so many proponents of falsehood presenting their theories here as that is a great opportunity for learning from their error how and when they have strayed off the path. They however are not expected to reverse their mistakes.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

thinker……….I tend to agree with Martian on this, it seems that when some can't get their way by convincing debates they began to attack others and it is easy to get caught up in this type of bad behavior, Condescending, and labeling, trying to discredit a person is truly poor form, and when you have a monitor who is the leader of this type of behavior, it really makes it worse, And as Martian has said who here has changed their views, I know I haven't , except maybe understanding that the word GOD does not of it self imply the LORD GOD, that was something i did learn from here and a few other sources also. I believe i Have learned to be more patient too and to overlook bad behavior more then before.

Not to mention i have met some very good and loving people here also. If only we could just stay on subject matter and get rid of all the personal trashing each other. This is a real curse on this site, I don't know if its that way on other sites but i suppose it is also., human nature is human nature after all. I wish T8 would lay down some ground rules for us all and hold His monitor Nick accountable to it also. We really don't need personal attacks Here, So what if we don't all see eye to eye at this time we will some day. And if a person expresses Himself on a subject, thats just his view he is not GOD and if Someone say something new to us How do you know GOD hasn't revealed that to Him or Her and they are is just relaying it to us. WE all (includes ME) need to be more paitent and loving with each other, how do we know if that is not exactly what GOD wants us to learn here. If we can learn to be that way with each other, then we may be more useful to Jesus in the Kingdom.

love and peace to you all………………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    This site is a window on the world and as such can never bring unity as there is no unity between Christ and belial. But those who love scripture may develop that love if they put aside the extraneous matter.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account