Bloody history

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Then why do you preach her false doctrines?
    Come out of her.

Participant

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Sep. 01 2009,17:48)
    So is Jesus Christ responsible for the death of millions?  According to your logic, he must be since these people claimed to be His followers.  But again, that is ridiculous…just like your logic.

Hi CA:

Just because someone professes to be a follower of Jesus Christ does not mean that he is.

Mat 7:21 ¶ Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 05 2009,09:54)

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Sep. 01 2009,17:48)
    So is Jesus Christ responsible for the death of millions?  According to your logic, he must be since these people claimed to be His followers.  But again, that is ridiculous…just like your logic.

Hi CA:

Just because someone professes to be a follower of Jesus Christ does not mean that he is.

Mat 7:21 ¶ Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.  

Mat 7:22   Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?  

Mat 7:23   And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Amen. Exactly my point.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    So why do you profess the pope as a substitute for the Lord Jesus Christ who is among us?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

peace and love………………………gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Thinker …….. I can worship any where i bloody chose to. Its what and who I am worshiping that counts and . Jesus said to worship GOD i n SPIRIT and TRUTH. You say all men may worship GOD as they see FIT, But transposing pagan names of Idols such a ESHTAR the GODDESS of SEX and fertility, (Bunnie rabbits and Easter eggs) is quit a different subject. Easter and Christmas and  All souls night as Halloween and SUNDAY Worship are from PAGAN origins as well AS TRIUNE GOD WORSHIP, These are all IDOLATROUS PRACTICES , and I truly believe that does make a difference.  WE are told to come (OUT) of these false Practices and Beliefs or we would recieve of there Plagues. Many here are plagued by these false teachings and don't even know it. IMO

peace and love………………………gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Sorry for the double post…………………gene

david
    Participant

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Sep. 05 2009,07:12)

HMMM!

I find this one…

“To worship Christ in any form cannot be wrong … ” (WT, 3-1880, 83).

And this one…

“There could be nothing against our consciences in going into the army” (WT, 4-15-1903, 120).

Interesting, since David has been so adament against them!

WJ  :cool:

Yes it IS interesting.

You may all disagree with our doctrines.  BUT you CANNOT accuse us for flip-flopping on any of them.  And THAT is nothing short of miraculous.  Especially when we consider fallen human nature.

True, we did some research on the word “proskyneo.” Turns out, it literally means “bow down” (not necessarily worship.)
    And, we did some research on killing people for the government. Turns out, that's wrong too.
    But those quotes were from more than 100 years ago.

Just as the Catholic church would no longer burn people for owning a Bible, we would no longer go to war. We are now sent to prison instead.

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (david @ Sep. 05 2009,17:23)

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Sep. 05 2009,07:12)

HMMM!

I find this one…

“To worship Christ in any form cannot be wrong … ” (WT, 3-1880, 83).

And this one…

“There could be nothing against our consciences in going into the army” (WT, 4-15-1903, 120).

Interesting, since David has been so adament against them!

WJ  :cool:

Yes it IS interesting.

You may all disagree with our doctrines.  BUT you CANNOT accuse us for flip-flopping on any of them.  And THAT is nothing short of miraculous.  Especially when we consider fallen human nature.

True, we did some research on the word “proskyneo.”  Turns out, it literally means “bow down” (not necessarily worship.)
    And, we did some research on killing people for the government.  Turns out, that's wrong too.
    But those quotes were from more than 100 years ago.

Just as the Catholic church would no longer burn people for owning a Bible, we would no longer go to war.  We are now sent to prison instead.

Davis Even though I am nit a J.W. I agree with you on wars. There is never any winners in a war. Going through one really changes you. I almost died because we had very little to ear and I stole fruit from under a neighbors yard and got sick with worms. Bad story, and I will not go into it. Most German people did not know what was happening to the Jewish people. In fact we had a Jewish couple living next to our Apartment and one day the S.O.S. Soldiers came and got them, we never seen them again. Those that lived close to Dachau if they complained they went into the Gas Chamber also or they were shot on sit.
    Peace and Love Irene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Sep. 05 2009,04:21)

Quote (Cindy @ Sep. 05 2009,03:56)

Quote (Gene @ Sep. 05 2009,03:33)
    David………Thats the problem with organized religions, but notice non of your accusers are telling you of all their, false teachings and beliefs, such as Christmas, Easter, Sunday worship, the FALSE teachings as the TRINITY, and All the blood shed they have caused through out History even in our present times , as Ireland  and other country's testifies to their violent causes. There, (Protestant and Catholics) history are full of blood shed, of true Christians, by the millions. At least the JW's  have not advances the cause of wars on the earth as those Hypocrites do , while preaching Love and Peace they practice war and hate, As can be seen by CA's commits. IMO

peace and love…………………..gene

Gene  You are so  right,  I am really so glad that God has called us out of that Church.  You know I was born in 1938 and I can remember some things from the war, especially the bombing.  And I am glad that did happen.  Why?  Because if Hitler would have won, my Grandmother and I would not be alive today.  My Grandmother was on that so famous list.  It is by the grace of God that we survived.  My Grandmother had Asthma and so do I.  Hitler only wanted blond haired people and healthy ones.  All others would have been destroyed.  In defence of the Catholic Church at that time, they took in many Jewish people and hid them away.  Some survived and others along with the Priest were caught and died in the Gas chamber.  The blood shed that the Catholic Church did goes back to the third century.  This is what happened in our City, whether other Bishops and Priests did something else, that I don't know.  Also my Mother had to sign a paper that she would not have any more Children.  That was a horrible time for so many.  I pray and hope that will never happen again.  I am 71 and glad that my time here on earth is almost over and I can go rest for a time until Christ will come again.
    Peace and Love Irene

Irene,
    I am sincerely sorry you had to experience all that horror. But you did say that some in the Catholic Church helped Jews and hid them. So why blame all? I am not a Catholic. I am just trying to be fair. Gene is not at all a fair minded person. Gene speaks from his emotions and is not a balanced thinker. He ignores that Muslims kill in the name of their monotheism. He has never said anything to our Muslim friend here about Muslims who kill.  Anti-trinitarianism has some bloody background too. I am ashamed to admit that even Protestants have killed.

Gene is not pro-monotheism. He is just anti-trinitarian and it clearly shows. If Muslims were outside Gene's window killing people by the thousands and trinitarians sentenced one man to death like Calvin did, Gene would go after the trinitarians and give the Muslims a pass because they are anti-trinitarian.

Gene has no objectivity.

thinker

Thinker ……….it is quite evident you have not read all my posts to DB, or you would not say that I favor the Islam religion at all, In fact it is you who speak out of emotions and not Logic. You say I am not a fair minded Person, Because i don't see the little act of goodness of some in all faiths, Thats not the Point Here i am talking about it's not special incidents I am referring to, it's the overall teachings I am talking about in a general sense. But you are good at twisting meanings and use ever occasion to twist and discredit what is being said as do Most those deluded into the trinitarian beliefs. Your false assertions of me mean nothing seeing what mind set they are coming from.

peace and love………………gene

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account