Biblical unitarianism

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 170 total)
  • Author

For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition [between us]; Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, [even] the law of commandments [contained] in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, [so] making peace; And that he might reconcile both unto 'Elohim in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. Ephesians 2:14-18

Which [hope] we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil; Hebrews 6:19

And after the second veil, the tabernacle which is called the Holiest of all; Which had the golden censer, and the ark of the covenant overlaid round about with gold, wherein [was] the golden pot that had manna, and Aaron's rod that budded, and the tables of the covenant; And over it the cherubims of glory shadowing the mercyseat; of which we cannot now speak particularly. Now when these things were thus ordained, the priests went always into the first tabernacle, accomplishing the service [of 'Elohim]. But into the second [went] the high priest alone once every year, not without blood, which he offered for himself, and [for] the errors of the people: The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing: Hebrews 9:3-8

Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Yeshua HaMoshiach, By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; And [having] an high priest over the house of 'Elohim; Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water. Hebrews 10:19-22

Maybe this is the true baprism? And yes the thief was under the NEW COVENANT! :blues:

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CON,
    Yes the inner washing is in the blood of the saviour in response to our repentant plea in baptism in his name.[1Peter3]

The veil is the flesh of Jesus.

Until that veil was torn in his death those who were under the OT remained bound by it.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To All…………> the (ONLY) baptism that counts is the Baptism of Christ. He who Baptiste's with SPIRIT and FIRE. Water makes you wet and cleanses nothing except the flesh, while the Baptism from above cleanses our Hearts and minds, seek the Heavenly Baptism and GOD will POUR Forth of HIS SPIRIT and You will Be (TRULY CLEANSED) From above. Water for the Carnal , SPIRIT WATER for the SPIRITUAL. IMO

love and peace to you all………………..gene

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 27 2009,10:20)
    Hi CON,
    Yes the inner washing is in the blood of the saviour in response to our repentant plea in baptism in his name.[1Peter3]

The veil is the flesh of Jesus.

Until that veil was torn in his death those who were under the OT remained bound by it.

So by your very own confirmation, the thief on the cross was under the NEW COVENANT.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CON,
    No.
    The promise was made before that new covenant was confirmed by his death.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 27 2009,19:20)
    Hi CON,
    No.
    The promise was made before that new covenant was confirmed by his death.

And that means what? Nothing. Covenants are sealed in BLOOD. The Covenant was sealed in BLOOD before the thief died. The thief died in the new covenant.

Nothing wrong with admitting you were wrong.

:cool:

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CON,
    The covenant was yet unsealed and the temple curtain yet intact.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To all……….Jesus said to the thief  ” i tell you this day, you SHALL be with me in Paradise. another words Jesus was saying i am telling you this day, you shall be with me (future tense) in paradise.  Jesus did not go to Paradise (that) day he went to his grave that day. False religion use this to mean that very day the thief went to paradise, but Jesus never said that it would happen (THAT DAY). Jesus recognized by what the thief said that GOD had given him the Spirit (intellect) to perceive who Jesus was, so Jesus know immediately GOD was with the thief.  IMO

peace and love to all………………….gene

The following quote made by a poster in here is a bold face LIE and is in fact an UNTRUTH:

The covenant was yet unsealed and the temple curtain yet intact.

The following will plainly show that Yeshua HaMoshiach died upon the cross, his blood was spilled, and the Temple Veil was rent (issuing in the new covenant), prior to the death of the two thieves upon the other crosses:

The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and [that] they might be taken away. Then came the soldiers, and brake the legs of the first, and of the other which was crucified with him. But when they came to Yeshua HaMoshiach, and saw that he was dead already, they brake not his legs: But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water. John 19:31-34

And it was about the sixth hour, and there was a darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour. And the sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was rent in the midst. And when Yeshua HaMoshiach had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost. Luke 23:44-46

Yeshua HaMoshiach, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost. And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent; Matthew 27:50-51

And Yeshua HaMoshiach cried with a loud voice, and gave up the ghost. And the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom. Mark 15:37-38

For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition [between us]; Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, [even] the law of commandments [contained] in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, [so] making peace; And that he might reconcile both unto 'Elohim in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. Ephesians 2:14-18

Which [hope] we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil; Hebrews 6:19

And after the second veil, the tabernacle which is called the Holiest of all; Which had the golden censer, and the ark of the covenant overlaid round about with gold, wherein [was] the golden pot that had manna, and Aaron's rod that budded, and the tables of the covenant; And over it the cherubims of glory shadowing the mercyseat; of which we cannot now speak particularly. Now when these things were thus ordained, the priests went always into the first tabernacle, accomplishing the service [of 'Elohim]. But into the second [went] the high priest alone once every year, not without blood, which he offered for himself, and [for] the errors of the people: The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing: Hebrews 9:3-8

Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Yeshua HaMoshiach, By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; And [having] an high priest over the house of 'Elohim; Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water. Hebrews 10:19-22

It be alot easier if someone can claim that they were wrong, and get on with truth, instead of trying to argue their lie into truth.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CON,
    So the temple veil was torn at his death.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Is it the Unitarians who say that the WORD is just a PLAN?

barley
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 08 2005,09:05)
    Hi,
    Ramblinrose has posted a link to this site in the trinity forum
    http://www.biblicalunitarian.com/modules….sid=109

It is interesting in it's views on the “Holy Spirit”[=God to them} and “gift of holy spirit”
    Also Jesus as having no human derivation being a genetically perfect recreation. This makes Mary a surrogate mother only and makes Jesus not the son of David.
    I would be interested in the views of others.

God is the Holy Spirit.

God is holy

God is spirit.

God is the Holy Spirit.  

God gave to us of His spirit, I John 4:13  

“Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.”

It was given as a gift.

Acts 11:17

“Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?”

referring to Acts 1:8,2:4,38

“But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. “

“And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.”

“Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.”

Everyone who does Romans 10:9-10 receives that gift of salvation/righteousness/eternal life/holy spirit/incorruptible seed.

Mary was not a surrogate mother, if that is what the article actually implies.

She contributed the egg which was fertilized by the soul life that God created in Mary, as in a sperm cell with perfect and dominant genetics.

Thus since the source of the male seed was God, by his creating it in Mary and the source of the egg was Mary, who is of the line of David, the legal requirements for Jesus Christ's access to the throne of David are met.

barley

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

barely…………….Good post brother.

peace and love ………………………………………gene

barley
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 01 2012,04:22)
    Hi,

Logos meaning in its literal sense a communication or message or the thoughts behind the words used is definitely part of what John 1 speaks of.

Certainly God's thoughts, what his intent to communicate to man was with him even in the beginning. Those thoughts of God included the plan of redemption. So in a sense, logos is plan, but that for me is a little too specific. Certainly God's instruction for man's salvation is what the scriptures is about.

What He had planned to have written in scripture was as much a part of God's thoughts in the beginning as the need for man's redemption.

Without scripture, we have no certain word of God. All men have access to know that God exists.  That is plain to know by just living.

But specific details of truth written down for our benefit is scripture, namely, the word of God.  

The word, the words of God is a much God as God is God.  Out His heart His mouth speaks.  

barley.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 29 2012,23:22)
    Hi,

Nick,

I do not dispute that interpretation as Scripture attests the plan of Anointed was from the beginning of the World.

Scriptural passages can have more than one true interpretation.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 02 2012,15:35)

Hi,

Nick,

I do not dispute that interpretation as Scripture attests the plan of Anointed was from the beginning of the World.  

Kerwin

like what ???? example

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 02 2012,03:40)

Hi,

Nick,

Kerwin

like what ???? example

Pierre,

Hosea 11
    God’s Love for Israel
    1 “When Israel was a child, I loved him,
    and out of Egypt I called my son.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 02 2012,16:46)

Hi,

Nick,

Kerwin

like what ???? example

Pierre,

Hosea 11
    God’s Love for Israel

Kerwin

show me what many true interpretation we can give to this verse ??

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 02 2012,04:50)

Hi,

Nick,

Kerwin

like what ???? example

Pierre,

Hosea 11
    God’s Love for Israel

Kerwin

Pierre,

Hosea 11

New International Version (NIV)
    Hosea 11
    God’s Love for Israel
    2 But the more they were called,
      the more they went away from me.[a]
    They sacrificed to the Baals
      and they burned incense to images.

Who is this passage speaking of?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 02 2012,18:27)

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 02 2012,04:50)

Hi,

Nick,

Kerwin

like what ???? example

Pierre,

Hosea 11
    God’s Love for Israel

Kerwin

Pierre,

Hosea 11

New International Version (NIV)
    Hosea 11
    God’s Love for Israel
    2 But the more they were called,
      the more they went away from me.[a]
    They sacrificed to the Baals
      and they burned incense to images.

Who is this passage speaking of?

Kerwin

A) it talkes about Israel at the time of Moses were God took them out of Egypt

B) it talks about Jesus in a prophetic way ;Mt 2:19 After Herod died, an angel of the Lord appeared in a dream to Joseph in Egypt
    Mt 2:20 and said, “Get up, take the child and his mother and go to the land of Israel, for those who were trying to take the child’s life are dead.”
    Mt 2:21 So he got up, took the child and his mother and went to the land of Israel

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 170 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account