Before Abraham was, I am.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 463 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Dec. 17 2011,09:30)
    i said we are equal. did you read my post?

And I asked you:

Can I be EQUAL TO you and BE you at the same time? YES or NO?

Did you read MY post?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Dec. 17 2011,09:31)
    dont you have the form of man mike

Yes, I exist in the form of man. What does that mean to you, jammin? To me, it means that I consist of a spirit, body, and soul.

How about God? What form does God exist in? He is a spirit being, right?

So if Jesus was “in the form of God”, then it is saying that Jesus was existing as a spirit being before he was made into the likeness of man.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Dec. 17 2011,09:40)
    now why did paul say did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage

The words are, “did not consider equality with God something to be grasped”.

Just like the many translations I posted for you have it rendered.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 18 2011,02:42)

And I asked you:

Can I be EQUAL TO you and BE you at the same time?  YES or NO?

Did you read MY post?

i answered this already. read my post mike :D :D

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 18 2011,02:46)

Quote (jammin @ Dec. 17 2011,09:40)
    now why did paul say did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage

The words are, “did not consider equality with God something to be grasped”.

Just like the many translations I posted for you have it rendered.

the answer is in verse 8. that's why paul said did not consider equality with God something to be grasped”.

not the answer in your mind my friend mike.

the answer is already in verse 8. pls read it carefully :D :D

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 18 2011,02:44)

Quote (jammin @ Dec. 17 2011,09:31)
    dont you have the form of man mike

Yes, I exist in the form of man.  What does that mean to you, jammin?  To me, it means that I consist of a spirit, body, and soul.

How about God?  What form does God exist in?  He is a spirit being, right?

So if Jesus was “in the form of God”, then it is saying that Jesus was existing as a spirit being before he was made into the likeness of man.

then we have the same form. therefore we are equal in a sense that we have the same form. form of man! nice answer mike :D :D

christ and GOD have the same form too :D :D :D

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Yes jammin.

I agree that Jesus and his God are equally spirit beings.  I believe that the OTHER angels of God are also equally spirit beings.

jammin
    Participant

same form means equal. :D :D :D :D :D
    i hope you understand the term equal

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Dec. 17 2011,09:49)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 18 2011,02:42)

And I asked you:

Can I be EQUAL TO you and BE you at the same time?  YES or NO?

Did you read MY post?

i answered this already. read my post mike  :D  :D

Just say “YES” or “NO”, please.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 18 2011,02:55)
    Yes jammin.

I agree that Jesus and his God are equally spirit beings.  I believe that the OTHER angels of God are also equally spirit beings.

where can you read equal in spirit in phil 2:6??
    that's your assignment mike. the term equal there is not the same as you know. give me a translation saying that christ and GOD is equal in spirit. :D :D :D

jammin
    Participant

i mean equally spirit beings. where can you read that in phil 2:6?? :D :D

jammin
    Participant

you are using angels created by GOD. they are not the same with GOD and christ. the term equal in phil 2:6 can not be used to the created angels of GOD. :D :D :D

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Says WHO? You? :)

This is what we here call “The Exception for Jesus Rule”. You don't think that any of the OTHER angels of God are God Himself. So why the “exception for Jesus”, jammin?

And before I show you a scripture that says Jesus and God are “equally spirit beings”, why don't you show me one that says Jesus is equal to his own God in the first place?

Because Phil 2 surely doesn't teach that the SERVANT OF God is equal to God.

You do know that Christ is a SERVANT of our God and his God, right?

jammin
    Participant

you want me to read verse that christ is equal with GOD.
    Philippians 2:6

The Message (MSG)

5-8Think of yourselves the way Christ Jesus thought of himself. He had equal status with God but didn't think so much of himself that he had to cling to the advantages of that status no matter what. Not at all. When the time came, he set aside the privileges of deity and took on the status of a slave, became human! Having become human, he stayed human. It was an incredibly humbling process. He didn't claim special privileges. Instead, he lived a selfless, obedient life and then died a selfless, obedient death—and the worst kind of death at that—a crucifixion.

that's the verse.. :D :D :D :D

now show me what you are saying in phil 2:6
    mike: And before I show you a scripture that says Jesus and God are “equally spirit beings”,

read that in phil 2:6. do not jump to other verse. bec you do not understand the term equal in phil 2:6.
    you said a while ago equally spirit beings,. now show me where can you find it in phil 2:6.
    you are just adding words mike :D :D

mikeboll64
    Blocked

I will not waste my time commenting on the Trinitarian biased, flawed interpretation of Phil 2:6 that the Message Bible gave.

In reality, Phil 2:6 does NOT equate Jesus with his God, no matter how bad your translation wants to force this belief. :)

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Dec. 18 2011,21:26)
    you want me to read verse that christ is equal with GOD.
    Philippians 2:6

The Message (MSG)

5-8Think of yourselves the way Christ Jesus thought of himself. He had equal status with God but didn't think so much of himself that he had to cling to the advantages of that status no matter what. Not at all. When the time came, he set aside the privileges of deity and took on the status of a slave, became human! Having become human, he stayed human. It was an incredibly humbling process. He didn't claim special privileges. Instead, he lived a selfless, obedient life and then died a selfless, obedient death—and the worst kind of death at that—a crucifixion.

that's the verse.. :D :D :D :D

now show me what you are saying in phil 2:6
    mike: And before I show you a scripture that says Jesus and God are “equally spirit beings”,

read that in phil 2:6. do not jump to other verse. bec you do not understand the term equal in phil 2:6.
    you said a while ago equally spirit beings,. now show me where can you find it in phil 2:6.
    you are just adding words mike :D :D

Jammin

sins now you have found your bible to PHIL;2;6

you can now trow the rest of your bible in the waist basket,

you have found in Phil 2;6 ,your faith,your god,and your guide,

be happy lost one, you may not be alone,but of no avail ,because all blind people fall in the pit because their guide is blind
    as well

Pierre

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Dec. 17 2011,11:04)
    you are using angels created by GOD. they are not the same with GOD and christ. the term equal in phil 2:6 can not be used to the created angels of GOD. :D :D :D

i agree with you jammin' :) Jesus is not a created angel…He created the angels. The Son is the same type of being as the one that beget Him.

Like begets like when a true offspring is the result.

Blessings,
    Kathi

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 09 2011,22:53)

Quote (Lightenup @ Dec. 09 2011,21:16)
    Mike,

EVEN Trinitarians, and others who think Jesus is either the Father he is the Son of, or the God he is the Son of.

Trinitarians do not believe that.

Kathi

Kathi,

If Trinitarians believe Jesus is God Most High, then they believe that Jesus is the God he is the Son of.  

What are you saying they don't believe?

Mike,

If Trinitarians believe Jesus is God Most High, then they believe that Jesus is the God he is the Son of.

No, trinitarians believe that God is made of more than one person, one of those persons is the Father and another of those persons is the Son.

Kathi

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 11 2011,10:25)

Quote (Devolution @ Dec. 11 2011,02:12)

Quote (jammin @ Dec. 11 2011,12:28)
    who is this GOD that spoke to the prophets long ago
    Hebrews 1:1-2

Hi Jammin,

It was the Father.

I am not sure where your question is going here…

I believe Jammin is making the same point you are, Devo.

The God who spoke to the Israelites through many different prophets is the same exact God who spoke to us through His prophet Jesus Christ.

I love that, Jammin!  Kathi believes that “YHWH” encompasses both the Father and the Son in a “Unity Godhead”.  She has claimed that many times in the OT, it was the Son as “YHWH” doing the speaking, and other times it was the Father as “YHWH”.  Trinitarians also assert that “YHWH” in the OT could be referring either to “YHWH the Father” OR “YHWH the Son”.

In your very first post here, you have completely ruined them!  :)  Because the YHWH who lately spoke THROUGH His Son is the SAME YHWH who previously spoke through many prophets in the past.  And if Jesus is just the latest of the prophets THROUGH WHOM YHWH spoke, then he can't possibly BE the YHWH who spoke through the other prophets.  Because Heb 1 makes it clear that it was the SAME YHWH who spoke through the prophets of old………….AND through Jesus.

Kathi, do you hear that?  Unless Jesus was part of a unity that spoke through HIMSELF in these last days, then Jesus was also not part of a unity that spoke through the prophets of old.

Great point, Jammin!  And welcome.

Mike,
    you wrote:

And if Jesus is just the latest of the prophets THROUGH WHOM YHWH spoke, then he can't possibly BE the YHWH who spoke through the other prophets.

The Son of God isn't just the latest of the prophets so your point fails. Hebrews says that God spoke through the prophets in many ways. That leaves it wide open as to how or who He spoke through to the prophets.

Kathi

jammin
    Participant

mike that's not a bad translation. that's the truth. even the jews did not agree that christ is equal with GOD (just like your faith). they call it blasphemy. when christ say i and the father are one (jhn 10:30) , the jews took up stones to stone Him. you why they are to stone jesus? bec jesus said i am the SON of GOD! for the jews, if you claim that you are the SON of GOD means you are GOD! that's why the jews said in verse 33
    The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we stone thee not, but for blasphemy and because thou, being a man, makest thyself God.”

notice that the jews know that jesus was equating himself with GOD but jesus never told to the jews that you're worng! he said i am the SON of GOD. no people in the old testament claimed that he/she is the SON of GOD like jesus did. jesus is the only one saying that he is the SON of GOD. and for the jews, saying you are the SON if GOD means you are GOD! :D :D :D

now mike, i know you cant find your words in phil 2:6 :D :D you are just making conclusions

listen to the song open the eyes of my heart LORD by hillsong.. it's a nice song.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 463 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account