Believeth on the lord and ye shall be saved

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 162 total)
  • Author
    BrandonIke
    Participant

the bible says no necromancy, no familiar spirits (meaning you can't try to communicate with ancestors who have died).

but jesus christ mentioned that queen that visited king solomon would be better off than the sinner(s). i don't remember the exact quote.

jesus christ mentioned jonah. he mentioned how king david let the people eat that rice or wheat thing during the sabbath. if my references are wrong, please correct me.

you can learn from scripture, from the men who have lived in the past that are in the bible, but nowhere do i recall a command stating to honor or respect those who have died except jesus christ.

BrandonIke
    Participant

nowhere do i recall mary, peter, paul needing each other.

BrandonIke
    Participant

nick, i'm sorry if i posted a lot and am annoying or something, but i don't know if i can explain in a short and simple way.

i want the truth, please, if you find something wrong in me, alert me. we should work together to search for the meanings, understandings.

BrandonIke
    Participant

i'm from new jersey in america of korean descent. koreans in general celebrate what is known as a “harvest festival.” they even get together in the borough, queens which is part of new york city near shea stadium where the mets of baseball play. i've been there before with my family. they had 2 korean wrestling guys, and such.

it is my belief this is pagan. christianity was apparently introduced relatively recently. there was concern that this is idolatry i think, and yet christians still celebrate this pagan holiday.

i believe very strongly there should be no necromancy or garbage like this. i don't want to argue in anger with you, nick hassan, but i want the truth.

BrandonIke
    Participant

i don't think my faith is built on theirs. i think my faith is built in jesus christ.

where did mary give contribution to scripture? if you want to add all this work from people, you can just as easily say my faith is built on the postal worker's faith and work, since he brought mail to me. or the mechanic, since he fixes the car. i don't like this. truly, it's built by our heavenly Father. no man can live without Him.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi b,
    Respect is the basis of all christian relationships.
    Peter said[1Peter 2.17]
    “Honor all people, love the brotherhood, fear God, honor the king”
    Paul said[Eph 2.19]
    “So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and are of God's household, having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the cornerstone, in which the whole building, being fitted together, is growing into a holy temple in the Lord, in whom you also are being built together into a dwelling of God in the Spirit”
    and
    1Cor 12.12
    ” For even as the body is one and yet has many members, and all the members of the body, though they are many ,are one body, whether Jew or Greeks, whether slave or free, and we were all made to drink of one Spirit”
    He might also have mentioned those who were part but had fallen asleep in the Lord[died].
    He did mention them in 1 Thess 4.13
    ” But we do not want you to be misinformed, brethren,about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope. For just as we believe that Jesus doied and rose again, even so God will bring with him all those who have fallen asleep in Jesus”
    We do not pray to them or invoke them or worship them but they are one with the Lord and deserve at least the greatest respect.

BrandonIke
    Participant

no, our heavenly Father deserves our greatest respect. “they” are in christ? you do not judge, and you do not know who is in heaven or not with authority. i do not judge, and i do not know who is in heaven or not with authority. if one does not know the direction of the wind, then how can he know about heaven?

we have to work with living men, not men who have died. i think paul was trying console those who were sad and mourning over lost ones. i don't see in 1 thess. 4:13 a command to respect those who have died. plus, you spelled “died” wrong as “doied.”

BrandonIke
    Participant

i forgot to add the word “to” for “trying to console”

BrandonIke
    Participant

yes, this world can be shaped by the works of men day by day. but my faith is built through jesus christ. there's a difference between faith and works.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi b,
    Who said they are in heaven? Are you not even sure Paul and Peter are saved? Then what chance do you think that slackers like us have?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi b,
    Our heavenly Father deserves more than respect my friend. We fear and worship our God and Creator. Respect is what we owe men but is not sufficient as the way we approach God.

BrandonIke
    Participant

nick hassan, king solomon was famous while he was alive for having the most powerful kingdom i think on earth and for having such wide wisdom and knowledge. but that is up to the individual to have that respect for that specific person.

samson was the strongest on earth i think, but that is up to the individual to have respect for his strength for that specific person.

nowhere, in the bible, do i remember a commandment to respect those who have fallen, to have a memorial service for fallen soldiers, to have a holiday for a person's assassination like jfk or dr. martin luther king, jr.

BrandonIke
    Participant

i have a question, what does it mean if a person has a yellow light bulb next to their name? and what does it mean if the light bulb is not shining yellow?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi b,
    Do you respect the Spirit of God which empowered and motivated the men of God?

BrandonIke
    Participant

i love our heavenly Father

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi b,
    Then you will surely also love His chlidren and your brothers?If you are a child of God then Paul is your brother and Mary your sister.

BrandonIke
    Participant

no, that's not in scripture. it does not say to love those that have died. it says to love your neighbor.

jesus christ said that there are no marriages in heaven. in the bible, there was a statement “rest with your fathers” referring to death. the ancestors weren't referred to as brothers. i don't think paul and peter are my blood brothers according to the bible.

BrandonIke
    Participant

2 sam. 7:12 “When your days are fulfilled, and you shall sleep with your fathers, I will set up your seed after you, who shall proceed out of your bowels, and I will establish his kingdom.” the ancestors who died were not called the brothers of david

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi b,
    So is Jesus your brother? He died but lives. As do all the others who have passed from death to life?Jesus said “For whoever does the will of God; he is my brother and sister and mother”
    That relationship does not end with death and neither does our relationship with them end there.

Eliyah
    Participant

Nick,

BrandonIke gave a fair explanation concerning the dead, and you seem to be unable to accept his scriptures he gave, but the Messiah is the ONLY ONE who has received immortality as of yet by a resurrection.

For there is ONLY 2 spoken of in scriptures as having “” immortality “” , and that is the Father Yah, and the Son( Rom.2:7; 1 Tim.1:17; 1 Tim.6:16; 2 Tim.1:10).

The word ” Immortal ” appears only ONE TIME, and it is in ( 1 Tim.1:17), and it refers to “” the immortal King “.

The word “” Immortality “” appears ONLY 5 times, and in 3 places( Rom.2:7; 1 Tim.6:16; 2 Tim.1:10) it refers to the Father and the Son.

Then, the word ” Immortality “” appears 2 times in ( 1 Cor.15:53-54) and it refers to the DEAD and LIVE Saints who shall future tense put on “” Immortality “” at Messiah's coming.

Nick, if you have been taught “” the immortal soul doctrine “” , then you have been taught A LIE, it is the first lie told to Eve in the Garden by satan the devil.

For satan told Eve, “” you shall not surely die “”, why you have an “” immortal soul “”, and the world has ever since believed that first LIE.

If you already have “” an immortal soul “” then what would even be the purpose of a “” resurrection “” to immortality( 1 Cor.15:53-54)??????

Eliyah C. on the net!

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 162 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account