Biblical Problems for Young Earth Creationism

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Biblical Problems for Young Earth Creationism

10 reasons why the Bible doesn’t support a young earth.

Young Earth Creationists insist that the Bible must be taken literally and because of that, they say it teaches that the Earth is around 6000 years old. While this flies in the face of science, the Bible itself does not guarantee this belief either.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hockeycowboy
    Participant

I agree. Another line of evidence (sorry if you posted it, I missed it):

God told Adam concerning the tree, “in the *day* you eat from it, you will die.”
    They didn’t…..that *day* was centuries later.

Using “day” this way as an unspecified period of time, doesn’t contradict the Hebrew definition of “Yohm” ; rather, the context supports it.

Proclaimer
    Participant

@adam

Great point.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Although, another view is they started to die that day. They say the day we are born is also the day we start to die.

Regardless, I still believe a day is a period of time and not always the time it takes the earth to do a revolution.

A day is as a thousand years to God, likewise a thousand years is like a day.

Proclaimer
    Participant

The Bible and age of the earth?

The sequence of days in Genesis begin when it says: ‘God said’, not when God made the heavens and the earth. The bible says nothing about the age of the earth. It’s foolish to argue for a 6000 or so years old earth because it is not written in scripture.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account