Blatant corruption in the NWT

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 195 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 04 2011,11:33)

Quote (Ed J @ Oct. 03 2011,12:50)
    Witness number 1: The watchtower society's publication.
    Witness number 2: The change in the JW's bible, the N.W.T.
    Witness number 3: Will be David's future refusal to deny this.

1.  What publication?  I have yet to see one where the JWs claimed to be the ONLY ones to gain salvation.

2.  What change?  Did they render 17:3 a different way in the past?  If so, has any other translation ever done that?  :)

3.  :D  :laugh:  :D  So you are claiming something that you believe David will someday say as a fact right now?  ???

Ed, (4)either show an OFFICIAL JW statement where THEY THEMSELVES (not someone writing ABOUT them) claim what you say they claim.  If you cannot, then please drop it.

Hi Mike,

1) The one Pierre cited.

2) 1Cor.12:28, John 17:3 and John 1:1 are three alterations so far.

3) No, I said he would refuse to deny it; like he refused to deny the other point.

4) I'm only responding to the posts you keep making. You asked, and I produced.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Oct. 04 2011,12:11)
    I gave you two corresponding points.

1. Respective. (meaning: differentiating two groups; JW's and all others)
    2. Everlasting life is taking in knowledge of him. (only by faithful descrete slaves)

And both of them are translated faithfully by the NWT. So you have yet to show your first “BLATANTLY CORRUPTED” scripture from the NWT.

Let me know when you find one, okay?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Oct. 04 2011,12:18)
    You asked, and I produced.

No Ed, you have not produced one ounce of evidence.  Nor did the post Pierre made suggest that the JWs are the only ones to gain salvation.

Ed, I've grown tired of you for now.  Even Pierre, who is one your side here, told you that “taking in knowledge of” means basically the same things as “knowing”.  I even showed you the NETNotes definition of the word, which fits better with the NWT translation than with the KJV's.  Yet you still bring it up as a scripture you “showed me as proof”.

You have NOT produced any OFFICIAL publication from the WTTS where it is said that the JWs are the only ones to gain salvation, yet you still keep claiming that you have shown proof.

At this point Ed, I'm speaking to that little kid who is insisting the cow says “Ribbet” again.  And at this point, I walk away from you again.

Later,
    mike

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 05 2011,13:10)

Quote (Ed J @ Oct. 04 2011,12:18)
    You asked, and I produced.

No Ed, you have not produced one ounce of evidence.  Nor did the post Pierre made suggest that the JWs are the only ones to gain salvation.

Ed, I've grown tired of you for now.  Even Pierre, who is one your side here, told you that “taking in knowledge of” means basically the same things as “knowing”.  I even showed you the NETNotes definition of the word, which fits better with the NWT translation than with the KJV's.  Yet you still bring it up as a scripture you “showed me as proof”.

You have NOT produced any OFFICIAL publication from the WTTS where it is said that the JWs are the only ones to gain salvation, yet you still keep claiming that you have shown proof.

At this point Ed, I'm speaking to that little kid who is insisting the cow says “Ribbet” again.  And at this point, I walk away from you again.

Later,
    mike

Mike,

I tried to register on a JW discussion board once and came to a rule that I could not post if I did not believe that JW's alone are God's chosen people. So I aborted my registration. But I have never seen this in an official JW publication.

I would like for Ed to substantiate it in an official JW publication. If it is a rule on a discussion board, then it must be in an official publication somewhere.

KJ

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi Jack,

I told Pierre and Ed twice in this thread, that if it really WAS an official stance, then I would stand with them in condemning that particular action of the JWs.

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 06 2011,10:25)
    Hi Jack,

I told Pierre and Ed twice in this thread, that if it really WAS an official stance, then I would stand with them in condemning that particular action of the JWs.

Mike,

I agree that Ed should produce a statement from an official JW publication. But I believe it because I have discoursed with many JW's over a period of several years and they say that those who do not adhere to hteir theology are “apostates” or of the “evil slave class.”

I aborted registration on a JW discussion board because it required me to subscribe to the teaching that JW's only are God's chosen people. I am thinking of trying to find that board where this rule is stated.

KJ

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 06 2011,17:25)
    Hi Jack,

Mike

I can tell you a truth ;you can personally experience it ;

your parents are JW ,and you say that the call you a Christian,

well why do you not go to their meetings and preach your truth as you see it in scriptures ,and then see how long you would live to be welcome in their meetings,and if they would still call you Christian .

the JW has only one communication way it is the watchtower ,,,,sure it is based on scriptures but they are not the only ones ,their are hundreds of them.

with the discreet slave and they will do whatever it take to preserve their ORGANIZATION to stay in command ,

they know a divided kingdom can not survive,
    and a men's kingdom only put a additional burden on the people it serves ,this is not what Christ came to teach he came to make our burden light ,

but their is already a kingdom (organization ) in heaven and it is not the watchtower in Brooklyn that is the master it is Christ under his father God,

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 05 2011,18:02)
    well why do you not go to their meetings and preach your truth as you see it in scriptures ,and then see how long you would live to be welcome in their meetings,and if they would still call you Christian .

I can't think of too many things I disagree with them about scripturally – except the Michael is Jesus thing. So I'm not sure how “my truth” would differ from theirs. :)

Jack, if you find that site, please post it. But know that if the site itself is not officially sanctioned by the WTTS, then it won't really help here – because we are looking for an OFFICIAL statement.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 06 2011,18:24)

I can't think of too many things I disagree with them about scripturally – except the Michael is Jesus thing.  So I'm not sure how “my truth” would differ from theirs.  :)

Jack, if you find that site, please post it.  But know that if the site itself is not officially sanctioned by the WTTS, then it won't really help here – because we are looking for an OFFICIAL statement.

Mike

the reason for you not being there it tells the story,

:)

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 06 2011,11:24)

I can't think of too many things I disagree with them about scripturally – except the Michael is Jesus thing.  So I'm not sure how “my truth” would differ from theirs.  :)

Jack, if you find that site, please post it.  But know that if the site itself is not officially sanctioned by the WTTS, then it won't really help here – because we are looking for an OFFICIAL statement.

Mike, for what it's worth, I always have welcomed the JWs in our Home…. We had many of conversations about who God is and mainly about prophecy…. Georg has studied prophecy and knows Ancient History, but does not agree with them…. And in spite of that fact they still came to see us….i enjoyed their company and their knowledge of Scriptures…. the line up with yours and mine….in fact it was one of the JWs who first made us aware of who The Word of God is……for that I thank them….
    Peace and Love Irene

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 06 2011,13:48)

Mike

Pierre, you are jumping to conclusion about what Mike should or should not do…. that my friend is uncalled for…Irene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Pastry @ Oct. 07 2011,06:28)

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 06 2011,13:48)

Mike

Pierre, you are jumping to conclusion about what Mike should or should not do…. that my friend is uncalled for…Irene

???? :)

Quote (Pastry @ Oct. 06 2011,23:26)
    Mike, for what it's worth, I always have welcomed the JWs in our Home…. We had many of conversations about who God is and mainly about prophecy…. Georg has studied prophecy and knows Ancient History, but does not agree with them…. And in spite of that fact they still came to see us….i enjoyed their company and their knowledge of Scriptures…. the line up with yours and mine….in fact it was one of the JWs who first made us aware of who The Word of God is……for that I thank them….
    Peace and Love Irene

Irene,

Jehovah's Witnesses have attracted criticism from mainstream Christianity, some members of the medical community, some former members and some commentators over their beliefs and practices. The religion has been accused of doctrinal inconsistency and reversals, false predictions, mistranslation of the Bible, harsh treatment of former members and autocratic and coercive leadership. Criticism has also focused on their rejection of blood transfusions, particularly in life-threatening medical situations, and claims that they have failed to report cases of sexual abuse to the authorities. Many of the claims are denied by Jehovah's Witnesses and some have also been disputed by courts and religious scholars.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Jehovah's_Witnesses

and,

The Watch Tower Society has attracted criticism for disfellowshipping members who decide they cannot conscientiously agree with all the religion's teachings and practices. Sociologist Andrew Holden says that because the religion provides no valid reason for leaving, those who do choose to leave are regarded as traitors

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki….hunning

It really irks me to no end sometimes how you and Georg have no acquired no wisdom with age. The JW's gave you lies about who the Word is. Only one of the translators of the NWT had a high school education and none had any formal training in Hebrew and Greek. You're both so gullible!

Jack

seekingtruth
    Participant

Jack,
    I wouldn't lean too heavily on formal education:

Acts 4:12-14 Now when they saw the boldness and unfettered eloquence of Peter and John and perceived that they were unlearned and untrained in the schools [common men with no educational advantages], they marveled; and they recognized that they had been with Jesus.

Wm

This makes you wonder where Mike has been.

http://forums.carm.org/vbb….ry!

I see the WT is making the news again with their attempts to dishonor those who would disagree with them. A couple of thoughts I had concerning this is the fact that at least half of their present members will leave the Organization. So in effect they are saying that at least half of the congregations are mentally diseased. The other thought is that they are making it hard on themselves as they spew such hatred, especially in countries like Great Britain who already have a disdain for religion in general. Such countries are on the verge of enacting the hate laws on religions and those that would speak out against what we once called immorality. We see it in the USA as well as groups are having Christians arrested for speaking out on major issues. I believe the WT Org. is getting desperate as their works are being exposed globally and will make such radical statements to try to give their members more justification to shun/hate those of us who have left them. Personally , as I have rid myself of all JW beliefs and have invited Jesus into my life ,I have come to love my enemies more and really feel bad for those who are actually mentally diseased. I also suspect that some JW's with a good heart will awaken to the lack of mercy from the WT and come join those who are no longer diseased spiritually. That is my hope any way.Unquote.

The official magazine for Jehovah’s Witnesses has described those who leave the church as “mentally diseased”, prompting an outcry from former members and insiders concerned about the shunning of those who question official doctrine.

Jeremy Taylor at The Independent writes

An article published in July’s edition of The Watchtower warns followers to stay clear of “false teachers” who are condemned as being “mentally diseased” apostates who should be avoided at all costs. “Suppose that a doctor told you to avoid contact with someone who is infected with a contagious, deadly disease,” the article reads. “You would know what the doctor means, and you would strictly heed his warning. Well, apostates are ‘mentally diseased’, and they seek to infect others with their disloyal teachings.”

A copy of the magazine, distributed by Jehovah’s Witnesses around the world, was given to The Independent by a current member of the church who has become unhappy with official teaching but is afraid to leave for fear of losing his family.

“Many like me remain associated with the Witnesses out of fear of being uncovered as an ‘apostate’ and ousted, not just from the organization, but from their own friends and families,” said the man, who would only give the name John. “I find I am now branded as ‘mentally diseased’ – giving any who discover my true beliefs free license to treat me with disdain.”

As a faith with a centralized leadership, many forms of discipline are used to counter criticism of doctrine, with punishments ranging from restriction of official duties to excommunication. Those who have been thrown out of the church often find themselves ostracized by fellow believers.

A growing number of former and current Witnesses have begun to argue that the church’s use of the word “mentally diseased” to describe defectors could be in breach of Britain’s religious hatred laws.

Jehovah’s Witnesses serve the Watch Tower Society, contributed by http://www.recognizable.com/26208/wa…39;s-witnesses

Quote (seekingtruth @ Oct. 07 2011,07:45)
    Jack,
    I wouldn't lean too heavily on formal education:

Acts 4:12-14 Now when they saw the boldness and unfettered eloquence of Peter and John and perceived that they were unlearned and untrained in the schools [common men with no educational advantages], they marveled; and they recognized that they had been with Jesus.

Wm

Wm,

The disciples did know their language. The NWT translators did not know the language of the disciples.

Jack

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Pastry @ Oct. 06 2011,06:26)
    Peace and Love Irene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Wow Jack!

I see a whole lot of HATE from you. And a whole lot of press from NON- JW's. But still no OFFICIAL statement from THEM that they are the only ones to be saved.

Pick ANY group of people in the world, and you'll find millions of nay-sayers.

Is anyone ever going to post a scripture that the NWT actually translated in a “BLATANTLY CORRUPTED” manner?

mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Kangaroo Jack Jr. @ Oct. 06 2011,15:39)
    The NWT translators did not know the language of the disciples.

:D Yet they were able to put together a beautifully unique translation, despite not being able to speak Hebrew OR Greek? :D :laugh: :D

Someone's been pulling your leg, Jack.

terraricca
    Participant

Mike

I see a whole lot of HATE from you. And a whole lot of press from NON- JW's. But still no OFFICIAL statement from THEM that they are the only ones to be saved.

go to the book called SALVATION in the chapter that called Gods governememt ,there you will find it

I only have the french version of that book ,so i cannot send it to you.

but you want someone else to provide the book and literature ,and this I think will not happen so you are save

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 195 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account