Believeth on the lord and ye shall be saved

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 162 total)
  • Author
    malcolm ferris
    Participant

Amen Nick
    1 Jn 2:22-3
    The spirit of antichrist – (same as the spirit of error really – cos there are only 2 spirits we need to concern ourselves with here the spirit of Truth and the spirit of Error all spirits that are mentioned are therefore only from one of these 2 possible sources)
    The spirit of antichrist is identified as that which denies that Jesus is the Christ, that denies the Father and the Son.
    It is also apparent that simply using a literal name will not gaurantee us anything Matt 7:22 lets us know that there are going to be those who operate gifted ministries in the name of God. Also it is obvious to us that anyone can call upon the literal name of Jesus and it does not gaurantee salvation. After all many do.
    No I believe that a name represents a person, their life and identity.
    Father is not a name, Holy Spirit is not a name, Son is not a name.
    They are titles, offices that a person with a name may hold.
    And even a personal name can be held by more than one person.
    There are many John Smiths in the world.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (malcolm ferris @ Mar. 31 2006,22:21)
    Amen Nick
    The spirit of antichrist – (same as the spirit of error really – cos there are only 2 spirits we need to concern ourselves with here the spirit of Truth and the spirit of Error all spirits that are mentioned are therefore only from one of these 2 possible sources)
    The spirit of antichrist is identified as that which denies that Jesus is the Christ, that denies the Father and the Son.
    It is also apparent that simply using a literal name will not gaurantee us anything Matt 7:22 lets us know that there are going to be those who operate gifted ministries in the name of God. Also it is obvious to us that anyone can call upon the literal name of Jesus and it does not gaurantee salvation. After all many do.

Hi Malcolm,
    Father and son are more than titles. President Bush has a title. Pastor Ferris is a title. Both speak of roles appointed or elected according to ability.

But a son is not a son unless he has a father, and a father is not a father unless he has children. It speaks of a relationship between two and a very specific and defined relationship.

I am a father and you are a son. But I am not your father and you are not my son.

Calling you “father” would be highly inappropriate just as if you called me “son”

Eph 4.14f
    “For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name”

The Father is so called by Paul because he is the Father of Jesus and of all God's sons including Paul. If God is not a father then this scripture tells us neither is any such family relationship true.

malcolm ferris
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 04 2006,04:29)

Quote (malcolm ferris @ Mar. 31 2006,22:21)
    Amen Nick

Hi Malcolm,
    Father and son are more than titles. President Bush has a title. Pastor Ferris is a title. Both speak of roles appointed or elected according to ability.

But a son is not a son unless he has a father, and a father is not a father unless he has children. It speaks of a relationship between two and a very specific and defined relationship.

I am a father and you are a son. But I am not your father and you are not my son.

Calling you “father” would be highly inappropriate just as if you called me “son”

Eph 4.14f
    “For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name”

The Father is so called by Paul because he is the Father of Jesus and of all God's sons including Paul. If God is not a father then this scripture tells us neither is any such family relationship true.

I didn't say that the Father was not a person, just that Father is not a name, I know that Father, Fireman, Paster, Butcher etc are titles. But there is always a person behind a title, or persons.
    Christian for example is a title that many people claim to hold.

Christ for example is not a name, it describes either an anointing, anointed one or the anointer.

Where do you get the idea that I think Jesus is his own Father?
    or that the Father is his own son?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Malcolm,
    I never had that idea. I find your insights generally sound and appropriate.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The old false favourite of salvation by faith alone has come up so perhaps this thread may give more light than heat.

malcolm ferris
    Participant

I think it is a matter of balance, it is clear that outside of the Grace of God there is no salvation available to men.
    Yet many claim to be saved by grace, some even using grace as a kind of licence to continue living as before.
    Grace is not a get out of jail free card.
    One test of whether a person is truly a recipient of the Grace of God is their reaction to the Word of God when it comes to them.
    Most everyone is willing and more than happy to recieve free and full pardon when offered to them.
    But how many will then change their lifestyles as a result and fall into obedience to the master?
    True grace can only be given and recieved in Love, I beleive, so the obedience that follows the recieving of God's Grace is not a conditional thing at all, you are free – to do as you will.
    But if you have recieved the Love of the Truth – you will love the truth and want to fall in line with it as much as it lays within you to do so.
    You become a love slave to the Word of God. The commandments of it become not a duty, not just conditions to be observed but a joy and a priveledge.
    That's my 2 cents worth at least.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Malcolm,
    You have got to work with the Spirit to win the inner battles. The land is promised but must be conquered. As the light exposes the darkness and the bats take wing and the rats and mice scurry away, and old ideas and speculations are discarded according to the Word, Christ is born into us.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    A popular false salvation message.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi dunno,
    A relevant discussion.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    heiscomingintheclouds has brought forward again this popular but false teaching.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    A verse I had not noted before.
    Rom 1.19
    “because that which is known about God IS EVIDENT WITHIN THEM; for God made it evident to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen…”

So every man is given a measure of faith to be able to recognise the works of God in creation?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    This myth that salvation is by faith alone remains popular.

Lk 13.1f
    “1There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.

2And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things?

3I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

4Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?

5I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.”

Lk 15
    ” 4What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?

5And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.

6And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.

7I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

8Either what woman having ten pieces of silver, if she lose one piece, doth not light a candle, and sweep the house, and seek diligently till she find it?

9And when she hath found it, she calleth her friends and her neighbours together, saying, Rejoice with me; for I have found the piece which I had lost.

10Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth. “

Lk 13
    “23Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them,

24Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

25When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:

26Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.

27But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity. “

malcolm ferris
    Participant

Rom 1 lets us know that even the unredeemed can see in the natural creation evidence of a creator, and have within themselves a desire to worship something.

But knowing of Him is not believing on Him. Many people may know OF a celebrity (seems these days they know all about them – and nothing about Christ) but knowing about someone is not knowing them. It is not a personal relationship.

Many are going to be disappointed when Jesus says to them – depart from me you worlkers of iniquity I never knew you.

So believing is more than just head knowledge – it is a spiritual walk with our Lord and Saviour.

IMHO :D

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (malcolm ferris @ Sep. 01 2006,01:29)
    Rom 1 lets us know that even the unredeemed can see in the natural creation evidence of a creator, and have within themselves a desire to worship something.

But knowing of Him is not believing on Him. Many people may know OF a celebrity (seems these days they know all about them – and nothing about Christ) but knowing about someone is not knowing them. It is not a personal relationship.

Many are going to be disappointed when Jesus says to them – depart from me you worlkers of iniquity I never knew you.

So believing is more than just head knowledge – it is a spiritual walk with our Lord and Saviour.

IMHO :D

Hi Malcolm,
    “Rom 1 lets us know that even the unredeemed can see in the natural creation evidence of a creator, and have within themselves a desire to worship something.”
    Not quite
    ROM 1
    ” 19Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,”

Can't see desire in there anywhere.
    Most men are GODLESS.

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

I apologize to everyone I may have offended in these forums.

Please don't look at me as an example of what a JW is, I haven't been one in over 10 years.

Anyway, I'm sorry for anyone in these forums that I've upset. I'm going to get my life on track, so I will no longer be joining in on these conversations for quite some time, if ever again.

I don't want my opinions to offend anymore people, so again I apologize to all.

The complete board is back to being your's Nick……………may your efforts of spreading “your” truth bring you all the happiness you can get from it.

And to anyone on this site that bashes the witnesses, please remember this, It's not the witnesses you are bashing, but Jehovah.

And to all you “born again” Christians who love using Jesus name……..please think about this info:

God’s name is Jehovah

“We do not say that “Jehovah” is the correct pronunciation of God's name. For that matter, neither is “Jesus” the correct pronunciation of Christ's name. But according to the Aramaic language which Christ and his apostles spoke, his name was pronounced “Yeshu'a”……. But “Jesus” is only our colloquial way of pronouncing his name, and we do not find fault with you for using it instead of Yeshu'a.

It might be added here what the meaning of the Son of God's name “Jesus” is, whilst he dwelt on earth as a man, as used by all translations. According to Weymouth this name means “Jehovah is Salvation.”(The New Testament in Modern Speech, ftnote 21 under Matthew 1:21.) He is entirely right. So every time anyone uses this name, Jesus, (which is not the original pronunciation of it in the 1st century) he is using and supporting a form of The Divine Name JEHOVAH

“Those who reject the English “Jehovah” and insist on using the Hebrew pronunciation[Yahweh] would do well to ask themselves why they say “Jesus Christ,” when that was not the way his name was pronounced in Hebrew. That is the English way, derived from the Greek language. In Hebrew, Jesus would be closer to “Yehshua” and Christ would be “Mash'edahh.” So, as we say “Jesus Christ” in the English language, we also say “Jehovah,” both being correct when speaking English.”

I again apologize to everyone I may have offended….

My only request was that you quit arguing over stupid stuff, and focus on the more important issues in these last days, but even I can't seem to stop arguing, so I'm bowing out to go do what I know I need to do to get my life back on track.

There's no need to respond to my messages anymore, because I'm now saying good buy to you all…………….

May all of your searches for “truth” bring you to what it is you are searching for.

Peace to all….I'm out!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    True faith is obedient faith.
    Philippians 2:8
    And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Exodus 24:7
    And he took the book of the covenant, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the LORD hath said will we do, and be obedient.
    Deut 4
    29But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.

30When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days, if thou turn to the LORD thy God, and shalt be obedient unto his voice;31(For the LORD thy God is a merciful God;) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.

Isaiah 1:19
    If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:

2 Corinthians 2:9
    For to this end also did I write, that I might know the proof of you, whether ye be obedient in all things.

1 Peter 1:14
    As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:

You MUST be born from above.

Jamie
    Participant

How can one believeth on the LORD when they don't even know His true Name Yah'shua?

Jamie

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jamie,
    Yahshua is the Son of the living God.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 162 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account